Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 149 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 01-13-2009, 02:44 AM   #46
Ripperblue

Exclamation yo

I play l4d wayyy to much for the PC, most people rage quit any who.

Confirmed for Megacon 09: group of hunters me and like 3-4 (or more) of my friends.

Maybe:
1 smoker( could be more )
1 boomer( just one )
zoey ( my GF )
I live like 10mins away from the center so most of us are gonna get set up at my house. Not to sure on sounds but personally looking into it. Oh and, there will be lots of blood.
Ripperblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-13-2009, 03:21 AM   #47
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded Woman View Post
Also, I bought my shoes for Zoey a few days ago. I've been scouting thrift stores for a jacket to modify but have failed, so I think I'll just have to end up making it. All the same, I'm excited.
Wish I was going to MegaCon to see your Zoey, but I'll be at WonderCon that same weekend. But maybe if you bring her to Otakon if there's a L4D gathering.

EBK: "How's your costume coming along, HW?"
HW: "Almost there! Almost therrrrrre!"

I've been playing the game a lot and wish I could cosplay from the game, but there are no Asian characters in it.. Although you can't tell what the guy at the end of Stage 3 of "Death Toll" in the Church looks like (he turns into an infected) but that'd be funny if someone cosplayed as him and had a tiny bell as a prop.

"Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Dinner's served! Come and get it!"
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Eurobeat King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-13-2009, 06:04 PM   #48
Hooded Woman
Coffee abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
Wish I was going to MegaCon to see your Zoey, but I'll be at WonderCon that same weekend. But maybe if you bring her to Otakon if there's a L4D gathering.

EBK: "How's your costume coming along, HW?"
HW: "Almost there! Almost therrrrrre!"

I've been playing the game a lot and wish I could cosplay from the game, but there are no Asian characters in it.. Although you can't tell what the guy at the end of Stage 3 of "Death Toll" in the Church looks like (he turns into an infected) but that'd be funny if someone cosplayed as him and had a tiny bell as a prop.

"Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Dinner's served! Come and get it!"
I'm quite excited to get everything finished.

ArcaneKani:
Yes boya, you have to let me know. I've been working hard to get things together a little faster than I first planned so we can do this together.

Also, I'm more than willing to help sew patches and other such items to make these costumes come together!

Currently Crafting:
Caitlyn- League of Legends/ 40% Finished

Currently Planning to attend:
Dragon*Con 2012
Hooded Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 12:37 AM   #49
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooded Woman View Post
I'm quite excited to get everything finished.
I wonder if you can get Zoey done in-time for Katsucon so i can get some pictures of you. It's just 2 weeks before MegaCon and i know you can do it.

Wish i could go to MC but WC is easier for me, plus Lionel is bringing his Bumblebee costume there so i have to help him out with that.
"This is your job. You want a clear conscience, go start a charity. But if you want your own photography business, and your cosplayer boss says you gotta go out there and take a photo-shoot, go out there, take it, come back to work, and say "DO YOU NEED ME TO DO IT AGAIN?!!"
Unread 01-14-2009, 01:12 AM   #50
ArcaneKani

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripperblue View Post
I play l4d wayyy to much for the PC, most people rage quit any who.

Confirmed for Megacon 09: group of hunters me and like 3-4 (or more) of my friends.

Maybe:
1 smoker( could be more )
1 boomer( just one )
zoey ( my GF )
I live like 10mins away from the center so most of us are gonna get set up at my house. Not to sure on sounds but personally looking into it. Oh and, there will be lots of blood.
Megacon? Awesome! What day are you guys planning on doing it? If I'm able to go, I'll be doing it Saturday.

Eurobeat King: Haha. That would be amazing if someone rang a bell and a bunch of zombie cosplayers came running from out of nowhere.

Hooded Woman: Yeah? You know I appreciate that, girl. I dunno if you got my message earlier, but I got the 2 med packs today: http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=zipxzr&s=5 I stuffed that one to give it some volume. I figure all it would need would be the patches and maybe the 2 pouches on the side if you want to get fancy. The logo can be covered by a black strip of fabric, like it is in the game. Whenever you're free to get together let me know!

Last edited by ArcaneKani : 01-14-2009 at 01:23 AM.
ArcaneKani is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #51
Eurobeat King
Justified Photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcaneKani View Post
Eurobeat King: Haha. That would be amazing if someone rang a bell and a bunch of zombie cosplayers came running from out of nowhere.
i hope you get a pic of a bunch of zombies surrounding your awesome-looking pipe-bomb for one pic, and the next picture have them all lying on the ground dead! (since they can't be shown in pieces.. haha)
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #52
balisong-cabbie
Louis and those peelz....

Quote:
UPDATE: I'm more or less finished with the prototype pipe bomb! There are a few cosmetic details to add to it plus weathering, but it's pretty nifty. My friend and I are going to try and figure out a way to make it beep like it does in the game, as well as trying to find a more simplistic approach to the circuit board. Feel free to check the gallery to see it.
Why not use the innards of a alarm clock. or 555 timer method.

I looked at your updated pic on your props. Amazing man.

Also where you at Otakon 2008 if you were, I think I saw you as Hancock on one of those days.

Got my boomer in the works, ordered stuff in mail along with smoker ideas. Keep ya all posted.

Last edited by balisong-cabbie : 01-14-2009 at 10:52 PM.
balisong-cabbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:11 PM   #53
C.Caligo

If there are going to be any Left 4 Dead cosplayers going to AnimeBoston 09, I'll definitely go as a Hunter. Theyrock.
C.Caligo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #54
Bwentali

assuming I don't have finals that week, yeps! plannin on a francis cosplay...just waiting on arcanekani's medpack pictures, that should be a pretty sweet medpack/storage item for food
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #55
Toluca
Eee.... D:

After determining that I'm not in good enough shape to be running around in my underwear as a witch, I'm going to be attempting a Hunter cosplay for Metrocon and Jacon. :3 I'm just trying to decide if I want to get a more fitted sweatshirt that wouldn't be as accurate, or stick to one that's more loose, but will make me look like Chibi!Hunter. =/

My boyfriend will be going as Bill, possibly, so if you happen to see a small Hunter in an oversized sweatshirt hugging up on/following Bill, give me a shout. ;D

Dodrio - Pokemon
Toon Link -The Wind Waker
Toluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #56
Ripperblue

Quote:
Megacon? Awesome! What day are you guys planning on doing it? If I'm able to go, I'll be doing it Saturday.
personally i know im going all the days, i know most of them are going all 3 days.

Last edited by Ripperblue : 01-16-2009 at 02:20 AM.
Ripperblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2009, 11:46 PM   #57
Bwentali

http://www.chiefsupply.com/Apparel%2...ries/TATJACKET

I think I have found my solution to the tattoo problem. yet another problem arises though.

The link above is a blank tattoo sleeve in essence, I can take the tattoo design, apply with ink (very carefully), and put the sleeves on and presto! instant Francis Tattoos!

Problem, the sleeves are only 17' (seventeen inches) so it will only cover the bicep and forearm...Guess francis is going to be wearing a t-shirt!

add temporary tattoos around the neck and beat up a pair of jeans and I should have francis done.

oh, and the leather jacket is a sleeveless classic jacket, going to price tomorrow.
Bwentali is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2009, 01:11 AM   #58
mizuhaki

I'm cosplaying as Zoey to a convention to A-Kon, with my boyfriend as a hunter. If I finish my costume before February, I might wear it to an earlier con. :3
I think I found the perfect Zoey jacket, albeit the price... D; I just need to dye it, sew on the white strips, and it's good to go:
http://store.americanapparel.net/5431w.html#i

ArcaneKani, I think your L4D props look great so far! I'm buying one of those med packs you found online, I can't believe you were able to find almost exact replicas.
Where'd you buy your SMG and pistol? I saw them in one of your pics, I think they look great.

EDIT: Also, any L4D cosplayers in TX?

Last edited by mizuhaki : 01-16-2009 at 10:59 PM.
mizuhaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 03:13 PM   #59
Hooded Woman
Coffee abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurobeat King View Post
I wonder if you can get Zoey done in-time for Katsucon so i can get some pictures of you. It's just 2 weeks before MegaCon and i know you can do it.

Wish i could go to MC but WC is easier for me, plus Lionel is bringing his Bumblebee costume there so i have to help him out with that.
Yeah, I can try but with everything else on my plate for Katsucon I don't think I can have it all done by then. Still, I'll do my best to get it done quick!

Yeah, no you are fine...makes sense! Plus, heck who wouldn't want to help Lionel with his Bumblebee? That's amazing! I'll still get to see you at Katsucon though! ^^

Currently Crafting:
Caitlyn- League of Legends/ 40% Finished

Currently Planning to attend:
Dragon*Con 2012
Hooded Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 10:49 PM   #60
dukeoffl
The Duke Of FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toluca View Post
After determining that I'm not in good enough shape to be running around in my underwear as a witch, I'm going to be attempting a Hunter cosplay for Metrocon and Jacon. :3 I'm just trying to decide if I want to get a more fitted sweatshirt that wouldn't be as accurate, or stick to one that's more loose, but will make me look like Chibi!Hunter. =/

My boyfriend will be going as Bill, possibly, so if you happen to see a small Hunter in an oversized sweatshirt hugging up on/following Bill, give me a shout. ;D

that's so funny. i'm going as bill and my girlfriend is going as a hunter....
oh, wait.....
  3. Snake Plissken and Big Boss are the same person
dukeoffl is offline   Reply With Quote