Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-22-2011, 09:56 PM   #436
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifaia View Post
@Lil: ...you are too awesome for words.

@Lady: I was hoping to go to CC for the first time this year. But registration was horrid. I know it doesn't represent the convention, but what a turn-off to try again. At least I have WonderCon to look forward too.

@All: Ok. Got some pictures. Big thanks to my newbie photog buddy Lez for helping me out with these.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2854741/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2854742/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2854743/

Surprisingly...this is really comfy. >.> And I giggle every time I look at the wig with it's crazy stringy hair bits. I've also noticed that I'm developing a bad pattern of picking characters that wear red and black. Good thing I've got a Sith in the works to break me of the habit. So yeah. There you go. XD
I saw the pics! Very cool!! CoD's hair is crazy! Its right along there with Cosmos floating locks.

Yeah Comi Con hasnt gone that fast for me! Geez!

=( Bah! The only yellow paint in my place to paint the bottom beads for my earrings is fingernail polish!!! I'm going for it! Lol!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-22-2011, 10:12 PM   #437
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Everyone - thanks for all your support and consideration for my clothes theft issue.

@tifaia - those are some amazing pics. The costume came out really well.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 10:44 PM   #438
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lady: Thanks for the comment on the picture. ^^ And finger nail polish is always a great problem solver when you have nothing else at your hands. lol

@Final: I'm surprised at myself at how well it came out. Now to wait until group time to start throwing Om and Nom at the good guys. >.> Enjoy the tentacles Cloud! Muahahaha! *coughs*

The only thing left are the shoes. I planned on getting, what I call, stripper shoes. They're 6 inch platforms made of clear PVC and plastic. Aka, stripper shoes. I wanted something that would suggest that I'm floating, but we all know I'm really not. Still debating on getting them. I used my Jeanne shoes for the quick photos today and since they're all in the same color scheme, they worked really well together. I might be cheap and just wait on it until later on. Stripper shoes are not cheap. >.>
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 11:59 PM   #439
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

@tifaia
Ha! Your Avatar is awesome. =D

Found my big exacto knife! And it was on the last blade! Which is a bummer and a plus. I got the last diamond divider glued in, then I realized I forgot to put the hole in the middle one to hold my hilt! >=( Still have to find a way to make the curved part of the blade bend and hold.....sigh. Cardboard and it's bending limits. Anyhoo here it is put together but not permanently, just so I can see what is needed. Excited! I miss working on Emperor for myself, but Garland is becoming so much fun.....I dunno why!! =) My boyfriend is not too thrilled about wearing the Emperor make-up......>=) I can't wait to make-up test him.
Here's the sword. Earring are done!!!! Thank god! So tired, yet probably won't sleep yet. =/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Garlandswordstart3.jpg (35.1 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Lady Muramasa : 02-23-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Unread 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #440
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: You did all that for under 40 bucks!? -bows- I am not WORTHY!!!!!!

@Tifa: It looks awesome girl! Everything I'd expect from ya. ^.~

The wig has kind of been put on hold, as I'm spending my days at the hospital with my mother and my afternoons/evenings watching my nephews. I did manage to get two wefts done yesterday, using my clips to even out the fibers, but I just don't have the time to crack down and finish it.

Please pray for my mom, you guys. She's recovering from back surgery and we still don't know when she'll get to go home. She's been in there since Friday. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #441
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra~Esper View Post
@Lil: You did all that for under 40 bucks!? -bows- I am not WORTHY!!!!!!

@Tifa: It looks awesome girl! Everything I'd expect from ya. ^.~

The wig has kind of been put on hold, as I'm spending my days at the hospital with my mother and my afternoons/evenings watching my nephews. I did manage to get two wefts done yesterday, using my clips to even out the fibers, but I just don't have the time to crack down and finish it.

Please pray for my mom, you guys. She's recovering from back surgery and we still don't know when she'll get to go home. She's been in there since Friday. ^.^
Awww. The back and head area always take the longest to heal. =( She will be just fine, it will probably take a few months or so, but I see good at the end, and she'll be home sooner than the whole recovery. I will send a prayer out. ^_^ To a speedy recovery for your dear mom.
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #442
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Innocent ignorance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra~Esper View Post

My dad had sections of 2 of his spinal discs removed and spinal fluid drained a few years ago, so if that's anything to go by, she could be in the hospital for 3-4 weeks and then have another 2 weeks off work where she takes it easy and doesn't strain her back by reaching for thing, lifting or pushing or pulling heavy loads, could have to go into physiotherapy...
But that depends on how serious the back surgery was and why it was needed and what they did etc...

My wishful thinking goes out towards your mother and your family, I hope she makes a speedy recovery...

As for cosplay wise I have no motivation to work on terra so to try and motivate myself I've decided to make a quick simple cosplay...

Last edited by ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ : 02-23-2011 at 04:08 PM.
~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #443
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Terra - that's too bad about your mother. She is in my thoughts.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 02-23-2011, 05:43 PM   #444
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

-smile- Well, your prayers must've reached her, cause she actually got to go home today.

For those who asked, she had two of the discs in her lower back fused and plating inserted. After a steroid pack and some anti-inflammitory pills, she's doing a lot better. She's still on light duty and stuff, and I'm going to have to go sit with her at home tomorrow, but it's better than visiting the hospital all day. ^^

Now I just have to get rid of my nephews and maybe I can get some work done. lol

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2011, 10:09 AM   #445
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Terra: Glad to hear that she was able to go home. ^^ Hopefully she'll be better soon. Seems like this week is full of surgeries for everyone I know. >_<
Unread 02-24-2011, 07:23 PM   #446
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Thats great news terra! Glad shes going home asap.

I think i might attempt Garland's helmet tonight. That is if can get the manniquin(sp) head to sit right on my dressform.
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:32 PM   #447
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Wanted to say a big thank you to all of you that commented on my CoD...hell any of my costumes. lol I look up to so many for you for inspiration and what I aspire with my skill. So it means a lot to receive feedback from you all. <(^_^<)
Unread 02-24-2011, 11:49 PM   #448
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Glad to hear your mom made it hope safely and that she is recovering. My dad had neck surgery not that long ago and it took him a while to recover.

In other news: Did you all hear about the masquerade prize at AX this year? I guess it's a $10,000 prize to the winner of the contest. I think that's the largest I have ever heard of, no wonder the darn ticket costs so much. I wish anyone who enters lots of luck.

I managed to finish the top side of one of my gloves the other day, not I am working on the second. I hope to have them mostly finished by the end of the month, but we will see what happens I guess. How are your projects coming along everyone?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 01:47 AM   #449
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Terra - glad to hear that your mom is recovering.

Seifer - 10 grand? That's huge. Could pay a year of college tuition for that and some living expenses.

I'm currently trying to figure out how to bind my armor for Cecil. Right now I'm making it as a plastic vest and attaching it on one side. I tried velcro, but that's not going to hold. Next attempt is to try using hook and eye type of system.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 02-25-2011, 08:56 AM   #450
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
In other news: Did you all hear about the masquerade prize at AX this year? I guess it's a $10,000 prize to the winner of the contest. I think that's the largest I have ever heard of, no wonder the darn ticket costs so much. I wish anyone who enters lots of luck.

o_O

That's all I got. Would pay off a nice chunk of student loan debt that would. lol Time to harass my brother again and see if I have a place to crash for AX! XD

Edit: My friend Amano-ed my picture. Can't stop laughing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amanostyle.JPG (88.7 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by tifaia : 02-25-2011 at 12:05 PM.