Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-15-2012, 01:43 AM   #1951
benihime
Kimono Queen

thanks everyone for the well wishes!

I do love the black outfit....so pretty >.< but I like the blue one too. black one will probably win out. I always have loved the design of FF characters but never knew who to cosplay.

Seifer-sama - I'd love to keep up with you guys! I'm also updating on my cosplay FB every week to post my progress
I WILL LOSE IT THIS TIME! thankfully I only need to lose about 20-25. but honestly I just want to -feel- healthy.

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2012, 11:51 AM   #1952
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: I think five to ten costumes a year is crazy, but I can't imagine doing 20+!! It's amazing that you have already done seventeen so far this year. Transporting cosplays has always been an issue for me too. I usually try to pack as many as I can in one tub, but it doesn't always work that way. I am sure you will figure it out though! And I agree! Even fixing up finished cosplays still counts as work. Your skit looked like it was a lot of fun!!

@ Tifaia: HIIIIIIIIIIIII~~!! I am glad to hear Rose is almost done!! I am so excited for this!! I would imagine that wig would be the biggest issue with that cosplay! It's like Jessie from Pokemon. It's like they don't want cosplayers to attempt these characters! :P I am sure you will get it though. ^ ^

@ Liliana: I am sorry to hear your health isn't doing so well. I really hope that you are able to recover very soon.

@ Benihime: Ha ha, I hear you on never knowing which FF character or version to choose. I think the black one would be really cool though!!

As for keeping up with FinalEva and I, that would be awesome if you want to! I think the more we have involved in it, the more motivation we have going around. I think it's a good idea to use your FB page to monitor your progress as well. You and I have a similar goal in mind it sounds like. I would love to lose around 20, but really, I just want to feel healthier even if the number doesn't change much.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #1953
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Seifer : yeah, I'm quite motivated XD

And I can now happily say that at long last, I'm getting some sewing done on Cloud of Darkness! Just uploaded a photo of the skirt

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3288446/

BOUT. FREAKING. TIME XD

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
MDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #1954
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@MDA: Well...I already responded on the other thread. XD

@Seifer: Yeah. I'm ready to tackle it and scared out of my wits. I'm using Ryoko-demon's tutorial for her Jesse wig as a guide. At least Rose is not AS severe, but still...bah! lol

@beni: Going to wish you lots and lots of luck!! You're going to make an awesome Terra. ^^

@Lil: Awh. Feel better!!! *sends you cookies. darth vader cookies. >.>**

@Nefer: Haha. Thanks!! I matched the nail polish just for that wig. XD

So..............CoD................yeah........... .....I've got like 9 costumes in 8 months. She's just....yeah. lol

Anyone have recommendations for other Dissidia characters for me? I feel like I'm in a funk, even with all of this work. XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #1955
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer:

Wacom: As soon as I get some of the photos finished, I'll probably upload them to flickr as a new version of the photoshoot.

Jigsaw: I think the cheaper ones will work just fine for cosplay projects. Like anything, the prices can go up pretty fast. I believe mine was $50 when I got it 4 years ago and works like a charm.

Mascots: Thanks a lot for that tutorial. I was actually going a similar approach, but darting the fabric all over the place. I think this might work a bit better. As for the fat suit, I don't think it will have to be shown. It's mainly to be underneath mascots and what not. I can probably make it out of fabric that I have left over, to be honest. I have lots sitting around that I need to use.

Workout: That's good that you have been keeping up with the workout. It definitely takes dedication and motivation to keep going with it. I rode my bike for 40 miles a few days ago, but I need to go out again today. Well, I got quite busy with work and stuff. That's always the most difficult part of working out consistently - all the other obligations in life like work and what not.

Tape dummies: Spencer and I made our tape dummies on Tuesday, so I'll be sending his your way today. It ended up not being too difficult except cutting one another out of them. That requires some precision as not to cut into the skin. This should definitely help with some of the Cecil armor on the arms and legs.

Terra and Long Term Projects: Hopefully, you can get some shots of the updated Terra costume. I'm sure the new pieces will look really nice. I can definitely see fall being pretty nice for the costume. Of course for Terra, I think winter will be the best to get that Narshe feel. I'm really excited for the snow shot we have planned eventually. As for Gestahl, I'm hoping it won't take too long. It probably won't be as long as Dart for LoD is going to take.

Update: This fiberglassing is going pretty well, but is taking longer than expected. Of course that's the story for most things cosplay related. I plan on getting some more of it done today.

Something Dissidia Related: Sounds like you do have quite a few FF cosplays. I'm not sure what my next one after Gestahl is going to be, but I'll probably figure one out. Maybe Dark Knight Cecil or Setzer?

@Benihime: Welcome to the thread and I look forward to your progress. As Seifer said, I don't think I have seen anyone do the black version yet. I still need to lose about 30 more lbs myself, but have already lost the first 6 or 7 since the bike riding. It will be good to have another one in our fitness motivation group.

@MDA: I think the main thing about wings is remembering that they are on when going through door ways. For LoD, I'm looking into making an electric flapping mechanism, but we'll see. CoD is looking nice so far as well.

@Nefer: I think that is a different kind of resin, but I'm not so sure. I will be using that for some gems for Cecil. But it seems the epoxy resin is working well for my Pen Pen head.

@Liliana - hope you feel better soon.

@tifaia - that's good it wasn't so difficult. I suppose Rydia's hair style is pretty standard.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 09-20-2012 at 11:15 AM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #1956
MDA
Destiny Productions

@tifa : I will check there soon!

@Final : Yeah, I want to make her wings posable. Wire through the whole of the wings to give them shape, support, etc.
All I need now for fabrics for Ulty is the mesh for the wings, and the dress fabric... but I still need wigs, clay, etc.
And thanks! I may be continuing work on her tomorrow as I have a friend coming and picking me up and I'll be going into Fabric Land with him to help him find fabric for his very first cosplay!

2014 Cons/Events:
Too many events for 2013, to see the full list please visit here: MDA's Schedule

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 09-25-2012, 10:23 PM   #1957
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@MDA - What kind of wire are you going to use for the wings? You are Welcome. I hope you were able to get some of her done. Is Fabric Land a Canadian place only? I actually never heard of it.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #1958
Seifer-sama

@ MDA: Awesome!!! Yays! Progress for you!!!

@ Tifaia: I think Ryoko-demon's tutorial is the perfect place to look for help with Rose and you are right, at least it's not as massive as Jessie's wig. :P As for COD, poor her, being placed in the back burner, just simmering... :P Ha ha, actually I totally understand. What the heck was I thinking doing all these projects??? As for other Dissidia characters.... um do they have to be Dissidia? For some reason Faris came to mind.

@ FinalEVA:

Wacom: Sounds great! I am excited to see them.

Jigsaw: Ah okay good to know. I guess I will just see what my options are when it gets closer to Christmas. I am all for keeping things cheap though!

Mascots: Oh how funny, well I am glad we all had the same idea though. I have already followed a similar tutorial and it really seemed to work for me. As for the fat suit, I know they sell some on Amazon if you ever want an official one. I think it's basically a glorified pillow though. Making it out of spare fabric is a good idea too. At least it helps clean up the scraps that are just sitting there gathering dust. :P

Workout: I have been doing okay with the workout lately. I have been walking, but I haven't been as dedicated as I was a few weeks ago. Like you, work and life have just been really busy. I hope you are sticking with it though! I am trying to as well.

Tape dummies: I am glad the dummy process went so well. It really is pretty easy except the cutting the person out. There were a few times I could have sworn Eric was cutting me and not the dummy. :P I am certain it will be helpful for Cecil's armor processes though!

Terra and Long Term Projects: I really hope I get the chance to do a Terra shoot as well. It sounds like October is getting pretty busy though, so we will just have to wait and see. I do agree though, winter is very suitable for her. I am super excited for the snow shoot as well!! I am sure I might have something else to say about it when I am standing in the snow dressed as her though! :P I think I can pretty much guarantee that Gestahl will not take as long as Dart's cosplay. Haha! Like I said, once you get started, you won't want to stop.

Your Update: I am glad the fiberglass is still going well. As for the slow part, all of my artist/cosplay friends are saying that this month... I wonder if there is some curse or spell cast on all artists/cosplayers this month. "Your art shall progress at a snail's pace this month!!" In any case, even small and slow progress is still progress at least.

Something Dissidia Related: I like the idea of both Dark Cecil and Setzer. I don't see many cosplaying either. Is Dark Knight Cecil's armor about the same as his regular armor? If so you could always pattern out the Dark pieces while working on the regular. It will save yourself some time at least!!

@ Everyone else: Hello's! Come back when you can.

Cosplay Updates: Absolutely nothing... Something about a September spell/curse making me move at a snail's pace... yeah. It's not Dissidia related, but I am trying to work on my SS Zelda and making new designs for my TP Ganondorf so it looks better and it's pretty slow going. I still need to make new Terra earrings (that is Dissidia related, woo!), but other than that and a slight touch up of paint on the sword, I think she is done. I also still need to work on updating Edgar and I think I want to spruce up Sabin as well... So much to do but not enough time I guess. I hope everyone else is doing well.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:38 AM   #1959
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Wacom: When I get some time, I'll try to mess around with them.

Jigsaw: I think there is also the used option as well that may be cheaper. If you want, I can keep my eye out at pawn shops here and what not.

Fat Suit: I was looking on Amazon as you said. I did find this one - http://www.amazon.com/Suit-Adult-Sta...words=fat+suit Something like this could work for some future cosplays. I know for Rakushun, I will need stuff like this.

Workout: Well, I did a 20 mile bike ride last night (Wed. night) and it went pretty well. But I haven't been able to go as often. The job search is getting me right now and taking time. Well, also the fact I'm working more hours at my current job because of the free coupons this month and last month.

Tape Dummies: We only cut each other one time, but it seemed the scissors we were using got duller as time went on. There were times where the fabric was thicker and just didn't want to cut. Of course I used some really cheap scissors and not my good sewing Gingher ones.

Terra and Long Term Projects: It would be cool to get some shots in fall foliage if you can. As for the winter shoot, I always wondered how Terra could be unaffected in Narshe without bundling up more. I suppose it makes sense because I'm sure her half Esper characteristics would take care of any body temperature regulation issues. I'll probably enjoy doing the Gestahl cosplay. I may start with the wig and mustache, since that will probably me my hardest part. I have a feeling the aging makeup will take a couple hours before going out in the con. As I said before, I want to avoid looking like a young Gestahl as much as possible.

My update: That is true. Things do seem to be slow this month. The cosplay gods are angry at us or something like that. Now I'm sanding the first layer of fiberglass before doing the second layer. The sanding part is the most hazardous and when you really want the respirator on. Breathing in those fiberglass particles is not good for you at all.

Something Dissidia Related: Unfortunately, Dark Knight Cecil is a whole another beast. I will probably do it after I finish Dart. Here is a pic of him - http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-...er-artwork.jpg It's almost like he lost muscle as a Paladin. Well, I won't go too much into the spoilers with that since you haven't played the game yet.

Your Cosplay Updates: I look forward to seeing some pics of your Ganondorf. As for Terra's Earrings, are you getting jewelry for that, or are you resin casting those? What else is left for Edgar and Sabin? Are you doing a major upgrade for Sabin like you did with Edgar as well?

@Everyone - Hope to hear from you soon about updates.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 09-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #1960
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEva:

Wacom: Great! No rush, I know you are busy.

Jigsaw: Used might be a way to go, I will keep an eye out, but if you see anything you think might be a good deal let me know! Thanks.

Fat Suit: Omg... that's huge!! Ha ha!!! I guess what I was more or less thinking was a Santa belly. About how much fat are you looking for on a fat suit?

Workout: I am glad you are keeping up with it. I have been walking everyday this week, so I am not doing nothing. I still feel like I should be doing more but I am so tired after work. And though your job pulls you away from your workout, at least you are making more money. More to spend on cosplays.

Tape Dummies: Oh geez ha ha, well I hope it wasn't a bad cut. I did notice that the tape dulled my scissors as well. I was using an older but still good pair. They were pretty dull by the end so they became the wonderflex scissors. :P

Terra and Long Term Projects: I agree too. The colors are nice. Although I have to admit I thought the Figaro brothers would look good in Fall. Especially Edgar's blue armor with the autumn colors. As for Terra being unaffected by winter elements, I think you stumbled on the answer right there. I would imagine her Esper form handles colder weather much better. Although too, she was under the influence of the slave crown, maybe she couldn't feel anything at all?? I think the wig and the mustache are a great place to start for Gestahl! Wigs are always a pain for me, so I usually try to do them first if I can. As for the aging makeup, I don't think it takes too long, but you will get faster with practice for sure. I still need to see if Eric will make a tutorial for you.

My update: I wonder why this month has been so slow for progress. Maybe it is the anger of the cosplay gods. What did we do??? As for the fiberglass, a respirator sounds like a must when working with that medium. I have heard the particles are really dangerous. It's good to hear you are at the second layer though!

Something Dissidia Related: Oh wow... yeah Dark Knight Cecil is nothing like the normal version... But at least he doesn't have as many layers! I agree though, it does look like he lost muscle as a Paladin, which seems odd. Comparing the two side by side, it's tough to see that they are the same person. Oh yeah, no spoilers please! :P

Your Cosplay Updates: I am very excited for the Ganondorf shoot. I have all new designs on the armor and I really think it will make the costume pop even more. As for Terra's earrings, I will be doing a resin cast. I still have my mold, I just need to go outside and do it. :P As for Edgar, I have some more trim to sew on the costume and some slight alterations to the armor, a new wig (whenever it gets here), and I think that's it. Sabin also has a new wig (when it also gets here), and I want to add some trim to his costume as well. As for major upgrades, I am not really sure. I am open to suggestions though!!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #1961
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer -

Jigsaw: I'll definitely keep an eye out if I see anything!

Fat Suit: To give you a reference, here is what Pen Pen looks like - http://omoikane.as.arizona.edu/~enie...ght/PenPen.JPG
http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Pe...e30a0b4 c.jpg It would seem like I may want quite a bit of fat, but I'm always willing to take suggestions since I haven't started the suit yet.

Workout: I've been in the same predicament with my workout. I totally understand you about being tired after work. I will be needing some warmer biking clothes (another expense) to do it after work. It's starting to get much cooler. But I did go last night and realized how cold it was just wearing biking shorts and a t-shirt.

Tape Dummies: Well, nothing was too bad in terms of being cut. I'm the same way - my wonderflex / plastic scissors are usually the ones that are one step away from going into the trash. I hope the Tape dummy we gave you will work out. Let me know if there are any problems.

Long Term Projects: As for autumn shots - as I was looking through some cosplay galleries on flickr, I found this photo - http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Pe...e30a0b4 c.jpg that someone took. I think something in similar composition showing some autumn foliage in tree branches overhead would look pretty nice. It would probably be something that would work out nicely with a wide angle lens.

That is probably true with Terra and her Esper form. Poor girl if it was because of her slave crown that she couldn't feel anything. I doubt the empire would have her personal comfort as a priority, sadly.

I'm going to have to make myself look like a Shih Tzu with the wig and mustache - http://milkman-your-dad.deviantart.c...h-Tzu-65159910. I have to admint that's one reason I like doing mascots and a reason I chose Zora Link as a future cosplay - no wigs are required with those. I'll have to do a few practice runs with aging makeup. I will also be doing some makeup with Cecil as well - foundation layer I suppose to get a whiter effect for his face - so hopefully I'll have some practice with makeup in general. If he did make a tutorial, that would be cool - but no rush of course.

My Update: Well, I'm hoping this month will go be more productive since I have a con on the 26th. As for fiberglassing - I am letting the last layer cure while I am writing this post. Once I am done, I will start mapping out the patterns for the head. Eye protection and respirators are definitely a must. Usually, glasses are good enough (I wear them anyway just to see or contacts).

Something Dissidia Related: I am really surprised that Dark Knight Cecil looks so much more buffed than his Paladin version. He actually reminds me a bit of Batman in his suit. It does somewhat go with the events of the game, but I won't go into anymore detail than that.

Your Cosplay Updates: I hope your Ganondorf upgrades go well. I'm excited to see what they will look like. Did you use silicone rubber for the molds with the earrings or did you have something already that worked. For Cecil, I found stuff that will work as far as the gems hanging off his armor. Goes to look at Sabin pictures for suggestions - All I could think of is maybe some more designs and swirls on his shirt? Maybe another scarf? Other than that, it all looks really good! Then again, I'm not sure if Sabin is supposed to have a bunch of complex designs compared to other characters.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Last edited by FinalEVA : 10-04-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Unread 10-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #1962
MDA
Destiny Productions

@Final : I'm going to use floral wire. The good strong stuff
And yeah, I think Fabric Land is Canadian only...

@Seifer : ^^

I hit a snag with CoD and have to redo her shirt. But she will have to wait until I have Grell and Xemnas done (so closer to Halloween) to work on her again. That shirt will be fun to do since I plan to cut the middle out. I made the shirt far too small. New one will be 4-way stretch!

2014 Cons/Events:

Facebook | deviantART
Unread 10-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #1963
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA -

Jigsaw: Thanks!

Fat Suit: Actually, seeing the character now and comparing it to the fat suit you picked out, I think you made a perfect choice. I think the only thing you may want to do is try to blend the belly fat with the leg fat... I am not even sure how that could be achieved, maybe by sewing it down or something?

Workout: I have been trying to kick the workout up a notch, but it's been slow. I have done something everyday this week though, which is pretty good for how busy things have been. I think things will be returning to normal come Monday though! As for the weather, it sounds like it might be a good idea to get some warmer outfits. The temperature also seems to have dropped quite bit here as well. I am not complaining though!! I hope you are able to stay motivated though. I know it's hard when work is so draining.

Tape Dummies: I am sure the tape dummy will work out fine. Speaking of scissors on their way to the trash. I snapped a pair of those in half when cutting the stub on my Terra wig!! It was pretty comical. :P

Long Term Projects: Hmmm well the picture didn't load for me. It took me to some site called funky junk. Maybe could you send it again? I would really like to see it. As for an autumn shoot, your description sounds exactly like what I am aiming for!

I am almost certain that the Empire didn't care for her personal comfort. I am pretty sure she was nothing but a tool for them to use. Pretty sad that some people can think so little about others.

Daawww!!! What a cute puppy!!! It would be hilarious if you could find someone who had one so you could take a Gestahl and his doggy shot. It reminds me of the 101 Dalmations idea that the dog's are very similar to the master. As for wigs, I can completely understand not wanting to wear one. They are such a pain. As for the aging makeup, I ran it passed Eric again and he seemed like he would be willing to make you a small tutorial. I am hoping we can do that pretty soon here. As for Cecil, it's really all about practicing. I am still learning a lot about makeup. I think for men it's easier because you don't have to worry as much about eyes, blush, lips, etc. It's really just a base foundation and maybe a few contour shadows.

Fiberglass: I am so glad you are so far along with your project! That's exciting!! It's probably pretty stressful too though, knowing you have a con at the end of the month.

Something Dissidia Related: Ha ha, I actually thought the same thing when I saw Dark Knight Cecil, he does look like Batman. That's okay, he's my favorite superhero anyway. Gotta love the guys that rely on brains rather than super powers!!

Your Cosplay Updates: Eric is actually working on some Gessoing for Ganondorf as we speak, so I am really hoping they can get their new paint job this weekend. We will see how slowly that goes... :P As for the molds, I used Amazing Mold Putty for my Terra earrings but would not recommend it. It's pretty expensive. I actually bought the liquid version of the same stuff for cheaper and got more of it. I am glad you were able to find what you needed for Cecil though!

Sabin: As far as he goes, I do want to add trim and perhaps I could add some more designs to the shirt as well though. I will have to plot out some ideas. I think Eric said he would like to make a full set of armor for the one arm and maybe a bit more on the other. I think there may have even been talk of designing some leg armor. We will see though. I should probably work on some new designs... :P I do agree with you though, Sabin is very simple compared to the rest, and maybe that is for the better. He's a big muscley mountain man, he doesn't need armor! :P

@ MDA: Bummer about CoD. I am sure you will be able to figure it out though. It sounds like a good idea to change to 4 way stretch though! Spandex can be such a pain sometimes. :P Good luck with your huge list of cosplays!!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-09-2012, 08:16 AM   #1964
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@MDA - Good luck with that! That's too bad about CoD. Hopefully you can figure it out.

@Seifer -

Fat Suit: The suit arrived a couple days ago. As for blending the fat in, I'm thinking maybe I could do something underneath the costume like stuffing it in that area. Not sure how I will do that yet, but we will see.

Workout: It's good to hear that you have been able to do something every day. I've been doing mostly dog walks, but not as much in the way of biking - one reason being the temperature change. The temperature change is very nice, though. I generally feel better and more motivated in general in cooler temperatures. It's difficult to keep workout as a top priority when work is like it is - but I must.

Tape Dummies: Good that the tape dummy should work. As for the Terra wig, hopefully you were able to find another pair of scissors. Was it where the two blades were connected? I've done that a few times before...

Long Term Projects: Ooops. I forgot to cut and paste the link. Let me go find it again. Here it is... http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8311/8...bcc4e330_c.jpg Something similar to that with fall colors could be cool.

That was really sad how the Empire thought of Terra as just being a tool and nothing else. And as I said before, it appears Terra resisted being used as a weapon so I've always respected her for that.

When I would see Gestahl's sprite, I always thought he did look like a dog - maybe on purpose. It would be funny for me to pose with a Shih Tzu. That's very true about 101 Dalmatians. It's been so long since I saw that. Thanks for asking Eric about the aging makeup and tell him thanks. No rush on that though since it's going to be a bit before doing that. That's a good point about men and makeup. It probably simpler besides the fact that we generally have less experience with it. Not knowing about this, where are contour shadows applied and how?

Fiberglass: Spencer and I are going to work on it all day today and hopefully get lots done with our costumes. As for stress - I have to say right now doing this is probably less stressful in comparison to other things going on - my current job and getting a new job. I'm always happy to be able to work on cosplay projects in the midst of all that when I can.

Something Dissidia Related: It probably also has to do with the Dark Knight label for Cecil that we recall batman. Like Paladin Cecil, I don't remember Wayne looking as muscular without the batman suit on. As for Batman, Joker is probably my favorite Villain. Of course, Kefka pretty much is the Joker in a sense.

Your Cosplay Updates: Were you able to paint the armor this weekend? I look forward to pictures of that. I also hope to have a picture of the completed Pen Pen head soon. I have always heard that Resin casting is a very finicky process in terms of the silicone rubber and the actual casting. I guess it's all about mixing things right. Were you able to try the liquid stuff yet? Let me know how that goes. As for Cecil, his jewels are pretty standard shape so that was nice.

Sabin: Having the armor for one arm and leg armor sounds like a good idea. As for Sabin being a muscley mountain man, didn't Terra say something like "A body builder that strayed from his gym." I always laughed at that line when I played it. So is Edgar pretty much finished, then? I'm excited to be able to join you guys as Gestahl. I also eventually want to do Setzer, but that will be a while.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #1965
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEVA:

Fat Suit: Oh wow, so you ordered it already? That's cool. I think the extra stuffing should really help blend the fat. If not, I am sure you will be able to figure something else out. I almost wonder if you can take fat away too...

Workout: Ha ha, well trying to do something everyday is more like it. :P I am glad to hear that you are staying active as well. Just hang in there, hopefully the work situation will be changing soon so you won't always be so tired.

Scissors: I actually have a lot of spare scissors all over the place, so it wasn't a huge loss... I guess I thought it was funny because it was like "Look at me, She-Hulk breaking scissors over here!" Okay well maybe not quite like that, but it was funny. And yes it broke right at the place where the two blades are held together. I am glad I am not the only one who has done that before. :P

Long Term Projects: Oh thank you for that link. That's an awesome shot and it's exactly what I was thinking of!! I am just hoping my earrings will be dry in time for me to do the shoot before all the pretty leaves are gone.

I agree, I think the fact that Terra spent most of her life being used by others, and yet she still resisted it. Not only that but she didn't become a big whiner like some other characters. :P

I can really see the resemblance now that you point it out. I hope you can find someone with a Shih Tzu to take a picture with. And it's no problem about the makeup tutorial. Although, I would like to try and put something together for you soon. I am sure you wouldn't mind the extra time to practice.

Fiberglass: I am glad you and Spencer have the day to work on your projects. That must be really nice. I hope you both get a lot of work done today. Ha ha, I hear you on cosplay being far less stressful than work. I feel exactly the same way!

Something Dissidia Related: I guess that makes sense about Dark Knight Cecil. And you are right about Bruce not looking nearly as muscular without the suit. As for the Joker, I have to agree with you there. He is a great villain. I agree too that there are a lot of similarities between Kefka and the Joker. That might actually make a funny picture to have a Kefka meet a Joker. :P

Your Cosplay Updates: I was able to paint this weekend! I didn't get as far along in it as I wanted, but I did pretty good. It's actually coming along very nicely and I am super excited to see it all together. I hope to have pictures very soon!! As for Pen Pen, I can't wait to see pictures of that too!! I was able to get the liquid mold stuff actually, but I have yet to try it. I am actually trying to track down a decent Lego set so I can build a barrier around the mold... I cannot believe how hard it is to find a basic Lego set and even more unbelievable is how much that stuff costs!!!

Sabin: I am glad you like the armor idea for Sabin. I think it would be appropriate for him. As for the mountain man comment, I am pretty sure Terra did say something like that. I always thought that was funny too!! As for Edgar, I am still waiting on those wigs to arrive... I also have to tweak the boots a bit and the torso armor. I think that might be it though. I also think Eric was talking about making a new sword for him, something more fitting for a king. As for Gestahl, I am very excited to have you join our group as well!! I also think Setzer would be a very cool cosplay to make!! When do you think you might start that elaborate project?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV