Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:22 PM   #1801
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Nefer: Welcome! I'm sadly not in the FF2 group, but it's always nice to meet new peoples! And don't feel bad. Her Empyness is always trying to bribe us with cookies! ^.^

@Lil: Yours is going to be just as awesome! Don't be jealous! Celes is just coming together better than I'd expected, to be honest. ^^;;;;

@everyone else: -waves- Hi everyone!!!!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #1802
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
I guess I don't really have the choice but to post here now, now do I Emperor? *hugs rose that was used as a trap to get here* ...Well at least it's not like you never refered me to the thread, with all your 'Oh ya, someone else joined the FF2 group! It's _insertnamehere_ from coscom, from this thread! x'D ...Emperor is the one recruting rebels now, Hilda he's stealing your job! XD
He's not stealing it... per-say... Its more or less like his helping... and if we're all going to Empys land, he should hand out the invites xD

On a news or two... Lost all my memory cards when I moved... so I'm starting anew with all the FF games in order this time...
must get everything
Unread 07-07-2012, 10:05 PM   #1803
MDA
Destiny Productions

With starting to learn how to do embroidery - unlike beadwork that I found soooo frustrating and "stab-self worthy", I really enjoy it! It's soooo calming and relaxing~ for me at least

So I shall do the triangles on Kefka's cape with embroidery. And have decided I'll use hand embroidery on Garnet's Queen Gown (FFIX) when the time comes for the Fleur-de-lys. The vinework will likely be beads.

CoD, I'll start her this week. If Kefka's cape isn't started this week, then next week.
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #1804
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Terra: Haha! Well I started to lay out all of my Celes fabric last night. I might cut it all out today... maybe. So then I can start hand stitching all the gold cording on, which will take a few months or so. But your Celes dress is so pretty so far... I'm very excited to see it done, especially that I have not seen that version done before.

@El3KtRa: Empy's land!! xDD *laughs*
*GASPS!* OH NOOO..!! All your memory cards?! That's awful! Are you sure you don't have them..? maybe they are kicking around somewhere... Gah, as a hardcore gamer myself, that is just too sad. At least you have all of your FF's though... yay for starting from FF 1 and up again? ^^; You can enjoy those storys all over again! I find when I play a FF for a second or third time, I understand and see more new things that I missed playing them the first time around.

@MDA: Says the one who hates doing any handwork on cosplays. lol.
I don't do enough embroidy, one of these days I'll have to pick a cosplay that is totally ment for that, probably a HM one or something lol. Good luck with CoD btw!
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #1805
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Soooo awesome. I met NegativeDreamer once, he was really nice. I am sure you guys will have a blast. You will have to take pictures for me!!! Oh and just curious... but do you still have your Phoenix Wright cosplays... I just finished Trials and I am sooooo tempted to make a Mia now. It might be another group I would have to do with you if you are available.

@ LadyMuramasa: How was AX??? I didn't go this year because of the X Games. I heard from a friend that it was pretty disappointing.

@ ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: I think I might!! Minwu might be a lot of fun to make.

@ Final Evangelion: Oooh a group shoot!! I am always available for a shoot if there is someone willing to take photos!! I also like the idea of the two Emperors, that's just awesome.

Work: Any word back yet?

Photoshoot locations: I was always confused about fees for non-professional photography myself too... Let me know if you find any cool places! It's a year away, but this is exciting.

Fanime: For wigs, I always keep them on the foam heads and usually stored in boxes when traveling. I have just found that they stay together better if I do that. As for making faces, Dark Helmet was exactly what I was thinking of! I saw that he was listed as one of your possible projects, that's just too awesome!!

Chun-Li: Thanks!! It was during the day in that shady area right before the planter where the Zelda gathering is usually held. So I am not sure if it was the shade or his camera doing that. I have never done a night shoot before... but for some cosplays I bet it could be super cool.

Work Out: I am not doing as well that I thought I would. I did walk this last week but not as much as I should have. Tomorrow though I am seriously starting my routine back. No more wishy washy from me! :P

@ Liliana: Yays!!! And all cookies are good. I am really a big fan of the chocolate chip though... But a cookie is a cookie, so i won't be picky.

@ Nefer: Welcome!! So you're the Firion? That's awesome. I am looking forward to seeing everyone's costume in person!!

@ Terra~Esper: Hi!! How's the dress going??

@ MDA: I love embroidery myself. It's just so relaxing to sit down after work and embroider. Good luck with yous! I can't wait for photos!!

Cosplay Update: I have no Dissidia related updates. I have been away on a family vacation all week and working on my Yoko. I am so excited though, she's almost finished!!! Wee~~!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 03:00 AM   #1806
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - Welcome Back! Hope you had a good trip!

Work: Nothing new yet. Just sending in those apps still. Blah

Locations: Got a few names of places to look at. Haven't gone to them yet, though. It's now a little less than 9 months until SC 2013. Time flies by and these cons come up quickly.

Fanime / Lord Helmet: Sounds like a good way to handle the wigs. For Dark Helmet, Spencer and I were thinking of going out to a Target parking lot with heat gun plugged into the power inverter of a car and molding the wonderflex over one of those big concrete balls in front of the store (hopefully, not get in trouble). I'm hoping Spencer will pick up Colonel Sandurz.

Chun-li: That's cool. I wouldn't mind doing a night shoot. What we could do, is start around sunset (best time for photos due to lighting in the day time) and go after dark. If it's FF6, I really want to do this shot from the PS1 FMV (even though it's a different version of Terra) if you are up for it.

Maybe, photoshop the snow in some how.

Workout: Sounds like a good plan. I've been walking Akiba 1-2 hours per day about every other day. I think the little doggie is much happier and calmer now getting that kind of exercise.

12 Kingdoms: Spencer and I were both really impressed with the pics of your Yoko you posted on FB. I think he's considering doing one of the armored versions of King of En now.

@Everyone: I have this whole week off of work (yay!) and it's sunny and in the 70s here for the next couple weeks. Time to get some outdoor projects done for Cecil like sanding and maybe some woodworking on his weapons (he has 3 weapons on him).

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-09-2012 at 03:08 AM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #1807
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil and Seifer: I'm excited about it. Things are coming along well, I suppose... just slowly. There are so many little details that keep cropping up into my awareness. I'm still working on the bodice, and it's coming along slowly.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 07-09-2012, 10:17 AM   #1808
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: Thank you! I did actually. It was a bit cold though... which seems so odd for summertime.

Work: Bah, well you will find something soon!!

Locations: Ha ha awesome! And yes time does fly by. You think you have so much time before the con rolls around but really, it's just around the corner.

Fanime / Lord Helmet: Ha! That is the perfect shape for Dark Helmet!! That would be a sight to see though!! I wonder if you were to go out there in the morning before anyone, maybe you wouldn't have to worry about getting in trouble. :P You aren't hurting the concrete, so I don't see why you would anyway. And make Spencer join you! That would be awesome!!

Chun-li: I wouldn't mind doing a night shoot at all. And I love the idea of doing a shoot like that for Terra~! I have always wanted to do a shoot in the snow for her... I say that, but I think once I am dressed that way and in the snow, I might change my mind. :P

Workout: Good for you and Akiba!! It's good for both of you to get out and move around. I have actually been considering walking my cat... I think she is irritated with being cooped up in a house all day. We will see though. :P

12 Kingdoms: Aww thank you!! I am hoping I might have some shots for the shoot soon. The costume wasn't finished when we did the shoot, but still! And that would be awesome to see Spencer do an armored version of King En!! If you need any reference pictures let me know. I already have a few.

Cosplay: How lucky! A whole week off and 70s weather!! I am sure you will get lots of stuff done. Make sure you take some pictures!!

@ Terra~Esper: Any progress is good. I am just hoping for some pictures soon! I am so excited!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-09-2012, 11:30 AM   #1809
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I have progress pictures on my facebook fanpage. I haven't gotten around to putting them on cos.com yet. ^.^;;;

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM   #1810
Liliana

@Seifer: Same here! It's one of my fav cookies too. The kind that I bake the most too, haha!

@FinalEvangelion: Oh, that is awesome! Have lots of fun this week!! ^^ Good luck with Cecil and making his weapons, are you making them out of wood?

@Seifer & Final: That would be really cool if you got Terra pictures in snow, and pretty. Snow shouldn't be too hard to photoshop in, I think you can do it O.O
Unread 07-09-2012, 07:51 PM   #1811
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Holy crap. Lots of posts while I was gone for the weekend. >.>

@Terra: Great progress so far! The dress is going to be lovely when it's finished. ^^ I hope your ankle gets better soon.

@Lil: Cookies!!!!! O_O And yes. I blame you and Terra because of my lack of control.

In my defense I did get a lot of this stuff at a ridiculously low price. It'll be worth it in the end, it's just right now I blame you. XD

@Nefer: So awesome that you came in! I've been waiting to see a Firion for ages...FF2 is going to be epic. And I don't like to say things are epic all that often.

@~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: Boo to the lost memory cards. But yea to getting to replay FF games!

@MDA: Good luck with CoD. How are you planning to make "it" work with the cutouts? I'm curious to find out how others are doing it. I've only heard of painful ways such as hot glue. *Why?????????? would you do that to yourself on your tender parts?* And other then my crazy ass method of making a bodysuit, I don't know what else to do. lol

@Seifer: Oh cool! It really is a small world when it comes to cosplay, isn't it? I'm making his wig for Glenn since he doesn't have a lot of experience with wig work.

I have 3 AA costumes and want to add on another in the future. I'm really fond of my Dahlia costume though. It's one of the first where I feel like I made it just right the first time that I have yet had to do any fixes or touch-ups. Instead I keep adding really silly things to it. Like I made a papercraft Feenie and strung it up on my parasol next to my butterfly's. XD That one would be super easy to toss into the bag with the others. ^^

@Final: Ahh Lord Helmet. I've been waiting for the day when someone would make Dot and Yogurt. I've seen the others but never those two, though I can't imagine that they would be the most comfortable things to wear. >.>

Hope the work out is going well. Walking with the dog is a great way to go sometimes. Keeps them quiet for the evening. XD Enjoy your week off work!

@All: Um...I got nothing. lol My stuff from Dharma Trading came in this week so I'll be playing with paints for Riddel. I'm going to try and mimic the watercolor effect from her art design instead of applique.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 03:06 AM   #1812
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - Were you around the Bay Area by chance? It always seems cold there any time of year. More so than Seattle, even.

Work: I hope so. Thanks

Locations: This could be an interesting place. It's an old preserved gas plant on a park. It could look like Vector from FF6 - http://www.seattle.gov/tour/images/gasworks1.jpg

Lord Helmet: If I do that, I'll make sure to get some pics of that happening. Going at all lengths to make a costume. The only reason to get in trouble is because it would look very odd. All I would need is coffee for a prop.

Night Shoot: Cool. We should plan on it then. I would like to do a snow shoot as well for Terra. I did one for Zidane in Montana a couple years ago, which has no shoulder / arm coverage. I could do it for about 15 minutes before being done. It is possible with photoshop (I looked it up) - http://www.photoshopessentials.com/p...hotoshop-snow/. I'd much prefer doing the real thing though, although it would be difficult to arrange that. It would be much easier in a place like Bozeman, MT - where I lived for undergrad where it seems to snow every other day.

Workout: Another two hours of dog walking today. Still not enough to get out his energy completely. He is sleeping better at night, and hence I am as well. If you do walk your cat on a leash, you should post a pic of that on Facebook. That would totally make my day

12 Kingdoms: I definitely want to see the photos from that shoot. I'll inquire about references over on the 12K thread right after I finish posting this, but that would be really nice.

@tifaia - True. Did you see that really awesome Barf at Akon last year? http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalev...57626838884265

@lil - I usually like to make my props out of hardwood if I can. Even though they can be heavy, they can usually stand con abuse.

@Lil and Seifer - Now you all are tempting me to get chocolate chip cookies. My diet is telling me other wise :sadface: At the con, I'll definitely indulge.

@Everyone: Made some cosplay progress. Yay. I wonderflexed the first piece of Cecil's left pauldron of death. This is going to be the most difficult part of the costume. I tried uploading pics here, but didn't work. I have a pic on Facebook. Speaking of Facebook, It's time I made a page like the rest of you guys for all my cosplay and cosplay photography.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2012, 10:42 AM   #1813
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: I must go check then! I am still a stupid head when it comes to Facebook. I forget to check things. :P

@ Liliana: That's because Chocolate Chips are the bestest!! :P I really look forward to yours!! And I think I could do a Terra in the snow shoot here (it does actually snow here in winter), I am just worried about walking in it (falling more like it) and freezing in it. Ha!

@ Tifaia: We are just talkative people and really passionate about Dissidia (I say that so this post is relative to the thread. :P) and that's why we have so many posts.

And yes, small world indeed! I doubt he would even remember meeting me though. This was AX08 we are talking about. :P Light years away and all that. That's so awesome though, it makes me wish I had gone through with my Chrono Cross cosplay! I look forward to seeing the wig once you finish! I am also looking forward to seeing your Riddel. Good luck with that paint effect as well!

Oh awesome! I saw that you had Dahlia and Franny cosplays. Who else were you going to add to your list? Honestly anyone you wanted to do would be fine. I am for sure going to do older Mia and I think Eric wants to do Godot. I love your silly add-ons for Dahlia though!! That's just too awesome.

@ FinalEvangelion: I was around the Bay Area for the 12 Kingdoms shoot, which was cold and foggy by the way. But for the rest of my trip I was at a Southern California beach near Morro Bay, so it was a bit odd for it to be that cold at this time of year.

Work: Keep us posted! We are rooting for you!

Locations: Whoa, that's crazy looking!! I almost feel like we need a Cyan or a Celes now! It really could pass for Vector though, that's super cool!

Lord Helmet: Oh please you must get pictures! And yes, coffee props would be hilarious!

Night Shoot: Ha ha ha! A shoot in the snow for me might only last five minutes. I get very cold very quickly. It still would be neat though! And honestly, I am surprised you were able to last in Zidane for 15 minutes, he doesn't look like a warm costume either. It's good to know that we can photoshop the snow in if we need to though. Just curious, but are there mountains nearby that would have snow already on them?

Workout: I walked yesterday and a bit already today, but I would like to try and workout a little more after work. I guess workouts are working really well for both you and Akiba, sleeping better at night are certainly a plus. And I will take a picture of me walking my cat, if she will let me walk her that is, ha ha! And all this talk of cookies isn't helping me either! :P

12 Kingdoms: Me too! I am so excited. I just got the photographers information, so I will write to him later today and see if he has posted them somewhere yet. The 12K thread would probably have a lot of other references as well. I already have a collection because Eric was considering King En at one point, so there might be something useful in there.

Progress: Hooray!! I will also have to check Facebook for your progress as well. I think once these pieces of the costume are finished, it will probably feel like the worst/most difficult is over and out of the way. And yes, you should make a cosplay/photography Facebook page! @Everyone: Made some cosplay progress.

Cosplay Update: Still waiting for munnies to buy a new base for Terra. I think I should be able to swing it this Friday though. I have been keeping myself pretty busy fixing up little issues with my other cosplays. I finished all the things I needed to do for Chun-Li yesterday (which means I am ready for our group Tifaia!!) and I have to wait to finish up Yoko's wig until I can get to a Joanns this weekend. I decided to embellish a bit on the design, she is a Queen afterall. I think once I get the supplies I need, it should be an easy finish, and then I can finally post some pictures. Not here though.... since it's not really related to Dissidia. After that I am hoping my wig will have arrived so I can start the Terra Wig 2.0.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #1814
Liliana

@Tifaia: *thunder crashes in the background* MUAHAHAHAHA! XD
Have fun playing with all your paints!~ And getting the effects you want.

@FinalEvangelion: Oop. :X I'll stop talking about cookies lol. It's actually making me hungry too! And I can't bake anything right now 'cuz I am short on stuff. D8 *tummy grumbles* Oh well, suppose there are healthier things to eat around the house.. *juggles apples*
Awesome!~! Wood is my fav thing to use for props too. Like you said, they can handle con abuse very well. plus they look realistic too!
By the way, thank you so much for that photoshop snow tutorial thingy. I love photo editing, and that taught me something new I never knew before. Loves it! YAY!~

@Seifer: Hahaha! XD And ohh! that is good! Then when it snows, you should get a pic in it!~ Just don't fall on the ice... lol. When you say you are clumsy, that somehow worries me...? x''D

@Seifer & Final: *JAW DROP* Jumping Chocobos! That places looks just like Vector in FF VI!!! O___O;;; *fans out like crazy* Final, how did you ever find a place like that?! That is amazing! I wish I could cosplay some of my FF VI cosplays there!!! ;A; ...Now I wonder if they'd let anyone take pictures near it.

Last edited by Liliana : 07-10-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Unread 07-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #1815
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@MDA: Says the one who hates doing any handwork on cosplays. lol.
I don't do enough embroidy, one of these days I'll have to pick a cosplay that is totally ment for that, probably a HM one or something lol. Good luck with CoD btw!
I just hate beadwork. Hand-sewing I've gotten to like, I just don't like stabbing myself with shoving through 6 layers of fabric >> Other than that I don't mind. But I'm liking embroidery.
GET YOUR EMBROIDERY DONE GIRL!!! YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO FOR YOUR COSPLAY!!!!!!!!!
And thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ MDA: I love embroidery myself. It's just so relaxing to sit down after work and embroider. Good luck with yous! I can't wait for photos!!
Thank you! Rydia's going to be the first cosplay I try it on, so I shall see how it goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
@MDA: Good luck with CoD. How are you planning to make "it" work with the cutouts? I'm curious to find out how others are doing it. I've only heard of painful ways such as hot glue. *Why?????????? would you do that to yourself on your tender parts?* And other then my crazy ass method of making a bodysuit, I don't know what else to do. lol
I'm actually thinking of making a top and a skirt for that. I like coverage... *says the girl who made Kuja*
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote