Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-19-2012, 03:57 PM   #1846
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Aww I see. Most of my cosplays are like that too though, so I can understand. I guess you will just have to decide if you would rather wear Terra or Lina. There is always a chance to setup a Slayers shoot with Tifaia after the con too right?

Celes: Haha! Okay. Without seeing it, it's hard to assess the damage. I can totally understand off things driving you insane though. Maybe that's why wigs are so frustrating to me; every hair must be in it's place!

Weather: Good point... but couldn't you force David to help you? :P

Workout: Yeah I can understand. I would setup a good cardio workout and do that three times a week if you have the time. That should help you get to the weight you want. I would really like to tone up, probably not too much, no one wants a buff Terra right? :P

Zelda: Er yeah... I admit it... I must have 100% perfect.... I can't help it, it's an obsession of mine! :P Anyway, I am looking forward to finishing it. I hear good things about it!! As for the wig, I got some work done on my lunch, I think I will be able to finish the back this evening, but I am worried the wig might be too thin at the top, so I may have to make wefts. Ew... I hate making wefts!

Tutorial: Thank you!! Actually, I am super happy with Chun-Li. It's one of the more simpler costumes I have made, yet I am so happy with it... Go figure... Anyway, I hear you on wanting a break from updo's... I am lucky the one for Yoko was only a half one... I didn't have to stub it much at all and most of it is just held together with glue anyway because I am a cheater like that. Have you looked at Arda wigs before? I think they have a lovely blonde wig color you might like for Celes. They also have long and short wefts you can buy. I am thinking of maybe redoing the Figaro brothers with some of those! And yays for ALttP!! I was considering her princess dress at one point, but I am not sure where I will fit that one in, so we will have to wait and see. I can't wait to see pictures of yours though!! Not many people cosplay that version.

Cosplay: Aww thank you! I am really hoping I can make it even better so that it won't hurt as much. I would really love to be able to wear her for longer. I think Chun-Li is so nice because there is nothing to pull it in one direction, it's balanced as is, so you don't have to compensate with the wig pins. As for my Terra wig, what size is your head? If you wanted I can hold out on selling it until you are ready. Well that is if it will fit you.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-19-2012, 04:42 PM   #1847
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I could try, I suppose. It's more a matter of getting David to agree to take me to Dallas, then finding a good place, etc. -.-;;

Celes: I know what you mean. ^.^ Wigs irritate me the same way... Makes me wish I could use my real hair for more costumes. -.-;;

Weather: Ha! He couldn't take good pictures if his life depended on it, and he doesn't like cosplay anyway, so getting him to help would only be half baked. -.-;;;

Workout: Well, there's a balance between too much and not enough, but yeah, an overbuff Terra is bad. You want that lean muscle. To be honest, if I didn't break myself so often, I'd go back to my taekwondo class. It's a good workout, and gets a nice muscle tone going, while teaching self defense. I fully recommend it, especially for con going females, if you're looking for something like that. I can set you up with a good school too, if you want. ^.^

Zelda: God, I hate making wefts too. They always come out too big, and I lose half the fiber, AND I'm always terrified I'm going to jam the hell out of my machine! Progress pics though! Seriously, don't make me demand them. ^.^

Tutorial: I think Lil bought a ponytail wig from them for her Celes, but I need something longer than hers.... but I'll take another look. Maybe they do have something. As for the ALTTP, yeah I figured it was a rarer version, so I'm excited. Of course, that was supposed to be my summer project.... until Celes too over my brain. -.-;;

Cosplay: I'll go find my measuring tape and let you know? It might be a while though.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #1848
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@MDA and Nefer - Thanks for the info. It sounds like most of the cons I have been to as far as weapon policies. It will probably be the biggest con I go to, besides Tokyo Game Show - but that was more of a commercial venue than a regular con. I'm in the same situation with my Shoulder Pauldron of Doom. I was not looking forward to starting it. Now that I have, it's been better.

@Seifer

Weather: When I was in MT, I had student rates for skiing, which was much better. It's too much without that. But MT was amazing in terms of the terrain and snow for that.

Gestahl: If you have the links, I will save them for when I do Gestahl. I'm also wanting to do makeup with Cecil to make me paler and whiter - if that's possible. Being a guy, I don't know much about that. As for how long for Cecil. I'm hoping to be done by December or so, along with Pen Pen. Then I can start on Rakushun the last few moths before the con.

Photoshoot: Right now, I'm still trying to convince Spencer to go to Fanime. He's kind of gone back to not wanting to go again, unfortunately. I'm working on it though. I would like to check out that garden there, though.

Nice find on the gardens. I didn't know about Kubota or the park in Tacoma. I did look at the Aboretum earlier, though. That requires $6 entrance, $75 yearly photog membership, and no tripods or light stands. I'll look at the other two, though. That may work to say we are students. I still kept my student ID (I admit, I use it for movies still).

Amano Drawing: If I do start the page, I'll list you two down as Terra and Sabin. Spencer as Shadow and Myself as Gestahl. As far as a web page, I do know people that can design web pages. I'm not sure they would do it for free, though. I would like to find someone that would do it for the sake of the project.

Armor: So do you layer the wonderflex on top of the foam first and then shape it? That's what I wondering if the foam underneath gets all bunched up when doing that. The darts are working pretty well so far. They have to be filled in with Bondo or Gesso, but that's not too bad.

Fixes: I never ordered from Arda, but I have with Amphigory. I remember having to do it quite a bit ahead of time. My Duke and Cecil wig is from this site, though. Did you get Terra's wig from one of those sites?

Parents / Cons: Well, I have been on planes quite a bit for seeing all my family and I don't see them too often. As for eating places, I know quite a few more on this side of the lake than downtown. Do you remember any of the names of the Japanese restaurants? I'm always looking for more places to eat when I am in downtown time to time with friends.

FF6 Costumes: I will let them know. One was from Japan. I remember having to explain how Tina and Mash are called Terra and Sabin here. But, TBH, I like the name Terra more than Tina. Tina sounds too generic - which is why they probably changed it here. The up close embroidery shots really show the quality and detail of work that went into Terra. It looks better than any machine I have seen do it. As for Minwu, I'm sure you will pull him off great as with all your costumes.

If you are selling the wig, I'm sure you will have no problem finding someone to buy it off of you.

Today I went to subway, and resisted the cookies. It was difficult.

@Terra and Seifer -

Tutorials: Thanks for the information about the tutorial. It does look fairly complicated as well. I'm sure with some time, I can figure this out. With Zidane, it was lower pony tail, so I just had to tie the wig itself. If I ever redo Raven from ToV, I may want to do the updo as well - http://plus4chan.org/b/cog/src/133133880951.jpg

Weather: Well, I'm actually ready for it to rain here. It seems I'm allergic to everything under the sun (literally) in this region. The rain brought everything down. Our rain is just very steady and constant. None of these cool storms like I remember from Texas - although we did have a few the other day.

I've been wanting to find more cosplayers for photoshoots around here as well as a photog.

Workout: I really need to get a flatter stomach as well. My favorite cosplay right now is Zidane, which is not very forgiving of that area with that white tank top between the green vest and blue pants. And Cecil is as thin as a string it seems. I am borrowing a bike now from a friend which I will ride to work and back 8 miles away. Save on gas and give me more exercise at once.

Zelda: I'm behind and still on Twilight Princess here. I'm playing the Gamecube version because I couldn't get used to the Wii controls (I swapped the games) and plus I'm usually physically lazy when playing games. Are the controls better in SS as far as that's concerned. I know it uses motion +, which will probably help a lot.

@Terra - If I lived nearer, I would definitely help get some photos. Although, as Seifer knows, my photoshoots tend to get a bit silly and fun.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-19-2012 at 05:04 PM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #1849
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Ha ha well make him! Convince him this is your sanity at stake!!

Celes: Oh man i so wish I could use my real hair. The only character who has a color close to mine needs my hair to be 70 feet long. So not happening....

Weather: Ha Ha! Well you never know... He might have a hidden photography talent. :P

Workout: That is very true! Really, I just want to feel fit again. I don't want to have huge muscles or anything... Well it might be better for Chun-Li but I think I will pass. I actually took Tae Kwon Do a few years ago (in High School) and I really liked it. That's cool that you took it too! I think it's a good idea for all women to have a basic self defense class. So do you know of a good school in my area?

Zelda: Me too!! The last time I tried my sewing machine ate it like it was a cookie!! I was freaking out because all the fibers were weaved into my machine... And like you said, they come out clumpy or thing... bleh... I cannot find a happy medium with those things! And I promise pictures, I swears!!

Tutorial: Yeah I would just check them out. They changed stock a bit, maybe now they will have what you need. As for ALttP Zelda, I see. Ha ha! I do the same thing too. Cosplay plans are always changing. I just added Mia out of the blue, but I totally have to cosplay her!

Cosplay: No problem. Just let me know.

@ FinalEvangelion:

Gestahl: Ah I don't have the links here, but I will look for them later this evening. There are lots of things you can do with makeup though. Ben Nye has a nice color Cake Foundation in all sorts of colors. I hope you are able to get all this stuff finished, you are pretty busy!!

Photoshoot: Aww! Fanime is awesome! Who wouldn't want to go?? Hopefully you can change his mind.

As for the other gardens, they were so pretty and I thought they might work too. Hopefully we will find one that might budge a little on the fees. We aren't rich people!! I shoudl have kept my Student ID!! Actually.... I don't even know if I ever had one...

Amano Drawing: Actually... I talked to Eric last night and he agreed that if my brother didn't want to be Edgar anymore, he would take that role and currently, we are going to try and convince Eric's brother to be our Sabin! So we might have two brothers that actually ARE brothers! Woo! Imagine that! And everyone counts so glad to have you and Spencer on board. As for the webpage, we can work out the kinks later. :P

Armor: Oh! So my methods sort of change depending on the shape. For easy things like gauntlets and greives, I wonderflex the shape while it's laying flat and then shape it to fit my leg. For things like breastplates, the funfoam is already in the base shape and I heat on the wonderflex and shape while adhering the two together.

Fixes: I like Amphigory for it's wide selection but Arda ships faster and has some nice colors. My Terra wig I actually bought off of eBay. If it weren't for me loving that color, I would have ordered elsewhere, it's a very thing and difficult to work with wig.

Parents / Cons: That's too bad you don't get to see them much. As for places we ate, I think we ate at Izakaya... I think that's what it was called. Their Tempura Udon was soooo yummy!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 07-19-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Unread 07-19-2012, 06:33 PM   #1850
Seifer-sama

The posting game....

Final continued:

FF6 Costumes: I actually know a little about this. In Japan she was called Tina because that is a rare/exotic name there. When it came over here, it was too generic for her, so they changed it to Terra a less common name. So props for trying to keep her exotic! I like Terra better personally as well. And thanks for the compliment on the embroidery, I am so happy with the end result! I hope i can pull off Minwu, we will see. Thanks for the confidence though!

Subway: You are stronger than me... I cannot and will not resist. :P

Tutorials: No problem! I think you and I did the same thing for the Zidane and Edgar wigs. I just added a tail at the bottom. :P As for that other character, wow! Spike city! Yeah it looks like an updo though.

Weather: Uhg allergies, that sucks. Most of my family suffers from them. Here's hoping for more rain!

Workout: A bike is a great idea. That should be really good cardio for you. Not sure if you saw the link I gave Terra, but he seems to have a good and easy routine to follow if you are interested.

Zelda: I love TP, so you are forgiven. SS has really difficult controls, at least in my opinion. The theory was the way you swing the Wii mote is how Link will swing, it didn't always work like that for me. In fact, more often then not he would do the exact opposite. And in a game where you have to cut specific ways to kill monsters, it can get super frustrating really fast. I prefer a controller any day!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-19-2012, 07:51 PM   #1851
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Final: Good luck with the bike. 8 miles in the city AND resisting cookies? You are far braver than I. I'll have to cut back on the sweets, but I can't get rid of them completely. And don't feel bad, I played TP on the GameCube too. I didn't have any major problems with SS, I only needed David for the Shield run because he's better at NOT getting hit and you can't have potions for that part. ^^;; And I WISH you did live nearer! I need a photog who knows what the hell I'm cosplaying!!!! -headdesk-

@Seifer: I seriously doubt that David has ANY photog talent. ^^;;; It's just not gonna happen...

Workout: Really!? I didn't know that! ^.^ What school did you go to, and what belt were you? Since you're somewhere in Cali, I don't PERSONALLY know a school, but the overall branch of taekwondo I took is called the ATA, American Taekwondo Association. It's a very good system, and I personally LOVE my teachers here in Texas. But here's the website: http://ataonline.com/ and they have a school locator, so there might be something close to your Area. My instructors' Master has a school up north of San Diego though if you're in that area. I'd suggest him, to be honest, but be warned, he's a tough Master.

Zelda: When I had problems with SS controls, I just turned the remote upside down in my hand. Worked like a charm. Especially for Girahim. -grin- I hope your wefting comes out okay though, if you end up needing more.

I'll go find David's pad now and post the Celes picture I promised you. Give me a few and I'll have it posted on FB.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)

Last edited by Terra~Esper : 07-19-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #1852
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer : I have my mom guiding me through most of my constructions... only ones she had no hand in were my steampunk faery, Velvet, and she won't in CoD (who is on hold till after Otakuthon)

@Final : AN is a pretty tolerant con. It has it's policies of course like no live firearms or replica weapons, etc. Which is understandable. I even get the whole "no water guns" thing. Only issue I think people have is that at odd intervals throughout the day, you have to start shouting for next person to hear you as the convention is pretty much right next to the airport.

And I came to a decision today. As a means of using up the remainder of the velvet that I bought for Kuja, I may make yet another cosplay of him - fewer details though.
I haven't decided if it will be his damaged version at the end of IX that we see for a few minutes, or a Halloween design (I love designing Halloween costumes). I'm trying to come up with ways to use up fabric (I have soo much and it's piling up like crazy), and making another Kuja was the only thing I could come up with for the purple stretch velvet. Less issues second time around I hope xD

Btw, Cloud of Darkness is on hold until after Otakuthon (so August 7th will be the soonest I can get back to work on her)

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2012, 01:47 AM   #1853
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Gestahl: When ever you do find the links, that will be cool. Ben Nye was what I was thinking of for making my face a bit more pale for Cecil. Another Question about makeup. I noticed you did your eyebrows green for Terra. What did you do for that? I will need to make mine white probably for Cecil.

As far as getting it all done, I need to step up my game a bit on working on this stuff. Although it's difficult with work and finding new work right now as other focuses in life. I guess I should just set some time aside every day for doing cosplay projects. Gotta do fun stuff too (like cosplay projects), right? Not much time for playing Twilight Princess, though - but no rush for that.

Photoshoot: He thinks Fanime is too big. But, Sakura-con isn't really much smaller (if not bigger). I don't see the issue.

I guess most photographers are doing senior portraits and weddings at these places. We should go with the whole "starving artist" attitude when we do these shoots. You all are trying to make it as costumers, I'm trying to make it as a photographer, etc - as far as the park admins are concerned. The fee is there so the photographer can sell his/her work - not what we are doing.

Amano Drawing: Actually... That would definitely be cool if we can get real brothers to do the Figaro brothers' cosplay. I don't think I could convince my twin to cosplay for the life of me (not into anime or video games at all). I'm wondering who we can convince to do characters like Strago and Banon. We could probably get some of the espers like Shiva, though.

Armor: I understand now. That makes sense. I posted some of my methodology (masking tape method) on Facebook last night with the Pauldron of Doom. I finished the three base layers for it - now have to decorate it up and add the spike.

Fixes: That's very true about Amphigory. I got my first Raven wig from that site as well - which I just put in a pony tail but didn't look quite as good as doing the updo method.

Parents / Cons: I probably won't be seeing my parents for quite a while now. I will have to try that place out. There is also Blue C Sushi all over the area where they hang lots of anime artwork and stuff. Did you go to one of those as well?

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 07-20-2012, 01:49 AM   #1854
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Seifer, continued

FF6 Costumes: Yep. That's what I heard. I think it was Ted Woolsey that decided this. He also made Kefka more of a comical villain during the translation, like adding the "self help booklet" line at the end or "Opera Floozy", etc. I wish they could make games like FF6 again. I was pretty emotionally involved with that game compared to most others.

As for embroidery, have you thought about doing a panel on it? I think you could definitely do that.

Weather: Well, September is when the 9 months of rain is supposed to start. Except for Sakura-con. I think you bring the sun here or something. Rained intensely before SC and then started again the day after SC.

Zelda: Well, I'm slowly going through TP with everything else going on right now. I do have SS on my backlog right now, though. Yeah, I wish Nintendo just packed the classic controller in there from the beginning. I think that's what they are trying to do with the WiiU, but I'm not sure. As for Twilight Princess, I do think the design for Princess Zelda in that is the best one out of the series. Definitely the most royal looking with lots of nice details. BTW, nice job on the Skyward wig as well (saw it last night on FB).

Workout: I'll be riding it tomorrow for a bit and then go to work on Saturday with it. When I biked all over Japan, I got thin really fast. Also, the food selection was better. I'll look into that link after I post here.

@Terra - I think the only advantage of the Wii version is that it's widescreen so the sides aren't cut off. It was strange that they mirrored all the maps between the two games. As a photog, I do like it when I know about the characters that are being cosplayed. Then at least I can assist in the poses and setting up the scenery.

@MDA - Ok. That's good. So is everything in French and English there, since it's somewhat close to Quebec? That's good if you are able to use a remainder of fabric for projects. I'm having lots stacking up and taking up room. right now

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-20-2012 at 01:52 AM.
Unread 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #1855
Seifer-sama

@Seifer:

Photography: Have you ever posted on the forums here looking for photographers? I have had a little bit of luck there and met some really nice people.

Workout: I didn't get very far in that class, just to white belt. I did take Jujitsu for a a few years and made it to blue. I stopped doing Martial Arts after I graduated from school though, I just don't have a lot of free time right now but maybe sometime soon I wouldn't mind picking it back up.I will look into that site though for sure, so thanks!!

Zelda: No way! Ha ha! i never tried that. I might have to now. :P The Girahim fights were a pain too... And I actually didn't have to make any wefts, I found a few leftovers and so I just sewed them in instead.

I think I saw your Celes... maybe not, I will check when I get home.

@ MDA: I see! That's awesome. My mom can't sew at all... :P I love the idea of battle damage Kuja! But a Halloween costume sounds really cool too! I look forward to seeing what you choose to do.

@Seifer -

Gestahl: I have used this one before:
http://mktoxic.deviantart.com/art/Ma...torial&qo =20
I am not sure if it's quite what you are looking for... but maybe it can be a good place to start.
I also found this too. I am not sure if it applies to Cecil though: http://kitsunesqueak.deviantart.com/...torial&qo =13

I think what I might do, is ask Eric if he can help me write up a tutorial for you for old age. He was in theater for a few years, so I am sure he has some good tips.

It's hard sometimes to find motivation for everything. I usually try to work on something a little bit everyday if I can. It doesn't always happen, but slowly chipping away at something makes me feel accomplished. As for games, who has time for that?? :P

Photoshoot: I have to agree. I think Fanime and Sakura are really close to the same size.

I have to agree about the starving artist approach. We aren't looking to make any money from these, we are just making art. So hopefully these gardens will loosen up a bit on those fees...

Amano Drawing: Good news, Eric's brother DID agree to it! Yays! They almost look llike twins anyway, so it works. And wait, do you have a twin?? That's awesome. As for the other characters, I think once we start gathering people, you might be surprised who volunteers for what.

Armor: I saw your armor! I thought it looked really good. It looks like you have very few creases too. I can't wait to see these finished.

Parents / Cons: I never did go to the Blue C place... I wonder if they may have been crowded or something... I will check them out next time though!

FF6 Costumes: Ha! I love it. The comical Kefka really adds more to that character. And I agree, I would love to see more games like FF6. It's proof that graphics are not as important as story and characters.

An embroidery panel?? I uhh... might be too shy for that. ^^; Plus what would I say??

Weather: Ha ha ha! Well you don't have long to wait for the rain. It will be here before you know it. As for Sakuracon, that's two years in a row it did that. I am not sure if I am to blame, but it was totally weird!

Zelda: I really wish you could use the classic controller for SS... it might have been, no scratch that, I am certain it would have been less frustrating for me if they had. And I agree, I love Zelda's TP design. It certainly makes her look more like Queen Zelda than a Princess. Which is cool. And thanks for the compliment about my SS wig!! Speaking of wigs, I am going to try and fix up my TP wig this weekend. That's the goal anyway.

Workout: I walked a bit yesterday but not much other than that. I will go for a longer walk tomorrow. I really need to weight lift but I am so tired after work and can't seem to force myself to wake up any earlier. Such a vicious cycle.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #1856
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Final : AN is primarily English, but there is a little bit of French - I know this since I'm the only one in my group who is from Ontario, the rest are from Québec. But with it being in Toronto, you can get all sorts of languages - though English is still the primary.

@Seifer : My mom has sewn for about 40 years Which proved helpful the last few years since it was that she did most of the sewing on my cosplays - now I do all of it unless it's something quite difficult - she helped with Kuja's shoulders and shoulder armour.

Yeah battle damage Kuja is at the very end of IX, and I really want to try it. Though I do wonder what I could do with a Halloween version...

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2012, 10:30 PM   #1857
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Makeup: Thanks for those links. Which one did you end up using the male transformation on? I think the 2nd one will be the best for Cecil since I need to go more feminine with his face. It does look like there is some kind of eye makeup looking at the pics and his eyebrows look black. I never really used makeup for cosplays (as a guy), but maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for guys to as well.

That would be great if you could ask Eric, although there is no rush since I won't be getting to that stage in Gestahl for quite a while. Probably some others around here on coscom or in the cosplay community in general wouldn't mind a tutorial for that as well.

As for motivation, I'm trying to set some time aside to do my cosplay projects. A lot of times, though, I end up going many hours beyond what I wanted to do once I get started on a part of a project. Don't know if that happens to you or not. Games? No time for that now.

Photoshoot: The best situation would be if there was and otaku or someone who appreciates anime, games, and cosplay on the staff that would allow it to happen.

FF6 group: Awesome that you got them to agree to do the Figaro twins! Does Eric's brother go to the cons with you guys as well? I do have a fraternal twin. Some people say we look alike. I'm not sure I agree, though. I will have to figure out a name for this group. It turns out the 20th Anniversary is on April 2nd, 2014 I found on Wiki just now. Maybe it could be themed around that somehow?

Armor: Thanks for the compliment! It looks like I will need to add a 4th smaller layer to that pauldron after studying the art work a bit. I'll just need to glue the pieces together so they don't come apart mid-con somehow.

FF6: At some point, Square Enix became obsessed with visuals over other aspects of the game. Maybe having sprites and primitive graphics also left more to the imagination like reading a book over watching the movie.

As for embroidery panel, I'm pretty shy to on those kinds of things as well. I don't think I could do a panel, tbh.

Weather: Well, it did rain this weekend. I was really happy about that. Was 2011 your first SC? People say I bring snow where ever I go. When I moved here, the next day it snowed over a foot - so I don't know.

Zelda: Most of the Wii games I got this generation allowed use of the classic controller or GC controller. I played Brawl using the GC controller. I hope Ninty puts the option for classic controller to be used again for most games. For TP Zelda, I really like the armor, purple vest, and tabard. It does make her look like a queen. Nice work on the Groose wig as well - that must have taken some work to get the front to spike like that.

Workout: Didn't do riding like I said because it was raining and was feeling a bit sick to my stomach today. But I did get to walking the dog some more. Whenever I say I'm going to wake up earlier, extra sleep always sounds good when my alarm goes off. As for martial arts, I did start Iaido while in Japan (Katana training, basically). It was alot of fun. I would like to continue it if I could.

@MDA - I see. Even in BC, most official signs were in French and English, but once in the con - it was all English. The dealers even said they would take American money as long as it was exact change.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-23-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Unread 07-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #1858
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: That's awesome about your mum. Like I said, mine isn't very crafty. Hee hee. As for your Kuja, I would draw out a Halloween design and compare it to the battle damage and see which you think would be most fun for you.

@ FinalEvangelion:

Makeup: You are welcome! I actually used the male transformation on my brother's Snake: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/picvie..._649111&s=1509 I used it to age him a bit... and I also used it lightly on my Vaati. It actually made me look like Barnabas Collins... But I guess that's the right effect. :P I have snooped around the makeup section on this site and it seems like most cosplayers recommend at least a base coat, even for men.

Also, I completed forgot about this thread: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=201267 I have learned a little bit just snooping through the links here too.

I will talk to Eric and see what he says about making an age tutorial.

Once I get started on a cosplay project, I usually want to get to a good stopping point. So yes, I end up spending way longer on it than I originally intended. I think it's one of the many reasons why I usually prefer to save cosplay work until the weekend when I can pour that many hours into something.

Photoshoot: I agree there. Maybe we will get lucky and find someone like that!

FF6 group: Yes! I am so excited. I actually think I might be redesigning Edgar a little bit, but for the better. And yes! Eric's brother was actually at Sakura con. He was the ninja who was with us. It was actually his first time going to a con. And wow, i never knew that about you. I always thought it must be hard to have a twin. I think it would get annoying hearing people say you look and act alike. Wow no way, 20 years for FF6. That would be really cool if we could use that for our group somehow. I agree on the needed a group name... I think it will take some thought.

Armor: You are welcome. I am glad it's working out for you!

FF6: I agree. SE now only seems concerned with flashy visuals rather than focusing on the basics. I would love to see them go back caring about story and characters. I think with all the graphics in your face, that might be impossible now. I think that's an interesting point about the low resolution sprites leaving room for personal interpretations, much like a book. Perhaps that's what really made those games special, they seem so much more personal.

Ha ha! I am just not sure I could keep people entertained on an embroidery panel. I think it's too slow for most people.

Weather: Yays for rain! But snow is good too, it's just not fun to drive in. :P I think 2010 was actually my first SC. I have to say I do prefer driving north for a con, which is probably why I keep coming back, despite how far of a drive it is.

Zelda: Yeah the controller really made a lot of those games easier. I am worried about SS though since it so heavily relies on the motion controls. And thanks for the compliments on Groose! I pretty much spent the entire weekend gluing all that hair in place, but for a first attempt, I think it looks pretty good. As for TP Zelda, I love the armor. I think that's my favorite part. Speaking of armor, I managed to repaint all of my armor, gloss it, and fix my wig this weekend. It looks so cool now! It makes me want to go out and do a photoshoot for her!

Workout: I didn't do much exercising this weekend either. I need to just bite the bullet and make myself wake up so I stop feeling guilty for not doing anything after work. :P I am sorry you were feeling sick though. Hopefully you don't feel that way tomorrow. Iaido huh? That's awesome. How long did you practice that?

Cosplay Update: I got my wig in the mail yesterday!! The color is soooo lovely. I will have to order another one because the wefts I do have, don't match anymore. Oh well, I am still happy about the color and that's all that matters. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 07-24-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #1859
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Been super busy with lots of work hours and seeing friends the last few days.

@Seifer -

Makeup: Your brother's Snake looks really cool! Thanks for that thread link too. I may try to experiment with the makeup for Zidane next time around. Maybe just something light to make me look younger? (If possible). Getting close to twice Zidane's age now. And Thanks for talking to Eric about the age makeup.

I've lost sleep for work / class and felt tired the next day getting cosplay stuff done. Right now, weekends are when I usually work the most hours of my job. Do you have a Monday - Friday Job? I really would like to get back to that kind of schedule again. Especially being a con-goer.

FF6 Group: Oh cool. Are you adding more details to the current Edgar armor, or restarting from scratch? I don't know if I remember Eric's brother as a Ninja. Was he at any of the shoots? I guess he did a good job as a Ninja, lol. If you wanted to see on Facebook, my twin's name is Sean with my last name, obviously. There is always the stigma with twins growing up that we are the same person (like we are each half of a person). I imagine it's harder for identical twins. Do you have other siblings besides your brother?

I can't believe it's 20 years as well! I'll start a facebook page soon and list you guys in the character slots. I'll put a tentative name for the group until I figure out a better name.

FF6: I'm not sure that FF will be able to go back to it's former glory. I think it got hit by unlucky XIII. It's a shame because it seems Zelda is able to maintain a standard of quality. I also know that SE has been really focusing on Westernizing their games - which is not why gamers got into Final Fantasy. There is Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fable, etc. for that (which are also great). With FF6, I totally remember getting emotional with the (SPOILER)General Leo(SPOILER) scene. Much more than during the FF7 grand spoiler.

Weather: I actually love the snow - except the driving part of course. Where I lived in MT it was on the ground all winter long and made everything nice and pretty.

Zelda: BTW, any advice on what kind of glue to use when spiking wigs? Do you use anything else besides got2be? First attempt? Looks perfect. You should definitely post pics of the newly painted TP armor. Are you doing regular Zelda or Possessed Zelda if you go out for a shoot?

Workout: I did a 12 mile bike ride yesterday! It really felt nice. I think I'm visually seeing myself lose a few of the pounds. Thanks, I'm feeling much better now. As for Iaido, I just did a few introductory lessons as an activity over there. Haven't gotten serious yet. I feel I should be able to find a Doujo here in Seattle (with all the Japanese culture) to practice that more.

Your Cosplay Update: That's good you got the color you want. Speaking of Terra wig, Spencer is going to be painting my figurine really soon. I'll put up a pic and see if you want him to do the same to yours.

My update: Just made another layer to the Cecil Pauldron, but that's about it. Will get started on the other one soon.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-26-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Unread 07-26-2012, 11:19 AM   #1860
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: Hey that's okay. You are allowed to be busy every once in a while.

Makeup: Thank you!! That makeup actually looked pretty darn cool in person. It really made his eyes pop (which is sort of a character trait of Snake anyway) so I was so happy with it. That thread link is pretty helpful. There are a few bishonnen style tutorials that shoudl be useful. I think just a few highlights and you could make yourself look younger.

Uhg that's rough. I have a Monday through Friday job and I don't think I would go to anything else if I had the option. Like you said, it's good for cons.

FF6 Group: I am not quite sure what the plan is for the armor. I think we are going to try to keep it the same, but I am going to add a long tunic for Edgar so that there is more color to his costume. I want to reuse the triangles on the tunic like I did for the cape to tie everything together. I am hoping we can warp the armor enough to where we won't need to redo it. And Eric's brother was hanging around right after Sarah's shoot. I guess if you didn't see him he was doing a good job as a ninja. :P I will have to see if I can find your brother. Are you two not identical then?? I get the "You look just like your mother!" a lot, which is a good thing except when they try to tell me that personality I am just like her. I don't think anyone likes to hear that they are just like someone else, whether it's family or not. I just have a sister and a brother. What about you? Any other siblings?

It is crazy... 20 years. And the facebook page sounds good. :P We could always call ourselves the Returners. Hee hee.

FF6: I agree though about SE... I think they are trying too hard to make FF into something it's not and really it doesn't need to be. Like you said, there are already a lot of Western games, it's nice to have something different. I agree too about being more emotional over the events in FF6 than FF7's super spoiler.

Weather: I think snow is really pretty too! I bet it was nice having so much in MT.

Zelda: OKay so for spikes: http://malindachan.deviantart.com/#/d3eu2vg This lady is awesome at making spiked wigs. She has four tutorials and all of them are really helpful. I actually used a combination of all her tutorials to help me with the Groose wig. And thanks for the compliments btw. Maybe I should post pictures of the armor... hmmm... I will see what I can do. As for a shoot, I don't have a lot of shots of just regular Zelda, maybe I should do a shoot for her. Although, I love being evil Zelda.....

Workout: I did arms and abs yesterday and walked this morning. I am glad to hear you are seeing results though! That's awesome. I'm also glad you are feeling better. I think looking for a dojo should be easy in Seattle. Good luck!! It would be a great source of learning and exercise.

Your Cosplay Update: Thanks! I am excited to get started on that wig. I think I can do an even better job this time. As for the figure, that would be great.

My update: Hooray for progress, I can't wait to see more!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV