Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-29-2012, 01:05 AM   #1786
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

>_< WAHHHHHHHHHH!! It's super crunch time! I've had to redo so many things for Emperor!! All because I didnt want malfunctions!! And I have to cram Laguna for my bf in there! All this by Saturday!! *sweating GRENADES!* I just want it done already! its been years!

@ Lil, I decided to make Sailor Pluto about a month ago, don't think I'm bringing her to AX though....as my smart self went for a hike and forgot sunscreen so my legs would not be matching the tops of my arms. So it looks like I'm Emperor the whole event....hopefully!!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-29-2012, 07:12 PM   #1787
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lady: O_O I hope you were able to finish in time! That's a crazy amount of work for last minute. And you must provide photos!!

@Terra: It'll be at AFest. It's all about the old school this year. XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 12:40 AM   #1788
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
Whoa! 8D I'm in a Chrono Cross group for Afest this year, too!

*Sorry for being off-topic, I have no Dissidia news but I always keep up with this thread to see aw'sum progress from everyone. x3

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Last edited by Hee-Hee : 06-30-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 01:37 AM   #1789
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
@Lady: O_O I hope you were able to finish in time! That's a crazy amount of work for last minute. And you must provide photos!!

Yeah, I should have him ready for Sunday's Final Fantasy photoshoot. Tonight I am not going to pull an all nighter, I need sleep. Lol, But will be up early putting together finishing touches. I like how the X games are hogging our temporary convention center in LA. Lmao. I swear being a manager and trying to have hobbies is impossible, I like my hobby over managing other people! >=( XD
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2012, 07:54 AM   #1790
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hee-Hee View Post
Whoa! 8D I'm in a Chrono Cross group for Afest this year, too!

*Sorry for being off-topic, I have no Dissidia news but I always keep up with this thread to see aw'sum progress from everyone. x3

...ok. We're totally going to bombard you all now and we have to wear these on the same day. XD These two will be coming in from Florida for AFest. I'm so flippin' excited now! *runs off to work on her snake headband*

@Lady: Yes. Sleep is important. And lol on the X Games. Great timing for everything this year! Good luck to you on those last touches! You can do it! But get some sleep!
Unread 07-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #1791
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

Quote:
@Lil: Actually I've wanted to do Leila for a while now, but it seemed silly without a group. I'm all about obscurity, but even I have limits. XD I'd totally do FF2 with you. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post

@ Tifaia & Liliana: Tifaia, if you go to Canada let me know, then we can do our big awesome D group too! I'd jump in on the FF2 but it doesn't sound like there is anyone left. :P

Doooo eeeettttttttt...
alll my love... all of it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
Canada: Maybe I will have to join you guys in the Canada trip as well. We could have the big Dissidia thread meetup or something (Bring all our Dissidia characters).
I support this... dooooo eeeeeetttttt

@Lil: Ohhh I'm curiousif MDA is still doing Maria is she doing the ingame sprite/amano art work or the opening clip Maria... cause that opening clip had been on my wish list for ages (but Hilda more more so)

also those cookies you promise to bake... does one have my name on it?

sooo sorrry for my absence guys... but really theres not much cosplay related stuff going on atm since the last costume I was working on the only thing I had left to do the night before the con was sew a few straight stitched on a leather bikini I made and paint a broken horn but the sewing machine poop'd itself and I was the nice one letting all my friends use the machine first so yeah bit disheartening (wasn't FF related but heres a picture of the props I had made for the costume props

Last edited by ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ : 07-01-2012 at 07:44 PM.
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 12:14 AM   #1792
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Liliana, Seifer, tifaia & MDA - Cookies definitely sound yummy! As far as costumes, I will probably bring more armor ones if I'm driving and cloth ones if I'm flying there (long road trip from here). However, I will make a point to have a point Gestahl done by then. Maybe I can get some FF6 pics with Seifer and co. and then a pic of "Final Fantasy Emperors" with Liliana. As for the FF2 group, I probably won't have anything made for that as my cosplay plans are too booked, but I'll definitely do photography.

@tifaia - I'll say I'm all for the green plugsuit since I haven't seen anyone do that. That would be awesome!

@Seifer -

Work: Thanks! It really is all about practice and trying to make yourself stand out at interviews.

Photoshoot locations: I'm not sure why public venues need to charge for non-professional photography. My taxes should pay for that, right? I can somewhat see if I'm charging my clients, but if I'm not - it seems like they are gouging.

I asked my "Cosplay Seattle" group on facebook for some location suggestions. I'll try to check some of them out over the next few weeks. It's also for potential paid non-cosplay assignments before Sakura-con that I want to look into it.

Fanime: I usually keep the wigs on the styrofoam heads themselves if I can when driving. Flying - I just turn them inside out. Most of mine are one layer - I imagine that would be bad for Terra wig. I've done the same thing as your brother did with Sackboy - alot actually. If you ever watched Spaceballs, it reminds me of when President Skroob tells Dark Helmet - "Always have that damn thing down in front of me! How do I know that you are not making faces." I always laugh at that part. Dark Helmet is an eventual cosplay plan for me as well.

BTW, your Chun-Li shoot looked really cool. Was that at night, or did it just look like it? I couldn't tell. There are ways of making photos look like they were done at night time with the camera.

Work Out: Very Bad! I kid, I kid It's difficult to get to the routine (I've tried several times). I did do a couple really long dog walks. I'm planning to bike tomorrow, though. It's getting really good for that here.

@Terra & Liliana - Sounds like you are both doing Celes Opera dresses. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-02-2012 at 12:32 AM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #1793
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@ Tifaia & Seifer: Okie dokie! I have you two noted down!

@Lady Muramasa: Lovely!! after a very long time, oh I hope you'll be able to debut him finally!!~

@Hee-Hee: Awww..!~ And I love it when you post here, even if you don't have Dissidia updates. Extra sunlight shines in when you come here. lol.

@El3KtRa: Haha! I sure will! I must for my special princess. XD hehehe! *cough* Maybe I'll put everyones names on them. as For MDA, I'm not sure which one she is doing. She only told me once about her doing Maria, I still have to see what she is doing for sure for her cosplays... cause she is cosplaying FF IX the same day we will be doing FF II, and her other plans are also fille up for that con... so I'm not even 100% sure if she still will be cosplaying Maria or not, but seeing that she talked to me more about her IX cosplay way more than FF II, I think her motivation is higher for the other cosplays for the con. But I'll check with her again, just to be sure!! Which I really need to do, as a lot more people wanna cosplay Maria such as our very own Seifer-Sama. xD haha!

@Final: Indeed!! I hope no one has allergies if I bake cookies... Which I likely will lol. The 2 Emperor's would be EPIC!!! Especially since Gestahl is never cosplayed, and I've been looking forward to that cosplay of your forever too! As for photography, that'd be mega awesome! It's always a bit difficult to grab photogs for a shoot haha! And I love your photos you take too.

Dissidia updates... uh.. I'm STILL working on WoL helmet.. ^^;;; I am being way too lazy for this. Never have I been this lazy. ><; I'm getting annoyed with myself lol. Maybe I'll go back to Ultimecia instead. :P
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 05:39 AM   #1794
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@liliana - No allergies here as far as I know. As for Gestahl, I was going to do it earlier - but after my first attempt at Cecil, I realized my skills are not where they should be. Gestahl is going to be a massive project, but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing. It's the next big project after Cecil, though. It will be requiring embroidery and what not. Thanks for the photography complement!

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #1795
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Electra & Lil: I was thinking of Maria's opening CG version. I really like the look of it But with wanting to do Garnet from FFIX for that con... hmm... Time to figure it out at least. Not 100% if I'd enter Garnet at the masquerade or not anyway. But I'll be taking her to Otakuthon, so lots of opportunity for pictures there... oh I'm so confused as to what I want to do. But I could... hmm... time at least is an advantage right now.

And what is this mention of cookies? Can they be oatmeal? Or some of them be oatmeal?

Not much to report in terms of Dissidia progress. I'll start Kefka's cape next week and will also start on Cloud of Darkness Maybe if I'm lucky and focus enough on CoD I can finish her in a day. Though keep in mind, it's more my own interpretation of CoD from the original game. But there will be Dissidia elements. But the hair will not be silver >> (don't shoot me for that)
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #1796
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lil and Terra:

You suck.

That is all.

Ok that's not really all. Because of Lil I spent money on Leila fabric that I won't be using for like...6 months? And because of both of you, I'm already hunting down Celes fabric and that won't be for another 8 months. That's evil! I've got Chocolina to attend to first! XD

Last edited by tifaia : 07-03-2012 at 07:55 PM.
Unread 07-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #1797
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa: Join usssss..... Join ussssss.... ^.^ And hey, Celes kinda snuck up on me when I found my reference picture. It's not like I did it on purpose!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 12:46 PM   #1798
Liliana

@MDA: Haha, I never baked with oatmeal before! Or at least I can't recall I did in the past. Maybe I'll bake a mix of things in the cookie, like chocolate chips, oatmeal, and peanuts (unless someone has allergies I will leave them out.) Don't wanna kill my foreign friends coming up. ._.;
As for whatever your cosplay plans, it's up to you XDD I'd just advice whatever your heart tugs on the most. Just the Maria wanting list is growing. OoO Doesn't matter too much I mean.. I personally don't mind multiples, but some people do. and yet, I wanna make sure everyone cosplaying whoever is happy too! XD It'll all work out, hahaha!

@tifaia: WOH! This woman has no self control! And then she blames it on Terra and me! XDD lol *pokes you playfully* I think it is super duper awesome that we'll all cosplay as Celes. OWO And gah nice! I've been really wanting to cosplay as Chocolina... Despite it being too skimpy for me... 8'D Oh well, you'd suit her more than me anyway lol.

STILL no updates for Warrior of Light... clayed his helmet a little bit more, and worked on his sheild a bit.... But I did kidnapped Firion to post here finally, does that count as progress? >8D *evil emperor laugh*
Unread 07-05-2012, 01:13 PM   #1799
Nefer
Silver fox

I guess I don't really have the choice but to post here now, now do I Emperor? *hugs rose that was used as a trap to get here* ...Well at least it's not like you never refered me to the thread, with all your 'Oh ya, someone else joined the FF2 group! It's _insertnamehere_ from coscom, from this thread! x'D ...Emperor is the one recruting rebels now, Hilda he's stealing your job! XD
Well I guess I don't need to say I'm the one making Firion for the 2014 group, now do I? ^^; Liliana knows how crazy I am, but since you guys don't (hopefully xD), I guess I better warn you all that I plan to make every single one of his weapons, because...uh...because! xD

Otherwise, uh....cookies? From Emperor? ...I'm starting to get suspicious, should I just bake my own? XD ...roses shape ones...... roses.... *.*
*shakes head* uh, eheh, sorry about that ^^; Ya also be aware of all the inside jokes that are running between Emperor and I, we may get confusing at the con and you guys may want to hide from us once in a while, warning xD *wink at Liliana*

On other news, I'm on a break of major cosplay work with my who-knows-about-what allergies (red spots are getting tiresome -_-; ), but I shall at least make some of Firion's gems thingie tonight, the latex molds are made, I just need the kitchen counter for 24 hours (the time the resin takes to cure)...
I also need to retouch WoL once again (at least change the glue from hot glue to superglue on the legs parts velcros so it will stop unsticking at summer cons), but only after Otakuthon since I WON'T wear him there again....I almost went unconcious before the masquerade last year because of the heat x'D ...and Sephiroth I'm not feeling like retouching until I actually need to rewear him, I got sick of him with all the making resin beads I guess.
...Hmm I just realised that I really need to update my coscom gallery, it's getting pathetic on my part at that point ^^;

And so many Celes *.* Can't wait to see everyone' versions of her! That dress is simply gorgeous, and there are so many ways that it can be made too, it's never the same from one cosplayer to the other ...gah I gotta start Setzer someday *facepalm* After Otakuthon....again... ^^;

Oh, and lastly, Liliana... you know what Cosmos said about the helmet!
Long live the Helmet, the helmet must be obeyed, the Helmet is GOD
....so you better finish it before it starts attacking you in your sleep *looks anxiously at hers laying next to wig heads*

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #1800
Liliana

@Nefer: Thanks for popping in here. 8D

And ya, 3 of us here are all doing Celes! and different versions too O.O which is fun me thinks! Terra's dress is already very beautiful so far.. I'm already jealous lol *pokes her* And wow, you are gonna make Firions gems tonight? Good luck, I hope you'll be able to get to work on that tonight! I still yet have to make that stuff from scratch, which I have not done before, hahaha. XD

and LOL, our hideous inside jokes... can't believe you posted hints of that. XD hehe! I can bake you rose shaped cookies!! I think... You'd take those kind from emperor, won't you? :3 OR if you don't, maybe I'll give them to our Lelia to give to you!! :P or Princess Hilda....

GAH, YES... Your WoL helmet is creeping me out now. perhaps I will finish my WoL helmet faster before yours kills me. >>; *tackles her own helmet on desk and groans* At least it looks cool in Dissidia. -_-;

Last edited by Liliana : 07-05-2012 at 04:54 PM.