Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Newbies

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 13 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 11-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
crazypill

Question Easy Cosplay ideas

I am new to the cosplay world, and i need some easy, non-expenisive ideas for cosplays.
What are some really easy cosplays to make.

Unread 11-13-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Try General Costume Help. Or Cosplay Newbies.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Artist alley, costumes, businessey things--> http://whimsicalsquidco.deviantart.com/
Unread 11-14-2008, 09:28 AM   #3
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

Try some cosplays that can be bought and/or modified. As I'm biased, I must point out a show like Weiss Kreuz, for instance, and Death Note as well, since both feature costumes that can easily be bought.

I would recommend, though, to pay some extra attention to wigs/makeup when going as a "casual" character, to make yourself really stand out and be recognisable.

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Unread 11-14-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
Crusader_8
Ask me about my name

You can always be super hero in disguise, like peter parker. Buy the Spidey costume, for example, then wear normal clothes over it. Remember to button your collared shirt halfway down though so photo-takers know you're really a thuper-duper hero!
Unread 12-06-2008, 02:48 AM   #5
dark-pheonix

one of the easiest cosplays to do is L from death note, all you need is a white long sleeve shirt and jeans! simple and cheap!
Unread 12-09-2008, 10:02 AM   #6
Lomelindi88

I'll agree with the above. The easiest cosplays are characters that look and dress very normal but are still recognizable. For example, character in normal suits with a distinct hairstyle may get recognized (Phoenix Wright, Yagami Light from Death Note, etc.)

L is a little hard because of his complicated hair. Make sure you get his jeans and his white shirt in the right style because some people have made TERRIBLE L's. D:

Future Cosplays Ideas:
Pharaoh Atem (Yu-Gi-Oh!)