Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 02-22-2013, 04:59 PM   #136
riddeltk
The Reaper Review

I had a dream that I was building my armor during battle cosplay. -.-

Unread 02-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #137
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Oh, I had PLENTY of dreams about cosplaying! Whether it be a character I know for a fact I'll never be able to make the costume for(not being able to sew sucks!), or, and this will sound weird, it's a character I will never be able to cosplay due to gender.

Like, I frequently see myself cosplaying this beautifully made Ninetales gijinka with long white hair, billowy bottoms, or pants in this case, beautiful long oversized sleeves, and all nine of those beautiful tails flowing about in a gentle breeze while perched on the side of a fountain. I'd rather make it a long billowy cream colored dress, but I'm a guy...and a shockingly masculine figured one despite my thin frame. Ah well...dreams are there for a reason, I guess. heehee

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:48 PM   #138
pandagilbirds
Is this a pigeon?

Did you mean every so often? It pains me to wake up. There is this cosplay shop in my dream. It has all the necessary things such as costume, prop, make up, and wigs. Somehow, I also got the money. I always wake up when I finish my purchase. Damn you dream.
pandagilbirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #139
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

Hmm I am not sure if I dream of cosplaying as much as I dream of being the person i was meant to be. Lately i been going around wonderland like I normally do but with this huge bad ass sniper cannon on my back lol so now I have to build the thing for my steampunk Alice look. I may look innocent but I carry a big cannon lol

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #140
Monocle_Complex
Chessmate

Yes, and it's getting worse now that we're getting closer to the con date. The dream usually ends up though that I end up forgetting a vital piece of my cosplay [or the whole thing] and the rest of the dream is me spending that time trying to get the pieces or the costume I'm missing.

Anime Detour 2014:
• Corvo Attano [100% Complete]
•Spider Splicer [100% Complete]

Anime Detour 2014:
•Spider Splicer
Monocle_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #141
shmac

Recently I dreamt that I found the perfect fabric for a cosplay. I woke up and was extremely disappointed. Finding the right fabric for this has caused me so much grief!
shmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #142
Naudae
Azure Angelic Cosplayer

Actually, just last night, I had a rather interesting dream.

I was running my own place. A combination cafe and cosplay outfitter. It basically had elements of both a typical maid cafe and a clothing store specific to cosplaying. And I was the owner! Of course, all of the employees were in cosplay, either as maids, lolita maids, butlers, popular characters in formal wear, etc. Also, apparently I had days where events would take place whereby folks would come in cosplaying and we held contests and specials based on the theme.

This dream has set me on a road to create this awesome place! Good thing I'm already in college for business! heehee

Promotion of My Beloved's Cosplay Page
Pink Lily Cosplay Facebook Page

Planned Conventions and Outfits

TigerCon 2014
Gilbert Beilschmidt/Prussia - Axis Powers Hetalia

Halloween 2014
...still planning this one...
Naudae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2013, 03:17 PM   #143
Valkrinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monocle_Complex View Post
Yes, and it's getting worse now that we're getting closer to the con date. The dream usually ends up though that I end up forgetting a vital piece of my cosplay [or the whole thing] and the rest of the dream is me spending that time trying to get the pieces or the costume I'm missing.
Seriously, those account for about 95% of my cosplay-related dreams. @.@ I've never really forgotten to bring any pieces to the convention hotels or anything, but I somehow dream about forgetting things often!
Valkrinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #144
vizardvalor

Usually these dreams are nightmares where I arrive at an anime convention but forget my cosplays or they aren't done. Even in the dreams I see people who cosplay what I wanna wanted to cosplay which is like adding salt to a wound :[u.
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:42 PM   #145
Ilafatyu
That guy

I dreamed this morning that I finished Drocell's wig and it looked awesome, and it didn't interfere with the collar (which actually stood up for once). I woke up disappointed, but at least it got my ass in motion.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (uniform - RWBY) - 35%
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:47 PM   #146
Kayla Marie C
The Frugal Cosplayer

I've had two dreams about cosplay. Both were recent too! I had a dream I got an email from the person who made the tutorial I'm following for sailor moon. She helped me step by step with the cosplay. I woke up and only remembered how to do the bows, which were the parts I needed help with anyways!

The other one happened a few days ago. I was at a smaller convention and parts of my cosplay were falling out. My ponytail, brooch, boot tops, etc. now I know what to pay special attention to!

Disney's Tangled: Rapunzel - Progress 80%- Sleeves are attached!
Disney - Tinkerbell - Future - Planned
Kayla Marie C is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2013, 02:51 PM   #147
Ilafatyu
That guy

Your dreams are so helpful, Kayla. xD

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Unread 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM   #148
touchmon
Make All The Things!

I had a dream last night that I got a PM from the person that I commissioned for Amnesia Heroine's dress telling me the dress was done. Was very sad when I woke up and found it wasn't true. T_T

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cure~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:53 AM   #149
Ilafatyu
That guy

I had the most terrifying dream last night. I was at some convention, dressed as Asuna from SAO. I had no friends with me, only this Kirito cosplayer who made himself my sort of guardian. I went along with it, like I always used to. I turned into a shy, spineless nothing and followed him around all day, laughing at his jokes and stroking his fragile ego. When he gave me his coat to wear outside in the snow... And later on...

Goddamn, it was scary. Thought I was done with that. I never thought cosplay would turn into this, even in a dream.

facebook // tumblr

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Sheik upgrades - 0%
Unread 03-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #150
BlazeofWar60
lolz

Had quite a few cosplay dreams. Here are two recent ones that I remember:

1. Going to a cosplay themed maid cafe in cosplay. Not very surprising.

2. Was playing a real-life version of Doom 2 at an anime convention (from the looks of the area it looked like Katsucon) - yes, a real-life version, not a computer game. It was a very weird dream because I found myself shooting down other cosplayers with shotguns and plasma rifles on the basis that they were the zombies from Doom 2 invading our anime convention. I was trying to make it out alive of the convention hotel with a handful of survivng cosplayers and friends as the wave of 'zombie cosplayers' kept coming and coming x_x I had glimpses of other hellspawns (like the pink demon and the Hell Knight) which made me feel like Doom 2 was becoming reality

Dunno if a z-pocalypse at an anime convention would be any fun, would it?

"This world is hell, we were born into hell. That doesn't change the fact that I can find ways to enjoy it."
"It's simply a matter of choice - this world sucks to you because you choose it to be so to you."

Last edited by BlazeofWar60 : 03-05-2013 at 10:43 AM.
BlazeofWar60 is offline   Reply With Quote