Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #1651
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Dragon View Post
@ Seifer-sama, FinalEvangelion

Off topic, but I thought you two might like to know: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/...eborn-may-1st/
About time!!!!!! <(^_^<)

@Final: The pics look great! And it seems like you all had a lot of fun out there. ^^

Dissidia related: I'm working on a Prishe outfit for a friend of mine for A-Kon. It'll be her first cosplay and I won't be alone on the FF11 ring. XD Other then, all is quiet. I'm still forcing myself to take a break from sewing until Sunday.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-13-2012, 02:45 AM   #1652
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Tifaia - Thanks alot. We had alot of fun being silly during our photoshoots.

@Seifer - I'm glad you liked the photos. I hope you friend that was Sakura liked hers too (it seemed that she did). Now that I have uploaded all the photos, it's back to work on my costumes. Dissidia related, I really should start doing stuff with Cecil immediately. I don't know if it's better to work on several projects at a time or one at a time. I'm going to try doing several at a time, though.

@Divine - Thanks for the info. I've been redownloading lots of the Japanese versions to my PS3 of these games since they make them region free while the original discs are not.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #1653
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: (Regarding Legend of Dragoon) I know right?! A Prishe cosplay huh? That's great. You will have another FF11 friend. I also think it's a good idea to give yourself breaks here and there. You don't want to drive yourself insane like.... I do. :P

@ FinalEvangelion: Oh yeah she loved hers. We were cracking up over all the silly shots too. As for Cecil, good luck with that armor! It's wonderflex time for you now right? And as for multiple projects, I am actually going to by trying that myself this year. I have one deadline to meet by Fanime, but the rest I have decided to leave open and just see what happens. I am hoping that this will make less stress for me. I hope it works for you too!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2012, 05:37 AM   #1654
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - I'm glad she liked them. Thanks. I'm going to need all the luck I can get for that armor. I did use wonderflex for Duke's toe armor. Actually, I used the scraps I got from you (thanks again). I'm not sure I'll be able to use Bondo for all the more detailed designs (such as the raised designs). I may be doing the Gesso for that. Chun Li is the one you are trying to finish by Fanime, right?

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 04-14-2012, 10:29 AM   #1655
Thermoman

WONDERFLEX Time....

Wonderflex time....that's a good thing. Best of luck Wonderflexing.
www.wonderflexworld.com

@ FinalEvangelion: Oh yeah she loved hers. We were cracking up over all the silly shots too. As for Cecil, good luck with that armor! It's wonderflex time for you now right? And as for multiple projects, I am actually going to by trying that myself this year. I have one deadline to meet by Fanime, but the rest I have decided to leave open and just see what happens. I am hoping that this will make less stress for me. I hope it works for you too![/quote]
Thermoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #1656
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Seifer: Damn you woman! Looking into SF costume stuff now. >.>

Hope everyone's costumes are going well. ^^
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 10:42 AM   #1657
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: Oh ha! My scraps helped after all, that's good! As for the more detailed pieces, Gesso probably would be better. Despite the fact that it's annoyingly slow at drying and takes a lot of layers to build up, it does give you a lot of control. Mind you I have never used Bondo, but the other mediums I have used to cover the weird texture of wonderflex usually ended up burying my designs as well. With Gesso though, you can sand every couple of layers to make sure that your designs are still raised. As for Fanime, yes, I am trying to finished Chun Li by then. I am still working on Yoko at the same time (and maybe another cosplay *cough) but I doubt I will finish them in time. We will see though. I got a lot of progress done this weekend, so here's hoping for more extra productive weekends in the future!

@ Tifaia: Do it! Rose is calling you! Hee hee! It's another high heeled cosplay too. Your favorite right? :P

Something Dissidia Related: This is a stretch here (no pun intended)... but I bought more stretch cotton sateen for Edea, yays! I used up what I had for my Ranma and Chun Li cosplay, so I needed to replenish my stash. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-16-2012, 04:48 PM   #1658
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer- I think Bondo works well when you want the more sci-fi armor look. It gives it that Vacuum form look. My ninja friend used it for his Shin Chan action bastard helmet and pauldrons. Gesso will probably work better for Cecil. Good luck on finishing any cosplays. Good to hear you progressed. I had to work all Weekend, but I have tomorrow and Thursday off. So I should use it to start working on Cecil more / finish Pen Pen. Also going to be doing some more tweaking of the photoshoots before putting them up.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 04-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #1659
Divine Dragon
HYDRO STORM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
My ninja friend used it for his Shin Chan action bastard helmet and pauldrons.
Haha. You know another Action Bastard cosplayer, eh? I was thinking there were only a few of us.

For my Bastard helmet I took a Batman mask and used wonderflex for the horns and mohawk. I started with styrofoam bases, and then wonderflex, then I coated the horns with Friendly Plastic.
- Kuja (Final Fantasy IX): restarting soon
- Locke Cole (Final Fantasy VI - Amano version): 70% completed
- Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy V/ Dissidia): 100% completed
- Rum Tum Tugger (Cats): 30% completed
- Amon (Legend of Korra): 100% completed
Divine Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #1660
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: ah you know I think your are right. Bondo does really give a Sci Fi feel to armor. I think Gesso will work really well for your Cecil cosplay. Are you planning on debuting that costume again soon? How much more do you have left on Pen Pen? As for my cosplays, Chun Li is coming along well. I was able to cut out all the pieces of the dress yesterday and started sewing this morning. I am trying to set a loose goal of finishing her by next week.

Cosplay Update: Not really an update, more like a stream of conscious... :P I realized something about dyeing fabric, make sure you have more water than you think you need. :P I dyed my Chun Li fabric and the water covers most of it, but I kept it moving through the bath the whole time. However, I still have some uneven spots, which works for Chun Li (it is used for fighting so it should be worn), but I am thinking for Edea when it's time to dye her, I may just make the entire dress first and dye the fabric then instead of the other way around.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #1661
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Divine - Awesome. We love going around the con as Action Bastard and Sackboy. Here is a video of us at SakuraCon. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIR3V...feature=relmfu 1:37 and the very end is us.

@Seifer - I think as far as my costume debuts, I'm looking at having Pen Pen for Anime Oasis next month. So far I've just made the head structure as you probably saw on FB and cut out the patterns for the suit. I'm hoping to be able to stitch the fabric together on the head rather than just glue them in place to make things look nicer. Cecil I'm hoping to finish by Aki-con in October (A smaller con in my area of Seattle). I really got to figure out how to work in into my work schedule because I am usually so tired after a 10 hour shift. Good to hear that Chun Li is coming along.

BTW, I think my friend was going to ask you about commissioning part of Shadow (he hates the sewing part but loves armor and props). Of course no worries if you can't. I told him you may have lots going on in terms of projects already.

@Anyone - Speaking of dyeing fabric, do you think that it would work with Cecil since I want the fabric to be very slightly grey instead of fully white? I've never done fabric dyeing before and I can't find the kind of grey I need. It's the same when I paint armor I'm thinking mixing white with gray acryllic paint.
Also, Right now, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to clamp the back plate to the front plate of Cecil. I'm thinking of just leaving the back open and tighten down with straps since the cape will be covering it. Maybe that would be better than latching the sides?

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 04-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #1662
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: I did see PenPen, I almost thought it was the doctor mas from Assassin's Creed. :P But I am glad to hear it's coming along. And as for work leaving you tired, that's totally understandable. A 10 hour day is a long time to be at work. I am usually pretty tired after my 9 hour days, so 10 must be even more difficult. What I have been trying to do and it seems to work for me, is getting up a little earlier and working on cosplay then. I also try to squeeze some work in on my lunch as well but I am not sure how much time you have for that. I hope you are able to find some kind of working schedule with your cosplays!

As for Shadow, I am not sure when you talked to him, but I told him that Shadow could basically be built off of a pervert suit (zentai suit) and that I would be willing to design something for him. I also told him I could sew the wraps if that helped. Those are pretty easy and won't take long.

And as for the dyeing fabric: http://dharmatrading.com/html/eng/37...lnav=dyes.html Here's where I get my dyes and they have tutorials for people who are new to dyeing like me. :P I had to mix up colors for both Terra and Chun Li, so I am sure that it's possible to get the right color you want. I would just make sure you have a piece of fabric to test with, preferably a scrap of the fabric you want to use for the cape. And for the armor, I am not sure if I am looking at the right piece, but if it's sitting over the cape you might be able to do what we did for Edgar's shoulder pieces. We poked a hole in the armor, through the cape, and laced the shoulder piece to the torso armor with a bit of cording. I hope that was clear enough, if you need pictures let me know. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-20-2012, 02:53 AM   #1663
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - It's probably because where the vision cutouts are. The actual eyes once covered in fabric will be much bigger and cover more area. I think it would be a good idea to force myself up a bit earlier. I have 10 hour days two days a week now (Mon and Fri) but the other days are a good 7 to 8. So you must take your embroidery projects to work to work on during lunch breaks?

I was almost thinking my Shadow friend could use his Vindicare Assassin suit that he was wearing at the FF6 shoot and put Shadow wraps around him instead. All the stuff is attached by velcro for the Assassin - mainly around the waste. I don't know if it's too shiny though. But thanks for helping him out on all of that. Maybe if we shoot at a dog friendly place, I could bring along Akiba as interceptor? He is the wrong color, though is the only thing. Could work for some silly shots.

Right now, I mainly need to dye the spandex suit I intend to wear under my Cecil armor. I don't think there is a gradient on the cape, but that's just looking at the figurine. Thanks for that site. I think the blue gray is exactly what I need. I'll probably just do a really dilluted mix of it when dying.

I was thinking of how to attach the breast plate to the back plate. Probably the way you did Edgar as all one unit would work the best. I may open it from the back to tighten or loosen it with some straps since I'm losing weight (finally!) now. I think the cape should conceal anything in the back. The shoulder pauldrons will be a different challenge all together to attach them, but haven't gotten there yet. Right now, I'm really thinking of how to fix everything to my body and have a definite plan before I dive into it too much. Hopefully, I can get it to where I can wear the thing the full day.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 04-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #1664
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: Yeah I don't know how you can stand a 10 hour day, let alone two! I might be dead after 9 and a half. :P Anyway, I do hope you find something that works for you. As for me, I actually live close enough to work that I can walk. So I just walk home on my lunch, eat there and put in some cosplay work when I can.

As for Shadow, that is a zentai suit right? It should work I would think. I figured I would just design some wraps for his head, waist, and legs and he shoudl just attach those over the suit. So I suppose if it has velcro on it, it shouldn't make a difference. I don't think it's too shiny either. And I love the idea of doing a shoot with Akiba! Ha! That would be sooo cute. ^ ^ It sounds like all this FF6 talk has inspired my friend to work on her Locke. We may have a super FF6 group next Sakura con. :P

Dharma Trading is awesome! I haven't tried any of their polyester dyes (I am not sure what fabrics you are trying to dye) but I hear those work pretty well too if you need them. Good luck!

Oh okay so I was sort of confused. A one piece pull over does make armor easier to work with. If you just slip up the sides (or the back) then it should be easier to put on too. I think the best thing you can do, is just do a lot of tests and see what works for you. I am sure you will figure it out. Let me know if you have any questions or anything you get stuck on.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-21-2012, 08:13 PM   #1665
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

Headache: Day four
Mood: Irritable
Embroidery: NOT ENOUGH.

I'm beginning to doubt that I'm going to get Terra done. It's six weeks until Akon, and not only is the dress not done, I haven't started on ANY of the other stuff I need to work on. -cry- I just don't know what to do...

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote