Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > EGL

Reply
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 55 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-07-2011, 02:45 AM   #1051
ShinyDrifloon
The only Shiny Drifloon!
 
ShinyDrifloon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 266
Thank you Meiki, you have enlightened me once again <3

I love your blog btw.
ShinyDrifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:23 PM   #1052
LostLittleWitch
Please cut the lights D:
 
LostLittleWitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 124
Thanks so much Meiki! You're awesome C: *late reply is late*
__________________
<3, Witchie
LostLittleWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #1053
Meiki
Registered User
 
Meiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyDrifloon View Post
Thank you Meiki, you have enlightened me once again <3

I love your blog btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostLittleWitch View Post
Thanks so much Meiki! You're awesome C: *late reply is late*
D'aww thanks you guys I'm happy to help!
__________________
Make Lovely, my Lolita blog!
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:03 PM   #1054
Andraia4
Registered User
 
Andraia4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiki View Post
I would not buy anything from Milanoo. The original is from Mary Magdalene: http://www.marymagdalene.jp/contents/dress/231/0105/ though it is sold out. You could try finding it for cheaper second-hand on Alice Fururun or Closet Child, though if you're going to look for it definitely check out the measurements first. This Bodyline dress looks pretty similar: http://www.bodyline.co.jp/bodyline/s..._7&noSubType=N
Fyi, your bodyline link is broken.

And I frankly don't recommend supporting Milanoo based on how poorly they treat their customers alone. Many reviews the company posts and are faked. Don't bother with them.
Andraia4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 11:17 PM   #1055
Meiki
Registered User
 
Meiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andraia4 View Post
Fyi, your bodyline link is broken.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll go fix that.
__________________
Make Lovely, my Lolita blog!
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #1056
Bodici22
is a crazy person.
 
Bodici22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,360
Okay, found this shirt in a thrift shop, wondering what you guys think of it?
Derpface Bathroom Mirror Cell Phone Picture

The sleeves are too small, but I'm fixing that, so ignore the fit for now. My main concern is that the ruffles on the neck and sleeves look like they were cut on the selvage, they've got this little soft fraying look to them, and I don't know if that's acceptable at all. EDIT: Woops. I'll post a picture of that in a second. Should have thought of that...
__________________
Current sewing machine count: 9 and a serger. I need to stop buying any machine I find that works and is less than $50. I have a problem.


Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.

Last edited by Bodici22 : 08-25-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #1057
Meiki
Registered User
 
Meiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodici22 View Post
Okay, found this shirt in a thrift shop, wondering what you guys think of it?
Derpface Bathroom Mirror Cell Phone Picture

The sleeves are too small, but I'm fixing that, so ignore the fit for now. My main concern is that the ruffles on the neck and sleeves look like they were cut on the selvage, they've got this little soft fraying look to them, and I don't know if that's acceptable at all. EDIT: Woops. I'll post a picture of that in a second. Should have thought of that...
I think it's pretty cute! I don't think the fraying style ruffles will be much of a problem unless they get super stringy.
__________________
Make Lovely, my Lolita blog!
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 08:50 AM   #1058
Karitsa
The Black Sheep
 
Karitsa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 966
Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've posted in this sub-forum...

Anyway, my Classic Lolita co-ord is finished! You can see photos of it in my gallery. I'd appreciate some feedback, since this was my very first time wearing Lolita. Hope you guys like it!
__________________
Organizer of the Anime North 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014 (Oh my...) One Piece Photoshoot/Gathering

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Karitsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2011, 11:59 AM   #1059
Meiki
Registered User
 
Meiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karitsa View Post
Hi everyone! It's been so long since I've posted in this sub-forum...

Anyway, my Classic Lolita co-ord is finished! You can see photos of it in my gallery. I'd appreciate some feedback, since this was my very first time wearing Lolita. Hope you guys like it!
I think you look lovely! The coordinate is great and the dress suits you really well.
__________________
Make Lovely, my Lolita blog!
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #1060
Bodici22
is a crazy person.
 
Bodici22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,360
All right, y'all, I'm back with yet another question!
I've been working on a skirt (because I needed something to go with the black blouse) and I think it's a bit too long. I can add another pintuck which will shorten it by half an inch, or I can redo the waistband and shorten it by however much I think I should shorten it by.
(For some reason, my eyes try to focus on both my phone screen and the mirror when I take pictures, resulting in a fantastic derpface, and this is no exception) Here's a picture of said skirt.
The bottom of the ruffle hits about half an inch below my knee.

Also, I'm thinking of getting a new petticoat as I'm not really happy with the one I made. Any suggestions?
__________________
Current sewing machine count: 9 and a serger. I need to stop buying any machine I find that works and is less than $50. I have a problem.


Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-2011, 08:02 PM   #1061
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!
 
ThakYuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,413
In my personal opinion, I think a new, fuller petticoat will help it out a lot.
__________________
Every time I open the fridge, the hole in my jello glares at me.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 09:59 AM   #1062
Bodici22
is a crazy person.
 
Bodici22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
In my personal opinion, I think a new, fuller petticoat will help it out a lot.
Thanks! Last night, I washed my petti and starched it, which deflated it somewhat, and I tried it on with the skirt. Looked a lot better, so I'm going to buy a real petticoat. I was thinking this one: http://www.qutieland.com/product.php?id=494 (though ordering it from TaoBao. It's just a lot easier to link to qutieland).
__________________
Current sewing machine count: 9 and a serger. I need to stop buying any machine I find that works and is less than $50. I have a problem.


Also you can add me on twitter! Unless you have something better to do with your time than read about the insanity of my life.
Bodici22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 08:05 PM   #1063
Tower_Tycoon
Self-proclaimed genius
 
Tower_Tycoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 45
Well, well. I'm here to ask a variety of questions! I recently went to Savers (which is like Goodwill's awesome older sister who plays video games and fights crime) and I happen to spot a skirt that screamed Lolita to me! (Don't worry, it is laceless, high waisted and goes down to about my knee) It has a nice print and looks like it could fit a petticoat and look lovely! SO I bought it! (it was 5 bucks so yeah) and I found a lovely blouse to match! (Also 5 bucks so even if it isn't technically Lolita it's still adorable) My number one question is whether or not this could actually be considered Lolita, or if not, why not? (I'm a total noob so I really would love CONSTRUCTIVE criticism :3) And my second question is which style of Lolita would it be considered? (I'm thinking Country, or, with the right accessories, sweet)

And pictures so that my random babblings make sense!

Both pieces together~!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hibi/loli1.jpg

A better look at the top~! (the small trim on the sleeves of the blouse is the same color brown that appears on the skirt)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hibi/loli2.jpg

A a better look at the print on the skirt~!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hibi/loli3.jpg

So yeah, any answers would be great, even if it's not technically Lolita, it isn't 'ita' either so I'm fine with that, it's a cute outfit regardless!

(I realize pictures of me in the outfit would make it easier to tell, but asking my 9 year old brother to take my picture seems a little weird to me lol and I currently lack access to a body length mirror and don't feel like climbing on my bathroom counter!)
Tower_Tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:17 PM   #1064
Meiki
Registered User
 
Meiki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tower_Tycoon View Post
Well, well. I'm here to ask a variety of questions! I recently went to Savers (which is like Goodwill's awesome older sister who plays video games and fights crime) and I happen to spot a skirt that screamed Lolita to me! (Don't worry, it is laceless, high waisted and goes down to about my knee) It has a nice print and looks like it could fit a petticoat and look lovely! SO I bought it! (it was 5 bucks so yeah) and I found a lovely blouse to match! (Also 5 bucks so even if it isn't technically Lolita it's still adorable) My number one question is whether or not this could actually be considered Lolita, or if not, why not? (I'm a total noob so I really would love CONSTRUCTIVE criticism :3) And my second question is which style of Lolita would it be considered? (I'm thinking Country, or, with the right accessories, sweet)

And pictures so that my random babblings make sense!

Both pieces together~!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hibi/loli1.jpg

A better look at the top~! (the small trim on the sleeves of the blouse is the same color brown that appears on the skirt)
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hibi/loli2.jpg

A a better look at the print on the skirt~!
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hibi/loli3.jpg

So yeah, any answers would be great, even if it's not technically Lolita, it isn't 'ita' either so I'm fine with that, it's a cute outfit regardless!

(I realize pictures of me in the outfit would make it easier to tell, but asking my 9 year old brother to take my picture seems a little weird to me lol and I currently lack access to a body length mirror and don't feel like climbing on my bathroom counter!)
I think both are really cute, but I'm not sure the skirt could be used for lolita. It looks like it'd probably accommodate a petticoat, but the print is a little too modern to me, if that makes any sense. The blouse looks really useful for lolita though! The cut is nice and I like the trim.
__________________
Make Lovely, my Lolita blog!
Meiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #1065
Tower_Tycoon
Self-proclaimed genius
 
Tower_Tycoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 45
Thanks I must say I agree, the blouse is my favorite! It really is nice and has nice ruffles and no cheap lace :3 Again, thanks for the advice!
Tower_Tycoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.