Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Left 4 Dead

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 84 votes, 4.94 average.
Unread 09-15-2011, 12:00 AM   #1111
LostLittleWitch
Please cut the lights D:

Good luck! And your Bill costume looks amazing too.

Unread 09-15-2011, 09:21 PM   #1112
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

Thanks
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2011, 09:31 PM   #1113
Overbeck
Grabbin' Pills

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSilentAssassin View Post
That does look pretty good. I was going to try some different sizes with either paper or cardboard to see how they look. I'll start with those measurements first. Thanks for your help.
Overbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:45 PM   #1114
XChaotixX
Sane Fangirl

Right now I'm working on my Hunter cosplay I have mostly everything, except, well... the actual outfit. All I really need is the hoodie and the pants, and preferably some claws. But, it's mostly finished besides that ^^;

What sucks is that I still have my braces, which I'm not getting off until early November, and I wanted to wear this costume for Halloween. I'm going to a con in late November though, so I guess I can wait until then to put up pictures of the costume, since a Hunter cosplay probably doesn't go well with braces. But besides that I think I'm fine.

Anyway, does anyone have any tips on cosplaying a Hunter? Like, how to pose and such. I've been playing the game non-stop lately so I have an idea on how to do so, but I'd still like advice from other people as well. Much obliged ^^
XChaotixX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #1115
badsects

Hey guys! I actually first stumbled on this thread sometime in 09 and I'm genuinely surprised (and glad) to see it still going.

I was hoping to get together an Ellis costume for the next MechaCon down here in Louisiana.
I have pretty much everything planned out thanks to tips found in this thread and other places on the nets.

In my prop list I plan to have:
Bile bomb
Pills
Med kit made from scratch
Airsoft pistol
and the suppressed sub machine gun (basically tweaking an airsoft Uzi).

The outfit is what is giving me trouble. First off, I can't seem to find denim coveralls so I may have to settle on either dark gray or navy. Secondly, finding a blue and white hat will be easy, I just need a good image of the tow truck to make a patch to sew onto the hat so if anyone can help me with that, that would be awesome! Another question is about the Bullshifters shirt. Does anyone know if the Valve official shirt has anything besides the "Left 4 Dead 2" logo on the back?

Glitch Gear's shirt (which looks just like Valve's) has a Med Kit printed on the back. I reallyyy want to avoid that.

And for those who made the shirt themselves, how did the iron on paper work? What image did you use?

All help would be greatly appreciated and I'll be sure to post pictures as i progress!
badsects is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #1116
Resident-chick
They canceled Ugly Betty

I don't know if you guys have DELT with this before-and since I'm way to lazy to check all 75 pages of this-does anyone have the bile bomb logo for a prop?The bottle I'm using looks like this

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7...kffo1_1280.jpg

It's a pretty big bottle..If you do,pleaaaassse PM it to me/post it here so I could use it ^^'

Thanks!
Book of Life- La Muerte- 0%
Nightvale- Welcome to Nightvale- 0%
Resident-chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #1117
Shyodine
That one lady

If you want I'll try to re-create one in Photoshop. (: Just give me a moment~
Shyodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 03:03 PM   #1118
Shyodine
That one lady

Okay, here you go~
http://i.imgur.com/T8XFs.jpg

I tried to base it off of a few screenshots I saw in-game. It's as wide as a piece of paper and slightly shorter than one (just by a couple inches).
Unread 07-31-2012, 01:12 PM   #1119
Shyodine
That one lady

Alright, here you go~
I tried to make it look as canon as possible, but feel free to do anything else to it that you want!

http://i.imgur.com/6c8Be.jpg
Unread 08-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #1120
tia1106
On the path of the Beam

Anyone have recommendations for accurate L4D1 props? I'm in the process of making Zoey and not really sure which weapons (specifically melee) would be accurate, or if it even matters. For example, the baseball bat or guitar weren't released until L4D2 but you can still use them in the original campaigns. Am I getting too wrapped up in the details here or would Zoey carrying a guitar or boomer bile make sense?
As for guns, I'm concerned about not being able to bring them to cons or other events. I'm trying to stay away from airsoft guns because they do look very realistic and tend not to have the orange tips. But in your guys' experience does the orange safety tip make all the difference? Or it it having firing capability?
tia1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #1121
RagingClue

i am in the process of making a zoey costume as well. rather than the guitar, i would probably go for something more iconic, like duel pistols. it is entirely up to you though. i'm sure that everyone would still get the idea. zoey wielding a guitar actually sounds kinda badass

for pictures, i was planning on posing with my actual guns. as for gun props to take with me and actually carry around, i was going to just purchase a couple of cheap squirt gun pistols and spray paint them. i have most often seen zoey wielding duel pistols than anything else. also, they are completely harmless and i doubt anyone would give you trouble over squirt guns.

in case anyone is having trouble finding a zoey jacket, this is the best one i have found so far: http://hoodieheaven.com/products.php?id=999
has anyone else found anything better or cheaper?

i am also having trouble finding a francis vest at a reasonable price. does anyone have any suggestions?
RagingClue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 08:08 PM   #1122
tia1106
On the path of the Beam

I keep coming back to the dual pistols idea as well. Though I'm considering looking for a plastic crowbar since I doubt carrying around a real one would be much fun >_>
This is the jacket I ended up getting: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o00_s00_i00 If I have time I'll add some white piping to the pocket opening, but on its own it's pretty close.
As for Francis, something like this seems pretty close and there are many at a good price: http://www.amazon.com/HandSewn-Pebbl...s+leather+vest
tia1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2012, 11:34 PM   #1123
RagingClue

ah, thanks for posting those links!! that vest is slightly cheaper than the one found and i wouldn't have to order it through e-bay!! that would make it much more convenient (assuming i still can't find one with a collar). the jacket is also great.

i could definitely see zoey with a crowbar. i'm also planning on making a fake pipe bomb and a fake molotov, which shouldn't be too hard. I'm going to sew a couple of med packs as well. i'm pretty excited :3
RagingClue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2012, 02:34 PM   #1124
Caerix
Gamer

Song for Zoey: DOUBLE PISTOLS ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE MAP~! Yeah~ kill the zombiiiieeeesss~

K I'm done now x3
~Zebra (Vocaloid) - 90%
~Zoey (L4D) - 75%
Caerix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #1125
anime_grl

hey can someone PLEASE give me tips on how to go about making a spitter cosplay?? i have never used liquid latex before and don't even know where to get it, i'm not sure of what exactly she wears (i've seen some with a tank top and some with a bikini top) and i'm not sure about the shoes... PM me please if you have any tips!! this was a last-minute switch since i'm not going to be able to get my witch costume ready (it's for ohayocon)
(also i'm assuming you all know what a spitter looks like BUT... left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Spitter )
THANK YOU!!!
anime_grl is offline   Reply With Quote