Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #1936
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Glad to hear you are planning on working on Cloud of Darkness! I hear you about sewing stuff being messy. My house is in mess mode right now because of Edgar... :P Hopefully you will be able to get back to it very soon.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-07-2012, 06:19 AM   #1937
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer:

Wacom: Because of working all the extra hours for that freebie at work that we had, I was able to get the Wacom from a store that matched internet prices. It's the Bamboo Capture I plugged it in, but haven't started messing with it too much. It seems pretty complex, but I should be able to get it eventually.

Zant: I see. I wouldn't mind seeing that one a little more up close. That always seemed like an intriguing project.

Swords: I'm sure he would like that as a Christmas present. I have a Ryobi one that works pretty well. I've cut through oak, which is really tough. For the Duke Sword (Dein Nomos) that is.

Mascots: Well, for Pen Pen (I will probably do the same for Raku), I am trying to have as many sewn seams between pieces so it looks nice and clean. Gluing pieces next to each other can look a little messy. I'll take photos of as much of my progress with Pen Pen as possible. Once I fiberglass the head, I'm going to start putting the fleece (since it's a penguin) on his head.

Workout: I bet it gives you a good workout. Running in general has never been to friendly with me. If I went to a gym, I'd generally do the elliptical over a treadmill. Chlorine can definitely be really annoying in the pool. I did do a little walking while at PAX lugging around some photography stuff. I also did a 40 mile bike ride the day after. I think I have been overdoing the biking in general, so I'm limiting myself to 20-30 miles a day for a while. I need to do some more weight training because apparently doing only cardio burns muscle instead of fat.

Esper Terra: It sounds like the duct tape dummy idea works pretty well. I guess I should make one of myself for various projects. Spraypainting seems to work better for a universal smooth look. I think it's better for sci-fi armor. For Cecil, I really want some precise weathering.

Dissidia Update: That would definitely be cool if you could get out to Lithia again. That place seemed to work really well for Terra last time. If I remember correctly, I think Terra called Edgar and Locke by Mr. Edgar and Mr. Locke in the game. I think with FF9, I restarted the game the very next day. So when do you think Rapunzel will be good to go?

My Update: Well, nothing related to Dissidia until I finish Pen Pen (trying to get through it as fast as possible). With Pen Pen (I'll put my update here since I don't know where else I can - don't yell at me), I decided to fiberglass the head to make it more rigid and "professional." So I've been putting layers of glue on the tape over the foam to protect the foam from meltage from the fiberglass. The next step is to do the fiberglassing. Time to use the mask, eyewear, latex glove because that stuff is toxic to all hell.

@MDA - Hope Cloud Of Darkness goes well. I'm thinking my roommate isn't going to be the happiest person in the world as I get through this Pen Pen over the next week or two.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #1938
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva:

Wacom: Awesome!! I hope you get the chance to try it out very soon! I guess you could mess with some of photos from the FF6 shoot you were struggling with.

Zant: I will be bringing it to Sakura con, but you might have to remind me when I do see you.

Swords: I think so too! Plus it helps with the cosplay. So is there a brand/type you would recommend? I don't know much about them. I like the sound of the one you have though since it cut through oak.

Mascots: I can see how gluing seams might make things messy. I did find a tutorial on how to make custom patterns for mascot heads. It was similar to a custom plushie pattern I found once. Basically you use aped cellophane to cover the head and mark out the seams with a pen. Once cut, those are your pattern pieces. Pretty crazy stuff! I would love to see the progress for Pen Pen though!

Workout: It really is. I picked it back up today and I would like to keep it up every other day. I have also been going on bike rides later in the evening. I need to pick up the weight lifting again though. As for the gym, I loved the elliptical!! It would always be my choice over a treadmill. I am glad you are limiting yourself on the bike rides though and I think adding weight lifting to your routine is a good idea.

Esper Terra: Duct tape dummies might save you a lot of stress in the end, especially if you have a custom fitted suit/paint job. Even an adjustable mannequin will never be your exact shape and size. The dummies are nice too because you can pull out the stuffing and store them away. Speaking of which, is Spencer still on for Skullomania? I haven't heard anything. No rush, I was just curious.

Dissidia Update: I am hoping to get back to Lithia in the fall. Maybe the colors will look really nice with my costume! Here's hoping! Aww, I should use the Mr. Locke and Mr. Edgar when I am trying to be in character. As for Rapunzel, I have no idea. Ha ha!! I am still waiting for the printed fabric to show up, but then after that I have to pattern a corset... not fun. I also have a tiny bit of embroidery left on the sleeves. I am thinking it might be best to put her off to next next year since this con year is so busy.

Your Update: I think the fiberglass will work really well for Pen Pen, at least from what you have told me about it. Good luck with that part of it, it sounds tedious!

Something Dissidia Related: .... Hm... Yeah I got nothin'. :P Now that Terra is re-fixed again, I don't expect to have anything Dissidia related until I work on Edea. Unless Edgar and Sabin count. :P

@ Everyone: Where are you guys??

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #1939
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@seifer: In stalking mode. I have no progress to report and no con happiness, so I don't really have much to talk about right now. -pout- Finally got that baby blanket done, straining my wrist and slicing open my finger in the process. Once I heal I'm probably going to start Celes again.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #1940
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Terra: *hugglies!* And apparently Yulecon is cancelled this year. The chairmen finally announced it, unofficially, during AFest. So it's next year for us.

@All: Um.... this: http://www.cosplay.com/showpost.php?...postcount=1826 lol Going to get started on 3 costumes this month (the third is for a Ninja Scroll group).

CoD...hmmm. Poor thing. She has no hope of getting started this year.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 08:17 PM   #1941
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer & Final: I'm very excited about getting back to work on CoD. I have all the pieces cut out, just need to sew them together.

Though I came to discover, I need to buy new gold fabric since the remainder I had from making Kuja ended up being used to work on Princess Velvet. So I need to buy some to do the golden parts on the skirt and do my idea for the "tentacles"? or Om and Nom as tifaia says for hers :P

I do have some gold, but I'm using it for Rydia's boots. So, need that.

@tifa : No CoD? D8

On the Ultimecia front: I started drafting out patterns for the wings, and I'm trying to keep them travel-sized but still bad ass. I need to have them so that they'll be easy to store. Which is part of my problem. It's her horns that will be the bigger issue, but I will have lots of time after February to work on her as long as I don't get any requests or commissions between Con-G and Anime North. Her dress? Easy. Makeup? Will be interesting. Gloves? Not too bad. Wings? Challenge, but manageable. Horns? Still working on that XD

Kuja will be under-going repairs in the new year. I have him in storage mode for now as I still have.... 8 costumes? maybe 12? to finish before the end of the year. I might take him back to Anime North next year, maybe. Depending. Depends what I want to wear to replace Kefka the Friday since he's now on a back-burner. I have fabric for him, the wig, and the feathers and beads.... Kuja's repairs and slight revamp will involve boots being fixed, neck armour being re-done, redoing the gold trim on the jacket, and possibly a new shirt that will be more solid - since it's supposed to be armour.

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #1942
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Try to stay positive. Next year will be better. I really look forward to seeing some Celes posts from you!!

@ Tifaia: I already responded to your post on the Old School thread, but I didn't want to skip over you. :P

@ MDA: Wow you are busy!! 8 - 12 costumes??? You are crazy. :P I can really see how Ultimecia will be a real pain to travel with. I use big plastic bins for my cosplays, everything fits in them but the wig usually. Is that a possible option for you? It sounds like Kuja is getting a few fixes, that's good. I hope it won't take you too long to get it how you want. I was focusing on repairs a lot this year and though it's great, I sometimes feel like I am not accomplishing anything. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-11-2012, 11:43 PM   #1943
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer:

Wacom: I've been messing with it a bit. It takes a little getting used to, but I think it will definitely help with some of those photos. I'll send you some from the FF6 shoot when I improve them enough.

Zant: Thanks. I look forward to seeing it.

Jigsaw: I do like my Ryobi that I have and it's not too expensive. I also know Craftsman makes one that's about $50 that is at Sears since I work there.

Mascots: The plushie pattern was kind of what I was going for. As for taped cellophane, I need to try that. That sounds like an idea that could work when I sew the fleece on the head. Do you have a link to the tutorial? I was just wondering if it's the same idea that I was going for. More progress should be coming in the next couple days. Oh yeah, I'm going to need to make a "fat suit." Any suggestions on that? I was probably going to layer a piece of lycra over a t-shirt and stuff between the fabric if that makes sense.

Workout: That's good to hear you are doing some bike riding as well. I do have to start adding that weight lifting component. I did go on a 20 mile ride the day before yesterday, and was quite tired after taking a few days off. I guess it's all about the consistency.

Esper Terra: It sounds like Duct tape dummies do work pretty well. Maybe I should have one made of myself when I work on Spencer's. I hear you on the adjustable dress form. I have that issue as well. Spencer and I are going to do this duct tape dummy this weekend and he said he'll start working on shadow's armor as well. I'll go ahead and send that to you.

Dissidia Update: That should make for some nice autumn photos at Lithia. Terra has a very colorful costume, so it should look nice. I think it's the translation for Locke-san a Edgar-san. Terra probably uses very polite Japanese when she speaks. Patterning a corset does not sound like fun, although I wouldn't have any idea there. I hear you on the busy con season. Like your Rapunzel, Gestahl will probably be a pretty long term project..

My update: The main thing about fiberglass and cloth is the strands that come loose from the cloth are a pain to deal with. They become really hard and sharp, and have to be sanded down. I'm hoping this time, I'll be able to deal with it better. Fiberglass is nice when done well.

Something Dissidia Related: Well, I think Esper Terra counts since she changes into that form for EX-Mode in the game. I suppose you still have that

@tifaia - It looks like you have quite a few projects to do. Good luck on them!

@MDA - It sounds like the wings can be a challenge. I really want to do a winged cosplay some day. Well, I do have Dart from LoD planned.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 12:00 AM   #1944
benihime
Kimono Queen

I'm joining here because for next year i'm going to try to get one of Terra's dissidia outfits done! I really love the black variant, but we'll see how well/badly my weight loss plan goes.

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #1945
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva:

Wacom: I am glad you have had a chance to mess with it a bit more. I am sure it will be useful. That would be great if you could send some of those finished photos my way!

Jigsaw: OKay great thanks! I will research it some, but it's good to know some base prices.

Mascots: I can't find the plushie one, but I found the actual one for mascot heads, which is what you need it for anyway. :P http://www.matrices.net/furring.asp I don't think this person covered the head in plastic wrap, but with masking tape instead. I think both could work though. When I get home I will look for the other one for you if you want. As for the fat suit, I wonder if you could sew foam or something of that sort to a stretchy shirt or suit? If it has to be shown you would cover it in a flesh colored spandex once it's in the right place.

Workout: I have actually been doing pretty good this week. I did my cardio, did some upper body weight lifting, and went on a bike ride. Today is abs and tomorrow is lower body weight lifting. I am glad you are keeping up with it though! Staying consistent is what it's all about. If you are worried about the weight lifting, you can slowly add it to your routine.

Tape Dummies: They are super awesome. I bet they could really help you with your mascot costumes too. I mean you will have to try it on often to see if it's doing what you want, but at least the form is the one being stabbed when you are sewing pieces on instead of you. :P Good luck with making the dummy this weekend, and if you have the time I would say you should make one for yourself! That's great to hear Spencer will be working on Shadow soon too! That's exciting.

Terra and Long Term Projects: I haven't done a photoshoot for Terra in a long time and it would be nice to have some shots of the updated pieces. I originally thought Terra would look best as a spring photoshoot, but I think fall might be a nice change. We will see!! As for Gestahl, it's kind of nice to have a long term project. I have to admit before I finished the embroidery, it was always nice to know that if I didn't want to do anything else, I could embroider Rapunzel. Now that's all gone. Well actually it's a good thing, but I would be lying if I said I didn't miss it. I doubt Gestahl will take you that long though!! I am sure once you start him, you won't want to stop until he's finished.

My update: Well good luck with the fiberglass, it certainly sounds like it could be really difficult to work with. I'd probably accidentally stab myself or something... :P

Something Dissidia Related: Oh good point!! Well when I have something to report on her I shall. Actually next year is pretty heavy for FF cosplays. I have Esper Terra, Edea, and Minwu.

@ Benihime: That's awesome! Welcome to the thread. I really look forward to seeing another Terra cosplayer and honestly, I don't think I have seen anyone do her black version, so props to you! I wish you luck on your weight loss plan as well. FinalEva and I are keeping tabs on each other to help us stay motivated in our own weight loss goals, you can join us if you want.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #1946
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer: Yeah, some of my friends tell me I'm crazy because I make so many in a year. If I can manage to finish all the ones that remain on my list for 2012, I'll have made..... 22-24 costumes? ^^;; I'm very motivated. One of said cosplays will be debuted this weekend, so knocking it up to 17 to date XD (for 2012.... the rest... oh god OTL soooo many)
And my mom helping is great! Dad, well.... he's more of a downer... -_- In his mind my mom made Kuja. HA no.

I'd use tubs for Kuja, but uh... All the cons he's been to, not convenient to carry around plastic storage bins. Rider stands as the easiest to transport XD Her and Ren.

Even repairs is achieving something, it's making improvements to something you love At least that's how I view it.

@Final: Yeah, the wings are gonna be such a pain @_@ I'll be talking to Liliana and Nefer a LOT about this since they have wings to make as well. Lil' has the most >> Her and her Emperor obsession *gets Emperor's horn in the eye* GAH!

Oh! Remember how Liliana, Nefer and I entered Con-G's masquerade back in February? Masquerade videos are finally up online!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5J0AxUdZaQ&feature=plcp

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #1947
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Beni: Yea!!!! Welcome to the thread of awesomes. XD Happy to read that you're jumping into the foray that is FF costumes. I haven't seen anyone do the black version yet. That should be really interesting! Dissidia could def. use more female characters.

But seriously if you ever have any questions or need feedback, this is one of the best threads to come to.

@Final: Thanks for all of the comments that I haven't responded to! >.> I don't know if it was here or in the other thread but Rydia's wig wasn't as difficult as I had expected it to be. Just threw in some hairspray and gel. I was really happy with the color that I didn't have to mess with it.

@Lil: I only say it'd be hot to do Ulti because I would do spandex or something for the flesh areas. No way am I don't bare skin. Nu-uh. lol

@MDA: Yea! Can finally see what the heck you all have been talking about for the past few months! You guys did great. ^^ Love the humor you interjected into it, and you could tell you guys were really acting out the lines (most people just bob their head along and don't really go in sync with the lines).

And 22-24 costumes in a year? Yeash! Lil's rubbing off on to you. o_O

@Seifer: HIIIIIIIII. Not Dissidia related but Rose's outfit is nearly finished. That wig is probably going to give me nightmares.

And anyone else I missed, HI!
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 10:43 PM   #1948
Nefer
Silver fox

MDA!!!!! GAH, WHY???? ...that skit...on video...NOOOO!!!! We barely hear anything that is said, and the skit all goes according to the music arrangement/voice dubbing/sound effect -_-; Gahh, no!!! DON'T LOOK AT IT!!! *Hides under Emperor's cape...because yes I don't care at this point where I hide!*

@FinalEVA: Ahhh, ok! Gah, I thought you meant you were using it for gems, please excuse my slow brain, gah! *headdesk* (...and my slow reply...that you can blame my lazyness and ff6 xD).

@Liliana: ...ya and I'll start replying in the song with you, new way to make people afraid of Emperor and Sephiroth, they'll think we went insane xD ...uh...well more insane than usual... x''D

@MDA: Well, actually 2013 seems to be quite hand free! ...well...less than WoL anyway xD And 2014....actually...I'll be...free handed O.O 7 weapons, and free handed, OMG, I'll go berserk O.O (...hopefully in a good way xD).

@tifaia: Lol, awww, I see about the evilness xD ...hitting fanboys is always a good way to take out stress as well though, so go girl, hit them all you want if you feel like it! :P ...it's been two cons since I cosplayed a 'evil' character personally, I feel like Rosa will be evil at the next con x'D (...though Liliana already knows that, I'll try to restrain myself I swear xD). Oh, awesome Rydia btw! I love the way your nailpolish fits with your wig, awesome added detail!

...and not feeling like answering more, my hands are dead after sanding katanas all afternoon, index and thumb are almost double their normal size ^^; ...no Dissidia update, just Sesshomaru stuff and more material for Setzer bought as well as more feathers for Sephiroth's one wing *shrugs* ...and feathers went up in price, well only for the black ones, OF COURSE *sigh*

2013 cosplay:
Ike(SSBB) || Maria(SotN) || Rosa(FF4) || Sesshomaru(IY) || Setzer(FF6)
2014 Convention cosplay:
Caterina(TB) || Elsa(Frozen) || Firion(FF2/DFF) || Gakupo(Voc.Venomania) || Ryuuki(Sai.Mon.) || Viera White Mage (FFTA2)
Future (2015 conventions):
Dragoon-Elezen(FF14) || Eirika(Fire Emblem:Awakening) || Erza(Fairy Tail) || Seymour (FF10)
Nefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #1949
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@MDA & Nefer: ......Bad audio is bad. I can't even watch our skit without cringing @____@ *hides under her cape with Nefer* I SHOULD HAVE SEWN THIS CAPE BIGGER! IT CAN BARLY FIT US BOTH! *royal Empy butt sticking out* XD Never doing a voiced skit again lol. GAH. DX

@Tifaia & MDA: LOL..... ya, poor MDA I think she did get bit by the Liliana bug. Or whatever it is. XD It's a nasty curse you know lol. I still have like 30 cosplay under go in my room, I should take pics of them all, even though there isn't a whole lot to see on them. xP (like Celes, Edward, Ultimecia, WoL, Kefka, Exdeath, Siren, Ephriam, SoR Emperor, Locke, Bartz 1,2,3 and 4...) Oh wellz. I can't remember who's all in the making anymore lol.

@Tifaia: Ohhh!!! I see! and ahaha indeed, that is a lot of skin to show x''D I'm nervous about showing that much of my chest too when I get my Ulty done, also for modesty sakes in public.

@MDA: Who has an Emperor cosplaying obsession? *looks around* Can't wait to see CoD! did you do more work on her yet?

@benihime: Hello there! Terra's black outfit? I love that outfit!! It is very beautiful! I also hope to make it someday... I've only seen a few cosplayers cosplay it. Good luck with that!!! It makes me happy you wanna take that on.~

@Everyone else: Hiii! I love yous. ;A; I have NOT NOT NOT been doing well lately (go health... again.. yeahhh) Go being in great pain for almost 2 weeks. @_@ I even had to change my diet! I'm doing better right now though, so I have energy to make a cosplay again and play videos games without having to go lay down somewhere lol. XD so YAY!!! XD
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #1950
MDA
Destiny Productions

@tifa : I do kinda like how our skit turned out, despite all the issues that Lil and Nefer seem to have. Thanks guys. Worst of the audio was mine, go having to record all my audio into my mp3 player!

Nah, I did that once before. Before I met Lil xD 2009 I did 22 cosplays. I've been aiming to beat that record since >>

@Nefer : You'll go crazy with all this free-handed-ness XD I will have... relatively free for 2013? *thinks* Xemnas' sabers.... can fit in hood if I make the hood big enough.... a lump stick... chainsaw.... trident... staff... so at least one hand will be full for some of the cosplays.... >>

@Liliana : You do XD Ah but I love ya for it. Or, partly why I love ya XD
*Kuja looks over and sees the ridiculous sight of Sephiroth and Emperor hiding under the cape* You two are so weird.... *flips hair*

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART