Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1831
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@MDA: I will, someday! xD I just need to find one that I want to do that work with haha!

@Nefer: You know, sometimes I think you are more hyper than me.. x'D *SWEAT DROPS* lol do you need an icepack for that facepalm? xD And yes, Welcome to Palamecia Firion. xD And no pressure at all for making that cosplay!! seeing how you crank out these Dissidia cosplays and make them so well, I know that Firion will already be epic. OoO ..I'm jealous lol.
And yes, it's a new Emperor picture! Before I repaint my staff back into gold, I wanted a few more pictures of the cosplay while the staff was still black. XD so ya! hehehe!

@FinalEvangelion: Hahaha! I have a major sweet tooth too! Though I don't have a lot of sweet things around my house all the time.... Perhaps that's a good thing!

As For AN, I think that's the con I told you last time about which is Anime North. (That really big venue with over 3 hotels hosting convention, huge outdoor space where most of the cosplay and photography happens and is overflowing with cosplays and con goers...) It's a very big con. http://www.animenorth.com/live/ The Toronto Congress Centre and the Doubletree Hotel are like the the main venue buildings (like, where the masquerades are held at and the dealers room) But ya.

@Seifer-sama: Well that's good then! And hahaha... Emperor photobombing? Somehow I can see that. xD

@Tifaia: UWEEEEEE!!! 8D *chomps on cookie with googly looking eyes and crumbs fly everywhere*

@StabbityBlkMage: Hello Sir Jecht! My goodness, you look so much like him!! O___O It's rare to find Jecht cosplayers! Oh man, if I didn't live so far away I would TOTALLY join you for a Dissidia group as Emperor! D: Chaos Warriors unite!

Last edited by Liliana : 07-17-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #1832
Nefer
Silver fox

@FinalEvangelion: Well if plans are still the same...which seems to be since I just asked her on msn, theorically Liliana is still cosplaying Cecil the sunday of Anime North 2014 yes ^^ ...good luck with the scales, there's a lot to make... As for Kain, he's a cosplay in planning, since I have to finish all my 2013 cosplay first, aka Rosa pass before Kain for that ^^; But I started buying stuff for him slowly but surely, shall be started around August 2013 or something like that... Though from what I can tell, the armor will be less constricting that my other armors, aka no horns-of-doom-sticking-from-everywhere-for-no-apparent-reason-but-been-a-pain. As for AN, Liliana already answered but I guess I could add that's it's a attendees cap of 20,000 people, but there's a lot of people just wandering around the con outside without a pass lol.

@Seifer-sama: Minwu is a great character! Even though you only get to have him in your party for a short period of time, he's still in my top 5 characters of ff2 ^^ Oh right, gotta say this, but one of my friend is a big fan of your Terra, so congrats on that, your cosplay is amazing (she's making Terra herself and a big fan of the character as well).

@MDA: ...ya it did...probably because I once again hurted myself while wanting it to be realistic... ^^; ...as long as you guys don't ask me to record a 'falling on top of the stairs' sound for the next skit...because you know I probably would try to x'D

@StabbityBlkMage: Wow...Awesome Jetch! You can compete with Phil on that O.O Awesome cosplay work!

@Liliana: ...even though it's almost a miracle...who knows...perhaps I may be...once in a while, then you take over on the 'hyperness' XD ...Hmm...let's just hope we won't both be hyper at AN2014 then, otherwise....Havoc is coming O_O ...and naw, I heal quickly :P ...and stop saying that please, I mean if you do, then at least accept the fact that you're the best Emperor ever! *cough* (seriously, there's nothing to be jealous about, WoL, Sephiroth AND Laguna all need to be retouched when it comes to dissidia cosplays afterall ^^; ). And ah ok! xD Bet it will take a good while until you paint it black again eh? ^^; ...and I was scared for a sec that you'd want to get to San Diego here x'D I can try to drive to Otakon next year if we're lucky, but to California...my mother will tie me down on a post to prevent me from driving that much and my dad will be cheering me on -_-;

...no dissidia work as usual... hopefully in august I can retouch WoL and the tiny retouch Laguna needs to be ok to me...

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:59 AM   #1833
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Yays! I just think it's safer to test everything as much as possible. I almost always make a mock up pattern of my costumes out of muslin before I even attempt the real thing. I would much rather mess up cheapo fabric than my real stuff. :P

@ FinalEvangelion:

Weather: Actually yes, Mt. Shasta is the town 30 miles south of me. I can see it out my kitchen window. :P Small world. I actually felt really bad for the ski park this year. They were closed all the way until February because he wasn't snowing at all. I think that's the worst I have ever seen it.

Location: Ha ha I am the embroidery converted! Join the dark side, or something like that. I think embroidery is awesome though and I am sure it will look great on your Gestahl. I am so excited to see you start working on it!!

Photoshoot: Dang, well I just looked it up and it looks like the one in Portland has a fee... It sounds like you would have to rent the garden out... stupid. Although I guess you could write to the garden if you wanted to be sure. If it makes any difference, the San Francisco Japanese Gardens did allow us to wear costumes and external lighting is also allowed. It's only 5-10 dollars to get in too!

Amano Drawing: I think it might be worth a try... I do agree though, we would need all of the main cast. I am sure though and people would love to see the obscure characters that are never cosplayed!! It's something to think about for sure. I would totally be in on it if we had enough people involved. Do you happen to know when they are launching the remake? If at all?

Workout: I agree. I feel like I have a good start, but that I need to step it up a notch pretty soon if I want to see some real results.

Armor: I didn't actually cut darts for anything except the breastplate and even then it came out wrinkly. I usually just mash it into whatever shape I want and worry about the folds after. :P

Goddesses: I will let her know you said so! We have actually been adding onto these designs, so I am hoping the finish product will be even better. Ha ha! Nayru has also been my favorite too. I guess I just like blue too. :P Oh many a job at Nintendo would be so awesome!

Fixes: I agree with wigs... but the nice thing is, if you have extra wefts and cut something too short, you can always add a weft. There really isn't a substitute for just working with them and getting used to them though. I think getting some cheapy wigs and practicing is the best you can do! As for the belts and the fabric tube, I did mean vinyl. I think it would match best. I think you would have to sew it to the belt first and then stuff it. Like those old school vinyl couches.

Parents / Cons: Hmm my family isn't too huge, at least not on my mum's side. My family just lives up and down California actually. :P Hey I would totally be cool with seeing some fun touristy stuff!! I think it would be a lot of fun. We really wanted to go up in the needle too, we checked it out last year and we were surprised by the price, but now that we know, we are prepared for it.

Your Dissidia update: You are correct about the wig. The base wig you turn into a stub, which looks like a Japanese topknot. You glue wefts to a foamcore, hollow out the inside, and it makes the actual ponytail once you attach them together. And yes! I am working on Skyward Zelda. I am so excited!!

@ StabbityBlkMage: What part of Southern California? If I am ever in the area I would be interested in some Dissidia shoots. I only have my Terra costume though, if that's okay.

@ Liliana: I can see it too! Ha ha!

@ Nefer: I loved Minwu so much, it made me sad he was only in the game for a short time. I will do my best to do him justice!! And wow, really, your friend is that big of a fan of my Terra costume?? Wow, tell her thank you and good luck on her own costume. I am usually so surprised when anyone specifically likes mine, there are so many other really talented Terras.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 07-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 12:44 PM   #1834
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Final - It's in the Toronto Congress Centre, Double Tree Hotel, Radisson Hotel, aand all the space in-between. It's huge @_@ - around 30,000 this year.

@Lil - xD

@Nefer - I don't think we'll ever ask you to do that sound effect. We'd sooner download one

@Seifer - I just straight make it. Though I've never had problems yet - Kuja didn't even have test-runs. Rider... not necessary since it had to be smaller than me (spandex :P)
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #1835
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Weather: That's too bad about the Ski resort, but it sounds like you got a nice view from your house. Do you ski / snowboard? I used to in MT, but it's expensive now.

Gestahl: Once I'm completely done with Cecil, I'll be starting on him. I really want to do my best with makeup to look older for this character, so I don't look like a young Gestahl. I'm excited to get started on it as well.

Photoshoot: That's too bad about their tea garden. You have to rent the park out? That's insane! So they close it to other tourists during that time? San Francisco could work if we went to Fanime early or stayed later.

Amano drawing: Once I get my job situation figured out, then I might try to recruit some people into this project. I guess an FB page and a posting here and if I ever get my arse to making my Deviant Art account more alive would be places to get people into it. As far as the remake, nothing announced yet. I'm just guessing it will be on 3DS someday after FF5 is done. We'll see.

Workout: More dog walking today. Tomorrow, I'll try to get to the elliptical. Or should I say, I will get to the elliptical to have more determination.

Armor: Do you have any problems with having a layer of craft foam underneath the wonderflex and mashing it together. That's the only issue I could see is that the foam doesn't mash together as well. I've been using masking tape to make patterns. For the first piece of the pauldron, I taped a bunch of tape over the styrofoam and then pulled it off and cut darts to flatten it out. Seems to be working so far. I could do that with legs and arms. Maybe painters tape to make it less painful.

Goddesses: Nintendo is a pretty tough place to get in. I'm sure many would love to work there.

Fixes: I remember my days of wearing a Party City wig for Zidane during my early cosplay times. Wigs are definitely an important part of the costume. I need to style the wig now for Zidane sometime (in my profile pic), but I'm worried about messing up since I had to get it in a shop in Reno on a drive from Montana to Fanime.

Parents / Cons: That's cool they all live closer by. My family is in Montana, California, Oklahoma, Texas, and a few other places. And I wouldn't mind going up the needle again. There are eating places (a fancy rotating one and a couple less fancy ones in the observation deck). Also a Starbucks just like Austin Powers Might as well do the touristy stuff once for as many times as you have been here.

Your Dissidia update: Thanks for the info. Do you think that would work for King of En wig? Do you actually sew the foamcore with thick needle and thread to the thing that goes on your head (don't know the term)?

In addition to what Nefer said, several of my friends who played FF6 / Dissidia that I showed the pics from the shoot to after SC also thought your Terra costume was one of the best they have ever seen as well as with Sabin and Edgar. You should definitely be proud of that costume. It's probably as SE would imagine it exactly in real life. Minwu is the white mage from that game, right? I admit, I haven't played it yet.

@Liliana - I have to do the same thing. I don't keep sweets around my house or I'll not fit in any of my costumes anymore. When I eat at Subway, I have a hard time passing up the cookies, though.

@Lil, MDA, and Nefer - Anime North sounds huge. Would I need to get my pass way in advance to guarantee a spot in? How are they in y'all's experience about weapons and such? The little con I went to in Canada this last weekend didn't allow any weapons. So I guess Sunday It's Cecil, then. I'll probably have to drive there if I'm doing that. It's a 2500 mile (4000 km) drive. Didn't realize it was that far. But I would be able to visit one of my hometowns in Montana along the way.

@Nefer - Can't wait to see what Kain will look like when done. Rosa would be cool to bring as well, though.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #1836
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Final : With the attendance cap now in affect, you'd be better off booking close to the day its released (which is in January every year without fail) As for weapons, they actually encourage props, just you get them checked if you go into the TCC (hotels don't care really) and you don't hurt anyone or damage anything with them. Ask Nefer, she has to go to weapon's check every single year xD
Madness of Duke Venomania Kaito Shion (Vocaloid) [70%] | Blake Belladonna (RWBY) [100%] | God Tier Jake English (Homestuck) [100%] | Nightie Grell Sutcliff (Kuroshihtsuji) [100%] | Condesce (Homestuck) [100%]

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 10:30 AM   #1837
Nefer
Silver fox

@Seifer-sama: Indeed...The Ultima tome event? I just wanted to get up and shake the tv the 'wake' him up ^^;;; And yup, she is! You're the main cosplayer she mentionned when checking coscom at her place (I was helping her continue her Terra actually for a week before Anime North this year, even though she couldn't come to the con), more than Liliana's Terra lol. She said your embroidery was insane (in a good way lol). Plus, I guess the fact you both have kinda the same body shape helped in the balance x'D, for once a Terra that isn't as flat as a board upstairs (gah sorry every Terra who are, I don't mean it that way!!! O_O ).

@FinalEvangelion: It sounds huge, but it isn't THAT bad really, especially since you're not stuck inside but can actually walk around the hotels and the such, it help a great deal. Plus there are trees outside if it gets too warm ^^ And weapon wise, as long as you have no weapon made of metal you shall be fine, and well that you carry it wisely and not swing your weapon around (but that, I don't think I even needed to mention lol). Even gun replica are alright, they put a flashy plastic strap on it and that's it. For swords and the such they usually try to put one in the color fitting the most your weapon, and actually where you want it, AN weapon check staff are awesome for that compare to other cons that don't care about the color ^^. ...ouch for the driving, that's a LONG drive! ...and i'm trying to resists starting Kain to tell the truth lol, hopefully he will turn out the way I want...as for Rosa, uh.......*shifty eyes at Liliana* *cough* Depends how she turns out and if I don't want to hide behind a rock this february when wearing her I guess ^^; ...I could always bring her for the thursday/friday morning-afternoon...I'll have to see ^^ But Cyrennia will probably bring her pretty Rosa for the sunday

@MDA: ...I believe you can get your pre-reg money back if you send them an email soon enough before the con too, just in case January sounds a lot in advance (the con been in late may), and same for the hotels which you need to book like, a year in advance to have either the Radisson or Double Tree, aka the two closest to the con. .....and uh........ya I did actually xD Well apart from 2005 but that's irrevelant since I only went for a couple of hours the saturday (friend getting sick when 7-8 hours away from home isn't fun -_-; ). So far I had no problem, even with my 6'2 masamune as long as I carried it accordingly and not, well, pointing it straightfoward x'D. This year I can tell that a shield, a sword, a katana-like-sword with a shealth and a wooden claw all passed without any problem (it was bringing all of them there in one shot that was x'D).

...on that...if Reactine pills can actually start working and stop the stupid itching, I can actually go work on some cosplay for Otakuthon (even though I'm not theorically supposed to, but I don't care at that point)...*sigh* Better work soon...*twitch*

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #1838
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Wow you are much braver than I am. :P I am always so worried of messing something up if I don't have a mock up pattern.

@ FinalEvangelion:

Weather: Yeah I felt really bad for them. I wonder if that's one of the worst years they have ever had. I have only gone skiing actually. I only did once. It was fun though! But like you said, expensive.

Gestahl: I have found some pretty cool makeup tutorials on DeviantArt if you are ever have the time to look. How long do you expect Cecil to take?

Photoshoot: Yeah that is too bad. Maybe I misunderstood their policy. I don't see why we would have to rent out a park just to take a few pictures we won't be making money from. As for the SF one, that's a good idea. We may have to look into that! We will have Keiki ready by then too!

I found these three places just snooping around, not sure on fees or anything but wanted to run them passed you. Also, if we say we are art students dong a school project, do you think they would waive or perhaps lower any fees??

http://www.kubota.org/Garden%20images.htm
http://www.gardenvisit.com/garden/wa...apanese_garden
http://www.gardenvisit.com/garden/point_defiance_park

Amano drawing: If you want a Terra and a Sabin, let me know. I would love to be apart of something like this for one of my favorite games. I agree, a FB page, here, and DA would probably be your best publicity. If you had someone who could build a webpage that would be helpful too.

Workout: Did the Yoga yesterday. If I feel up to it, I might do the weight lifting stuff after work.

Armor: You mean the layering foam makes a crease when the wonderflex covers it? I almost always have that problem. But again, I just layer on the gesso to help disguise it. :P I like your idea of darts though. I am sure that would make the wonderflex look less chunky when you finish with it.

Fixes: Wigs are very important and very easy to mess up. I would get some clearance wigs to butcher! I am not sure if you have bought from them before but Arda Wigs has a nice selection of wigs for pretty good prices. Amphigory might have something too. Amphigory's shipping is pretty slow though, so order ahead of time if you do decide to go with them.

Parents / Cons: Wow your family is spread out!! That must be kind of tough. And yes, touristy stuff for sure next time we go there. And I am always up for going somewhere to eat. This last Sakuracon I made sure to hit a few Japanese restaurants while I was in the city. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 07-19-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Unread 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #1839
Seifer-sama

Sorry for the double post, I just got a weird error thing when I tried to post, so here's the continued rest of my post.

FinalEvangelion: Your Dissidia update: For the King of En, yes you will probably have to do an updo wig. Luckily, Kukki-san has an awesome tutorial. Also, I doubt En would need foamcore though, he has a ninja ponytail if I remember correctly. So you will need an under structure to help with the weight of the tail, but overall those are much easier than what I did for Terra. And just fwi, I glued my foam core to my wig, but I am sure you could sew it. Also, if it's too scary for you or Spencer, I might be able to help with the En wig, just let me know.

Here's Kukkii's tutorial: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1856065/

And thanks for what you said about my FF6 costumes (thank your friends too please). I really appreciate it. It's nice to know hard work has paid off. And yes, Minwu (I always knew him as Mindu) was the white mage from FF2. It will be interesting trying to pull that off. We will see what I can do. I am going to embellish the crap out of that costume!

And just a side note on the Subway cookies comment, I always buy cookies when I eat there!! They are so good!

@ Nefer: I know!! I wanted to keep in him my party!!! And wow, I am honored. Ha ha! Most people are pretty oh what's the word, shocked I guess, that I took the time to embroider it. I didn't mind though. I love Terra. And I had to laugh about the "not as flat as a board upstairs" comment. It's been one of my major worries in a lot of the cosplays I have picked. I know I am much bigger than most of the girls I cosplay, but it's about being characters you love and bringing them to life in your own way rather than looking just like the concept artwork. So I guess long story short, I am glad she is going to still cosplay Terra and that I might have helped with that decision.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 07-19-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Unread 07-18-2012, 02:35 PM   #1840
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@everyone: Hiiii~! I am still alive, I promise! I'm still working on Celes stuff, but it's become apparent that my job won't kick in before then end of the month, when the tickets for AFest go up to 50 bucks, and I'm not paying that much for a ticket... not to mention David wouldn't be able to go with, and he DOES NOT want me driving to Dallas by myself. -rolls eyes- So I'm not going to AFest, and I have NO clue when my next con will be. -pout-

Celes: Everything's coming along, I made the patches for the bodice, and am currently satin stitching them on. -headdesk- It's incredibly slow, and the one patch I managed by machine makes me CRINGE, and I can't pull it out without ruining the bodice. I still need to pattern out the big designs for the front/back detailing, and I can't put the dress bodice and skirt together until the detail work gets done.

Weather: It's been raining off and on since last week. Lots of stormy goodness. It's been rather nice actually... though a bit humid. I'm just glad I don't need any outside work done right now.

Workout: I need in on this. I think the doritos are getting to me, cause I'm getting a bit bigger in the waistline. -headdesk and stares at exercise bike- Anyone know any good ways to tone up the stomach really well?

@Seifer: OF COURSE your Terra is epic! I've been telling you that for ages. I still have a lot of work to do to get that awesome. I look forward to your Skyward Zelda and your goddesses too! ^.^ Are you doing Zelda's normal outfit or the maiden dress?

@Final: Kukkii's tutorial is how I learned to do my updo wigs for Terra. It's very clear and easy to use. It's just the matter of getting the nerve to work with it, which is sometimes harder to do. ^.~ but honestly, It's not that hard. It's just important to take it one step at a time.

@Lil: Sweets are my downfall. -stares at belly- I can't help myself... Which leads to the workouts I need to do.... -pout- Such a vicious cycle.

@everyone else: -waves- I hope things are going well everybody!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2012, 11:32 PM   #1841
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefer View Post
@~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: .....wait a second there....don't tell me.....oh god...Canada is Palamecia???? Meaning I'm stuck in Palamecia then???? O_O ....unless I'm stuck in the labyrinths...gah, where's Deumion when you need him??? *shakes fist in the air* ...oh, and good luck restarting ffx-2, I'd probably try to kill something if I had to redo the 100 dungeon (whatever the official name was, my brain is apparently boycutting it xD).
Love for Deumion *drools excessively*
hahaha wasn't it something to do with Yvon tower or something...
I can't remember complete mind fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liliana View Post
@El3KtRa: Empy's land!! xDD *laughs*
*GASPS!* OH NOOO..!! All your memory cards?! That's awful! Are you sure you don't have them..? maybe they are kicking around somewhere... Gah, as a hardcore gamer myself, that is just too sad. At least you have all of your FF's though... yay for starting from FF 1 and up again? ^^; You can enjoy those storys all over again! I find when I play a FF for a second or third time, I understand and see more new things that I missed playing them the first time around.
All of them T_T
they could be in another box somewhere in the spare room...
I didn't unpack the games when we moved... I should have though
but luckily I'm moving again in a few weeks so hopefully they'll turn up soon
Haven't gotten up to the point of needing a memory card yet still rocking on the PSP remakes... then I have the DS... then the ps1
Unread 07-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #1842
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Aww sorry to hear about your con. That's a real bummer. $50 is a lot for a ticket, especially since usually the ticket pays for little more than the Dealer's hall. Paying money to spend money... hmm...

Celes: Did my suggestion help you at all? I hope if not that you were able to figure something out. Those patches were so lovely I would hate for you to not be able to use them. The one patch that's frustrating you, you can't carefully seam rip it of the bodice?? Even if you poke a few holes, perhaps you can cover that up with another patch??

Weather: Oooh lucky you! I just love rain. It makes everything cool down and it smells so nice!! We only got one day of rain here, but hey, I will take what I can get!

Workout: Yays! Jump in, the more people talking about it, the more motivation there is going around! As for stomach toning, the fitness thread on here has a really good workout plan that I have been trying to follow. http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=214425 There is an ab workout video that is pretty hard, but if you slowly work at it, I am sure you will see results. And don't worry, sweets are my downfall too... I just love them cookies and cakes!!

My Terra: Aww thanks!! I am just self conscious. And I think yours is very cool as well, so don't knock it! :P And I am excited to do SS Zelda. I actually got a bit of the wig worked on yesterday. It's starting to look like something finally. :P Oh and I am doing her normal outfit, with the sailcloth. Did you finished SS by the way??

Kukkii's Tutorial: I know this wasn't directed at me, but I had to comment. It's so true!! it's really about working up the courage to start... It looks scary, but if you just go step by step, it's not so bad. :P

Slight Terra Cosplay Update: I think I need to buy another wig. I don't think I am going to get my foam core ponytail off the old wig without completely destroying it... So I guess that means I might have a green updo wig to sell! Woo!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:04 PM   #1843
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I am disappointed, especially since I'm gonna miss out on the chance to do a Slayers cosplay group with Tifa, but I just can't rationalize that kind of money. I might think about a day trip, but that would mostly be for the cosplay contest. I wanted to try Terra again, since it is becoming painfully obvious that Celes wouldn't be ready in time.

Celes: I made new patches that actually came out way better. I used my machine to satin stitch one of them on, and while it did the job, it fought me every step of the way, and there are some...not pretty parts. I have to do it by hand, and it's taking forever. As for the not pretty one, just seam ripping the old patch off gave me problems with the satin fabric. I'm scared what ripping this would do to it. This satin frays at the drop of a hat, it seems like.

Weather: Of course, it's been hot and sunny most of this week, and the usual. I keep thinking I wanna go out and do cosplay pictures, but I don't have anyone here who would be my camera monkey... at least not anyone who wouldn't totally stare at me like an idiot. -sigh- I wish I had a cosplay photographer here...

Workout: I suppose I can give it a try. I dunno how well I'll manage to stick with it... -stares-

Zelda: You bet I did! And squealed from the big reveal in the past all the way to the end. ^.^ I think my final time was 46 hours? I couldn't put it down! ^.^ and I think you'll look good in pink.

Tutorial: It is awesome, I'm just sick of making ponytails right now... even though I'm going to have to make one for Celes. -headdesk- I thought about just making a stub and getting a ponytail clip, but I dunno if there are any long enough! This is why I was supposed to be doing Beatrix and Zelda.... -sigh- Stupid cosplay obsessions...

Cosplay: Wait, you're selling your old Terra wig??? Why!? It's so gorgeous!!!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 07-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #1844
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Awww! Well maybe you can make a quick day trip and do the Slayers then?? You don't have to have a badge to get in right? Or do you not have time to do Slayers and a Terra contest?

Celes: Oh that's good that the new patches look better. I can understand how the by hand part would be pretty slow going though. Yikes though... I am not sure what else to suggest as far as getting the messed up one off. Is there anyway you can fix it so you don't have to pull it off?

Weather: Sometimes those nice sunny days are the best for photos! But you are right, finding someone to hold the camera is always a chore. I don't have any photographers near me either. I usually just force Eric to help me. :P

Workout: Sticking with it is tough, but I feel that starting it is always more difficult. I think once you start, you want to keep it up. At least, that's how it is for me. I always feel better after a walk/workout... and I want to keep feeling that way.

Zelda: I haven't finished it yet. I am so darn close though!! I just have one heart piece and the final boss to beat! It's really good though. I am enjoying it. I just have trouble with some of the controls. ^^; And thanks! I hope I do a decent job! I will post pictures as soon as I have something worth showing. :P

Tutorial: Hee hee, they are time consuming but I think the more you do, the easier they get. I know Chun-Li was much better than any of my previous wigs. She is soooo comfortable!! And Celes has an updo? Maybe I wasn't looking close enough? I guess I thought her hair was styled similar to Alice... wow if not, I really am oblivious. As for ponytail clips, I have seen some really long ones before. I know Arda has some. where did you get your wig from? And yays for Beatrix and Zelda!! I can't wait to start my Beatrix someday! Which Zelda are you going to do??

Cosplay: Yeah I am selling the base of the Terra wig. I will keep all the accessories. I realized after Fanime that I just can't wear her for too long. She hurts my head because I made the ponytail just a tad too small. I will fix that though with my new one! I also want to do a better job on the bangs to try and make them a little more accurate. I want that cute piece that sticks up t stay up! :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #1845
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: Mostly it's the fact that Terra and Lina are both hard to get into and require different make up, and it's a huge pain to go from one to the other. I'd need at least an hour and a half to change. -.-;

Celes: The messed up on isn't TOO horrible, it's just off enough to irk me. I'll take a picture once David gets home and post it on FB.

Weather: At least you HAVE someone to help. ^^;;;

Workout: Well, this slight pudge is irritating me, and I know if I don't do this, it'll look horrible when I do all the pretty, slender FF characters I wanna do. -stares at Rydia, Rosa, and Terra- I'm gonna go get a pullup bar today and we'll see how it goes. Edit: Lots of stretching, then 4 sets of 30 crunches and a 20 min interval workout on my stationary bike. I'm pooped! -.-;;;; -tired-

Zelda: Completionist much? lol I had to have David help with the boss run to get the Hylian Shield. It just didn't look right without it. ^^;; You're going to love the ending though. I can't wait to see pics!

Tutorial: You should be proud of Chun-Li. ^.^ I WISH I had something come out that well. ^^;; Celes's opera outfit has her hair up in a high ponytail. Not complicated, but considering I wanted a break from them, highly irritating. And finding a base wig I can work with and a long and thick enough extension in a color I like is a daunting task. -sigh- I'm probably going to have to foamcore this too, but finding matching fiber is a pain too! -headdesk- As for my Zelda, I'm doing maiden Zelda from A Link to the Past. Nice, simple, and easy to wear. ^.^ And I didn't want to have to embroider a tabard yet.

Cosplay: I loved your Terra wig. But I can understand lack of comfort, but updo wigs kinda hurt after a while no matter what you do, just from the sheer number of pins you've gotta stab into your head. -.-;; I kinda wish I had the moneys to buy your wig, but my job hasn't started yet. ^^;;;

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Last edited by Terra~Esper : 07-19-2012 at 03:48 PM.