Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 03-25-2011, 04:44 PM   #61
RinoaLnhrt

I usually just have nightmares about cosplay fails. I had one the other night where I got to the con and I had NOTHING finished..even though the next con is a month away and I'm more than capable of having everything done a week before the con. I had a dream a couple weeks ago that I got to the con and had forgotten two entire cosplays and half of the only one I had remembered to bring. T.T

These nightmares would be why I'm so paranoid about making a list and only checking things off when I physically put them in my bag.
Asuna (Sword Art Online) (90%)
Flame Princess (Adventure Time)
~~~~~
RinoaLnhrt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-25-2011, 06:06 PM   #62
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

Yeah, I do sometimes. (It's what made me wake up one night and go: *Sits up after waking from dream* ".... I shall cosplay RINOA!! >=D...." *falls asleep again.*)

and other times i've dreamed about goign to cons and either everything going right or everything going wrong.

And last night, I had a dream about... making my crown clown cloak... which im attempting to make today after getting fabrics. so really, i was shocked to be havign an actual HELPFUL cosplay dream... cause actually, it seems like the method i was approaching it in my dream actually could work! xD

i guess the reason i had it was because i was spending all night last night thinkign about it and how to go about making it, and i was thinking about it before i fell asleep, and i woke up thinking about it.

Obsessed, much?

Last edited by RinoaShadow : 03-25-2011 at 06:08 PM.
RinoaShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 07:14 PM   #63
mattyj

i have..........but it's really wierd because i'm at this convention hall, which i've been to sevral times and know what it looks like and where it is but in my dreams it looks nothing like it should and for some reason were in miami for it, this has happend quite a bit

Next event: May MCM Expo 11

Costumes
Friday - Risa - Ubunchu
Saturday - Kaito - Vocaloid
Sunday - Austria - Hetalia
mattyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2011, 09:02 PM   #64
daylight
Sugar Junkie

Ive had a few.... the first one I ever had was that I ended up going to a convention with someone on short notice and I walk out in my cosplay and its the WRONG SKIRT
cue freaking out, trying to figure out how I could have even put the wrong skirt on in the first place, and franticly trying to call my mother to bring me the proper bottoms. Luckily I woke up soon after that

Another one I had was when I was joining some sort of anime club full of people I had never met/seen before and there were allot of Sailor Moon cosplayers, it was pretty cool but I don't remember a whole lot of it
Unread 03-26-2011, 01:17 AM   #65
RinoaShadow
An utter Parasmore ;p

I love how a cosplayers idea of a nightmare is showing up to a con with costume failure, wrong costume pieces or no cosplay at all xD
Unread 03-26-2011, 04:40 AM   #66
Ineedaname9
I Am Not Sephiroth

My cosplay dreams is almost always on construction of cosplay for some reason. It has worked every single time lol idk why but yay for being smarter in my dreams?

Though there has been a few where I like 'forgot there was a convention' and for whatever reason I walk by where it's held to notice the long line of cosplayers. I'm like 'NOOOOOO!!!!' and I wake up to look at my phone for the convention dates...

Events: ALA 15, Kawaii Kon 15, and AX 15
Ineedaname9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #67
Akiyhrah
She-Geek extraordinaire

I had a dream last night that I had finished my Reno cosplay and was wearing it at Tsukino Con (which already happened). I was wondering around, but I couldn't find any of my friends, so I wandered into a panel room which turned out to be the opening ceremonies. I figured my friends would be in there, but I couldn't find them. Then the panel started, so I just sat down to watch, only the chairs were too low so I couldn't see the stage. But that didn't matter because for some reason the MC's were sitting next to me in the audience.
So I'm sitting there watching them talk, and all of a sudden I notice two girls that I used to be friends with in high school sitting behind them. I was shocked, because these are two girls I NEVER would have imagined would attend an anime convention. So I waved at them, but they just gave me mean looks, and started laughing at me because I was cosplaying.

Then my dream ended.... :/
Unread 03-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #68
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

Yes, I have cosplay related dreams all the time, pretty much... oh no, cosplay has taken over my life! lol

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
SWE Skecon (4-6 July 2014)
FRI Sōji Okita (violet yukata version) - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT Gakupo Kamui (original kimono) - Vocaloid
SUN Sōji Okita (summer uniform) - Hakuōki SSL ~Sweet School Life~
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:15 AM   #69
TR Rose
Meowing About

Yes, but usually those dreams are of the variety:
"It's the day before the con, I entered the contest and didn't even start my costume!"

Not usually fun dreams. I guess they've supplemented or replaced the "It's the day before an exam and I never attended class!" dreams for me.
• 10th Doctor
TR Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 11:27 AM   #70
lotus machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR Rose View Post
Yes, but usually those dreams are of the variety:
"It's the day before the con, I entered the contest and didn't even start my costume!"

Not usually fun dreams. I guess they've supplemented or replaced the "It's the day before an exam and I never attended class!" dreams for me.
I know exactly what you mean, except for mine, they've replaced the 'being naked or semi-naked or somehow exposed in front of a huge group of people'. I used to have those sorts of nightmares all the time until I got into cosplay, apparently.

Now, instead of being naked, I have dreams where I'm at some sort of convention and a) my costume is incomplete, and I spend the whole time being incredibly self conscious or miserable, or b) I forgot parts or my entire costume and have to buy something to replace it at the con. One dream in particular that stands out was one where my girlfriend/cosplay partner and I were at a large, very dark hotel for a convention and had forgotten our costumes, so we had to buy these bizarre lingerie type outfits and treated them as if they were similar to lolita (?!?). It was very, very weird and I spent the whole dream with my arms wrapped around myself and freaking out because I was wearing underwear in public.

I've never had an enjoyable cosplay dream. </3
lotus machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:12 AM   #71
Curiiosiity
Chère Lune Princesse

The only dream I remember that was cosplay related was I was cosplaying as Hidan and I was walking down the halls at a con. And for some odd reason there was only a few people there. _.; and all of a sudden I was on a war field hiding behind.. a hay stack? I Dunno. But out of NO WHERE the real Hidan came up, and was wearing some weird army uniform with a rifle, and and he suddenly started yelling at me to get down, and get to cover. I was likke "WTFFF IS GOING ON?!" Then i woke up xD one of the WEIRDEST dreams I've ever had.

I've had other weird cosplay dreams but I cant remember them ; _ ;
They were probably equally as weird/army related as this one xD
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:17 AM   #72
kiratsukai
culture shocked

I frequently have nightmares about going to events and then realizing I've forgotten something crucial and unhideable like a wig, ALL of my makeup, or my shoes.

I think it's a cosplay variation on the "naked in class" nightmare classic.

LAYERS Tutorial Translations: here, Blog: here
~ Cosplayer's Archive #67148 ~ Cure #224396 ~ My Marketplace Page ~
kiratsukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:26 AM   #73
pltshp
i did what i have to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiratsukai View Post
I frequently have nightmares about going to events and then realizing I've forgotten something crucial and unhideable like a wig, ALL of my makeup, or my shoes.

I think it's a cosplay variation on the "naked in class" nightmare classic.
I actually had this dream last night. That I was walking to the convention in Honey cosplay, but by the time I got there I was stark naked and had to tell people I was Raiden from Metal Gear Solid 2.
pltshp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 06:34 AM   #74
Periphescent
I'm an ohtaco.

I -just- had my first cosplay dream last night. I can't remember most of it, but there was sort of a masquerade thing, except only thirteen people or so could enter, and everyone in that thirteen had to vote someone out/vote for someone to win to narrow it down for each "round". I know I had made a keyblade of sorts out of metal and people were really impressed, but I got voted out in the seventh round because my costume was plain. Then I was freaking out over my cosplays not being ready in time for Otakon, but then I realized that it was only the DC Comics Convention being held at the BCC, and not actually Otakon, so I still had months to work on them.

It was much more abstract and didn't make much sense, but it's strange that I just had my first one and only saw this thread by chance right after I woke up. :O
5% | KENSHIN HIMURA [rurouni kenshin]
saturday | MISAO MAKIMACHI [rurouni kenshin]
SETA SOUJIRO [rurouni kenshin]
sunday | GINNY WEASLEY [a very potter musical]
SAILOR MARS [sailor moon]
Periphescent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 07:36 PM   #75
Leadmill
Looks good in uniform...

That I forget shit that I need. As this happens a lot.

Current Cosplay Projects
Nights Watch Brother (Game of Thrones) - 70%
Shy Guy (Mario Warfare) - 90%
Leadmill is offline   Reply With Quote