Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 11-22-2008, 12:32 PM   #31
IAmTheMurderer
ಠ_ಠ

Plenty of times. Usually I have dreams about forgetting parts of my costumes or getting lost in the convention center. XD
IAmTheMurderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 11-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #32
Avocado.Funk
Hyena with Heart of Lion

I remember two distinct times I dreamt about cosplay.

1. The night Anime North 08 ended I had a dream about a Shadow Hearts skit for my cosplay group. It was like a gift from above ~ Now we're going to perform it for '09 :3 Sweeet.

2. The cosplay panic dream I had last night. I left most of my Lucia costume at home and couldn't go get it despite living about 20 minutes away from the convention center because the transit system disappeared.
Unread 11-22-2008, 06:57 PM   #33
black shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avocado.Funk View Post
I remember two distinct times I dreamt about cosplay.

1. The night Anime North 08 ended I had a dream about a Shadow Hearts skit for my cosplay group. It was like a gift from above ~ Now we're going to perform it for '09 :3 Sweeet.
That's awesome. I have dreams like that too but only for fanfiction plots lol.

I had another dream about 2 days ago where I was at a cosplay photoshoot with a friend and when I woke up I was thinking "I wonder how the photos turned out"
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #34
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

I once had a strange dream where I was cosplaying, but it didn't particularly relate to cosplay. I was trying to find a store to buy some tape, but apparently people in costumes were only allowed in a very specific office supply store and I was looking all over Austin for it with a map that would change at random intervals. Very frustrating.
I've also had anxiety dreams about my costumes being destroyed or coming unraveled.

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Abaddon, The Doctor, Lord Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish, Darth Revan and The Mighty Monarch
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #35
Kirara_Power
AKA Sparqy

I have dreams about wearing my in-progress costumes and often times they help me figure out how I'm going to do something. For instance I dreamed how I was going to fix my Fai coat (I made it too small the first time through) and my dream-solution wound up working. I love it when that happens. =)
Kirara_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #36
EgnirysFaye
Knows all your secrets

Usually the kind of con nightmares I get are ones where the convention is just ending o.o Like my last one - my friends and I arrived and everything was just closing, with stuff being taken down and cosplayers disapearing by the moment. At this point I was struggling to find my camera to at least take some pictures lol unfortunetly, they kept disapearing and regular-clothed people replaced them and left. Soon the whole convention area turned more into this gigantic library thing.

Another kind of dream I remembered, where I was cosplaying (As Caterina Sforza, which was a real life cosplay) and I was walking down the hallway and suddenly a bunch of people started taking my picture - WHILE my cosplay was falling apart. Threads undoing and runnng, fabric suddenly getting holes and rips, paint cracking, skirt falling off...man it was not nice XD then afterward everyone started heading off to a much better Caterina cosplayer and taking pictures of her while I was struggling to fix mine.

So those anxieties pretty much sums it up as cosplay nightmares. I have had nice dreams though, where I suddenly had all these really nice cosplays of various characters in my closet and was deciding what ones I wanted to wear. Also had dreams where I had the same powers as the character I was cosplaying ^_^;;

Future/In Progress Cosplays:
||Lyanna (95%) ::Game of Thrones ASOIAF||King Canute::Vinland Saga
|| ? ::Once Upon a Time || Princess Tutu::Princess Tutu{Coppelia}||Louise Belcher::Bob's Burger's
EgnirysFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #37
Etoile-sama

I actually just had a dream last week about conventions. I had spent a good part of the night working on the first of my commissions, and I was starting to get excited about cosplay again (though ACEN is about 6 months away! ;__ Anyway, I dreamed that I woke up the next day and it was May 8th, and none of my costumes were done. I was sewing in the hotel room, struggling to get everything finished so that I could go have fun with my friends.

In short... my worst nightmare. ;_____;
Unread 11-23-2008, 09:49 PM   #38
Darksilverhawk
Now in 3 fun colors!

I had one not to long ago where I was packing for Ohayocon and freaking out because all of my costumes had pieces missing.

And I had one where I went with a bunch of other cosplayers to see a fireworks show. That one was a bit strange.

"Any problem can be solved with some sort of pin. Safety pins, bobby pins, any pins; anytime you have a problem, just use the corresponding type of pin!" - My friend. Not a cosplayer, but wise indeed.
Darksilverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2008, 10:32 PM   #39
AnaAesthetic

You know it's pretty bad when your costumes enter your dream. But, when I'm fixated on a project, I often dream about it! Especially if I'm having trouble with a certain aspect. I can't tell you how many times I figured out a more complex part of one of my costumes in a dream. Maybe I'm just crazy ;D
AnaAesthetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:26 AM   #40
Lady Saru
Marchesa delle Arte

A random scene in one involved an Ulquiorra cosplayer being interviewed. He was very, very serious, until a copy of Gothic and Lolita Bible caught his eye...then he screamed "OH MY GOD!!" and ran after it.

I was Nnoitra in another with my friend as Tesla, being all serious until we spotted a Richard Wellington (Phoenix Wright) cosplayer....I dropped all seriousness, screamed "TESLA! IT'S RICHARD!" and raced after it.

I get tricked into fanservice in my dreams...often. The costume changes, but it happens.

And in a favorite, I was cosplaying Princess Tutu and a Fakir cosplayer kissed me....The joy of shipping.
Phantom!Grell Sutcliffe (Design by Dio)
Subaru [Tsubasa: Tokyo Revelations]

Events:
Fanime 2011

Unofficial twin of Sakurai Atsushi~
Lady Saru is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:46 AM   #41
Migumi

I had a nightmare about cosplay.

I went to a convention without money or a costume. I accidentally left them at home, which somehow became a day's drive away. Then I saw someone with my purse and my costume on. I almost cried in the nightmare >.<
Migumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:11 AM   #42
black shinigami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Saru View Post
A random scene in one involved an Ulquiorra cosplayer being interviewed. He was very, very serious, until a copy of Gothic and Lolita Bible caught his eye...then he screamed "OH MY GOD!!" and ran after it.

Lol. It'd be so amusing if that ever happened in real life.
black shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #43
Hamster
Epic ponytail

When the con I'm making a costume for is drawing really close and I'mpressed for time (which is every time I make a costume), I tend to have all those stressful everything-goes-wrong-dreams, where my costume isn't finished and I have to go on stage and explain to everybody that I didn't make it in time... Or, when I'm just starting out of a costume, I tend to dream that the con is next weekend and I'm not half-finished, only to wake up and find out that the con is still two months away. Yeah, I only have stress-dreams.

I don't usually dream about cosplay outside of con season - but tonight, for some reason, I dreamed that someone I didn't know was sitting next to my bed, rubbing the paint off my Asakura Ryoko prop knife with another prop knife. O_o;; It was a rather weird dream.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:58 PM   #44
Shadowhunter72
A Huge Tails Fan :D

i've had a few, but one of them that was almost real-ish, was one where i was at a con in the USA(I live in UK) and i had a really awesome tails cosplay (looked very similar to one that is on this website). i had an awesome time there too When i woke up, i was slightly upset that it wasn't real ^^; ^^;
Accel- Power Stone(Definitely)
Humanised version of Typhlosion(Maybe)
Lucario- Pokemon(Maybe)
Altair Tails- Miles "Tails" Prower Variant(Most likely)
Matt Prower-Original Character (Definitely )
Costumes in progress:
Humanised version of Tails- Sonic-65%(Re-doing the whole thing)
Shadowhunter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM   #45
ladymatsuya
Is it naptime yet?

My friend keeps having dreams that we get sucked into different animes and/or video games right when we get to the con so we end up missing the whole thing. XD First, it was Death Note, and the awesome Light and L cosplayers were the real live thing, and then another dream where the hotel turned into Silent Hill. Oh boy. I would totally pay money for the con to turn into Silent Hill, though.

I don't really have dreams too much, but I can say just loads of random crap to her and generally she'll call me within the next few days with some cracked out dream cocktail comprised of whatever thoughts I shoved into her head. It's pretty awesome. I feel like Haruko sometimes. XD

Last edited by ladymatsuya : 11-24-2008 at 03:10 PM.
ladymatsuya is offline   Reply With Quote