Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-26-2012, 02:09 PM   #1861
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Itís felt like ages since I was last here. O_o

Iím still without my computer at least for another weekend. Iím hopeful that itíll be back in my hands next week.

Iíve been working on non-Dissidia cosplays. Amelia and Zelgadis are pretty much done. Just working on the gems and weíll be all set.

Riddel from Crono Cross is coming together. Her dress is pieced together and lined. I need to finish the hem after I get the scallops sewn in. Iím really happy with how itís coming together despite the fabric issues. Again. -_- What is it with good guys being aholes to me? lol

You can see some of the progress on my Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/tifaiacosplay

I have loads more photos but didnít really have the time to upload them allÖan didnít want to make people crazy. lol

This is probably going to be way out of order and brief so bear with me:

@MDA: Thatís really cool that your mom helps you out! I know my parents still give me odd looks when they see the things Iím making. Iím glad that theyíre supportive, but do they have to make a face when Iím sewing lining into a cape? XD

I know youíre having to put CoD off for a little bit, but best of luck to you! Canít wait to see it when itís done. ^^

@Lil: Get yer butt back in here! >.>

@Terra: Sad face that you canít make it to AFest but I understand how life can be. You just have to roll with it. At least weíre not ďthatĒ far apart that maybe we can set up something in a few months. When itís not ďohmygodthesunisgoingtokillmeĒ hot. XD
And maybe something for Celesx2 too!

@Eva/Seifer:

Holy crap. You all are planning. >.>

From the little bit I could read at work (shhhh)~

Wigs: Malindachanís tutorial is fab. I used it for the Glenn wig I made for a Crono Cross group. Though the wefts I had to make myself.

FF6 Group: Wait. When did this happen? Why is everyone on the FF6 train now? >.> I just ordered Celesí fabric yesterday. Bandwagon, forward! XD

Eyebrows: I personally use eye shadow. Stays on. Easy to wash off. Doesnít stain or demi-color my eyebrows so I canít go to work the next day.

@Eva: Keep at it with the exercise. I know itís a pain at times when you have so many other things in life going on, but it gets better over time. Just that initial start-up is a pain and a half to get to.

@Seifer: YeahÖIím driving you nuts with the cosplays for next year arenít I? XD Feenie wasnít my idea though! That one was all yours. >.> I just need to iron Dollie and sheís all set. Her and her creepy butterflys and papercraft Feenie strung on the umbrella. >.>
And to answer your DA question, totally up for a SF shoot. That would be awesomesssssssssssssss. /dance

Ok. So Dissidia updates.

*looks around*

CoD fabric is sitting over there in that bag in the corner, totally wonít be touched for a long time. Iím sure you all will have way better progress then me. XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #1862
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

I'M BAAAAACCCCKKKK!!!!! *sky dives into thread* Ahahahaha! Because Tifaia begged me too, she said that if I came back, she'll give me a sock full of smarties. .... ..... ....

Woh, I have been gone for a while. Look at all these super long posts! *dumps out luggage everywhere*

@Tifaia & Terra: I still think it is awesome that we are all doing Celes. xD Different versions of her too! GAH, IT MAKES ME SQUEEE!~~

@Seifer & Final: Also agreed about FF 6 and FF 13... FF really has changed! I actually played FF 1 again yesterday night for a bit, and FF sure has come a long way indeed, with such huge changes from what it was.. I know I say this too much, but I miss that classic RPG feel to that game lol.

I'm glad that everyone is making progress on their Dissidia cosplays and whatnot! I haven't gotten ANYWHERE with my Dissidia cosplays.... WoL is on my desk, wanting to get finished, Ultimecia is hanging up outside my closet waiting to get feathered, Exdeath is laying on the floor whining for attention, Bartz is scattered everywhere, unfinsihed. Kefka is also scattered everywhere... Unfinished. I just have this great big FF mess lol. I really wanna keep working on WoL though, but I shouldn't... As the next con that is coming up for me, I won't be debuting him at, or any of the above I listed. xP *sobs* How many cons in a year do you guys go to in a year? I hardly have any, and too many cosplays that I want to debut...

*STARES AT KEFKA FABRIC* ...Ya'know maybe I might change my mind again this evening.... >>;; ...especially with this FF 6 bandwagon thingy...
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #1863
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

@lil: there's hardly any cons here for me to debut things too...
my partner and I just pulled out of WCS, since we're moving again and life over cosplay has generally become our rule...
I'm kinda down about it cause I liked the set we were doing but just means we can pull it out later... I know there were 12 teams entered for it in Australia with the prelims this september...
but other then that Sydney only has 4 cons... had 5 last year though the New Zealand run event got cancelled this year...
but yeah 4 in Sydney, I think 2 in Adelaide, 4/5 in Brisbane, 3 in perth and i think 4 in Melbourne... that's if I've remembered them all so in total 17 across Australia... actually thats not too bad when I look at it like that....

Sock Full of smarties.... I didnt kow the Emperor indulged himself in such ways
Unread 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #1864
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Dang it's been a while!! Sorry to hear about your computer issues. I hope it gets fixed up for you very soon. I am glad you have been able to make some cosplay progress tough! I will have to check your page when I am not at work... :P I really want to see your Slayers and your Chrono Cross. If I wasn't so busy I would jump in on that one!

Ha ha well it actually just started out as a simple idea... but yeah it certainly seems like it's becoming a plan. FF6 unite! FF6 needs more love anyway.

Wigs: I love her tutorials! They are so clear and easy to follow. I can't believe it took me this long to find them. ^^;

Eyebrows: Oh hey that's a good idea. I have just been using Ben Nye aqua paints for my eyebrows. If you go over it with Spirit Gum Remover it comes off pretty easy.

Cosplays: Pheeny had to happen!! Besides, that's the least stressful one. I think Godot can be mostly bought and Mia's skirt is so dang short I might only need a yard. :P OKay maybe more... but still.... I really look forward to doing all these groups with you though! I am going to do my best for D, so we will see!! And yays!! SF photoshoot!! I will see if the photographer who took my Chun-Li pictures would be available for another one next year. If not, it sounds like FinalEvangelion might be able to make it, we can ask him too.

Your Dissidia Update: Ha ha! That sounds like my updates!

@ Liliana: Wow you too!! It's been too long for you too!

Final Fantasy: It has changed quite a bit. I really miss the old flavor they used to have. I wonder if one of the reasons for the change was the JRPG became so popular and overdone they wanted to move away from it. But at this point you almost never see a traditional JRPG. Perhaps it would be a good time to make a comeback for that style of game!

Wow you have so many projects going on. I don't know how you can keep track of everything!! I look forward to seeing progress on any of those though!! I bet your Kefka and Ultimecia will be awesome!! As for your question of cons, I can usually only go to about four a year... and two of them are really small. It's tough financially to go to more than that for me, especially with the cost of some of these cosplays... hee hee!!

Oooh did we inspire you to work on the evil clown? :P

@ ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~: I totally hear you on the life over ruling cosplay... I really wish it wasn't that way. This has been a tough year for everyone I think.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #1865
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer: Now working lots more hours that a couple people have quit at my work place. I guess any extra money helps, though.

Makeup: Looking through those links, I now see how people get the more "anime" look to their eyes and make them stand out. I'll have to try that with some of the characters I cosplay. A lot of the characters for Japanese anime and games are bishounen, so I guess that's why it's usually easier for girls to crossplay than guys.

I'm wishing for more consistent hours at some point. So you are able to browse coscom at your work? I sneak it in once in a while on my phone on down time, but I can't respond or type anything. Usually have to wait until I'm home for that. (It's a retail portrait studio, though).

FF6 Group: Hopefully you wont' have to redo it completely. Does Wonderflex still shape pretty easily after being smoothed and painted? I don't think it would with Bondo, but maybe Gesso is different? That's right, we are not identical. I'm guessing it's like Sabin and Edgar (I'm sure they are supposed to be fraternal). A lot of people ask what it's like to be twins, and we just say "I don't know what it's like to have a sibling of different age so I have nothing to compare it to." So to answer your other question, he is my only sibling. I think people tell me I look like my Dad - don't know about personality though. I agree, people want to be thought of as individuals - not someone else. Actually, I think I have seen your sister comment on some of your cosplay posts (name starts with a K also, right?)

20 years is a long time for sure. I'll try to make the Facebook page in the next couple of days. Actually, I really like the idea of calling ourselves the Returners. I may stick with it if you don't mind. Not only are we returning from 20 years ago, but we could also be a rebel group against the current state of Square Enix and jRPGs.

FF6: It's the issue of "Don't fix what isn't broken" that is the issue. Hayashi, the director of Team Ninja, said that too many Japanese developers now days are trying to serve the world a Japanese hamburger rather than Sushi. I have to agree with that.

Weather: When driving into Bozeman, MT, during the Winter - I always thought of the beginning march into Narshe during the opening credits of FF6. It looks alot like that.

Zelda: Very nice link. I was always wondering how to do that. I'll definitely have to use that when doing my Dart wig in the future. Zidane's spikes are pretty subtle, so I'm wondering if it's better just to spike the wig itself or try to use two wigs.

Workout: Good to hear you got some done. Unfortunately, the last couple days haven't seen as much workout. I'll walk Akiba tonight, though.

@tifaia and Seifer: I'll be glad to shoot you guys at Fanime if you can't get the other person and I'm there (still not 100% at this point). Even if you do get a hold of him, I may have to get some shots after or before the shoot. Maybe some freeze frame airborne ones of you two going at it would be cool.

@Everyone - Have to go into work, so I'll get to the rest of you guys tonight.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2012, 10:46 PM   #1866
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: Oooh bummer. But yeah, more money at least.

Makeup: Yeah those links were pretty useful. I think I read through most of them. Hopefully there is something in there that will be helpful for you.

Work: I snoop on cosplay.com while at work, but my boss has facebook blocked, so basically I can be on any site but that. Go figure, it's not like anyone at our work uses it very much. ^^; I get bored pretty easily though, so for the most part I just do a lot of research, since I can't actually work on cosplay/art at work. :P

FF6 Group: That would be really nice if I didn't have to redo the whole thing... For the most part, the Gesso flexes with the wonderflex, you just have to be careful not to warp it too much or it will rip (oddly enough). As for the twins, I always figured Edgar and Sabin looked exactly alike until Sabin left to train. I imagine years in the sun and beating up munsters makes a guy more grizzled. :P Edgar stayed in the castle so he could keep his bishonnen looks. As for the twins: I guess I always thought that individually was even more difficult to achieve when you are a twin. I always tried to treat each as their own person. Yeah my sister's name starts with a 'K'. My mom gave us all the same initials actually. It drives my poor grama nuts when trying to say our names. She pretty much runs through them all before she gets to the right one.

Hey if you like The Returners, then use it. It's not mine anyway. Plus like you said, it's fitting!!!

FF6: I totally agree with the "Don't fix what isn't broken" issue. Hopefully they realize their mistake soon and go back to the roots. And I lol'ed on the Japanese hamburger. How ridiculous. :P

Weather: Oooh I bet MT was perfect for Narshe. Hopefully I can brave the snow and get a good shot sometime!

Zelda: Yes! Her tutorials are amazing!! I am sure it would be perfect for Dart when you get there. For Zidane it doesn't seem spiky so much as it seems choppy. What I usually do is look for people who have gotten close and try to figure out what their method was. Also for really big spiky wigs, you will probably want two wigs or a ton of wefts...

Workout: I did my arms and abs today, despite how sore my muscles were... So tomorrow I am going to take it easy and walk. :P I am glad to hear you are keeping up with your routine as well! I think I talked my sister into meeting Eric and I early in the morning to go on walks, which helps keep all of us motivated.

SF Photoshoot: Thanks! That would be great! Freeze-frame airborne ones sound cool! I have never tried that before. I suppose if I could do it in any of my costumes, it would be Chun-Li.

Dissidia Update: I have my new Terra wig on the slab and I am working on getting some wefts made! Hopefully I will have something worth showing soon! I still have to wait for the second wig to arrive before I can do the ponytail though. Edit: The base wig has been stubbed and I was able to style the bangs last night.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV

Last edited by Seifer-sama : 07-29-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Unread 07-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #1867
Seifer-sama

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-29-2012, 03:19 PM   #1868
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

http://junkerscosplay.blogspot.com/

I just posted how I did my Jecht cosplay's armor and sword. Hope people find it useful. Thanks for your time!

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #1869
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Everyone: Hiii~! I haven't been doing much in the way of cosplay lately, since I've been scrambling to put a baby blanket together for a friend of mine, but I wanted to let you guys know I'm not dead. I've just been busy, and it's OMGHOTASALLFINGGETOUT. -.-;;;

@Lil: Hi! Welcome back!!! ^.^ I can't wait to see all of your cosplays, but I REALLY wanna see pics of Ulty. ^.^ You haven't mentioned her in a while. -stares- And pick up this mess! >.<;;; To answer your question, I'm lucky if I get to go to two in a year, but there are several that happen in Dallas, a couple in houston, and one in San Antonio that I know of.

@Seifer and Final: -headdesk- I was doing so well, then got hurt, and fell out of the pattern, so my workout isn't going quite as well. But you guys sound busy and your progress pics are looking good. I Love the wig, Seifer! I'm fully on board for doing an FF6 group!!! It sounds fun.

@Tifa: Riddel is looking so epic! ^.^ I wish I were going to Fest so I could see it in person!!! -cosplayrage- Did you ever name your headpiece? -grin- I do hope your computer gets fixed soon. ^.^ This is why I married a computer tech. lol I would love to set something up for a shoot. ^.^ Just let me know when. And I have the perfect place to shoot for Opera Celes... I just don't know how to go about getting permission to use it.

Dissidia updates.... -cricktetchirp-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #1870
Neener_nina

Don't really have a FF costume, but found a video you guys might find interesting. Unsure if its been shared before, sorry. :x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqfOaRN9lvU
Neener_nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 10:41 AM   #1871
Seifer-sama

Here's my Terra wig btw, Cosplay.com wouldn't let me post it yesterday for some reason. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb... hoto_comment

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:56 AM   #1872
Seifer-sama

>: ( I am not having luck with Cosplay.com today and it's really frustrating... It's not letting me post anything. Here's what I was trying to write to you guys.

@ StabbityBlkMage: Wow that was an awesome page. I love seeing progress shots and you have a real talent for cosplay props. Thank you for sharing.

@ Terra~Esper: Glad you aren't dead... you might be roasted like a turkey, but at least you are doing well. :P It's pretty darn hot here too... I hope this heat wave goes away really soon! >: (

It's okay, just jump back into the routine when you can. I think the hardest part is really forcing yourself to stick with it. They say it gets easier after the first few weeks. Thanks for the compliments on my progress! I really hope my other wig arrives soon so I can finish up the ponytail. And yays! More FF6 groupies! And ooohhh I would love to see the place you have in mind for Celes, i bet it's awesome!! I always have the toughest time finding places to shoot at... especially nearby.

@ Neener_nina: Thanks for the link, that was pretty cool!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-30-2012, 02:40 PM   #1873
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: The place I was thinking of is http://www.trahc.org/perot-theatre/ I've been there a bunch growing up, but I don't know how to go about requesting a photoshoot or anything. ^^;;; It's a gorgeous place though and absolutely perfect. -grin- If we could get some of the other Returners, we could do a full Opera shoot. <.< >.> My party's usually Locke, Sabin and Edgar for that part... ^.^;

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #1874
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Wow! That's lovely!!! That would be awesome to shoot at!! I guess you would just have to snoop around their site and see if they have any answered questions about photography and shoots. If not, then I guess find the contact information page and send them an e-mail. It would be cool to have a whole Opera group there though!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 07-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #1875
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@El3KtRa: Nuuu! aww, that's a little sad. D: Well, there is always next year for WCS ^^;; I didn't know you were moving again, are you moving back to the city again??

@Seifer-sama: *GASPS!* Oh my word, your new Terra wig.... it is so beautiful. O_O It's such a pretty deep green too. I ADORE the curls in it as well. *pokes them*

@StabbityBlkMage: Thank you so much for sharing! O.O That is AMAZING work you have done there! I love it how you made your sword out of wood. Was it really heavy? It looks so amazing though!

@Terra: Haha! I know, my Ulty progress is as slow as a Turtle climbing up an escalator going down. :P Though I keep violining around with her here and there. so yay little progress???
*looks at mess* whoops... I have a mess to clean up don't I.... How come I am the messy one here? =_=

@Neener_nina: Oh? a video? *clicks*
O______________O;;;;;;;;;;; !!!!!
OHHHHHHHH MY MOOGLES!!!!!! JUMP'N CHOCOBOS!!! BLAZING BUBBLY BAHAMUTS!!!!! That is one of the most amazing Dissidia cosplay videos I have ever seen in my life! JUST WOW...! WOW! *jaw drops to keyboard* Thank you for sharing that video, it inspires me to work harder on my WoL cosplay. O___O
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote