Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 197 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-28-2009, 07:54 PM   #211
OmegaJoe

Hey there all. Sh*t do I feel stupid. I just made another Left 4 dead thread without even finding this one. (Sorry terribly sorry about that!). But anywho if this is the thread I'm gonna try and pitch my crazy idea. (though many of you may have heard it before). I'm going to be attempting a project on cosplaying as the Tank! Thing is... I have no idea of even where to begin or even what to do! I know I need to make a entire suit to account for its huge torso and arms, but all the details I need help with! If you you guys could give my suggestions and such I would really love it! Plus... if I get it done and you do see me you'll have the pleasure of getting smacked off the side of a skyscraper! XD

Unread 04-28-2009, 09:04 PM   #212
stonesour_17
RothStaR

Hey fellow survivors Hunter here (yeah I know it's easy, but it's really not, its a workout to stay in character) but who else is going to A-kon? We need Left 4 Dead shenanigans!

Live in DFW area? Join the TEXAS METROPLEX COSPLAY COALITION

A-KON: Deadpool, Castiel, Crowley, Spike
DRAGON CON: Deadpool, Discord, Starkiller, Castiel
stonesour_17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2009, 11:16 PM   #213
craxy-nights
AJ

Hey everyone! How you guys doing?

So, I'm gonna cosplay Left 4 Dead, and I'm aiming for the smoker. (Hello akward crossplay?) I have the green overshirt and some man pants I'm scuffing up and grunging out, and for the face thing I'm doing a phantom of the opera like mask with the stuff glued to it. As for the tounge, I'm not sure yet. I'm avioding anything expensive or hard to obtain because I'm just a poor college kid. Ha ha, yeah, and there's the tiny problem of me being 5'2" . . . Anyways, once it comes together more I'll be sure to post pictures!

Omegajoe: Holy wow, you're going to have a challenge! Uhhh, I've got nothing helpful right now, but good luck and power to ya'!

Bwentali: Nice Francis, lovin' the tattoos, you pull it together quite nicely!

Arcanecani: Awesome Louis, all the props blew me away. (Your Regal is bomb too, I admit, I fangasm'd when I saw it.)

Oh, and can I just say, 3 minutes and 30 seconds on survivor mode with 3 bots? Insane. I'm so awful, but it's so fun! > . <

Lets be friends! :>

Cons I attend:

Anime Wasabi
AX
NDK

Costumes in circulation:

Taichi Yagami (Digimon Season 1)-100% Arietta the Wild (Tales of the Abyss)-100% Ness (SSBB)-100% Ritsuka (Loveless)-100% Peppita Rosetti (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)-100% Zelos Wilder (Tales of Symphonia)-100% The Smoker (Left 4 Dead)-100% Bankotsu (Inuyasha)-100% Sherlock Holmes-100% Fledge(Zelda-Skyward sword)- 100%

Last edited by craxy-nights : 04-28-2009 at 11:21 PM.
craxy-nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 06:07 PM   #214
OmegaJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by craxy-nights View Post
Hey everyone! How you guys doing?

So, I'm gonna cosplay Left 4 Dead, and I'm aiming for the smoker. (Hello akward crossplay?) I have the green overshirt and some man pants I'm scuffing up and grunging out, and for the face thing I'm doing a phantom of the opera like mask with the stuff glued to it. As for the tounge, I'm not sure yet. I'm avioding anything expensive or hard to obtain because I'm just a poor college kid. Ha ha, yeah, and there's the tiny problem of me being 5'2" . . . Anyways, once it comes together more I'll be sure to post pictures!

Omegajoe: Holy wow, you're going to have a challenge! Uhhh, I've got nothing helpful right now, but good luck and power to ya'!

Bwentali: Nice Francis, lovin' the tattoos, you pull it together quite nicely!

Arcanecani: Awesome Louis, all the props blew me away. (Your Regal is bomb too, I admit, I fangasm'd when I saw it.)

Oh, and can I just say, 3 minutes and 30 seconds on survivor mode with 3 bots? Insane. I'm so awful, but it's so fun! > . <
Why thank you! I think I got a good idea of how I got to do it too. All I need is to take the measurments, materials, and funcunallity (like how the heck I'm gonna get in and out of it!). But yeah its going to be a big project... with that I can say I'll be the first person every to cosplay a tank!
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:31 PM   #215
NinjaSquirrel
The Ninja Squirrel

Craxy: OMG actually 3mins and 30secs is pretty good with bots cause bots always gets in the way to me. unless your playing xbox cause im a PC player. 16:52 is my longest time lol but! i wanna thank you so much cause you've given me the idea of how to make the smoker! THANK YOU IM ETERNALY GRATEFUL!!! I shall be your slave... lol im jk kinda >.> but thank you so much for the idea of the smoker. cause we got a group going on thats going to be shown at sacanime this summer and yes the tongue is the most troubling prop D: and im 5'2 too! XD college kid also. freshmen.. >.>

Omega: I'll be putting my opinions and ideas of the tank at your thread lol since theres like insanely alot of posts here which confuse the heck out of me sometimes XP lol but i wish you the best of luck as the tank! i really cant wait to see the pictures and if L4D is still known in the future (it shall be!) i will try to become the tank...maybe.. lol it feels expensive just thinking about it >.<
NinjaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 10:51 PM   #216
Bwentali

@crazy: Thanks for the compliment...Wait...I hate compliments...

@Omega: I have no idea how to do this...but I have an idea...

Have you ever seen the league of extraordinary Gentlemen? The character artist created prostetic arms for the Edward Hyde character and gave a small walkthrough on the crafting process in a FX behind-the-scenes kinda thing. If I remember correct, it was a foam positive with all details carved in, then casted in a negative mold, then create a skin from the mold. Finally the interior was a larger tin-style mechanical claw to move the hands...or something like that I forget.
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 11:45 PM   #217
craxy-nights
AJ

ninjasuirrel: 16:52?!?!?!?! I am in awe. lol. Actually, aposition of my slave has just opened up, so you're in luck! 8D And I'm glad I could help!

Bwentali: Don't hate the compliment! Take it. Embrace it. Put it in your pocket and carry it around for a while.

Also, for the smoker's tounge, I'm going to try maybe making it out of cloth, and slathering it with paint, see how that works out. Maybe put a little weight in the end so it swings better. . . . hmmm . . .

Lets be friends! :>

Cons I attend:

Anime Wasabi
AX
NDK

Costumes in circulation:

Taichi Yagami (Digimon Season 1)-100% Arietta the Wild (Tales of the Abyss)-100% Ness (SSBB)-100% Ritsuka (Loveless)-100% Peppita Rosetti (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)-100% Zelos Wilder (Tales of Symphonia)-100% The Smoker (Left 4 Dead)-100% Bankotsu (Inuyasha)-100% Sherlock Holmes-100% Fledge(Zelda-Skyward sword)- 100%
craxy-nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #218
OmegaJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentali View Post
@crazy: Thanks for the compliment...Wait...I hate compliments...

@Omega: I have no idea how to do this...but I have an idea...

Have you ever seen the league of extraordinary Gentlemen? The character artist created prostetic arms for the Edward Hyde character and gave a small walkthrough on the crafting process in a FX behind-the-scenes kinda thing. If I remember correct, it was a foam positive with all details carved in, then casted in a negative mold, then create a skin from the mold. Finally the interior was a larger tin-style mechanical claw to move the hands...or something like that I forget.
Hmmmm now that i think on it. There are some semblances of between the tank and Hyde.... will defintally have to look! But actually i dont think I will be able to get finger movement I want this cosplay to be really good. but it seems something like that be a lot more time and money then I got XD. but yeah Im going with foam. Cheap and easy to move around in. my only major concern is how am I gonna get in and out of the thing?
Unread 05-01-2009, 05:41 PM   #219
OmegaJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSquirrel View Post
Craxy: OMG actually 3mins and 30secs is pretty good with bots cause bots always gets in the way to me. unless your playing xbox cause im a PC player. 16:52 is my longest time lol but! i wanna thank you so much cause you've given me the idea of how to make the smoker! THANK YOU IM ETERNALY GRATEFUL!!! I shall be your slave... lol im jk kinda >.> but thank you so much for the idea of the smoker. cause we got a group going on thats going to be shown at sacanime this summer and yes the tongue is the most troubling prop D: and im 5'2 too! XD college kid also. freshmen.. >.>

Omega: I'll be putting my opinions and ideas of the tank at your thread lol since theres like insanely alot of posts here which confuse the heck out of me sometimes XP lol but i wish you the best of luck as the tank! i really cant wait to see the pictures and if L4D is still known in the future (it shall be!) i will try to become the tank...maybe.. lol it feels expensive just thinking about it >.<
I shall let you know and post step on step intrustions of what to do and make a pricing range of what I spent... once I get started on it. XD Last thing I want is for my all time Lazyness to kick in.
Unread 05-02-2009, 11:28 PM   #220
NinjaSquirrel
The Ninja Squirrel

@craxy: w00t! i am now a slave! lol XD im jk kinda XD but yea the tongue is really something to puzzle. what about attatching it to the mouth? should we do kind of an illusion by painting some of the top (where it should be at the mouth) the same color as the skin then taping it right below the nose area of the mask? sounds kinda interesting lol but in someways work kinda so the cosplayer can still "talk" with the tongue.
NinjaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #221
BioHazardKyo
Throws Up Rainbows

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaJoe View Post
Hmmmm now that i think on it. There are some semblances of between the tank and Hyde.... will defintally have to look! But actually i dont think I will be able to get finger movement I want this cosplay to be really good. but it seems something like that be a lot more time and money then I got XD. but yeah Im going with foam. Cheap and easy to move around in. my only major concern is how am I gonna get in and out of the thing?
not only that but also think about all the heat it may build up from all the walking and moving plus the people around you

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesour_17 View Post
Hey fellow survivors Hunter here (yeah I know it's easy, but it's really not, its a workout to stay in character) but who else is going to A-kon? We need Left 4 Dead shenanigans!
oh and yes ill also be going to A-kon as a hunter on saturday

Last edited by BioHazardKyo : 05-03-2009 at 01:32 AM.
BioHazardKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 06:44 PM   #222
Kamama
Crystal Fish

Witch for Anime Boston here! =D Can't wait for it, man!

Just need matching beige underwear and tank top. Shred the tank top, wear two layers of underwear, make the claws, and splatter fake blood and black paint and I'll be good!! ^_^
Unread 05-03-2009, 07:25 PM   #223
CDF_Vagabond

Allow me to be of help for helmets and other body armor there is a very cheap way to go about it I have been using a material called FR-7100 which it comes in blocks as well as sheets, you can get it from www.generalplastics.com for a good price depending on what you are wanting to make, right now I am making a Warhammer Space Marine using the stuff.
CDF_Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 08:30 PM   #224
Bwentali

um...is that an ad?

I think you might of posted a post in another forum. Our characters don't use armor...

...Awkward...
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2009, 08:58 PM   #225
CDF_Vagabond

Well it will work for the characters helmet that I've seen in a magizine for the game, I did'nt know if they used armor or not.
CDF_Vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote