Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-31-2012, 02:09 AM   #1876
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@ Seifer: I finally get a day off of work. It seems like a while. This week I have more time off.

Work: That would be awesome to be able to work on cosplay during work. Just having a wig on your desk or something. Most places I know have FB blocked. On the computers at my work, all internet access is restricted only to company stuff. I don't get bored at my job, but it can be really stressful. Many times because Corporate doesn't deliver portraits on time and I have to tell the customer and deal with the (understandable) anger.

FF6 Group: I guess wonderflex would probably rip with all that stuff on it making it less flexible. They very well could be identical until they separated. It's really hard to know exactly what happened. Although, personalities are also similar with identical twins compared to fraternal twins - which doesn't seem to be the case with Edgar and Sabin. Another thing with being a twin is that some people thought I had some kind of telepathic communication (kind of silly) and I knew exactly where he was at all times. Do you have the problem with some people wanting to spell your name with a 'C' instead of a 'K'? I have the problem with my last name all the time (spelled with a 'C' is a real word and makes sense).

I'm going to get the Facebook page up soon for the Returners group. I have some days off finally.

FF6: I thought the 'Japanese Hamburger' was pretty funny when I first saw it. They turned Resident Evil 5 into almost a full first person shooter, which was a bit disappointing.

Weather: Actually, I always played the intro version of Terra's theme on the FF6 Grand Edition when driving there in the Winter.

Zelda: That's very true for Zidane. I'll probably be able to just style the wig I have a little better so it's not flat like in my avatar pic. As for new Zelda armor, you do really well pulling off evil Zelda. But good Zelda is always nice once in a while. I guess you have to have some evil characters to balance out Terra, who is about as far from evil as you can get. I think Gestahl is going to be my first fully evil character I do. Duke flip flopped.

Workout: What kind of abs exercise do you usually do? I think the soreness goes away after breaking into the workout routine a bit. I did another 15 miles of biking yesterday and 7 miles to work today. I had to stay after dark at work due to customer volume so I left my bike there and had a friend take me back home. I'm feeling great after these bike rides and sleeping much better.

SF Photoshoot: It would work really well for Chun-li. Here is an airborne shot I did at Spencer's Slayers shoot. - http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalev...57629434175936 I'll have to step it up for an SF type of shoot.

Your Dissidia Update: Your new Terra wig looks really amazing. Maybe even better than the first, which I didn't think was possible.

@Liliana - Totally agree about the classic feel. FF4, as old as it is, still holds it's age really well. I'm sure you will get the cosplays finished as you always do. We could definitely use Kefka or Celes in this group.

@El3KtRa: We all know cosplay is more important than life. I kid, I kid. Well, it's understandable. Hopefully, WCS works out for another year.

@ StabbityBlkMage: That looks really cool! Definitely some talent.

@Neener_nina: That video is really amazing. Production value for sure.

@Terra - That looks like a great place to shoot for Opera Celes. Hopefully, you could find a way to use it. As for workout, it's always the worst when starting. Once pushing through the first couple weeks, it gets much better.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 07-31-2012 at 09:26 AM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #1877
Seifer-sama

@ Liliana: Thank you!! It's actually the same color as the old wig, just shiny. I guess that makes a difference... Anyway, I am really happy with it. I just have to wait for the other half so I can make a ponytail. And who would have thought the secret to wig work was glue?? And I know it wasn't directed at me, but I laughed out loud at your comment about your Ulty progress. Hee hee, poor turtle's going the wrong way up and escalator.

@ FinalEvangelion: Hey that's good! More time for you to catch up on cosplay stuff right??

Work: It would be awesome to have a job where you could work on cosplay! I doubt there are many jobs out there that would allow that though. :P I think most jobs have FB blocked because a lot of employees will just surf it for hours or play games, so I can understand it. That's good that you don't get bored at your job, but dealing with angry people is always stressful. It's especially difficult if there is nothing you can do about it.

FF6 Group: Yeah who knows about Edgar and Sabin. That's just always how I thought of it. It sort of makes sense if you think about it. Being up on a mountain and going through the try of training he did would probably alter his look quite a bit. Ah well, we will never know. :P As for you and your brother, a lot of people have that assumption. It's like you are two halves of the same person so you know everything about each other. And yes actually, a lot of people spell both my first and last name incorrectly all the time. My brother has the same problem. :P

FF6: I told Eric about the Japanese Hamburger and he laughed. Oh so you are a Resident Evil fan? We are actually going to put together our RE1 group this SacAnime. As for RE5, I guess a lot of people were disappointed that it's no longer a survival horror. I thought we had enough FPS games, I didn't think it needed to be changed either.

Weather: ha ha nice!! I don't think I have that version of her theme.

Zelda: I think what might help for Zidane is to use the hairline tutorial from that wig stylist. I used a similar method for my new Terra wig and it's holding shape much better than it ever has before. And thanks! I like being evil Zelda. I think I need some more villains, it's easier for me to pull them off. And welcome to the Dark Side. :P

Workout: That link I posted for you is the workout I follow. I actually add a few more exercises of my own in there (but I don't do as many reps on all of the exercises he posted). And wow, that's a lot of biking and walking! Good for you! I really think the exercise helps regular your body to keeping healthier habits. Sleeping better is certainly a plus!

SF Photoshoot: Hey that looks awesome! I am soo looking forward to these shoots!!

Your Dissidia Update: Thanks! I am so excited I was able to get that much done! I still have to glue the beads in, but that shouldn't take long. I think I should be able to wear this one for much longer and without the headaches, so in that sense, it's definitely better!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #1878
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@ Seifer: That's the idea. Also need to go out and apply for more jobs and get this Pauldron done.

Work: Dealing with lots of angry people can definitely be stressful. Do your coworkers / boss know about your cosplay and such? To be honest, I'm always worried about how potential employers are going to think about my Cosplay /cosplay photography hobby, since many of them check Facebook on their applicants. Many people don't understand cosplay and the work that goes into it and just think it's wanting Halloween all year around.

FF6 Group: I always thought it was funny when Terra told Sabin he looked like a bodybuilder strayed from his gym after finding out he was Edgar's brother. As for my brother, he did meet me at Fanime one year - but was ready to leave after about 2 hours. I guess I've always been more into the nerdy stuff.

FF6: I'm glad I was able to make someone laugh. As for Resident Evil, I've played it a little bit - but never been too hardcore into it. When is Sac Anime? What characters are you all doing for that? I've been burnt out on all the FPS games this generation. But it seems to be the popular thing and the most in demand - especially Call of Duty.

Weather: Well, can't find the exact version on youtube right now, but I'll let you know if I do find it. It is one of my favorites besides the Tokyo Philharmonic / Distant Worlds version. Then there is the Terra in Black version I really like that was a fan project - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dgw1mfvBI8I

Zelda: I'll have to go back and look into the tutorial videos. It would be nice to step up the appearance of all of my wigs. As far as being evil, I guess "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" That's another of my favorite Spaceballs quotes.

Workout: That's right. I think you told me that you were going through that workout plan. Today, I took a day rest because I was pretty exhausted from all that biking. I'll go back to it tomorrow.

SF Photoshoot: Well, I am now convincing my group of friends to go to Fanime this next year again. So hopefully, I can make that all work. As for the airborne shots, it will probably take a few attempts to make it actually look good.

Your Dissidia Update: Personal comfort is definitely important for cosplays. For Cecil, I'm not sure how long I will be able to wear that. Zidane is one I can definitely wear for extended periods of time, though.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 08-01-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Unread 08-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #1879
Seifer-sama

@ Seifer: I hope you are able to get all the stuff you want done!

Work: I remember reading an article once that people get angry when they feel the situation was done to them on purpose. If you think about it like that, it makes a lot of sense. I bet if a lot of people thought about it, they would realize there isn't really any reason to be angry, especially not at the person just trying to do their job. :P

My supervisor knows I cosplay actually. She added me on FB, so it's sort of hard to hide it. :P She doesn't care though, she thinks it's cool. For the most part, I am usually pretty honest with people about what my hobbies are, which in a small town like this, might not be a good idea. One job I interviewed for asked me what I like to do in my free time and I said make comics and costumes... They didn't call me back. :P I actually think both hobbies are very misunderstood. These costumes take time and lots of talent,it's not just something that can be thrown together without thought. I just think people for the most part are just stupid. I have been told it's childish/fetish-related/gay (seriously, my parents called my brother gay for cosplaying)... I just try to ignore the stupid people, they don't know any better and they are too stupid to listen otherwise. I would rather be called names than be close-minded. :P

FF6 Group: Ha ha ha Sabin the muscle man. As for your brother, it's interesting that your interests are so different. But at least he showed up to a con! That's pretty supportive. My sister likes cons, but she isn't as interested in cosplay as I am. Neither is my brother for that matter. So I had a thought last night, because I am doing Terra for the group... should I make an Esper Terra costume too??

RE & Sac-Anime: Eric is a pretty big RE group, so this is the cosplay group he is most looking forward to. It's RE1 so we will have Jill, Chris, Barry, and Wesker (Whisker hee hee). Sac Anime is over Labor Day weekend. It's a little three day con in Sacramento. It's growing up rather quickly though. Uhg yeah FPS are getting pretty old pretty fast. I have to admit I did play Halo 1 - 3 and had fun with those... but I have never been a CoD fan. My brother likes to play online and I don't know how he stands it. The people on there are so freaking obnoxious... I am annoyed after the first fifteen minutes of listening to that crap.

Weather: That's okay. I like that Black version though! I saved it to my favorites.

Zelda: The one lady's bang tutorial was pretty helpful for cutting bangs, but for styling, so far I really like the DA girl's tutorials. I am sure you will be able to find the right look though! And yes!! I love that Spaceballs quote. It's one of my favorites as well.

Workout: I sort of follow it. I don't have all the weights his workout requires and I am not strong enough to do some of the exercises (like elevated push-ups), but I am pushing myself to work up to that. And I think a day of rest is always a good idea. Your body deserves a break every now and then.

SF Photoshoot: Yays!! I was going to say, you should convince Spencer to join our SF group, he can be Skullomania. I was actually going to make one for Konor, but the plan changed after I had bought all of the materials of course... :P I do hope you guys can make it though, that would be awesome. We might need you for more shoots too if you are available, Tifaia kindly agreed to being her Phoenix Wright cosplay so we could do a small Pheeny group.

Your Dissidia Update: The two wigs that caused me the most pain were Zelda and Terra. Both would give me severe headaches and so if I wanted to keep wearing them, that needed to stop. :P Oddly enough, I can deal with the armor, it's the wigs that usually give me more problems than anything. I can see how Cecil would be tough to wear for longer periods though. But at least most of the outfit it white, so it will be a little cooler to wear than a black outfit. ^^; Zidane looks like he would be super comfortable though!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-03-2012, 04:02 AM   #1880
StabbityBlkMage
I eat emo kids.

Haha yeah the sword was probably the most unwieldy thing I have made thus far. I love sharing what I have done so that other people can learn from my mistakes lol.

Blogspot- Step by Step tutorials!
Facebook
Twitter - Day to day WIP!
Deviantart
StabbityBlkMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1881
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@ Seifer: Thanks! I'm working through it as best as I can.

Work: I know some people at work that are able to make the customer realize that they are getting angry at the wrong person (ex., person at the front counter who personally had no involvement with the reason he/she is angry) without them getting more angry. It's a skill, but done wrong it can just make the customer more angry. I can see needing to do that for someone for example working at Best Buy returns that gets to hear all day that they are personally responsible for the customer's Samsung television not working right.

That's good that she understands. At my job right now, my supervisor is fine with it because it involves photography. Who knows at my next job, though. It's best to work at a place that you don't have to hide who you are too much. I suppose if I was working at a place like Nintendo of America, then it probably wouldn't matter at all.

So you do comics as well? That's really cool. Do you have any posted online? The thing I heard about cosplaying is how we have no friends / no life / we actually think we are the characters we are portraying. In reality, it's actually quite a social hobby as well. I've lost a couple "friends" after I started cosplaying that didn't approve, but I made so many more after starting that were much better friends. That's really too bad that your parents said that about your brother. I hope that's not why he is not coming back to cons. Are they okay with you cosplaying? I'm sure when I go to a fabric store and buy fabric for myself, people think I'm gay. But I don't care what they think. I go to Home Depot to buy stuff for props and that's normal. Funny how it works. My parents really like my hobby and are glad I found something I can be myself in and enjoy. They also like seeing all the photos that I take from the cons after they are over. BTW, they really were amazed by your Terra when I showed them the Sakura-con photos when they visited.

FF6 Group: Well, he did play FF9 and was glad I was cosplaying Zidane while showing him around. He was going to school for film criticism at USC at the time, so I guess seeing different kinds of media was ok for him. And if you did Esper Terra, that would be awesome. I'm sure you will make the costume really great!

RE & Sac-Anime: That sounds fun! So are you going to be Jill, then? Who is Eric going to be? That's coming up pretty soon. It sounds like it might be fun. Who else will you be cosplaying for that one?

FPS: I really don't see the FPS craze ending anytime soon. I think they are like jRPGs are to Japan for America. Yeah, I actually enjoyed playing the campaigns in Coop mode in the Halo series, but never cared too much for online. I usually like to only play online with people I only know. I don't need to hear 12 year olds thinking they are really cool with their homophobic / racist comments in my gaming experience on Xbox Live / PSN. No Thanks!

Zelda: I'm hoping to get all that done with Pen Pen for Aki-con in October. The quote is funny because it's always so true in any story that the good side gets outsmarted by the evil side.

Workout: I took a couple days off, but walked around downtown Seattle since a friend came in from Boston yesterday. We actually went through the Sakura-con venue. It's strange seeing it not crowded by a bunch of cosplayers and nerds.

SF Photoshoot: I talked to Spencer about Skullomania. He really liked the way the costume looked. He didn't know if he would have time to get it done before SC, since he is working two jobs (one on graveyard shift). Hopefully, something can work out. I am successfully steering the ship toward Fanime for next year. Now it all depends on job situations and what not. As for Phoenix photoshoot, I would love to do that. I always enjoy cosplay shoots and as long as I can schedule it around any gatherings that I'm attending, that will be fine.

Your Dissidia Update: I can see wigs becoming uncomfortable after a while. That's good you were able to solve that problem. My friend from Boston was doing SCA for a while, so I'm going to see what he says about attaching some of the stuff this weekend so I'm not completely uncomfortable when wearing armor that covers almost every inch of my body. True about it being white. If I ever decide to do his Dark Knight version (some day, maybe) then that will be a different story.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 08-03-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Unread 08-03-2012, 09:27 PM   #1882
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Weeee. My computer is back!

And now I'm here while it's doing the updates. They gave me a new hard drive. Not sure why. The other one was working perfectly fine. But whatever. They were kind enough to flash image the old one so I didn't lose any data (not that I didn't back up a billion times already), but none of the programs work of course. So! there we go. >.>

@Final/Seifer: zomgwalloftextdah!

I'm making Rose completely out of stretchy fabric so jumping and doing fighting poses will be completely possible. And Final if you do go to Fanime, my friends and I might have to pull you for our Teen Titans group. ^^

You two along with Lil and Terra are getting me really excited to start working on Celes. The rest of her fabric came in today (it's so pretty!!!!).

@Final: Oh customer oriented jobs. How I loathe thee.

Customer service is an art form. I don't care what people say. You have to have a certain stamina and mind set to get through those days. And you learn really quickly not to take things to heart, because we know that they're not really mad at you but the situation. I'm always kind to service employees because of that. Even yesterday when I was beyond pissed off at the world and wanted to punch something, I was still nice. And then went home and smacked a rubbermaid bin. lol Not everyone can do those kind of jobs. We really should get paid more for what we put up with.

And like you I don't really talk about my hobbies at work. These days with more and more employers requiring access to your social media profiles (which personally I feel infringes on personal freedom and surprised the ACLU hasn't jumped on companies for that), if they took a look at mine they might say "mmm, no thanks." Even though they can't discriminate, they will base their hiring on what they see. It sucks. Any jobs that require me to hand over my FB info or want me to friend the HR director, no thanks. If you can't trust me to follow your rules, then I won't trust you back.

@Seifer: So many things to read! Where to start...

AA will be awesome. XD I'll more then likely make little updates to Dahlia before Fanime. And by little I mean one: remake her necklace. This is one of the few costumes that still looks as awesome as the day I made it. I love it! After seeing the movie I've been toying with the idea of doing Dee Vasquez the movie producer. I like the bad ladies. lol

I'm on the hunt for Leila (D) mats! Super excited to start working on it. Dah! So many projects to get started on! *thud*

BTW, love the wig.

And I <3 RE so much! I keep putting off BSAA Jill. One day it will be done. One day...

@StabbityBlkMage: Wonderful job with Jecht. Your work is very detailed. Really impressive. I'd be curious to see you possibly doing Golbez or Kain. New challenges while also playing with your strengths with props and armor.

@Neener_nina: Holy schnickers...that's awesome. o_O

@Lil: Hi crazy lady with your nails and frog hog photos. XD

@Terra: Sucks you won't be able to come to AFest, but we can def. set up something outside of that. I'm waffling back and forth between starting on Celes now or next month. But if you want to set up something after the heat dies down (good gravy it's boiling out!), I'm all for it! For certain I will have Celes for A-Kon. The hotel is just too gorgeous that I am completely turning around all of my completion times to have certain costumes ready just for A-Kon and photos.

Dissidia Updates: I added more red fabric to the bag. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #1883
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion:

Work: Wow I have to agree with Tifaia: That's an art form. I was always polite and patient with people, but when they get upset, it's hard to not get upset yourself. And like Tifaia: from having a job like that for years, I have learned that you shoudl always treat every retail/customer service person kindly. Their job is hard enough without people making asses of themselves. :P

As for people knowing your hobbies, I think if people weren't so weird about costumes and cons, it might not be such a frowned upon past time. Ah well, like I said, closed minded people...

And yes, I draw! That cover picture on my FB page is actually a page form my comic. I don't have it up on a site yet (I don't know how to make one and I only have 8 pages completed. :P) Ha! I laugh at the no life/no friends comment. I have met a ton of wonderful people through cosplay that I would be happy to call friends. That includes this whole thread. Sorry to hear some of your friends ditched you because they didn't approve. I suppose if they were like that, then they really weren't true friends anyway. As for my parents, they tolerate it...My mum and step-dad think it's stupid. My dad thinks it's kind of cool. He actually went to Fanime last year. Honestly though, I am not going to let what people think of me ruin my fun, so I don't let it get to me. As for your fabric store people, they probably do! But who cares? Guys can like fabric too! And tell your parents thank you!

FF6 Group: Ha ha well I guess all that matters was that he had fun while he was there. As for Esper Terra: I will have to see what I can do, I am not sure I want to just be running around in a painted bodysuit. I might make her some clothes. :P

RE & Sac-Anime: Yep! I'm doing Jill and Eric is doing Chris. I am also bringing Chun-Li and he will be bringing Frank West. It's a hotter con (being in August) so simple cosplays are best.

FPS: Yeah you are probably right. I can see how they would be fun to play online with friends, but I don't think I could ever stand to play with those foul-mouthed 12 year olds. Like you, I will have to say no thanks.

Zelda: I hope you do finish Pen Pen in time. And it's so true, why are good guys easily outsmarted??

Workout: Good for you!! I bet it was weird seeing the empty con ha ha! I have just done a bit of walking lately. I'm slacking.

SF Photoshoot: Well I really hope you guys can make it to Fanime. That would be awesome. Pheeny is easy enough that I think we can make arrangements where you will be available. I was thinking of trying to do SF and Pheeny on the same day since it would be an easy switch. We will see what everyone's schedule is.

Your Dissidia Update: I hope you and your friend are able to figure things out for Cecil. It would be nice if that could be more comfortable for you. Oh were you going to do that version? Ha ha! That might be one for a winter con. :P

@ Tifaia: Horray! Welcome back! I am glad your computer is back though!

Hooray for stretch fabric and crazy fighting poses!! I am really looking forward to seeing this costume!! And ooh a TT group? How awesome! Who are you cosplaying? I always wanted to do Raven. Are you going to start working on Celes soon??

AA: I am so excited for this group!! I saw your Dahlia costume long before I joined up with this thread and thought you looked awesome. I am glad you have a costume that needs very little fixes. Those are the best. And Dee would be really cool too! I love the bad ladies too.

Any luck so far on your Leila fabric?? So far all I have is the dress fabric for Charlotte, but I think I found the perfect fabric for the inside of Meier's cape. I need to get my butt to the fashion district though and pick up some trims and pretties for those cosplays. :P

The wig: And thanks! I am super happy with it so far.

Oh really?? I had no idea you were a RE fan. Maybe we should do a group of that one day. Heheh.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #1884
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@tifaia/Seifer - I'm not sure I want to do a customer oriented job after this one. They can be really stressful. I think if everyone did a customer service based job at least once in their life and were in that position, people would be a lot nicer to each other. It always reminds me of the movie, Anger Management, with the Cashier and Customer example. The customer is the one always angry and on edge and the cashier has to hold in the stress all day from dealing with customer anger until he can't take it any longer.

@tifaia - I know lots of hiring managers do look at info from Facebook or doing google searches to see what their potential hires do in their free time. If I'm ever in that position, I vow not to do that. I care more about what they bring to the job than what their hobbies are.

And a Teen Titans photoshoot sounds fun too and I will do that. Which character are you going to do?

@Seifer -

I know, right? There are lots of worse things you can do than go to conventions and dress up as fictional characters.

Comics: I just took a look at your page. Wow, that's really amazing. You hand drew all of that? That looks super professional. Someone should definitely publish you Luckily, most of my friends were just fine when I came out of the "cosplay closet" as I like to put it. Just one or two had issues. I wanted to for about 5 years seeing photos on the internet of people having fun but was stupidly worried about what others woud think. I finally decided to do it and have zero regrets and have no intentions of stopping anytime soon. I like to think I have gotten a little better since I started if you see some of my first Zidane pics. That's too bad about your parents, but it's good at least your Dad liked it. Did he go to see the FF6 skit at the time? That was actually one of the few skits I saw that time.

FF6 Group: I remember Esper Terra we saw at Fanime 2011 did a good job with her costume which had some garnments. I can see how just walking around in a pink bodysuit could feel a bit wierd. As far as other FF6 characters besides Gestahl, I think Setzer was one I've wanted to do. For some reason, I like long white haired characters.

RE & Sac-Anime: That should be fun. So is it this version of Jill then - http://sadpanda.us/images/580004-TFTXCJM.jpg? Hopefully, you can find someone to get some fighting pictures of you two as SF characters.

FPS: Well, I'm really hoping people will like a bit more variety in their game selection again. Every new iteration of Call of Duty sells over 30m when jRPGs outside of FF are luck to break the 1m mark, let alone the 500k barrier.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 08-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #1885
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Seifer, ctd.

Zelda: I think I should finish Pen Pen in time. I can't wait to have my large to scale beer prop that I will be walking around. I hope con staff doesn't say I'm promoting alcohol to minors or something and not let me have it since it will be a large barrel with no actual alcohol in it. Good guys I guess just think everyone is as trustworthy as them? I dunno.

Workout: Get back to it!!! I'm kidding. I have slacked a bit too since my friend was here from Boston the last few days. But I do want to go riding again today. I did do a 12 mile bike ride, though, since last post.

SF Photoshoot: That sounds good. Spencer is now learning some photography at the moment. Hopefully, he will be able to get us as Terra and Cecil at some point between Fanime and SC doing some Dissidia stuff, since this time my costume should be a bit better and the standard Dissidia version.

Fanime is looking very likely now. Sakurac-con for sure, and I probably wouldn't work somewhere that wouldn't let me have that weekend off.

Your Dissidia Update: I got some really good info from my friend about doing full armor costumes (including legs / arms / etc) and how to attach it. I may need to share some of it with you at some point. As for the Dark Knight version, I would love to do that. it will probably be a while if I decide to. That looks really complex.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 08-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #1886
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: I don't think I could go back to customer service. It is so stressful. I do agree though that everyone should have to work that type of job at least once in their life. I do feel it would make people not act like jerks towards the people just trying to offer good service to them.

I always thought so about cosplay! I mean I can think of ten things right off the bat that would be worse for me to have as a hobby than cosplay.

Comics: Aww thanks! Ha ha. I am really focusing on improving my style and color lately, so hopefully that will make the comic even better. I actually draw the comic on paper and then ink/color digitally. But I am such a noob with Photoshop that I actually just hand paint everything.

Cosplay Closet: At least it was only one or two. I think it's silly to end a friendship because of cosplay. Really what does it matter what you do in your free time? You aren't hurting anyone and you have a lot of fun meeting new people. As for your Zidane, I would have to see you are improving quite a bit! Even just from the Cecil armor I saw at Fanime, your new one is a huge improvement. And as for my dad, yes he sat through the whole masquerade. Brave man... ha ha! And yays! I am glad you saw it too!

FF6 Group: Yes! That's Hoshikage. She is such a nice lady. I would love to do something similar, but I am really thinking of something more animalistic I think. I like the idea of using suedes for my clothes. I think it might suit Esper Terra more. Setzer would be really cool though! I almost never see any!!

RE & Sac-Anime: Yep! That's the Jill I am going to be doing. And yeah, that would be great to get a few more SF shots, but we will have to see what happens.

FPS: That would be nice to see a wider variety. I am not holding my breath though... The Cookie cutter games sell and companies will always go with what sells. I could so go on a rant about a related note, but I think I will pass.

Pen Pen: That's good to hear! I would hope the con wouldn't interfere with your costume because of possible alcohol promotion. I think so long as you aren't drinking, you should be okay. I know Fanime did not like the chainsaw. They only let us use it for the masquerade. :PI think I should finish Pen Pen in time. I can't wait to have my large to scale beer prop

Workout: I kicked my butt yesterday with my workout! So today I am going to take it a little easy and just to yoga. I hope you are keeping up. Are you at a month now? Or more?

SF Photoshoot: Hooray!! That's great that Spencer is learning to photograph, that must be fun for him. And I would love to do more Dissidia shots! That sounds like a lot of fun.

I am glad Fanime is in the cards again and Sakura con will happen for us for sure. Depending on what work will allow, I still want to take off an extra day or two for fun stuff!

Share away! They might have some really good ideas. I know Eric and I have basically just done a lot of trial and error with ours. A Dark Knight version would be really cool though. Like I said, just keep it for a winter con so you don't die of heat stroke. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #1887
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

So you don't have to do any customer service in your job right now? That must be really nice. I am very much ready to not have to do customer service jobs.

Comic: It looks great so far. But, we all have things we want to work on. Unfortunately, I can't draw for the life of me! So you scan the drawings in, then? I am still working on improving my photoshop skills as well. I'm actually slowly going through the old photoshoots and doing a more detailed photoshop fixing of the images. Hopefully, I can do something about those battle poses that we did if I can keep the tree branches, but do something about the modern buildings. I'll show you if I get done with it.

Exactly. There are lots of things worse than cosplay. Cosplay also requires thinking and problem solving. Like you said, there are lots of other things to do that do the opposite to your brain.

Cosplay Closet: The term, "cosplay closet," almost has a double meaning. Most of us have a cosplay closet or a section of our closets. Most people I know that are opposed to cosplay seem to be interested in game / comics / anime, but want to keep it hidden. I could analyze it more, but I will save it. Thanks for the compliment. We'll see when this Cecil is done, but I think it's already coming along much better now. That's nice of your dad. While my parents support my cosplay, I don't think they would ever go to a con.

FF6 group: I took a look at her profile here. It looks like she did quite a few costumes, including the Umi one you were talking about. Suede sounds like a good plan. The animalistic look will be appropriate since it is an Esper. I've always liked Setzer's airship, "The Blackjack." An airship scene is another one I've always wanted to do for photos, but would be difficult to pull off.

FPS: The gaming industry is becoming more like Hollywood with large budgets, meaning they don't want to take risks. I could go on about it for a while too, but I'm not terribly excited for the next generation now to say the least. More of the same and better graphics.

Pen Pen: It seems cons are getting stricter about certain things all the time like weapon policies. I guess it's when a few people act up, they have to make rules. Fanime got pretty insane with their policy and started registering people who had weapons in addition to inspecting them.

Workout: Good to hear your workout went really well! I did the same yesterday. This time, I did 16 miles on my bike - so I'm increasing it slowly. Plus a couple hours of walking Akiba, who is very high energy. I think it is about a month, but two weeks for the biking. I think I'll need to adjust my diet as well. I would like to lose more pounds. It could be going to leg muscle doing all that riding, though.

SF shoot: I think he is enjoying it as well. Terra is normally a full day costume for you, right? I may do the FF6 shots as a photog. and then get into Cecil after or before b/c I probably won't last more than a few hours in that. Hopefully work will let you come up early. That will be fun.

Armor: I'll have to figure out a way to share this stuff. He drew me a diagram. Maybe I'll redraw it so it's easier to understand. And yeah, Dark Knight will be either for indoors or cooler weather.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 08-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #1888
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion:

I have to deal with customers a bit actually. I am a receptionist, so I am greeting them and answering phones. I really just meant I don't think I could do retail again. :P

Comic: Photoshop has a lot of features that I don't really know how to use. I took a few classes on it when i was going to school, but it's changed a bit since then and we never did discuss everything about the program. I think the best way to learn it would probably to experiment or get a book and follow along. As for the battle poses, if nothing does turn out we can do a better one next year. I will make sure the chainsaw comes with us. If you do finish any, i would love to see them though!

Ha ha, glad you agree. Just to expand on the positive effects of cosplay: you have to learn multiple skills and apply them into one creation. You have to sew, sculpt, act, pose, photograph, do makeup... that's a lot of things to learn how to do just for one hobby.

Cosplay Closet: ha ha true about the double meaning!! And I too have met people that were afraid to admit they liked games/comics/anime... I always thought that was a weird thing to hide. Who cares? I am really looking forward to seeing your Cecil armor completed, I am sure you will be pleased with it. As for my dad, I am surprised he came myself. He seemed to have fun, but he is kind of a big kid that way.

FF6 group: Yes she is a talented cosplayer and like I said, she's super nice. As for my Esper: I think I am just looking for an excuse to use suede, it's one of my favorite materials to use. I want to try to go for the changing werewolf look. Clothed, but tattered. As for Setzer and his airship, i think that would probably have to be a built set... unless you know of any places that could pass for the interior... ^^;

FPS: Exactly. It's really unfortunate too because it was the oddball games that I usually looked forward to. There are very few games I buy now... I think the next one I am waiting for is AC3... wow is that it?? Really?

Pen Pen: Yeah the rules are getting pretty bad. Like you said, I think it's the few that ruin it for the many. I can't believe Fanime was registering people who had their weapons inspected... Yeesh!

Workout: I am glad to hear you are sticking with it. Having kept it up for a month is awesome! I am only at two - three weeks myself. I find though that after the first month it starts to get easier and you see more results. At least you would hope. Dieting is good too if you want to see faster results. Me personally, I just use moderation. Eat a little less so I can still eat what I want.

SF shoot: That's good, photography is a lot of fun! As for Terra, with the new wig, I should be able to stay in her for longer. I am not sure how long Eric will last in the Edgar armor, but we will test that out before then. And yes, i hope I can get the extra time off too! I will put it on the calendar as soon as I can.

Armor: Okay, I look forward to it!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-09-2012, 06:24 PM   #1889
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@ Seifer:

Work: I see. I do a little bit of that as well at my job right now. When I'm working by myself at the studio, I pretty much have to do everything. Lots of times customers all want my attention at once.

Comic: There is quite a learning curve in Photoshop. I've read a couple books and gone through some Scott Kelby examples. I've also looked at some youtube videos on how to do various things. The most difficult things are dealing with hair or branch selections and trying to get every strand. Every version of photoshop is getting easier though, as the AI becomes more effective. Speaking of battle scene, Didn't someone hold a huge drawing of a monster during your skit at Fanime that year?

Positive Effects: Very true about that. I never thought I would get so much experience in woodworking and carpentry. And I probably wouldn't get into photography had it not been for this hobby either. Then there is always the sense of accomplishment when you get a costume done and get compliments.

Cosplay Closet: Speaking of that, I was actually talking to someone at the dog park the other day and got on the topic of cosplay. She said she was really interested in doing it but would not because she is afraid of the reaction of her friends / family. I was kind of sad for her on what she is missing out on. You only live once, right? I guess lots of people going to cons and into cosplay are big kids. Or just adults that want to have fun because there really shouldn't be an age limit for it.

With the Cecil armor, I'm thinking of putting another layer of wonderflex on it to make the structure more rigid - especially on the pauldrons. Maybe also to smooth things? Did you do more than one layer on Zant's helmet or Zelda's armor?

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 08-09-2012, 06:25 PM   #1890
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Continued...

FF6 group: Suede would be really nice. Is it expensive material? Does it do well with the machine or do you have to hand sew? I wonder if I could use it for pieces of Zidane, like his holster and belt. The airship would be an expensive scene to do, unless enough people could donate to the cause or something. As for the interior, maybe a Casino? We have a few around here, but trying to convince them to allow us to do cosplay photography may be a different story.

FPS: Speaking of AC, one of my friends that will be at next Sakuracon did a really good Ezio. I don't know if you saw him, but I think he was hanging around us at Fanime last year. I think Ni no Kuni (the Ghibli game) and Tales of Xillia are the only ones I'm looking forward to now. I don't know about Halo 4, but it's from a different company. But I've always preferred shooting real guns at targets, and am much better at it, than playing FPS games.

Pen Pen: They wrote down my badge number and description of a weapon + character. They didn't do that with you when you were there?

Workout: The workout has made me so much less stressed and made me feel much better during the day. I don't know if you have felt the same effects. Cosplay is a good motivator, but the results are good for every facet of life I think. I've heard lots of people had good success with the South Beach diet, but I don't know if I'm disciplined enough to do such a regiment right now.

SF shoot: I've become a photo addict since starting. It's just expensive is the main problem. It took me a while to get over the price of lenses. Hopefully, the Edgar armor will work for Eric and it won't be too uncomfortable. It seems the be the boots and wigs that are always points of discomfort in costumes. I guess as soon as our jobs start looking for time off requests, then we can try. I'm hoping not to be in retail at that point because week before Easter may be an issue.

Armor: So I guess the female internal structure is a bit different than the one I have. I'll have to ask him about that since that will probably be the most helpful in this thread. It's basically a suit of leather strapping, which could easily be nylon strapping for cosplay since it doesn't need to be used for real effective armor.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)