Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #1501
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@FinalEvangelion: Hahaha, and I cannot remember if I told you or not! xD I made my Cecil spear out of an old broom stick and a chair leg. I know that sounds weird using old wooden parts lol. But it worked, and didn't really cost anything. and then I added all the spikes and stuff on it using cardboard and posterboard, plastering it all with clay.

@tifaia: lol. >////< And GAHHHHH!! You're gonna possibly meet our much loved Seifer-sama, the embroidery mistress?! Lucky you..!

@Everyone and FF9: You pointed out a lot of good points about FF IX and VII Final! I also think Dissidia has a lot to do with it, ever since it was released, people's curiosity about the older FF's made them want to understand them more. (And even cosplay them) I once did some costume searching on this site (like, Bartz) and there was hardly ANY Bartz cosplays before Dissidia was announced or released. (I was looking at everyone’s upload date before Dissidia lol) Now, there are lots of them. And like FinalEvangelion said, there's even Zidanes that popped up, and around the same time as Bartz too! Also WoL's, Onion Knights, Kuja's, Kefka's, and TERRA'S. GOODNESS GRACIOUS ALL THE MORE TERRA COSPLAYS.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-17-2012, 11:47 AM   #1502
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Dragon View Post
I'm curious. What's the difference between Kuja's FF9 clothes and his Dissidia clothes?
Only a few differences. Details on the gold ribbon on the skirt, and in the original game he didn't have bracelets or glovelets. In Dissidia he has these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Sephiros View Post
@MDA : Your splay looks great so far! I can't wait to see in person next weekend! I'll be rooting for you in the masquerade!
Heck yeah >D Been a while since we saw each other! And thanks for the encouragement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
And uhh... Hi everybuddy. Long time no post I know. X_X I've been missing you all...
So Kain is basically finished now! FINALLY! ^^ And is very uncomfortable lol. I dunno if I will debut him to the same con as my new Emperor cosplay, I may wait. And Emperor is about 90% done and should be ready in time for the convention next week! ^^ So I am very excited.
Here's an update on Emperor: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3153150/

@everyone: I also agree about FF IX! I wish it had more love. I love the direction they took that game in. I 'hope' in FF XV they will do that kind of thing again...
Your Emperor looks amazing!!! I really can't wait to wear Kuja with you now!!! I wonder how our dear Nefer's coming with Sephiroth :P Shall be an epic group yes?

As for my progress on Kuja... not much left to do on him.
All that's left is to make my gold shirt, add ribbon to the jacket, make the silver bands, make the shoulder armour, and finish the neck armour
Front: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3153918/
Back: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3153919/
Closeup: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3153920/

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2012, 03:24 PM   #1503
Seifer-sama

@ Liliana: Wow you have been busy! I just flipped through your pictures and I swear I haven't seen half of that progress. So great work!

@ Tifaia: I am so excited to see you in person at Fanime. Odds are if I am outside, you will see me before I see you though, I am so blind in the sun!! Keep working hard though, your progress is looking great!

@ FinalEvangelion: Good luck with that experiment. I hope it all goes well for you. As for the paint question, I usually just buy the FolkArt Metallics and hand paint everything on. I always thought spray paint never quite got the right look for me... Maybe I am using it wrong. I wouldn't be surprised.

@ MDA: WOW! Looking good! You are nearly there now!

@ FF9 Discussion: I agree, I think Dissidia was very helpful in bringing attention to overlooked FF games. I am pretty sure that it's just as Final said, people picked up FF7 and never really looked at the games that came before. I guess they just didn't know what they were missing. I do agree with you Liliana that the popularity for everyone (especially the older games) is growing and it's so nice to see that.

@ Updates: My boots arrived yesterday and my spandex arrived a few days ago so now I really have all that I need to start working on my revision of my Terra boots. I am hoping this time I can make it a little more accurate, but we will see what happens.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 09:32 AM   #1504
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Liliana: That's a good point about Dissidia. In fact, at the con I attended last weekend they had an old-school FF panel focusing on FF1-4 for both newcomers and fans of the series. I just wish it weren't 17 fing degrees outside, else I would have taken CoD to show some love for us old folks. XD

@MDA: The progress is looking great! And I think once you see the entire costume come together, the shoulder's won't seem as large.

Random, but have you named the codpiece yet? lol

@Final: Someone was trying to convince me to go to Sakura, but I found it was going to be too expensive in comparison to Fanime. Free room and board and cheap flight? Yes please! XD

@Seifer: lol. I'm sure we'll stumble into each other. We're both so white, and I'll be white on top of white, that we can't miss. haha
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #1505
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ MDA: WOW! Looking good! You are nearly there now!
I can`t wait to have this beast done :P Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
@MDA: The progress is looking great! And I think once you see the entire costume come together, the shoulder's won't seem as large.

Random, but have you named the codpiece yet? lol
Thanks so much!

Named the codpiece? O.O No... why?

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 02-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #1506
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@MDA: Just curious. lol It seems like every woman I run into who has one for a costume has given it a name. The last Kuja I met named her's Larry.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2012, 10:20 PM   #1507
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Tifaia: Indeed like, I named my snake that Emperor has on his head Bibbles. :P
And I lol'd at that name, Larry for the codpiece. XD That's brilliant, haha!

@Seifer-sama: aww, thank you. ^^; *hugs* AND AHHH SO COOL!! I'm so happy to know that I am not the only one who doesn't really use spray paint, but the folk art paints instead. (and also dollarstore paints, haha) I like painting things on by hand as well. Spray paint is too random for me, I like having full control on whatever it is I am painting. lol.

@MDA: CON-G NEXT SATURDAY!!!! JUST THINK, A WEEK FROM NOW WE'LL HAVE BEEN FINISHED THE MASQUERADE ALREADY!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! @O@ *Heart attack* I love how Kuja is coming along, I can't wait to see ya. And as Far as I know, Nefer has been working very hard on Sephiroth! It sounds like her progress is coming along well since the last I talked to her. And Emperor is like, SOOOO almost done. :P Just the horns, and THAT IS IT. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOSSSSHHHHHHHHH.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 02:41 PM   #1508
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@everyone: I'm glad you're all doing well! ^.^ No real progress, other than buying some new makeup and giving it a try. It's SOOOO much better than my old stuff. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #1509
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
@MDA: Just curious. lol It seems like every woman I run into who has one for a costume has given it a name. The last Kuja I met named her's Larry.
Interesting. Hmm. Not sure I'd want to name my codpiece, be a little odd as addressing "down yonder" by a name xD I'm safer naming props xD (90% I've named - things like Zeike, Alexander, Hului... yeah)

I did however name my feather :P I named it Garane... (it's a combination of two character's names... Garnet & Zidane xD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@Tifaia: Indeed like, I named my snake that Emperor has on his head Bibbles. :P
And I lol'd at that name, Larry for the codpiece. XD That's brilliant, haha!

@MDA: CON-G NEXT SATURDAY!!!! JUST THINK, A WEEK FROM NOW WE'LL HAVE BEEN FINISHED THE MASQUERADE ALREADY!!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! @O@ *Heart attack* I love how Kuja is coming along, I can't wait to see ya. And as Far as I know, Nefer has been working very hard on Sephiroth! It sounds like her progress is coming along well since the last I talked to her. And Emperor is like, SOOOO almost done. :P Just the horns, and THAT IS IT. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOSSSSHHHHHHHHH.
Bibbles. That's awesome xD

OMG NEXT SATURDAY!!! GAH! NEED TO FINISH THAT BEAST OF A JACKET!!! I can't wait to see your Emperor in person X3 Been talking to Nefer the last little bit... her pleather she bought hates her. I'd be shooting it personally if fabric didn't want to work for me - I wanted to many times with the velvet... damn you velvet! I HATE YOU BUT I LOVE YOU! Horns, so much with horns xD You love making horns, I know damn well you do XD

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM   #1510
FortWayneSasori
The High Summoner

I'm not really too sure if anyone posted anything about the characters from Duodecim, but I will be attending this years Ikasucon in Fort Wayne Indiana as the High Summoner Yuna! The best thing about her outfit is that there are so little changes from her origional outfit in Final Fantasy X. My friend will be going as Tidus, but I think he's only going as the FFX attire, not the Dissidia... Even though I like the Dissidia style better....
FortWayneSasori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #1511
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: I can see us both stumbling around blinded by the light until we eventually crash into each other. It would be the saddest Terra vs. CoD fight ever. :P

@ Liliana: Spray paint is too random!! I thought I was the only one who didn't use that stuff! Ha ha! but yeah like you, I like to have control over my paint and I really think weathering looks better if you paint by hand.

@ Terra~Esper: Hey even buying stuff can be considered progress... at least I count it.

@ FortWayneSasori: Welcome! I wish you luck on your Summoner Yuna costume!

@ Anyone: No updates on the boots yet... I spent the whole weekend doing a photoshoot for my Vaati costume... so I am pooped... I am going to try and work on the boots soon though, Sakura con is coming up so fast!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 04:15 PM   #1512
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

LOL!! I havent been here in forever!! Its taking me years to finish my Dissidia costumes! =( But I seriously have no room in this one bedroom apt. I would like to finish the Emperor but geez.....no place for his shoulder armor! >< I'm trying slowly, I'm probably going to store the armor in my trunk......everyone progress/end product looks amazing!!! =D I cant wait to move!!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #1513
MDA
Destiny Productions

I'm so excited! Kuja's almost done.

All that's left is sewing the armour onto the jacket (I have 1 day before the con... so it's a bit of a rush job), and to sew on the two silver bands.

Now... to hurry up and get better. Stupid cold >_< After all the time and effort I've put into making Kuja, I'm NOT skipping this con.

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 02-23-2012, 04:18 PM   #1514
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Liliana - that's cool that you were able to get the broom stick to work. The less money spent, the better. My main concern would be keeping all the pieces together without falling off when I do this spear.

@Seifer - I've seen that kind of paint at Micheal's and various craft stores. I'll have to look into it. I supposed spray paint works when needing a very even gradient (maybe shiny sci-fi armor?) The main issue with spray paint is when there are details, laying the tape can be a pain. Hopefully, I can try the bondo / wonderflex this weekend to see how the details work out.

@tifaia - cool deal that you got a free room at Fanime. Hope you have fun there. If I was going, I would have organized an old school gathering before the main gathering. As Seifer would probably agree, the main gathering is a little too large for its own good the last couple years.

@MDA - hope you get better. How is the costume coming along. I know how it is getting to crunch time. I get there far too often, and I probably will again with Sakura-con.

@Everyone - not too much progress. Been a little sick and discouraged in the job search these days. Need to push myself a bit more.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2012, 09:57 PM   #1515
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
@MDA - hope you get better. How is the costume coming along. I know how it is getting to crunch time. I get there far too often, and I probably will again with Sakura-con.

@Everyone - not too much progress. Been a little sick and discouraged in the job search these days. Need to push myself a bit more.
Thanks! Hope you get better too! Seems everyone's getting sick lately.
Always seems to be a crunch time eh? :P I get it every year for Anime North. Hopefully this year I can avoid it.
And thankfully, Kuja is now finished! As of... 8pm... so I'm quite pleased He turned out better than I thought he would. The weird thing about Kuja is though that I can't put him on without help XD

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART