Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #1816
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Grrr..... Pushed the wrong mouse button before replying. Have to make long post again. Try this again.

@Seifer:

We seem to be getting all the unusually cool weather in the West Coast this year while everyone else is heating up. Must have been nice to go to the beach, though.

Work: Thanks! I need all the rooting I can get!

Locations: I'll have to look into it myself and see how close we can get to the structure. I'm hoping I don't have to deal with a fence in the way. We should make a post for Celes and Cyan closer to the con if that were to happen.

Lord Helmet: Then of course the Schwartz ring. I can make some funny pics with that.

Night / Snow shoot: I think it's because I have lots of adrenaline in costume to keep me warm. I remember walking in Zidane to a halloween party in MT when it was snowing outside. If we did a snow shoot, we'd probably just have to bring coats to warm up between shots.

Here is Snoqualmie Pass - http://skisickness.com/Snoqualmie/El.../ChairAfar.jpg. This could work. It's about 25 miles away from Seattle. Something like that could work. I'll keep looking, though.

By the way, for this photoshoot- I want to do this one - http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UZxtmUd-ty...0/amanoFF6.jpg . So I need you to make full scale and functioning Magitek armor in the next 9 months and bring it up on a Semi truck ;P

I'm kidding of course . But, that would be an amazing photo that would definitely rock the cosplay world if it was possible. It is my favorite Amano artwork, though. One can dream, right?

Workout: That's good. Lots of walking really got me to lose weight when living in Japan. My roommate's cat is really afraid of the outside - I don't know if yours is as well. Did another 1.5 hours of walking, though. I'm feeling much better during the day and less stressed now doing more exercise.

12 Kingdoms: Going to that thread next.

My Progress: I think I will feel much more confident with challenging projects after doing this armor. The next major one will probably be Dragoon Dart from LoD. I need a little tweaking on this first piece.

Your Update: Can't wait to see the wig. Was Chun-li mostly minor fixes and stuff. There always seems to be a few after first con debuts for durability, comfort, etc. Hopefully, your new Terra Wig will work out. Is that all you have left for Terra?

@Liliana and Seifer: I budged into my temptation and had some chocolate chip cookies. I was bad. I have a major sweet tooth, though. I do like to bake snickerdoodles once in a while, though.

@Liliana:

Tutorial: You are welcome. I hope you have fun with it. I haven't tried it yet, actually.

Gasworks Park: It was a place suggested by my Cosplay Seattle Facebook group. I need to check it out to see how close I can get to the structure without having a fence in the way.

@MDA: Maybe I'll be able to get some photos with you if you bring Rydia to AN 2014 with my Cecil. I guess you have a couple FF9 costumes as well, so that could be cool too.

@Everyone: Not much in terms of updates today. My parents are coming from Texas tomorrow, so I was getting my place cleaned up. This Saturday, I am looking to go with a friend to a small one day Con in Liliana's and MDA's land (Vancouver). I probably wont' wear a costume and just take pictures instead. I like to have a place to stay if I'm wearing a costume.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-11-2012 at 02:40 AM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #1817
Seifer-sama

@ Liliana: I will do my best. I am not as bad as Usagi/Serena, I trip a lot, but I don't fall very often! :P And I agree, that place looks a lot like Vector. It's really cool!! We could always photoshop you in!! "Is that Emperor photo-bombing a FF6 shoot?" :P

@ MDA: Awesome!! Are you getting pretty close?

@ FinalEvangelion: The heat didn't actually hit here until a few weeks ago. Maybe right at the end of June. But it's is odd that the West Coast is relatively cool this year while the more central states are turning to crispy bacon. ^^; The beach was nice though, I always love hearing the sound of the ocean waves.

Locations: Yeah I must admit I am not sure how close they will let you get to something like that, but even having one of those shots from behind the group looking at it might still be really cool! And yes I agree. I would love to look for a Celes and Cyan a little closer to the con. Maybe at the beginning of the year in case someone wants to join but doesn't have the costume made yet?

Lord Helmet: Ha ha! Yes of course!!

Night / Snow shoot: Well you are lucky then, I just get cold. :P But yes, bringing coats would certainly help. :P And wow, what a lovely mountain! That could wok!

And that Amano drawing would be awesome to do. If I had the money, I would love to build sets for shoots. I think that would be a blast! Plus it's something that you just don't see much of anymore.

Workout: I walked more yesterday! It feels really good to get out there and do something, even if it's just a little bit of walking here and there. Like you though, I feel more rested and more relaxed/less stressed when I workout. My kitty likes to think she wants to go outside, but when she does she rolls in the dirt and cries. I bought a harness yesterday though, so we will see if she wants to learn how to walk with me.

12 Kingdoms: Responded.

My Progress: Wonderflex and armor certainly take a bit of practice before you feel comfortable. There are still some projects I struggle with. Doing armor for myself was really annoying for me (especially the breastplate) because I am so used to making armor for other people. As for LoD, eep! I don't know if I am ready for that one yet. I still have my list to go through. ^^;

Cosplay Fixes: Thanks! I am excited too! I would love to make a wig I can wear for longer and yes this will be the last thing I will have to do for Terra. Yays! Chun-Li was a bunch of tiny little fixes actually, so it was super easy. I agree though, the first wear of a cosplay is really to figure out what you need to fix for the next go.

Cookies: Me too! I love baked goods!! I cannot resist cookies and cakes. :P

Your Update: Oh ha ha, I have relatives visiting this weekend too. How funny. I hope you have fun at your mini con though!! Sometimes those are nice! I find that I am more inspired and motivated to work on my cosplays even after the tiniest of cons.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:30 AM   #1818
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Heat: It's getting high 70s in the middle of July and people are saying it's hot here. From where I came from, I'm really loving this. People say "Summer" starts on the 4th of July. I'm enjoying the break from the rain for a while and glad not to be in Texas right now. Where you live, it's cold in the winter and hot in the summer?

Locations: I think having a photo of you guys approaching the area would be cool (or leaving it). It seems good for any steampunk setting. I agree - we should see if people want to make a costume at the beginning of the year and then figure out a time and place as it gets closer. I'll make a post on Cosplay Seattle FB page as well. I'd love to have Gestahl for that area, but that's not on the books until 2014.

Snow shoot: It does look really nice. I'll try to see if there are any closer places to the city, though, if I can.

Amano Drawing: That's what I really liked about old movies before all the CGI came in like the Star Wars trilogy. Alot of things would be possible with more money. We just need to get Square Enix to sponsor us to advertise for the eventual 3DS remake. Joking aside, I wouldn't mind doing some big cosplay set like that.

Workout: Good for doing some more walking. I did as well - although only about 30 min. because my parents arrived. Tomorrow, I'll be walking all over downtown Seattle doing the touristy stuff with them. Awesome that you got a harness for him! Can't wait for the pics of that.

Armor: The dressform has really saved me a lot when doing armor for myself. I can see it being easier to measure on other people's bodies. I can see body armor / breastplates for women being much more difficult too for having many more curves. As for LoD, it's looking to be 2015 at this rate. I usually do one very large project per year, and a couple smaller ones if I can. 2014's big one will be Gestahl. I also want to fit Link's Zora armor in there.

Speaking of Zelda, Sarah invited me to the your Triforce Goddess FB page. It looks like a major project. I remember talking about it briefly. When is that happening? I'm sure I'll be getting photos of that at some point as well.

Cosplay Fixes: Good to hear that's the last thing you have to do for Terra and that Chun-li wasn't too difficult. With Zidane, I'm still stuck on trying to make the belt more accurate to the look on the sides of it.

Cookies: Cakes are good too. Maybe I need to bring some baked goods to the shoots next year.

Parents: Mine decided to come up when it wasn't so much like Seattle (July and not rainy). As for the minicon, I have a feeling that they are going to drag me into work that day. I do like the small cons, though.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-12-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Unread 07-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #1819
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion:
Heat: Uhg it's high 90's here. You are so lucky!!! 70's isn't hot either, that's perfect weather. But yes, here we have really cold winters and pretty hot summers.

Locations: It's a bummer you won't have Gestahl ready. That would be pretty cool to do a shoot there with you and a Kefka!

Snow shoot: Sure thing, just let me know what you find. Depending on the circumstances I really would like to plan to be in Seattle a few days before Sakura con, but if that doesn't work, maybe I can make a special trip up just for the shoots. :P

Amano Drawing: Same here. I think the sets and the puppets really take a lot of artistic talent and it's just not seen much anymore sadly. That would be awesome if SE sponsored us though! I doubt they would, but still, it would be awesome to build big cosplay sets. If I remember correctly, the Zelda Project is pretty much funded on fan donations.

Workout: I did a little more walking yesterday and my arms/abs exercise. Woo! I am sure you will get lots of exercise just touring Seattle with your family though. What fun. :P

Armor: Oh using the dressform is an awesome idea for armoring. We actually used the dressform for my breast plate just because it was getting too uncomfortable to heat the wonderflex while I was wearing it. :P I am glad yours is able to help you too. LoD for 2015 sounds like it might work. I will just have to figure out what I am doing when. And yays! I hope to see you making the Zora armor. That would be too cool.

Goddesses: Oh okay I saw that you liked it. Thanks! It's been a planned project for about a year now and we are finally just starting to work on them. I am thinking we will probably be working on these for the rest of the year and possibly part of next. We don't have a specific con picked out for when we debut these, I think we were just planning on wearing them once finished. We would love for you to photograph for us if you are available.

Cosplay Fixes: Yeah it's nice when the fix it list is so short. :P I am going to head to the store today and hopefully pick up the last of the supplies for Yoko so I can finish her too. Did you make your own belt for Zidane or did you purchase it? I have just started using vinyl to make my own belts and I must say, I am sorry it took me so long to start using this fabric. It's pretty easy to work with and looks really sharp. Perhaps that could work for your Zidane?

Cookies: Ha ha! You can bring anything you like to the shoots. I will probably eat it. :P

Parents/Cons: I hope you have fun with your family. There seems to be quite a variety of things to do in Seattle, so I doubt you will be bored. I also hope your work doesn't call you in on the day of the mini con. That would be a real bummer.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-13-2012, 12:05 PM   #1820
MDA
Destiny Productions

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
@MDA: Maybe I'll be able to get some photos with you if you bring Rydia to AN 2014 with my Cecil. I guess you have a couple FF9 costumes as well, so that could be cool too.

@Everyone: Not much in terms of updates today. My parents are coming from Texas tomorrow, so I was getting my place cleaned up. This Saturday, I am looking to go with a friend to a small one day Con in Liliana's and MDA's land (Vancouver). I probably wont' wear a costume and just take pictures instead. I like to have a place to stay if I'm wearing a costume.
You're making me very tempted to bring Rydia for that year xD Though I need to keep a slot open for my one friend since I only see her at AN, and we like to do a cosplay toghether every year. Unless I can corrupt her into FFIV cosplay >> Only character I know of that she's done from FF is Yuna in her Gunner Dressphere - but that was in 2004, and she hasn't done a female character since - but I know she's interested in doing Cid Highwind from VII And now I want to bring Garnet to AN again, unless I bring Kuja... or some other FFIX character I make by then... darn it xD

I'm starting to think, that for now, the only character that's absolutely 100% is Kaito from Vocaloid in the Venomania gown. I'll decide closer to of which other two I take. Unless AN becomes four days by then, that would make life a bit easier.

And yay! Which Canadian con is it that you're going to? You need to come to one in Ontario that you know Liliana and I will be at (Con-G, AN for both of us)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ MDA: Awesome!! Are you getting pretty close?
I did an embroidery line under where I have some of the beadwork, but most of the work on the corset will be beadwork.

But I have a question for you, since you know more about embroidery than I. Two actually.
1) How do you do a cross-stitch for embroidery? (my mom hasn't done it in 40 years and doesn't remember how to do it)
2) How would you recommend I do the embroidery for the red triangles on Kefka's cape?

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #1821
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: The only embroidery stitch I know is satin, so I can't help you there, but I can give you a website to a lady who is like the embroidery goddess or something. :P

http://www.needlenthread.com/

She usually has videos and step by step instructions on almost all her stitches.

As for your question about Kefka, I think the triangles could be done with a satin stitch. To be safe though, you might want to make a line that goes all the way up one triangle and embroider it in two separate pieces so the stitch isn't as wide. So basically embroidering two small triangles to make one big one. Make sense?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #1822
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: I know how to do a line and satin stitch, but other than that, I'm completely lost. Line stitch makes me think of hand sewing just looks fancier and bigger since it's with embroidery floss.

Thank you for the link! And for the suggestion, I'll do a test of this on scrap fabric before I do it on the cape fabric. I have had bad tendencies to horribly screw up things - it's why I always buy more fabric than I need.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 07-15-2012, 08:37 AM   #1823
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@MDA: CoD: Ahh ok. I'm curious to see how it turns out. ^^ Sounds like an interesting twist!

Embroidery: I know you weren't asking me, but thought I would throw this out there. lol What about the chain stitches instead of a cross stitch? http://www.needlenthread.com/2006/06...hes-chain.html

And for the triangles, I think a simple satin stitch would work just fine.

@Seifer: *adds Dahlia to her list for Fanime* Ok so...I think that puts me at 6 costumes for the convention. *looks at her bags* I'll make it work somehow. lol

At Fanime this year I saw a Shih-na cosplayer and dashed through a group of Trinity Blood to get to her. I'm sure they thought I was trying to stop them. Nope! Move over ballgown. I want the lady with the boas! http://www.flickr.com/photos/tifaia/...57629962230902 So awesome to see someone else cosplay her. XD

@Final: Those photo places are incredible! You all are making me want to move up there or camp out for a few months while I work on Celes. lol

@Lil: *hands you a cookie* ^^
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2012, 04:19 PM   #1824
Nefer
Silver fox

Gah, I'm so slow at checking this forum, sorry for the VERY late reply O_O *facepalm* ....ouch...gotta stop litterally facepalming myself *sweatdrop* ...I'll try to write something even though my mouse is driving me insane *glares at malfunctioning mouse*

@Liliana: ...the Setzer in me agrees with your Celes comment :P XD ...and couldn't make the gems, gotta make stupid Ike and Marth's swords gems before them afterall, completly forgot I had to make them for Otakuthon -_-; If you ever want to try resin though, you know where to get me for help, aka msn xD (and I won't post more hints of those jokes, especially not what came out yesterday of our brains... xD). ...and I've hidden the helmet behind wig head, IT can't look at the computer screen anymore, so don't worry :P xDD (gosh Cosmos, why did you had to start the helmet jokes again???). ...awesome new avatar btw, you've taken new pics of your Emperor I take it?

@Terra~Esper: Now the bribing ninjas with cookies for a skit makes all the more sense...x'D

@~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: .....wait a second there....don't tell me.....oh god...Canada is Palamecia???? Meaning I'm stuck in Palamecia then???? O_O ....unless I'm stuck in the labyrinths...gah, where's Deumion when you need him??? *shakes fist in the air* ...oh, and good luck restarting ffx-2, I'd probably try to kill something if I had to redo the 100 dungeon (whatever the official name was, my brain is apparently boycutting it xD).

@Seifer-sama: Yup for Firion ^^ ...otherwise I'll have SOMEONE trying to stab me at the next con if I don't... x'D I can't wait to see everyone's cosplays either, you guys have awesome cosplays so far, so I can't imagine how good your FF2 cosplays will be! ...oh the pressure, as if Emperor wasn't enough for that...gotta do my best for Firion now ^^;

@tifaia: ...and the pressure is rising once again... xD I'll try to make him the best I can manage, even if it cost me as much as WoL! ....ok I absolutly need a job right now! ^^; And it shall be epic yes, I mean, you never see big groups of ff2 at cons, at least I've never seen any at AN! FF2 needs more love, the characters even though less developped than later FF games are simply addictive...

@FinalEvangelion: ....if you do bring Cecil to AN2014, and wear him the sunday......do you mind if I take pics of you and Liliana, aka two Cecil? O.o ...well ok TRY to take pics, but then again with Kain's helmet out of the way, I think his armor will allow me to take pics for once, unlike WoL or Faris ^^; (and go Zora armor Link O.o Fav version of Link, I wish you luck making all those scales! ).

...on that, no new cosplay work apart from resin work on Ike and Marth......though uh...hey, I've finish Crystal Bearers (gosh that game was short O_O) and almost finish Echoes of Time, since I can play games without problems even with those stupid red spots....immune system going crazy is driving me insane, it's been 7 weeks now, get over it you stupid system of mine!!!! *cough*.

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #1825
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Weather: It's pretty mild year around here. It only gets a little warm in my 3rd floor apartment with no AC. Does it snow there a lot?

Location: I'd like to have Gestahl done too, but that will be too big of a project to also have done by that time, I think. We would just need to find someone who can do General Leo, so I can pose with my three generals.

Snow shoot: If you came up early, I will do my best to get some time off of work during that time. Coming up some other time would be an option as well. Also, meeting in Portland or somewhere in between Seattle and Northern Cal could work too, although I don't know of the locations around there.

Amano Drawing: I just looked up the Zelda Project. That's pretty amazing! It would be awesome if we could get enough fan support to do something similar to Final Fantasy VI. It would probably be alot easier if it was Final Fantasy VII. I don't know if FF6 would have as large of a fanbase to support a project like that. I really do want to make something like this work, though. Is that the idea you are going with your Zelda goddess project?

Workout: Did lots of walking around Seattle, which was nice. Also, this con in Vancouver I walked around alot as well - so I'm pretty sore right now. But I am seeing some weight loss already. Hopefully, by SakuraCon, I can be at the weight I want to be. About a pound a week to get there. Once I lose some of this weight, I may start lifting some weights again.

Armor: The dress form is nice, which is why I'm glad I found a men's form. Although for leg and arm armor, I guess the form won't help too much. I suppose for the leg and arm armor, I will need to do something else. That's going to be a trick. The styrofoam ball worked well for starting the shoulder pauldron. For Zora Armor, I've been getting outdated plastic advertising signage from work (styrene, basically). I think that should work for the scales.

Goddesses: Looks like a cool project. So did you do all the concept sketches that are posted on the page? You are doing Nayru, right? It's probably best to debut it when it's done the way you want it then try to rush it before a con. As for photos, I think this should be one of the locations after everyone has left work there - http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalev...ay/7430112598/ It's only a couple miles from where I live and right next to where I work now.

Fixes: Looks like Yoko's wig is coming along wonderfully from the pics you posted recently. I really need to take the dive into wig styling soon and get Duke's to look decent. I do still have the links you gave me a while back. As for Zidane, I did use Vinyl to make the belt.

Here it is - http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._1464308_n.jpg

The official artwork: http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy..._character.jpg

I'm stuck on how to make the edges look like that.

Cookies: Awesome, I'll see what I can make.

Parents / Cons: Thanks. I had fun with my parents. We did all the touristy stuff in Seattle. Did you ever make it to the fish market or anything while you were up here at all? I did get to go to the con. It was pretty small, but I got to practice the photography a bit.

@MDA - If it works out for you, that would be cool if you can bring FF4 or FF9. If not, that's alright. I just went to a very tiny con in Vancouver called JFest. There were only 400 people that attended and it was one day. It was mainly photography practice. I would like to go to more cons close to Ontario, although that's really far from where I live.

@tifaia - It is pretty nice here if you don't mind all the rain. Right now is the perfect time to be here especially living in a place like Texas this time of year.

@Nefer - I'll definitely wear Cecil if Liliana wants to do that as well. The scales are probably going to take a little while on that armor. So did you finish Kain, or is that a cosplay in progress.

@Everyone : No progress this weekend, but I did go to JFest this weekend. It was a tiny con, but I did get some photos (didn't wear cosplay, though). I did enjoy my little trip to Canada, though. I don't really like going through border patrol very much. The Canadian border patrol was really trying to see if I was getting paid for the photography seeing all the equipment in my car. But here are the photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalev...7630597064622/

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 07-16-2012, 11:39 AM   #1826
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Actually, that's about as far as my knowledge goes too! So we are in the same boat. You will have to take pictures though once you get some of it started. Also too, I always recommend embroidering on a test piece. I learned this with Terra, but just because the floss looks nice on its own doesn't mean it will look like that on your fabric. I bought a floss that I thought was red, but turned orange when I tested it on my fabric. :P

@ Tifaia: Hooray!!!! I convinced Eric to do Godot too... so now we have our own little group. :P Maybe we can wear these costumes on the same day as SF? It would be an easy switch at least. ^^;

Ha ha! Love the Shih-na cosplayer!! You wore yours at Fanime too right? I haven't gotten that far in the Pheeny series, but I am working on it! And lol, I am sure the Trinity Blood people were like "Aww.... she what's to photograph her instead of us. "

@ Nefer: Thanks! I am looking forward to it as well. I love Minwu!!

@ FinalEvangelion:

Weather: How nice! I am sure it's a welcomed change compared to Texas. It snows a bit here, the town 30 miles south gets a ton of snow. This last year was a sad year for snow though.

Location: Don't rush Gestahl, that's a big project. If you have time this year I would say start it, but I think it's too much to try and have it done by next year. I would love to see you and your three generals in one shot!

Snow shoot: We will see what we both can do. I don't want you to feel too pressured to have to get time off, since I know that's difficult enough as it is right now. Meeting halfway would be pretty fun too though! I have a friend in Portland, maybe I can ask her what areas she would recommend. I know that if I brought Yoko, there is a very cool Chinese garden in Portland.

Amano Drawing: Yeah the Zelda project is pretty amazing. it would be awesome if we could do it for FF6. I have to agree though, FF7 would probably get a better fanbase. Who knows though, maybe if it's done correctly it could be possible. And yes, this is basically what we would like to do for our Goddesses project. I think they might be a little easier though because we mainly wanted to focus on areas specifically related to each goddess. Din = Dessert, Farore = Forest, and Nayru = Water

Workout: Good for you and I am happy that you are making progress!! I went for a long walk this weekend and I am planning on doing some Yoga later today. I need to make sure I have more cardio and weight lifting in my routine but for now I am just starting slow.

Armor: Yeah the dressform won't help much with the legs. I think legs are easy enough to do on your own body if you have some help, but for the arms, I think you are going to need someone to help you. I am glad the foam ball helped though! And as for the scales for Zora armor, that's a clever idea!!

Goddesses: Thank you! Sarah actually drew the images, but we designed them together and yep, I get Nayru! Woo hoo! I love the idea of photographing there!! I will have to show Sarah!

Fixes: Thank you! I am so happy to have that wig finished. Wigs are a real pain for me... I still struggle with them, so I can understand you putting Duke off. :P I hope the links will eventually be of use to you. As for the Zidane belt, it's looking really close. Do you have any stabilizer inside the belt? I have sometimes but foam in between the layers of vinyl to keep everything sitting flat. I bet a thick fabric would work too. And for the edges, do you mean how to get that raised piece? I can think of two ways, one easy, the other, not so easy. One being glue a layer of foam along the belt to make the trim and the other to make a fabric tube and stuff it with wire or stuffing and sew it to the belt.

Parents / Cons: That's nice! I had fun with my family this weekend too. We had a big birthday bash for everyone born in this month. :P And no I never did go to the fish market, is it cool? I am also glad you were able to make it to the con! I can understand the frustration with boarder patrol, I usually hear a lot of complaints from people who have to go through it. It looks like it was a fun little con though!

Dissidia Update: I was finally able to order my Terra wig and I only needed one because I had enough scraps leftover!!! Yays! It should be here near the end of this month and then I can get started. I finished my Yoko wig and am now starting up my Zelda wig to keep me busy until Terra gets here.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM   #1827
MDA
Destiny Productions

@tifaia :
CoD : Yeah, I want to try something different with CoD. But I'm happy to say that I bought the styroballs for making the... tentacles? And the paint XD Though now I have to finish other things before I can really work on CoD. But I will make her before the summer is out

Embroidery : Oooh the chain stitch would be very interesting for various parts of Kefka :O It's too bad there's nowhere for such things on Ultimecia >< I have so much to learn for embroidery. But it's worth it

@Nefer : But your facepalm in our Con-G skit worked xD I hope Con-G posts those videos soon... it's been since February @_@

@Final : Time will tell. For the moment I shall just have Kaito as 100%. But I still want to do either FFIV, FFII, or FFIX for it. I shall see in time xD Though II is so tempting @_@ GAH must finish this year's cosplays first xD

@Seifer :Testing is always a good idea. I do that for everything :P I didn't do it on my Steampunk Earth Faery though when I went to start her beadwork. But most of her beading was fast to do. But yay same boat! XD

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 07-16-2012, 10:42 PM   #1828
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Weather: It was the same in Montana as well according to my friends there. Not too much snow. Is Mt. Shasta anywhere near where you are? I almost went there back in HS for some ice climbing and winter outdoor stuff.

Location: I'm definitely taking my time with Gestahl. It's probably going to be a bigger project than Cecil. Not in the armor, but in the sewing aspect. That's when I'll need to learn the embroidery stuff. I think you got everyone in this thread converted

Photoshoot: Do you know if the Chinese Garden would be free? That's the issue with the Japanese garden here - costs money and they don't allow external lighting equipment like we used for Sarah's shoot (which I want to make more use of this time). Hopefully, I am not working retail by then and have the weekend off and will be able to get a couple days off before then. Hard to know right now, though.

Amano Drawing: Of course the FF6 fanbase, while smaller, may be hardcore because many want to prove to the people that started with FF7 than FF6 is better (so it seems). If we were to do Project FF6, then making it happen around the launch of the remake would make most sense. Of course, I'd like to find the main cast including Cid (yellow vinyl raincoat, lol) and Leo. I guess all three geographic landscapes are present here in the northwest.

Workout: Walking is pretty nice. I agree, I need to start doing some more elliptical. May apartment complex has an elliptical I just need to start when I'm ready to do it on a routine without quitting.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #1829
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Sorry for dbl, Coscom froze on doing the whole post

@Seifer, ctd.

Armor: I'll probably have Spencer or someone help with the leg and arm armor. As for the wonderflex, I usually have been cutting darts to make the shape and filling them in. Is that what you did for Youko?

Goddesses: She did a good job on the drawings and nice designs from both of you. Nayru has always been my favorite of the three. Maybe because she is blue. As for NoA, I've seen a few others have LoZ cosplay pics around there. Speaking of NoA, I really wish I could get a job there.

Fixes: The problem with wigs are that mistakes are irreversible, usually. I guess I should just get some cheap party city wigs to practice on. As for Zidane, the raised edge was what I was talking about. Right now I have two strips of vinyl folded over at the edge and attached with wrong side facing each other. So, I went through 4 layers of vinyl, which as putting a test on my sewing machine. As for a fabric tube, were you thinking vinyl, or some other fabric the same color. While it's more difficult, I think that route would look better. Once I do that, I'll need to do boot covers again. I'll ask about that when the time comes.

Parents / Cons: That's cool about your family festivities. Do you have a big family? Mine is pretty small and dispersed all over the country . As for the fish market, it's pretty cool for tourists to see. If you did come up early, we could all go to there after the shoots if you wanted. It's actually really close to where SC is held. Space Needle is alright too, but it's really expensive now to go up. For some reason, Japanese immigration / customs was super nice and telling me to enjoy my stay. I don't know if you had the same experience.

Your Dissidia update: So for Terra, you had one wig as the base and one as the pony tail, right? How do you actually attach the two wigs together? Is the Zelda wig for the SS version?

@MDA - 2014 is pretty long away right now. What kind of venue is AN held at? How big is the con?

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-17-2012 at 02:15 AM.
Unread 07-17-2012, 02:18 AM   #1830
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Hi guys. I'm in SoCal and I've never gotten to have an actual Dissidia group yet, I only had my Tidus for a few hours at Fanime. But if anyone wanted to get a Dissidia group together give me a shout.

-Forever Alone Jecht T_T

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote