Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 149 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 11-30-2009, 06:56 AM   #511
Bwentali

With the release of L4D2 it has me contemplating a new cosplay for next years con scene. Although I do like the Francis that I have done, someone has undone me on the site (and even I admit it's a awesome francis). it has me looking into "another" outfit, something that would be appropriate for my frame yet still based in game that could survive another expansion when it comes...

...that being said, I think I am going to attempt a boomer suit...

Some aspects of the outfit seem pretty simple, with the clothing being plain and all. The only question that remains is where I might be able to pick up a large amount of latex to make a skin-like complexion to the bulbous belly and face palpitations. Surprisingly though, I have a rough idea for the rest of the outfit but that one piece has me hung up (kinda like francis)

Any help would be nice, and progress pics will be forthcoming when I get progress done
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #512
Rikkizilla

I'm contemplating doing an Ellis cosplay for SakuraCon this year, and I was wondering, does anyone have a good reference of the Bull Shifters logo-thing?

Also about the adrenaline, it looks a lot like an epipen to me...
Hsien-ko - Darkstalkers

Last edited by Rikkizilla : 12-01-2009 at 02:19 PM.
Rikkizilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 02:55 PM   #513
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkizilla View Post
I'm contemplating doing an Ellis cosplay for SakuraCon this year, and I was wondering, does anyone have a good reference of the Bull Shifters logo-thing?

Also about the adrenaline, it looks a lot like an epipen to me...
you can buy the shirt at the valve store. as for shot... got me.
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #514
XBaNaNaX
XBaNaNaX

i had some friends do an entire group from left4dead at acen last year and no one knew who they were!!! wtf!!! anyway good ideas would be to find friends to go as a witch and a hunter to go with the group. that would make some fantastic photos at a con
XBaNaNaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 02:16 PM   #515
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker

Welp. I'm trying to make me some Bile.

I know how to do the liquid. The Jar is just eluding me. I found what the real label was based off of:
http://www.iupui.edu/~resgrad/spon/i...Level-sign.jpg
L4D2:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/le...bomb_label.png

But what kind of clasp jar that is is just bugging me. Because we've all seen that their weapons and props are real, or based off of real items...
Leon_Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #516
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Redfield View Post
Welp. I'm trying to make me some Bile.

I know how to do the liquid. The Jar is just eluding me. I found what the real label was based off of:
http://www.iupui.edu/~resgrad/spon/i...Level-sign.jpg
L4D2:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/le...bomb_label.png

But what kind of clasp jar that is is just bugging me. Because we've all seen that their weapons and props are real, or based off of real items...
Nice label find. For the liquid remember those ooze like slime like of nickelodeon, if ya can find that at a local toy store then your in buisness.

As for the jar itself heres a close up:
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/le...omb-bggrey.jpg

Gonna have to look at what I can find and I know I seen that type of design before....
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 03:13 AM   #517
Hurrazinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwentali View Post
Some aspects of the outfit seem pretty simple, with the clothing being plain and all. The only question that remains is where I might be able to pick up a large amount of latex to make a skin-like complexion to the bulbous belly and face palpitations. Surprisingly though, I have a rough idea for the rest of the outfit but that one piece has me hung up (kinda like francis)
Great to see you back for v2.0 of this thread! I thought your Francis was spectacular Sadly, I'll be hanging up my Zoey costume until "L4D3:The Original Cast Returns" comes out.

I've always had this idea that I wanted to share with anyone who had plans to do a proper boomer costume with latex. I was thinking someone could utilize the same technique as used in creating chocolate forms over balloons. Basically you dip a balloon filled to the volume you want in chocolate, or brush it on, (in this case some liquid latex obviously) and after it dries you let the air out of the balloon and voila! instant icky boomer bumps!

It sounds great in theory, but I've never worked with latex, so I don't know how practical it would really be. But I wish you luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Hurrazinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2009, 11:39 PM   #518
CHOCOLAT3 disco
I EAT CHILDREN. OM NOM :O

Yay! My Ellis hat came in and I finally put the truck on it! Tell me what you guys think!

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._6659807_n.jpg

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/s...x/DSC01074.jpg

Excuse the phail camera, please. :3
I actually took these pictures with a DSi.
CHOCOLAT3 disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2009, 08:37 PM   #519
TheKid
Costumed Gamer

thats freaking awesome! better than the one being sold at the valve store! Im having a hard time trying to find a blue jumpsuit for my Ellis costume. Im also doubling it for a vault jumpsuit.
TheKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #520
DeadlySerenade
is in the Borderlands

I'm doing an Ellis cosplay, and I ended up buying some gray Dickies coveralls off of Amazon. Unfortunately, the only shade of blue I can find coveralls in is a navy blue, which is so not right. I did find some actual DENIM coveralls on Ebay, but I'm going to be honest - they looked really weird, particularly the patterns on the fabric. So I'm settling with gray, but if I want to go that extra mile, it's not that hard to dip them in some diluted blue fabric dye to give them a faux denim-blue look, I suppose.

Also, I second the question about finding a jar with a similar clasp to the one used for the Bile Bomb. I'm doing a Bile Bomb as well, though I'm not going for accuracy with the slime - I had the retarded idea to fill it with, like, Mountain Dew or Monster energy drink or something. lol.
Xian Mei [Dead Island]
DeadlySerenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #521
lostsummoner
random person #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySerenade View Post

Also, I second the question about finding a jar with a similar clasp to the one used for the Bile Bomb. I'm doing a Bile Bomb as well, though I'm not going for accuracy with the slime - I had the retarded idea to fill it with, like, Mountain Dew or Monster energy drink or something. lol.
Then if you make it right to where you can open it up at random, you can freak people out by drinking it

Back burner: Anima [FFX] 0% (figuring out HOW to make it ...)
Feel free to IM me about random crap, just be sure to tell me where you know me from
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
lostsummoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 11:28 PM   #522
DeadlySerenade
is in the Borderlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsummoner View Post
Then if you make it right to where you can open it up at random, you can freak people out by drinking it
Exactly.
Xian Mei [Dead Island]
Unread 12-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #523
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker

Green Kool Aid.
http://www.x-entertainment.com/kool-...iwi-lime/2.jpg
Leon_Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #524
DeadlySerenade
is in the Borderlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Redfield View Post
Yes. You are a genius.
Xian Mei [Dead Island]
Unread 12-12-2009, 03:03 AM   #525
ArcaneKani

Bwentali: Personally, I think you shouldn't hang up Francis. As for the Boomer? I can't offer much help just yet, though Hurrazinator definitely sounds like she's on to something with that. Even though Valve shunned the original cast I still plan on running with Louis until I get tired of him!

As for the Bile Bomb: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2375120/ That's what I constructed in about a day of work. I used a bottle of Voss water (The plastic bottle) as the base, cut toothpicks to size for the ridges on the cap, used a dremel to cut away the holes for the cotter pin (I might need to get a smaller one, as the larger ones are a bitch to bend), made the red clip and the metal part out of cardboard, and I used the label that was provided here (Thanks Leon Redfield). For the contents I used Lemon-Lime Gatorade with a bit of lemon-lime kool-aid. I might redo the liquid to emulate more of a slimy texture. I would suggest using the bottle of Voss because even though the cap is modified to hell it has a crap load of room to work with, so it still functions as a regular bottle for all your con thirst needs.

Now, all I need to do is figure out a starting point for that Epi Pen!

Last edited by ArcaneKani : 12-12-2009 at 03:06 AM.
ArcaneKani is offline   Reply With Quote