Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #1906
Nefer
Silver fox

@Liliana: ...it's not the coat itself that will be interesting to see....but how in the world I'll manage to BRING it to the con that will be x'D That thing won't fit in a luggage I'm almost sure xD ...*twitch at hearing song* You know how much I looooveeee that song since 2010 (no wait, 2009, my friends started annoying me to no end with it the instant I made it official I'd make his Crisis Core outfit -_-; ), don't you? Sing it too much at the con and I'll start singing THAT song when nearby, you knowwwww...that 80s song so fitting for Emperor? *evil smirk* And no, I won't care if you won't be in the 'good' version for it either xD

@MDA: You can do it! ^^ ...we all have too many cosplays to finish, I still have to start Rosa for GAnime, then Setzer for ConG, and then Edgar and Sephiroth for Anime North O_O ...along with two others I'm not talking about xD

@tifaia: Oh, thanks for the trick, I'll try it for sure! ...as soon as I manage to find the jewel back, it was laying on the kitchen counter to be sure I wouldn't lose it or deform it, but my mother has stored it god-knows-where, and asking her won't help, she won't remember where she's put it as usual -_-; But thanks! I'll keep that in mind And you know what? For the no-villains-convention? It may help rebalancing your brain, aka it may not be in an evil mood next time and make you make a cosplay 2 weeks before the con x'D No villains cons is actually quite refreshing once in a while, I'm still surprised I managed to have 2 in a row this year myself O.o x'D

On that...Sephirothhh~ ...GAH LILIANA, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!!! *go hit head on wall multiple times to get the evil song out*

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #1907
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Nefer: .....
Estuans!! interius!! Ira veheeeeementi!!
Estuans! interius!! Ira veheeeementi!!
Sephiroth! *drags out the maracas* 8D
dun dun dun dun dun dun duuuun dun..
SEPHIROTH!!!!!
dun dun dun dun dun dun duuuun dun..
*starts kicking cymbols*
Estuans!! interius!! Ira veheeeeementi!!
Estuans! interius!! Ira veheeeementi!!
SEPHI- !!! *piano falls on head* ..................... @_@;; ~~

Shoot... THAT 80's song for Emperor now... I better be more careful what I sing next time. I've done more than enough 'magic dancing' in this cosplay life time lol. Anyhoo ya.... I hope you can bring Sephiroths Dissidia KH version to the con ok too, without any problems O_O better than Adel I guess???

@MDA: Good luck with all that as usual! ^___^ and ya! you need more ref pics! hehehe 8D And ya, I hope I can make emperor's wings collapsible too. If I have time, time is tight with all these big cosplay projects. >>;;

@Tifaia: What?! no villains?! *falls out of chair* You must not end the cycle! XD hey, have you ever thought of cosplaying Ultimecia by the way? I dunno why, but I can see you as her so well. Good to hear about your Celes wig too!! Where did you buy yours from? and LOL!! uhh... sorry for getting ya'll on the FF VI train?? x'D how is that my fault... *sob sob* At least it wasn't the 'phantom train' xP
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 12:50 PM   #1908
Seifer-sama

@ Final Evangelion:
Work: Like I said, I would rather have it speed by and me be busy than sitting there wishing it was over.

Photoshop: A ColorChecker sounds like a cool and useful tool!! As for the Wacom, I love it personally. I think I have an Intuous 4 and itís awesome! I donít think you have to just use it for drawing, I am sure just photo editing would be easier using a Wacom than a mouse.

Cosplay Closet: Oh wow ha ha, okay so you also totally understand the embarrassment of first cosplays. Weíll just called it a learning experience and leave it at that. :P As for Zelda, yeah I was talking about the purple top, I thought thatís what you were asking about. The actual dress is made out of a duchess satin (bridal fabric). Itís super lovely and I would use it for any fancy dresses. I am actually going to use it for Charlotte when I get to her (Vampire Hunter D). I totally agree with you about those Chinese costumes. Everything about them just says ďfakeĒ. And like you said, a lot of the time they donít even get the colors right!

FPS & Ezio: It sounds like Scupley is similar to Model Magic. Anyway, I hope he was able to fix it.

Guns: Oh I am sure he would be happy to speak to another gun enthusiast. And wow, that gun is hugeÖ I think it would probably be too big for me. :P

Workout: I think I have the same goal in mind as you. I do agree though, I think after three months it pretty much is part of your routine. You are almost there now right?? Weight lifting isn't bad if you put on some good music or a good movie/show. All you have to do is just listen to that while you count. I can see how nice bike trails would be more motivating though. I wish we had more bike trails around here.

SF Shoot: Yes I was comparing it to the D3200. The person whose review I really liked had the pros and cons of both cameras and the D5100 sounded more like what I needed. Wow, that was a great review. I think it just further proved that this would be a great camera for me to get. :P And thanks for the lens rental links. Thatís too awesome!

@ Nefer: Oooh I see. That could do it. Itís okay though, sometimes silly things just happen. You have to post pictures of the wings when you get to it! I love wings.  And itís always a good idea to get prescribed contacts if you can afford it. I do just because I donít want anything to go wrong. O_O And yep! Esper Terra!! I am pretty excited actually.

@ Liliana: Welcome back! I look forward to seeing the reavamps! Thatís so exciting! I am still really looking forward to your Celes too! And wow, I had no idea you were making Esper Terra! How cool! I am going to do the purple version of Terra too! Itís my favorite and itís the original anyway. :P

@ MDA: Welcome back!! Wow you sound super busy though! You have so many projects. :P I look forward to all of them though. Please post some pictures when you can!!

@ Tifaia: Yays! Welcome back as well! You crazy lady picking up more cosplay plans!! Thatís cool that your Celes wig came though! I canít wait to see what yours looks like!! And omg, no villains from you?? I am super shocked!! I still look forward to pictures though.

Cosplay Update: I found some super cool fabric for Esper Terra at the store this weekend. I saw it and I knew I must have it! Itís a purple and black zebra stripe fabric and I think it will really work for her. I decided that I think I am just going to stick with the body suit but have a few waist wraps. I am also tossing around the idea of doing light tiger stripes along the body suit for extra detailsÖ we will see though! I still have to wait for it to arrive!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #1909
MDA
Destiny Productions

@tifaia : I know xD I have the pieces cut out, so I just need to put them together. So I shall hopefully have pics soon!!! Hopefully

@Nefer : Yay big cosplays! Why do we do this to ourselves? All but one of our cosplays together next year are big... FFVI, FFDissidia, and then other things... GAH XD

@Liliana : Yeah, more refs of Kefka are needed. Ultimecia I managed a lot. And she's not as crazy-patterned as Kefka xD Our wings will be fun.
Are you going to do your wings similar to you did the first time? Or are you going to use real feathers? Or the old wings?

@Seifer : Yeah, the cosplay work never seems to be over xD I'll post pics when I can! Hopefully by end of Wednesday I'll have one or two for CoD. Hopefully *fingers crossed*

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2012, 08:37 PM   #1910
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@everyone: Hey. -waves- Not much is going on here, but I'm about to get a massive influx of cosplay supplies, I think, and I'm still working on this stinking blanket embroidery. -headdesk- Not going to AFest, so I'm kinda pouting too. God my con season has sucked this year. -cosplayrage-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 02:17 AM   #1911
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Nefer - Well, I have used Fiberglass resin (both Epoxy and Polyester). The polyester resin is the super toxic kind, but cheaper. The Epoxy resin isn't so bad and is the stuff that goes on countertops at bars and what not. I'm in an apartment too, but I do have a balcony that I can use for letting things dry / cure. Thanks for the suggestion about cake coloring. I will have to try that. I'll have to try the cups.

@Liliana - I think everyone has their signature cosplay they like. Like I said, we need out Emperor shoot at Anime North 2014 when I bring Gestahl. I'm getting hyped about that cosplay when I should concentrate more on Cecil. That's cool that you and Seifer are both doing the Esper version.

@MDA - Sounds like you have been really busy with several cosplays. Is Minaba Kuja this one right here? - http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...MinabaKuja.jpg Looks kind of like a pirate, but looks really cool.

@tifaia - A known character? I'm excited to see what it is. Can't wait to see some progress shots of Celes.

@Seifer -

Photoshop: It is pretty amazing how off the colors can be from the camera in various lighting conditions. Some people spend lots of times getting the color correction just right. Sometimes for dramatic effects, you want a little bit different color. I googled that one, and it does look pretty cool. It is more expensive than some, but I suppose it's all about the precision, right?

Cosplay Closet: Very true about it being a learning experience. I think everyone has to go through it at some point or another and just get themselves out there. Bridal fabric does look pretty nice. Is this the version of Charlotte you are doing - http://www.sfolse.net/cos/pics/charlotte1.jpg? If so, it would seem that fabric would work pretty well. I even heard that some of those costumes would be advertised differently that what they really are. Some actually use people's costume photos unknowingly from what I have heard. Pretty shady stuff.

FPS & Ezio - I don't think I've used Model magic. You did a few times, right?

Guns: Well, that gun has quite good range from what I hear. I'm sure the recoil force on that gun would be quite intense.

Workout: Well, I think I'm about at two months right now. The Bike riding has been a little over a month and have been doing that about 3-4 times a week. But now I have started eating a bit healthier as well since I was losing the pounds as fast as I want. But I haven't completely cut out the good stuff yet I'll just have to force myself to lift weights at the apartment fitness center. Were you sore the first time you did it? People here are pretty enthusiastic about having nice bike trails and what not. I need to take my camera and get a few landscape shots on them at some point. Texas didn't have any, but then again - it's too warm for that.

SF Shoot: Hopefully, the D5100 will work out for you. If you do get that, I really do recommend using Lightroom for fixing photos up in brightness, exposure, etc. It's a really useful program. I've rented a couple times from Lens Rentals and I found them to be really good. Lenses are really expensive and often times are more than the camera body themselves. But they really do go a lot more than the body for image quality and sharpness. Although the body is more or less related to the noise at higher ISO's. But I can get really technical, so I'll spare you on that unless you want to know.

Your Cosplay Update: That's cool you got the fabric. Hopefully the tiger stripes work for you.

My Dissidia Update: Cricket *** Chirp *** Tumbleweed Rolls. Was going to do stuff with my pauldrons today, but got called into work at the last minute.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #1912
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: I hear you! Still though, I hope to see some progress!!

@ Terra~Esper: Sorry to hear your con year sucked. Honestly I am sort of in the same boat. There has been a lot of drama in the background that has made the cons stressful. All you can do is hope that next year will be better! I am looking forward to seeing you post more here!!

@ Final Evangelion:

Photoshop: I have noticed quite a bit of color difference from camera screen to computer screen. On the camera it's crisp and bright, on the computer it's dull and boring. I try to not add too many effects to my photos if I can help it. I usually just like to adjust the color just a tad and that's about it. As for the Wacom, I use it for drawing so it has some fancier features to it. I am not sure if all of those are necessary for just photo editing though. I guess that would be your call.

Cosplay Closet: I totally agree. I think sometimes it's good to start with a cosplay experience like that so you are inspired to work harder. I would also hope that coming from a humble beginning means that the popularity wouldn't go to their head. As for Charlotte, I am actually doing her dress at the end of the movie: http://i29.tinypic.com/2hrle1e.jpg As for the Chinese costumes, I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't advertised correctly. It's all about the sale.

FPS & Ezio - Model Magic is actually pretty useful for the right projects. I use it on pieces that I know I won't break or smash. :P I have used it for my Vaati and Zelda crown. I usually have a wonderflex base and use the model magic for the details. It works pretty well that way.

Guns: The biggest gun I shot was Eric's sniper rifle. I did hit the target, but my shoulder was soooo sore after that! I am surprised it didn't bruise. :P

Workout: Two months through is still really good. That's more than halfway there! I think it's also good that you are eating healthier. That is also really important if you want to lose weight. I still haven't reached that point yet... :P As for lifting weights, yeah I was pretty sore the first few times, but it does get easier. I am weird though and I prefer to feel sore the next day. It lets me know I did a good job. As for the bike trails, that would be fun to go shoot a couple landscapes. I think trails like that are great for photoshoots too.

SF Shoot: I hope the camera will too! Well when I get the money to buy it. :P What is Lightroom exactly and is that something I would have to buy as well? I think I probably will try the lens rental place. I think that would be a good idea to test out a few lenses and see what really works for me and what I need. I have noticed that the lens can be just as expensive as the camera, so if I did buy one, I would want to be as sure as possible that it would work for me. As for the technical details, when I get the camera and start learning more I might have to ask for more information. I think right now it would just go over my head. :P

Esper Terra: I hope so too! I will test it out and see what it looks like. I may ask the thread's opinion too since we all seem to be FF6 fans.

Your Update: Aww that stinks. Well hopefully you will have a few days off soon so you can work on something.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #1913
Nefer
Silver fox

@Liliana: Teach you right for singing it after my warning! *sits on piano and starts humming THE song* .... .... .... Gah ok, here...*push piano off Emperor-chan* I feel like we'll both start singing THAT at AN if I even start and scare off any normal cosplayers around by seeing two villains singing that.... *sweatdrop* ...and ya, I think it will be a tiny bit better than Adel yes x'D ...though not by much xD But Anime North I can go by car etc, I don't need to take the train/bus so it helps a lot, I may even borrow my parents minivan if we're enough people to go together.

@Seifer-sama: I'll try to remember to post progress pics then ^^ ...Liliana, remind me of that on msn will you? Because you know how bad I am with progress pics posting, I forgot to even take pics of Terra's sword and dagger and Marth's sword before giving them to my friends ^^; ...for the contacts, well Sephiroth's contacts do have prescription in them (-6.00, I need it xD), but they're thicker than my normal contacts so I can't wear them for very long before my eyes start screaming bloody murder ^^; That's why I want to ask for a free trial of good quality contact lenses from my optometrist without any power to put underneath them, to see if it will help since the thicker contacts won't be touching my eyes directly but the plano contacts instead, so it may help in wearing them longer... I'm wondering for Esper Terra, are you planning on using fangs? (some people do and some don't, I'd really need to finish playing FF6 to see if it's accurate or not xD).

@MDA: ...I'll...get killed...by lots of people here xD, but....actually I don't see Rosa as 'that difficult', and neither is Edgar for that matter xD ...Setzer depends on the details I add...Sephiroth isn't THAT bad apart from the wing...so ya, it's not THAT bad for next year, just...lots of stuff to make lol.

@FinalEvangelion: Ah, nice! If you don't have neighboor who minds the scent, then it sounds like a good (and cheaper) alternative to craft store resin O.o ...though personally I don't trust the 'top of counter' resin anymore, last time I did after a month it started turning white and I could only use it for Faris since her gems didn't need to be transparent -_-; Guess it depends on the brand though, it's nice if you found a good one! ^^

...Nothing new about neither of my upcoming dissidia cosplay, been stuck digging out my ff12 game and playing it again, stupid mines and esper room when you think you've finally found a save point *twitch*. *cough* anyway xD ...gotta find WHERE my Laguna wig went, I actually brought my EXTENSIONS at Otakuthon instead of the wig (good thing my roomate had a short black wig I could add my extensions in), go figure x'D ...I really need to label my wig/extensions bags xD

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2012, 09:11 PM   #1914
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Seifer-sama: Haha yays! We are both going purple!! XD I can't wait to see what you'll do with your esper version. I haven't really started very much on Terra yet. (got some of her claws trimmed out?) Right now I am mostly worried about the body suit, how to sew it and everything... and what fabric to use. I'm worried about the fabric lol. since it will be white, and have to be stretchy... I don't want it to be all 'see-though' like most white fabric is either... O_O

@FinalEvangelion: Oh yes indeed!! *O* That pic would just be way too epic... 2 obscure FF emperor cosplays together.. I've been excited for that cosplay of yours for a long time now. It would be too cool to see it in person! See, I am even excited for it.

@MDA: I'll use real feathers this time that hopefully I can get cheap. As for how I am going to build it, it'll be whichever way is the cheapest lol. XD

@Nefer: Owie... Thanks for getting that thing off me, *kicks piano* but I am pretty sure you are the one who dropped it on my head lol. And LOL!!!! ....ok... how about I make a deal... whichever cosplayer/congoer sings.... your song lol. I'll 'dance magic dance' everytime time that happens to get even with you. xP Just think! They'll be so puzzled by Emperor Bowie that they'll stop singing it to you xPPP *BUBBLING UP A VERY BAD IDEA* x.x
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2012, 02:34 AM   #1915
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Photoshop: Did you ever go through a screen calibration? I went through that and I had to re-edit so many of my photos. It's mostly so that they will print the same way that they appear on the screen. I always try to make my images as true to the scene as possible as well. I don't know if I'm a huge fan of excessive Photoshopping. I'm thinking I could go with a bit cheaper Wacom for just photo editing. It's mostly to have something with more control and precision in highlighting / un-highlighting the mask area. For example, if I have to edit the color of the costume vs. the skin tone or background. That's when I use the masks the most. So the Wacom would probably help alot with that kind of thing.

Cosplay Closet: That's true. Sometimes, people need to remember where they came from. I always want to make beginner cosplayers feel welcome as they will generally get better over time and practice. That dress looks super nice and I think that bridal fabric will be perfect for it.

FPS & Ezio: I see. I'll have to give model magic a try. I have used Paperclay too on some things, which is really light and sands. The only trouble is how easy it cracks compared to other kinds of clay.

Guns: It does take a little while to get used to the recoil on some guns. I have gotten a couple bruises, to be honest. On a high caliber pistol, I have felt pretty bad between the thumb and index finger just from that recoil. BTW, does Eric and/or you do airsoft as well?

Workout: Thanks. I do really feel motivated to go out and do the bike riding these days. I do have lots of fun doing it. And to say my progress, I did do 40 miles today. Feeling pretty tired right now and will probably fall dead asleep once I finish posting here. I have to say, I did see some pretty nice places for photoshoots as well along the trail. We may be able to go with that. There are nice rivers in the background.

SF Shoot: Lightroom is an Adobe software used to quickly process photos and adjust things like the exposures, brightness, noise reduction, white balance, etc. As for buying it, it is a piece of software But I personally try to support the development of software products as much as possible. Regardless, it really helps and is much faster to go through especially when processing a bunch of photos from cons. If you aren't processing mass quantities of photos, Photoshop works pretty well too.

I actually rented a lens for Fanime 2011 and ended up buying that lens for Sakura-Con 2012 because I liked it so much. It was really versatile, fast, and had good background blur. And definitely feel free to ask me stuff once you get the camera. After me asking so much stuff about cosplay related stuff, I think I can divulge some info about photography

Esper Terra: Hope it works out well for you.

My update: Well, that's how my work works. A Day Off is more like a "Day Off." Hope to have a solid day off as well soon.

@Nefer: I would only use epoxy and polyester resin for covering props and weapons that I will be painting over. Like you, I would probably use craft store resin for gems and what not. One of my friends has some that I may use, actually.

@Liliana: For sure. I can't wait to start myself. It looks like I may be having a cool secret prop that I'll be carrying around that you may get a kick out of

@Terra-Esper: Sorry to hear it's been a not so good year for cons. Hopefully it gets better next year. My job is doing the same thing for me I'm afraid.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 08-22-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Unread 08-22-2012, 11:13 AM   #1916
Seifer-sama

@ Nefer: Thanks! I look forward to the pictures. And I see what you mean with the contacts. I did Kakashi once many years ago and the contact I had was super thick and would irritate my eye. Hopefully you can figure something out though. As far as fangs for Esper Terra, that might be pretty cool actually. I will have to see what I can do!

@ Liliana: Yays!! That's cause the purple is the way to go. :P I am also excited to see your Esper Terra! You will probably finish yours well before I finish mine. :P As for the bodysuit, I didn't pick white because I was really worried about... stuff showing through. I actually have a purple bodysuit that I will just paint lighter. I am almost tempted to get myself and airbrush so I can airbrush the paint on, but we will see. It would be nice if I could just rent an airbrush or something.

@ FinalEvangelion:

Photoshop: Hmm I am not sure if I did a screen calibration... I don't even think I would know how either! ^^; I agree with you in the sense that I am not a huge fan of a lot of photoshopping. I guess I always figured a good photo shouldn't need a lot of editing. As for the Wacom, there are lots of really nice cheaper ones that I think might work for you. I agree though, for things like masks and selecting specific areas, the Wacom would give you more control than a mouse would.

Cosplay Closet: I think making beginner cosplayers feel welcomed is really important. It doesn't matter what level they on, everyone shoudl feel welcomed, but the beginners are the ones that probably need it most. I think people need to know that they are doing a good job and that it's okay to struggle, it's how you learn, and they will get better. And thanks for the compliments on Charlotte, I am super excited. I actually already have all of my fabric, I just need to start patterning. :P

FPS & Ezio: Paperclay is wonderful for anything that needs to be sanded super smooth, but it is pretty brittle. Model magic can also be sanded but isn't nearly as breakable, and it's even lighter than paperclay. If you don't get the chance to use it before Sakuracon I will let you take a look at my Zelda crown so you can get an idea.

Guns: Ow yeah! I have had the palm of my hand hurt after shooting before! Figures it was my right hand too. :P as for Airsoft, I never have but Eric has. I am not sure if he has recently, but he probably would if we have friends in the area that wanted to.

Workout: I am glad you are so motivated. It sounds like you are doing really well, more than me anyway. I need to step it up a notch! And as for doing photoshoots along the trails, I think that would be great. I always thought forested pathways would be perfect for any video game/anime where the characters do a lot of travelling.

SF Shoot: Thanks for the information on that program. I will have to see how much it is going for and if I can work it into my budget. I get the feeling that as soon as I buy the camera I might have to be cheap for a while so I can save up.

That's awesome about the lens! I guess renting it does have advantages. You get the chance to try something out before you buy it and just getting to try something you might not otherwise have the chance to. Oh believe me, I will be asking lots of questions when the time comes. You will be so sick of me and my questions. :P

Esper Terra: Me too! I am just "patiently" waiting for the bodysuit to arrive. It doesn't even look like they have shipped it yet.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-22-2012, 09:38 PM   #1917
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Final : Yep, tha'ts Minaba Kuja I want to try embroidery for design on the back

@Seifer : I sadly wasn't able to get any work done on CoD today, but I'm hoping next Wednesday I'll get everything put together!

@Nefer : There's always lots of stuff to make. Doesn't help you fill both your hands with props xD Stop doing that and you can take pics at cons again!

@Liliana : Try the dollar store! I got feathers for doing a hip skirt similar to Lightning's one in XIII-2 (fyi, I did the design five years ago, I finally feel confident enough to make it for next year) at the dollar store. Look for Craft Medley products

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #1918
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Bummer, but it's okay. Sometimes time just gets away from us. :P Hopefully you will be able to start working on her soon! Good luck with your other projects too!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:35 PM   #1919
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Photoshop: There are special devices that are used for calibrating monitors and the software changes some of the settings in the video card. I used something like this - although a previous model - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r4Express.html. I think I may look for some cheaper Wacoms. It was pretty frustrating taking out a modern sign with the mouse on the FF6 shoot.

Cosplay Closet: I totally agree. I'm amazed how many people can be nasty to others that aren't at the same level. It's the same way with any hobby. Everyone has to start somewhere. That's good you have all your fabric ready to go and one less future expense to have to worry about.

FPS & Ezio: I'm not sure I will be using paperclay. Do you recommend modeling magic for details that need to go over wood on weapons and props? I'm always trying to figure out ways of making those details better and more sturdy. I've usually put a coat of fiberglass resin to keep the paperclay from breaking. Do you plan on taking TP Zelda to Sakura-con next year? Then I may really have to get Zora Armor done.

Guns: I always found Airsoft to be more fun than playing regular FPSs. It feels more real and as I said before, other people that play FPSs online can really not fun to play with.

Workout: I'm really feeling much more motivated since I started. I'm sure you can find your motivation, though! It would definitely be good I think for games like FF (at least the not so Sci-Fi ones). I'll have to take some pictures along the pathways (well, they are paved bike roads - but they are along rivers).

SF Shoot: Lightroom 4 is the newest one - http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._Software.html BTW, what version of photoshop are you using right now? It may have some similar features

Lens: I really love the lens I used. I could always get really beautiful photos from it. I have no problem with you asking a bunch of questions. And I don't think I could ever get sick talking about photography I love talking about this kind of stuff.

Esper Terra: Hopefully, they ship that bodysuit. I sometimes get nervous with ebay sellers that I have not used about whether they are going to ship out their products. It sounds like you are excited to start working on it though! I'm excited for the Gestahl scarves as well.

@MDA - Good luck. I'm sure it will turn out great.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 08-24-2012, 12:07 PM   #1920
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion:

Photoshop: Oh okay, wow, I had no idea. :P I think a cheaper Wacom would be awesome for you. I am sure it would have made taking out the sign much easier. ^^;

Cosplay Closet: I am amazed too. We are a community of people who all like the same thing and though there are different skill levels, I don't believe that the superior attitude it necessary. We all did start from the ground and worked our way up.

FPS & Ezio: Hmm I guess it really depends on the prop. For my Terra sword I used paperclay because I am usually pretty tough on my props and I wanted to be able to sand it super smooth. I like the idea of coating the paperclay with resin though, that would probably really help make it stronger. As for Zelda, I think we were planning on bringing the TP group to Sakura con, so if you can be ready with Zora Link that would be really cool!

Guns: Ha ha, I think I am just a wimp. I don't really want to get shot. I have seen some of the bruises that my friends have walked away with. I think I will just make that one a spectator sport.

Workout: The weather is cooling down here finally, so I think I am going to just try and get a run in when and where I can. It's pretty tough for me to wake up earlier, but I just need to start and then it will get easier. The pathways you bike on sound awesome. : )

SF Shoot: Oh okay good to know! As for my Photoshop, I think I have CS4? I think. Does that have the same features?

Lens: I am glad you are happy with the lens you bought! That's good to know, you will probably get a lot of questions from me. :P

Esper Terra: I think they said they needed to get one from the factory... so I am not sure what that means, but hopefully it will arrive soon. I am very excited about this project though. It's a big different from what I normally do, but different is exciting. I really can't wait to see you start Gestahl!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV