Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 161 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 06-28-2009, 03:54 PM   #331
ArcaneKani

Bastille: That looks absolutely amazing! I wish I could have gone. Unfortunately some last minute circumstances prevented my trip. Do you guys have any plans on going to AFO?

Unread 06-28-2009, 11:20 PM   #332
Bastille

I have no idea. We'll see though.
Bastille is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 02:15 AM   #333
lostsummoner
random person #27

Yay for l4d?

I've played ... Okay, I'm not sure what part it was, but it had the subway in it [[it's been a few months, and we were at A&G Ohio ... ]] And I've been watching the game play videos to see if I can actually handle playing it more than what I did at the con ... [[long boring story, not going there]] but.

I want to cosplay the Witch. Because it looks like a really fun thing to do. [[My niece already agreed to be my Zoey, although she keeps joking about being Francis [[so she can sing his 'hates everything' song via youtube...]]

Yea. Can you imagine a scrawny 10 year old blonde girl going as a big, burly biker dude?

We hope to be able to go to Sugoicon, but it all depends on money and everything, of course.

I want your opinions though. I'm a bit ... fluffy, and therefore can't really pull off the skimpy clothing of the Witch. Do you think the effect will still be there if I make the tank top and panties longer? [[still be worn and beaten down, just .... longer ...]] I'm not boomer size by any means [[sorry, bad joke]] but I'm not a twig either.

I'm working on a prototype to using some kind of goggles to put little lights on it, just for photoshoot purposes, as I don't think I'll actually be able to SEE out of them. [[have glasses, meh]], and as its summer now, I can get the goggles cheap to mess with as I need!

Any ideas on the lights though? I thought battery packs for those battery operated candles ....

Back burner: Anima [FFX] 0% (figuring out HOW to make it ...)
Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lostsummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 12:55 AM   #334
crAziemutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsummoner View Post
I'm working on a prototype to using some kind of goggles to put little lights on it, just for photoshoot purposes, as I don't think I'll actually be able to SEE out of them. [[have glasses, meh]], and as its summer now, I can get the goggles cheap to mess with as I need!

Any ideas on the lights though? I thought battery packs for those battery operated candles ....
Isn't usual procedure just wire up some LEDs to a battery?

Oh, and about the costume adjustment. I think as long as you keep the clothes white, the hair white, and the nails long, people will know who you are. As long as you remember to cry your heart out.
crAziemutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2009, 01:03 PM   #335
Bwentali

@lost: lets start from the beginning, shall we?

I think having a lil' girl do francis would be...Hilarious! you guys would probably get a ton of photos if you pull off the look just right. I'm thinkin' a bald cap and makeup with some graffiti on the arms and a black vest should get the look there. Get her some jeans and a water pistol and she should be good.

Now, on to the witch.

First off, I have known only one woman personally that could pull off a real witch. Lemme be frank, she almost looks like a twig with hair. By contrast all the ladies that have done witches before are inaccurate, so you being fluffy or having longer panties should have NO factor in terms of accuracy in comparison.

Hell, I went through a con as "Fat Francis" and that didn't bother me none at all. People knew I was francis, that's all that mattered. Get as close as you can and have fun!

Lastly, glowing eyes is something I have not seen on a witch as of yet. It seems just a little too hard to implement though, cause it wouldn't look natural. I think the most natural thing would be a pair of those tanning glasses people wear, painted and with red LEDs inserted. You definably won't be able to see, so don't bother with that...could do a glow-in-the-dark contact I guess...no, probably not.
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #336
crAziemutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentali View Post
Hell, I went through a con as "Fat Francis" and that didn't bother me none at all. People knew I was francis, that's all that mattered. Get as close as you can and have fun!

Lastly, glowing eyes is something I have not seen on a witch as of yet. It seems just a little too hard to implement though, cause it wouldn't look natural. I think the most natural thing would be a pair of those tanning glasses people wear, painted and with red LEDs inserted. You definably won't be able to see, so don't bother with that...could do a glow-in-the-dark contact I guess...no, probably not.
If that was your "fat francis" in your avatar, then I wouldn't say it was fat.

Anyway, about the LEDs for eyes, remember it's not necessary to place directly in front of your eyes. I've seen Halloween masks with LEDs for eyes and they place them directly above the eye holes. So there IS a way to make it look like your eyes with out being in front of your eyes, of course, you'll be able to see them the whole time. Now about how to put them above your eyes...maybe wire them and then use make up to hide the wires? It doesn't take too much to power LEDs, does it? Just have a battery hidden somewhere else. Like behind your head but under your hair. So you'll be using those little flat batteries, attached somehow to the back of your neck, under your hair. there will be small wires coming up behind your ears, to the top of your eye lids. Then make up over the wires. In my head, this sounds like it'll work. But I probably don't know the possible difficulties due to lack of experience.
crAziemutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:33 AM   #337
Bwentali

@cr: You will be amazed how much weight you can shave off a frame when you take it in the right angle. By contrast, here is a shot where I didn't stage it well.

http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x...Francis019.jpg

my front is fine, the back...well I gotta lotta junk in the trunk...
Unread 07-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #338
bluerob

I finished my Tank cosplay. I will be wearing it around and causing havok at Comic-Con.

I posted some teaser images for show, but won't be posting good photos online until I debut it at comic-con.

Check it out
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/234412/

I hope to see some good L4D cosplay at Comic-Con!
Unread 07-08-2009, 04:58 AM   #339
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerob View Post
I finished my Tank cosplay. I will be wearing it around and causing havok at Comic-Con.

I posted some teaser images for show, but won't be posting good photos online until I debut it at comic-con.

Check it out

TANK SMASH!!!... Can you come to the east coast:-P
Oh man can't wait to see the TANKKK! (music plays)

Will you have a portable speaker playing tank music? :-P

Nice man it is great to see the tank at a L4D cosplay.

Your arms better be flying and smashing :-P

Last edited by balisong-cabbie : 07-08-2009 at 05:00 AM.
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2009, 10:49 AM   #340
bluerob

Actually, yes I do have speakers in my costume. The speakers are in the shoulders and the wire runs down to my arms so I can just switch from the Tank Theme or Never Gonna Give You Up anytime I want on my iPod Nano.

I also found it fitting to put "Get Back" by Ludacris and Run (I'm a Natural Disaster) by Gnarls Barkley.

I actually live on the east cost in Florida. I try to goto any con in FL such as Metro Con, Megacon, ect.... especially come 2010. Going to try and put the most miles as I can into this costume after all the work I put into it. Especially since there are so many other L4D cosplayers I can meet up with.
Unread 07-08-2009, 04:03 PM   #341
SvK

Oh, that Tank theme. I thought I had wandered into the Cowboy Bebop thread for a moment.
SvK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #342
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

after waiting for four weeks for my aid kit to arrive I was like so excited that it finally came.

When I opened the package I looked and ..... Well I'm ticked and pissed off/WTF'ing! The order that I got my first aid kit from is a total different look.
I contacted the seller and he made a mistake in not telling me that the manufacturer changed the design, and hopefully they would change the pic on there website.

Being that the con is next week I'm going to have to mod this aid kit.

I'm still going to have to find the original.
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 10:53 AM   #343
craxy-nights
AJ

Hey everyone! i just got back from Anime Expo, had a blast there! Our Left 4 Dead mini group went quite well!

Here's all of us:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2121154/

[We found it ironic that the one guy in the group dressed up as the one girl in L4D. Well, besides the witch of course.]

Here's me in my basically finished smoker costume:

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2121148/

@ bluerob: You're officially my freakin hero. Marry me? lol

I wish we could have stayed a week more in Cali and went to Comic con. I would have seen you and shit brix.

Lets be friends! :>

Cons I attend:

Anime Wasabi
AX
NDK

Costumes in circulation:

Taichi Yagami (Digimon Season 1)-100% Arietta the Wild (Tales of the Abyss)-100% Ness (SSBB)-100% Ritsuka (Loveless)-100% Peppita Rosetti (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time)-100% Zelos Wilder (Tales of Symphonia)-100% The Smoker (Left 4 Dead)-100% Bankotsu (Inuyasha)-100% Sherlock Holmes-100% Fledge(Zelda-Skyward sword)- 100%
craxy-nights is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #344
Bwentali

@craxy: I think your smoker was Spot-On! One of the best I have ever seen on here! Good work on that.

team was okay, jacket on zack was wrong and francine needs tats. hunter was good and witch needed to rough up the tank a lil more, but all-in-all not a bad group at all.

@balisong: only a few retailers overseas have the old design left. TBH it might be cheaper to commission someone to make you one. Fabric might be off but its better than having to pay 40-60 (not including shipping) for a almost accurate prop.
Unread 07-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #345
caineyamiyasha
Riku Winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluerob View Post

Check it out

This is awesome.

I so wish that I was going to Comic con now.

Cant wait to see pictures after the con. Good Job! First Tank cosplay I have ever seen.
caineyamiyasha is offline   Reply With Quote