Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 161 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 08-09-2009, 10:39 PM   #376
Mastrpuppt

You know I havent? lol I guess I figured to come here first to see if other zombie cosplayers had any tips...I'll drop a post there too I think. But please dont let that stop anyone from helping me still with the whole zombie skin tone lol
Mastrpuppt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-10-2009, 01:04 PM   #377
XxInusgirlxX
Registered Arancar

lol about the whole duct tape thing >.< i believe it looks a bit cheesy myself. i saw quite a few hunters at fanime and many of them wore duct tape but medical gauze gives more the right effect. i rolled mine in dirts and used crystal light for blood then dusted grey makeup on top of it. came out alright >.< made it an hour before the con beacuse my other costumes couldnt be shiped (there was a storm)
heres soe refrence my hoodies way to clean so are my pants but i dont think im going to cosplay as one anytime soon
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2200505/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2200504/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2200502/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2200491/
XxInusgirlxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #378
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

I've been toying with the idea of get a group to cosplay a swarm of normal infected. show up to a photo shoot and rush in.

dose anyone have any ideas on were I can get good shots of most of the normal infected?

right now my idea is to get hospital scrubs, the white shirt black tie, miltarry fatiges. what other clothing should I collected to make my hord.
Unread 08-11-2009, 01:21 AM   #379
NinjaSquirrel
The Ninja Squirrel

@Papercosplay: Actually whats a good way for you to be able to observe the zombies, the normal ones, is if you have the game, in either PC or Xbox, there is a feature, in the game, called Author Commentary, or something along the lines of it. The common infecteds won't see you, or bother you, but they will be shot and start attacking if your bots start to notice them. But other than that, you get about a good 5 seconds to look at each common infected pretty well, and get the general idea of it.

Most of them just have common tshirts, no logos, pale skin, blood all over the place, bad teeth, white/milkish eyes, some even have closed eyes, and blood everywhere lol. They're pretty much average people who just became zombies, and weren't lucky enough to be the special ones.

@Mastr: Some person stated earlier in this forum that art charcoal works, and since I just recently worked in an Art class all summer, working with charcoal, they really do stay on your skin. White and black charcoal. Both can be used to make a grey, and they are really messy to work with so using it on your skin will work for a dirty pale look, and they really do stay on your skin, even with water, it'll be faded but still there. Just be sure your not allergic to it. They're also pretty easy to obtain too, just go to your closest arts and crafts store and buy the 4 stick pack. Probably under 5$.

Future Cons:
-Tekkoshocon '10
-SacAnime Summer '10
NinjaSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2009, 12:29 PM   #380
Bwentali

@papercosplay: If you play the infected tones and rush music while doing it, I will so be your best friend forever!

Wait, outta character...I hate vampires!

Anyway, I think I have done all I could do with francis. It's pretty cool all-in-all to walk around like a biker all day, but with Left4Dead2 coming out it's beginning to look like its time to hang up the leather jacket...

...Shame too, cause francis is so fun to walk around as. Walk around, elbow people for no reason. But not all is lost I guess, if francis ends up rolling in with his size 12s then I will keep em in the rotation.

as for the rest of ya, Hunters use duct tape cause they are suppose to emulate freestyle street acrobats, witches do have elonaged fingers, which ghoul gloves emulate pretty well (and won't leave you unable to pick things up), The guy in the tank outfit is the man, and once I see a good boomer (which I WILL take up if I don't see one soon) then everything will be awsome!
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 09:30 AM   #381
Bwentali

...and I refuse to let this die. Posted pics from connecticon and will soon post pics of otakon (if I can find em)

I hate thread revival...
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #382
MajinCrystalia
Tactical Horror Espionage

Supposedly doing some infected with a few friends at AUSA....though I would still prefer to do original design Bill. Someone do original Louis! He was a BAMF.

-=Foxhound=-
"we do it for the lulz"
MajinCrystalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 02:07 AM   #383
ArcaneKani

Bwentali: This thread keeps trying to die on us! And why would you stop cosplaying Francis when L4D2 drops? I sure as hell will continue to cosplay Louis until I exhaust the fun from it. *lol*

Paper Cosplay: That sounds like a rad idea. Best bet for screen shots of the common infected would be to have someone that owns it on the PC take some screen caps for you. Where would you be doing this, anyway?

Mastrpuppt: Any luck so far? I'll definitely keep an eye out if I stumble across anything that might seem helpful.

MajinCrystalia: I like the original Bill design a lot more than his final one in all honesty. I'm still in the process of doing the original Louis! I haven't touched what I have in a while because I tend to get side tracked with other projects. I'll be sure to finish it soon.

XxInusgirlxX: Yeah, I think the ratty medical guaze looks best. Good job!
Unread 08-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #384
MajinCrystalia
Tactical Horror Espionage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneKani View Post
Bwentali: This thread keeps trying to die on us! And why would you stop cosplaying Francis when L4D2 drops? I sure as hell will continue to cosplay Louis until I exhaust the fun from it. *lol*

Paper Cosplay: That sounds like a rad idea. Best bet for screen shots of the common infected would be to have someone that owns it on the PC take some screen caps for you. Where would you be doing this, anyway?

Mastrpuppt: Any luck so far? I'll definitely keep an eye out if I stumble across anything that might seem helpful.

MajinCrystalia: I like the original Bill design a lot more than his final one in all honesty. I'm still in the process of doing the original Louis! I haven't touched what I have in a while because I tend to get side tracked with other projects. I'll be sure to finish it soon.

XxInusgirlxX: Yeah, I think the ratty medical guaze looks best. Good job!

Complete with Afro? Yes plz!

-=Foxhound=-
"we do it for the lulz"
MajinCrystalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #385
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

This game can be a drug..really!

I was thinking of cosplaying as Zoey, but the issue in my mind was...I would just look so normal, people might have no idea that I was cosplaying as anything.

I am starting to lean towards cosplaying the witch.

I HATE contacts, so I might just look up some glow in the dark paint, paint it on my eyelids so at night or in a very dark place so if I close my eyes they will glow!
I like the witch; only zombie I have a love/ hate towards when playing L4D.

Does anyone know if there will be a L4D cosplay meet for next year's comic con?
I know it's too early, but I am jw! ^.^

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 03:20 PM   #386
Demon Doll
*~Blessed Be~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentali View Post
@lost:

Now, on to the witch.

First off, I have known only one woman personally that could pull off a real witch. Lemme be frank, she almost looks like a twig with hair. By contrast all the ladies that have done witches before are inaccurate, so you being fluffy or having longer panties should have NO factor in terms of accuracy in comparison.

Lastly, glowing eyes is something I have not seen on a witch as of yet. It seems just a little too hard to implement though, cause it wouldn't look natural. I think the most natural thing would be a pair of those tanning glasses people wear, painted and with red LEDs inserted. You definably won't be able to see, so don't bother with that...could do a glow-in-the-dark contact I guess...no, probably not.
I saw a picture of a woman cosplaying a witch. She made a mask like top just around her eyes to her cheeks and put LED lights in the eyes.

I am not a twig, nor I will ever be. I am happy with having curves and boobs!
I want to cosplay a witch for the love of the game.

Costumes working on: American Dream & Dust <3

Cons
Comikaze Sat. only. Bethany Cabe(from iron man comics) and later in the day Dust(from x-men comics)(< Dropped due to unrest in the middle east)
Nuke the fridge con American Dream(if finished) Dust(if AD isn't finished)
Long Beach Comic Con (Maybe)
Cosplay FB page
Demon Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2009, 04:31 PM   #387
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post
This game can be a drug..really!

I was thinking of cosplaying as Zoey, but the issue in my mind was...I would just look so normal, people might have no idea that I was cosplaying as anything.

I HATE contacts, so I might just look up some glow in the dark paint, paint it on my eyelids so at night or in a very dark place so if I close my eyes they will glow!

Your cosplay as Zoey will not be so plain when you add a first aid kit, weapon of choice, and pills as props.

I think L4d is going to around for awhile and in every con.
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 08:17 AM   #388
CHOCOLAT3 disco
I EAT CHILDREN. OM NOM :O

I plan on being Ellis from L4D2 at the next con after it comes out ~
So I've finished my base drawing for the tow truck on his hat. After I just need to get it screen printed on and that's, like, the hardest part of the costume.
=3
I can't wait to see everyone else's L4D cosplays ! ^ o ^
CHOCOLAT3 disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 09:07 PM   #389
paper cosplay
going 2D in a 3D artform

I forgot that I did have a photo of my first attempt at normal infected. I had a white dress shirt and black tie for different costume so I posed for one photo with a smoker and hunter. when I finish this idea there will be blood and grayed skin think of this as a test of concept
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2020177/
Unread 08-18-2009, 01:10 AM   #390
Neshama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Doll View Post

I had two freinds be Zoey at Anime Expo this year and all they really had was the pink jacket and a ponytail and some fake blood like they got attacked. They both got recognized immeadiatly!!!! And i funny part was that one of them was a guy, so if they could recognized him as a zoey crosplayer i think you'll be fine

And yeah, i was suprised with how big left for dead is, but there will most likley be a gathering at every con for a while as long as someone takes the initiative to organize it.

god i love this game. I'm super pumped for the second!