Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 98 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-25-2011, 03:21 PM   #976
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-hime View Post
Omigosh!!! Thankchuu!!!! Somebody had given me thelink through msn, but they never told me where they got it from!! Thankchuu soooo much!!!! ^0^
You're very welcome! It was a lucky find, that's all.

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #977
Akira-hime
boo! ^0^

I have yet another question... can corduroy be considered lolita? Cause I have a very very long skirt makde of that fabric and I woudllike to deconstruct it to make a lolita skirt. ^^
Akira-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2011, 11:33 PM   #978
Meiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira-hime View Post
I have yet another question... can corduroy be considered lolita? Cause I have a very very long skirt makde of that fabric and I woudllike to deconstruct it to make a lolita skirt. ^^
Yup! Classic brands make things with corduroy pretty often in the fall/winter.
Unread 05-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #979
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Just be warned- corduroy + Petticoat is very WARM. I have a f+f skirt that I love but if I wear it on the wrong day to school (some of the classrooms are a lot warmer than others) I Die.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:02 AM   #980
LostLittleWitch
Please cut the lights D:

Um, hello. I'm brand new to lolita, and I wanted to ask a question before I start. Are tank tops and camisoles okay? I also have no idea exactly what to start with, but I've been looking at some skirts from Fan + Friend...

Last edited by LostLittleWitch : 05-12-2011 at 02:25 AM.
LostLittleWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:14 AM   #981
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

As far as I know, no. A little too skimpy. Although, something like this could be worn with or without a blouse. I'd start out your lolita adventure by reading through the stickies first.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #982
LostLittleWitch
Please cut the lights D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawberrySiren View Post
As far as I know, no. A little too skimpy. Although, something like this could be worn with or without a blouse. I'd start out your lolita adventure by reading through the stickies first.
Alright, thank you! I'm not a big fan of long sleeves, so I'll have to keep my eyes out for short sleeved blouses. c:
Unread 05-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #983
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLittleWitch View Post
Alright, thank you! I'm not a big fan of long sleeves, so I'll have to keep my eyes out for short sleeved blouses. c:
Sometimes you can find adorable short sleeve blouse to wear under jsks (dresses like the one in the picture that was linked) at stores like old navy or fashion bug. They're usually too sheer to wear with a skirt though
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM   #984
Bodici22
is a crazy person.

Okay, I'm back with a couple of new questions.
First of all, boots. I wear boots every day, and I own quite a large variety of boots. Are there any styles where boots work? (Any kind of boots. I have a lot and I'm always open to buying more. I have a problem, but I'm okay with that).

Second question. I've heard that lace parasols are a no-no, and I understand that for most parasols that are made of kind of thin lace. But I have my black lace parasol that I carry around with me a lot of the time (easily sunburned). Picture (Sorry for creepy face). Could that work?

Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 01:46 PM   #985
Meiki

Well punk definitely comes to mind when thinking of boots, especially more everyday styles of boots. Other styles can definitely be worn with boots, it just depends on what kind. I think granny boots work really well with classic, especially in lighter colors or brown. And boots can definitely go with sweet, like these: http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/online...11811141712312 for example. And more sophisticated black booties or granny boots can go well with gothic. So...boots pretty much go with anything, depending on the style.

It might work with gothic, or classic in black.
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #986
An-Mochi

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/459/lolihatmaybe.jpg
The clothes I wear generally fall under the juristiction of "classy", but not always lolita by a long shot. I know this hat is a bit of the wrong era, but I have very short hair (2-3inches at longest, 1.5 ish at shortest) so I know I need some sort of headgear (I should have headgear anyways, yeah). Anyways. I have this hat and I was wondering if it's a possibility.

Both of my headbows are from my first forays into the realms of lolita, and while they are beautiful (ITS bow/skirt combos) they are too sweet for me now that I'm more comfortable with the style, and I'm considering selling them and the skirts.

On a related note, I am a huge fan of full sized hats: berets, straw (preferably with flowers!) cloche, what have you. They're difficult to find for classic/country lolita... I keep running into mini hats which just look too costumey on me. Anybody have any good links for lolita hats?

Edit: What about this: http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...1%26 spc%3D29 if I switch the black ribbon and flower for an ivory one and some other flowers?
2011: Tony (Earthbound)
2012: Ectobiologist!Karkat, Zombiestuck Alpha Kids (Homestuck)
2013: Test Subject!Roxy (Portal/Homestuck), Demimonde Semigoddess (Problem Sleuth)
2014: Maggie Lacivi (Ava's Demon)

Last edited by An-Mochi : 05-16-2011 at 09:22 PM.
An-Mochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #987
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Forever 21 and Papaya always have hats. Some of them could work out (I know Forever 21 usually sells at least one cloche at any given time).

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #988
Meiki

I like that first hat on you! The ribbon is really cute I think the hat you linked to is awesome, boaters have gotten pretty popular lately and I think they're super cute for summer time! Sadly, I don't know of any good off-brand places to buy hats other than looking through normal stores and having some luck. I wish it were easier to find IW style hats for cheaper, they make the loveliest hats!
Unread 05-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #989
x0xmx0x

Hi, I have another question for you, sorry I ask alot of questions you must be sick of me ^^;
I've been watching an anime called pita ten and the summer school uniform that the female characters wear I think is really cute and I would like to try and make it. But I was also wondering if it could work for lolita as well? I think sailor lolita? so I would like to know what you think. Thank you

(the pink haired girl in the pictures)

reference one

reference two
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:30 AM   #990
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

Me being still a newb myself I think the skirt part doesn't have enough volume to be considered lolita. Perhaps if you make the skirt part with more fabric to allow more volume?

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote