Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Air Gear

Unread 11-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
Mizuki523
Ready but nowhere to go

Agito/Akito contact lens help

Hi. I need some help. I plan on going as Agito/Akito from Air Gear to a covention pretty soon and I want to get some colored contacts for it.
Here's a reference picture:http://www.crunchyroll.com/user/Mizu...hotos/21297036

As you can see the eye on the left (Agito's eye) is cat eyed and the one on the right (Akito's eye) is a normal yellow. I want to get both of them for my cosplay. But the thing is I use contacts anyways and with out my contact lenses I'm blind >.<;. But I also hear that there are some places that can get you contacts with your prescription. I tried searching but no luck. So does anyone know any good websites that have good contacts for that? Thanx!
Mizuki523 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #2
Mizuki523
Ready but nowhere to go

Oops sorry about that! the link that I put for the reference picture didn't work. this on should work: http://s387.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=untitled.jpg
Unread 11-14-2008, 05:40 PM   #3
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

So, wait... Are you saying you want two pairs, one with the slit pupils and one with normal pupils, or you want one lens of each? I'm not familiar with that series, so I have no idea what the deal with Agito/Akito is or even if they're two separate characters. ^^;

If you're wanting one lens of each, it'll be hard to match up the yellows, the cat eye lenses are generally a bit more neon and greenish than the plain yellow ones.

It's weird, but most of the lens sites I buy from used to have the yellow cat eye lenses in corrective powers, but not anymore. They have the red ones, but not yellow. I'm not sure why that is. I know Ciba Vision always made the yellow cat eyes in RX, they're called 'Wild Eyes' brand instead of 'Crazy eyes', which are the plano ones. I could have sworn that Gothika made the yellow cat eyes in RX too, they made the banshee cat-like ones in RX, I have some.

http://www.aclens.com/displaylens.asp?LensID=132

That's the only thing I could find, and they're $58 per lens. >< My Gothika Banshee lenses were $65 for the pair, so this is disheartening.

As for regular pupil yellow lenses, I don't think I've seen anything but the yellow rave/disco/blacklight lenses in RX powers, and those are pretty greenish on dark eyes. (don't know what your natural eye color is) Here's those: http://www.visiondirect.com/la/produ...UY-PLST-0-SRCH

Wish I could be of more help, but it seems Gothika has discontinued certain colors/styles in RX. ><
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #4
Nyte-Skye
Chase the Morning

These are actually considerably expensive BUT they are custom right down to if you have astigmatism, and w/e power you need to correct your vision. You just have to show them the reference pic and they'll make them for you

http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html

If you go to contact 9mm sfx you can ask them to make them for you, but don't be surprised if they're $100 or more because they're making them just for you
Nyte-Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2008, 07:13 PM   #5
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyte-Skye View Post
These are actually considerably expensive BUT they are custom right down to if you have astigmatism, and w/e power you need to correct your vision. You just have to show them the reference pic and they'll make them for you

http://www.9mmsfx.com/lenses.html

If you go to contact 9mm sfx you can ask them to make them for you, but don't be surprised if they're $100 or more because they're making them just for you
$100? XD Try $300 for the pair. *points to avatar* Those are customs from 9mmsfx, $320 with shipping. They are neat though, and fit wonderfully. Plus, there's the added benfit of being able to see. LOL.

While 9mmsfx does amazing work and I can't speak enough praise of them, I don't usually recommend them for people just looking for something that's available in stock lenses, it's just not in most people's budget. Wasn't really in mine either, but that didn't stop me. *cough* living outside means *cough* I also don't recommend that. ^^;
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
Mizuki523
Ready but nowhere to go

Thank you so much for helping me. i really do appreciate it ^_^!
Unread 11-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #7
Crystalike
:3

This thread is in the wrong place. You should have put this in the Makeup Forum, that's where all the contact information is.
Crystalike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #8
Nyte-Skye
Chase the Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeisha View Post
$100? XD Try $300 for the pair. *points to avatar* Those are customs from 9mmsfx, $320 with shipping. They are neat though, and fit wonderfully. Plus, there's the added benfit of being able to see. LOL.

While 9mmsfx does amazing work and I can't speak enough praise of them, I don't usually recommend them for people just looking for something that's available in stock lenses, it's just not in most people's budget. Wasn't really in mine either, but that didn't stop me. *cough* living outside means *cough* I also don't recommend that. ^^;
XD I kinda meant 100 per lens,if not more cause there are some pairs that are only 100 per lens. And yeah they're not in my budget but they ARE amazing ^^. I like your's a lot
Nyte-Skye is offline   Reply With Quote