Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 115 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #961
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

On the topic of short hair, I think larger head accessories could work with the right placement. I just bought a larger bow to wear with my classic lolita dress. It's off to one side, instead of dead-center, which I think will look nice with my longer pixie cut. I'll post pics when it arrives!

Also, I'm LOVING that bodyline skirt. I wish it came in more colors.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:36 PM   #962
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

That skirt gets me every time I look at it. Ive wanted it for a long time but was worried if it was actually considered lolita because... well... bodyline has some pretty weird stuff. lol

I want that skirt in every colour. haha
Unread 04-20-2011, 06:33 AM   #963
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Does any one know where I can get boots like these for cheaper? D: They keep raising the price on these things DX I went to the store not too long ago and they were only $100, now they're $180~!

Are these lolita btw? Or just cute? ^ ^

http://www.rosechocolat.com/shop/step1.php?number=354
Unread 04-20-2011, 08:55 AM   #964
Tonksie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Machete View Post
Does any one know where I can get boots like these for cheaper? D: They keep raising the price on these things DX I went to the store not too long ago and they were only $100, now they're $180~!

I'm not knowledgeable enough to answer, but I just had to say OMG THOSE ARE SO FREAKING CUTE.
Tonksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 11:31 AM   #965
Meiki

Quote:

They'd be acceptable for lolita, although I think Rose Chocolat is the only place that makes them.
Unread 04-20-2011, 12:56 PM   #966
ToroSonyCat
Chihiro Fujisaki IRL

Quote:

Those are so adorable and I can totally see them working for lolita!

Ryuko Matoi - 25%

Future Cosplays (not working on yet):
Catherine, Wednesday Addams, Roxy Lalonde, fem!Spock, Monobear, Touko Fukawa, Toro Gijinka, Neptune, Rika Furude, Mew Ichigo, Chibimoon, Ramona Flowers, Coco Bandicoot, Stardust Witch Meruru, Juliet Starling, Homura Akemi
ToroSonyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #967
Magical Machete
Wait... what?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
They'd be acceptable for lolita, although I think Rose Chocolat is the only place that makes them.
Dang... well, I do live in korea... the way of the land is to haggle... maybe I can get a deal? D:
Unread 04-22-2011, 06:13 PM   #968
Akira-hime
boo! ^0^

I have two questions regarding Qi and wa Lolita:

1) I saw a girl in youtube using a really weird "Wa Lolita" ensemble in which the top was tucked in and the obi didn't show. Isn't thetop not supposed to be tucked in so the obi will be shown off clearly?

2) I'm making a Qi Lolita ensemble for this winter. It's based off this doll, though the fabric is pink with dragonflies. I still can't figure out the doll's skirt. Is it's a bustle-like skirt? A cotton petticoat? i've been trying to figure it out for more than a year now, and seems to know either. So please... What is it and how can I make it? XDD

Anyways, that's it, thankchuu!! ^0^
Akira-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2011, 11:14 PM   #969
Migumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-hime View Post
I have two questions regarding Qi and wa Lolita:

1) I saw a girl in youtube using a really weird "Wa Lolita" ensemble in which the top was tucked in and the obi didn't show. Isn't thetop not supposed to be tucked in so the obi will be shown off clearly?

2) I'm making a Qi Lolita ensemble for this winter. It's based off this doll, though the fabric is pink with dragonflies. I still can't figure out the doll's skirt. Is it's a bustle-like skirt? A cotton petticoat? i've been trying to figure it out for more than a year now, and seems to know either. So please... What is it and how can I make it? XDD

Anyways, that's it, thankchuu!! ^0^
Looks like a multi-tiered underskirt. can't really say much besides that XD
Migumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #970
Akira-hime
boo! ^0^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migumi View Post
Looks like a multi-tiered underskirt. can't really say much besides that XD
unyuu. u.u thankchuu. ^^ I supposeI'll have to make a tired skirt then. XDD It's just that I keep thinking it's a petticoat of some sort, I dunno why. XD
Unread 04-24-2011, 12:18 AM   #971
Yelirp

To a few of those critiquing a few of the lolita outfits posted here, keep in mind there are many different types of lolita.
Heres a website that lists and explains the different types of Lolita, to all whom it may concern, just to have something to go by:
http://www.lolitafashion.org/styles_list.php
Yelirp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2011, 08:50 PM   #972
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Sooooo...

Believe it or not, I typed "qi lolita skirt" into Google and found this site, which I think would be extremely helpful for you, haha! Multi-tired skirt with a petticoat underneath. Problem solved! XD

EDIT: Also, you might want to try contacting the designer. It's always nice to let others know that you're inspired by their work. He or she might even be able to help you out! You never know.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE

Last edited by Karitsa : 04-24-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:31 AM   #973
Akira-hime
boo! ^0^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
Sooooo...

Believe it or not, I typed "qi lolita skirt" into Google and found this site, which I think would be extremely helpful for you, haha! Multi-tired skirt with a petticoat underneath. Problem solved! XD

EDIT: Also, you might want to try contacting the designer. It's always nice to let others know that you're inspired by their work. He or she might even be able to help you out! You never know.
Omigosh!!! Thankchuu!!!! Somebody had given me thelink through msn, but they never told me where they got it from!! Thankchuu soooo much!!!! ^0^

I also had another question. o.o

I orange, and I mean DUCKY ORANGE (you know, like the ducky's beak o.o) is acceptable in lolita? I own a shop and was wondering if it was because I have enough orange felt to make various berets to sell and maybe to keep one for myself. o.o But i'm not sure if this type of orange is acceptable. o.o

And thankchuu again!!! ^0^
Unread 04-25-2011, 12:41 AM   #974
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-hime View Post
Omigosh!!! Thankchuu!!!! Somebody had given me thelink through msn, but they never told me where they got it from!! Thankchuu soooo much!!!! ^0^

I also had another question. o.o

I orange, and I mean DUCKY ORANGE (you know, like the ducky's beak o.o) is acceptable in lolita? I own a shop and was wondering if it was because I have enough orange felt to make various berets to sell and maybe to keep one for myself. o.o But i'm not sure if this type of orange is acceptable. o.o

And thankchuu again!!! ^0^
There's a possibility that orange could work for something but it really isn't seen in lolita very often. I wouldn't say it can't be done, but I would say it would be hard to pull off.
Unread 04-25-2011, 01:30 AM   #975
Akira-hime
boo! ^0^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
There's a possibility that orange could work for something but it really isn't seen in lolita very often. I wouldn't say it can't be done, but I would say it would be hard to pull off.
Thankchuu Meiki. ^^ Maybe if I got some brown felt and made accents to town down the orange a bit. o.o I'm thinking country lolita or something like that... but then again they use straw hats and the like... @o@