Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 35 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 02-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #451
Seifer-sama

@ Final Evangelion and Tifaia: Ha ha! I was totally thinking the same thing about that cash prize! I would pay off my student loans if I had a chance to win that. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 02-25-2011, 06:04 PM   #452
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Everyone: Thanks for the concern and prayers for my mom, you guys. All of you totally ROCK.

@Tifa: Did you see my comment where I might be at A-kon on Saturday? My anime club is thinking about making a day trip. I think I sense a photoshoot, ne?

HOLY CRAP!!! I could do ALL of my dream cosplays with that prize money!!! Shiva included!!! O.O

Currently, I am VERY slowly trying to finish the ponytail extension. I've got to weft the rest of the fiber I have, then start putting it all together. I've just been feeling kinda sad and depressed lately, and am unable to find the motivation to finish. -sigh- It's been a long ass week... ;_;

@Seifer: Before I forget: Can you tell me how you put your crown together? Like the beads and everything? I'm having a bit of trouble, because my beads are glass, the crown is painted foam, and I'm kinda worried how it will hold up.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:00 PM   #453
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Seifer: XD First thing we all think of? Bills. Not cosplay. lol But that's one hell of a motivation to get working on the super feather costume of doom. http://www.anime-expo.org/programming/masquerade/ That has to be a typo...no way. lol

@Terra: I did's. It'd be awesome to have you come to A-Kon! Though the FF shoot is on Friday, I'd be willing to fit in another showing of CoD on Saturday. ^^ I know it's been a hard week for you, but don't let it get you down. Things will get better.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt

Last edited by tifaia : 02-25-2011 at 07:10 PM.
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #454
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa: The FF shoot's on FRIDAY this year!? -cry- That sucks! I'm gonna miss all the fun!!! -pout-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 02-25-2011, 08:16 PM   #455
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Terra: Yeah. We had a split between Friday/Saturday but then all of the large groups began dog-piling on Saturday. And with so many of the FF cosplayers wanting to be apart of those groups also, it was just easier to make it Friday. At least it's just us and Left 4 Dead. No one has an excuse to not show up. lol
Unread 02-25-2011, 08:19 PM   #456
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa:-cry- I'm gonna miss all the potential FF6 cosplayers!!! Take lots of pictures for me, will ya????

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 02-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #457
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

Terra - that's great that you will be able to make it one day! I'll have to put on my Cecil for Saturday to get some pics. Does anyone know if Akon does walk-ons for the cosplay show? Or is it skits only?

Hopefully, I can get one of my friends to use my dSLR camera for some pics.

This week hasn't been so good for me either. Had my clothes stolen on Monday.

Today, my less than 2 month old parakeet died. I'm thinking it was because of not eating enough for some reason (had a disease). But I'm hoping my cosplay hot gluing and stuff didn't do anything. Bummed out big time, though.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 02-25-2011 at 08:36 PM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2011, 08:50 PM   #458
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Terra: There's suppose to be a Realm showing up to the FF shoot. That's one I'm crazy excited to see. But we'll definitely take pics for you. And hopefully we can convince a few to dress up on Saturday for more pictures. ^^

@Final: It's both walk-ons and skits. A staff member was telling me that they might have a "non-judged" section of walk-ons this year. Not sure if they did it last year since we got in too late to see the show. But if they are, then I might do that.

Sorry to hear about your week. Seems like everything is going into the crapper for everyone this week. But there is always light at the end of the tunnel.
Unread 02-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #459
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

-pout- I'ma gonna miss Relm? -sigh- It figures. YES to a saturday shoot!!! I would LOVE to get in some good pictures...

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 02-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #460
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Awe, I wanted to sign up for the masquerade, but I wanted to choreograph a fight scene. I told my bf let's enter earlier this year, but he will get stage fright I think, he wasn't to into it.
I might still enter, but it depends on if we want to show the cosplay or actually go in with the fight scene. Dunno.

Should have the sword at least 90% done by the end of next week. I might make another sword if this one turns out lame. =/

I have the earrings for his helmet done. started making the base of the helmet using craft foam for a blue print.

Started painting that gem thing on the front of his costume, that holds the armor around his waist possibly.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:07 AM   #461
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lady: It's hard to 'not' want to enter something now. Whatever you choose, we all know you'll have an awesome showing. ^^

@Final and Terra: What about booking the photo room for a half hour slot on Saturday or setting up a spot outside (thinking 600 North Pearl Street-Just a few steps away from the Marriott/formerly Westin, or 791 Crockett Street, the outdoor entry of the Plaza of the America's parking garage-the back has years of vines and weathered buildings). Think if I publicized it here and the A-Kon forums we can probably get a small group going. ^^

So I get to edit my costume again. Apparently I can make the pants a little shorter. >.> So I am. Hey I'll take any edits in my favor. It's just going to be a silly looking hem with loads of excess fabric tucked under in case I need to change it again. 4th redesign of the shorts!
Unread 02-27-2011, 11:44 AM   #462
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa: Whatever works for you guys, but if we do book somewhere outside, I'm going to need someone to guide me, as I have NO idea where those places are. But good luck on the redesign!!!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 02-27-2011, 02:20 PM   #463
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Tifaia - sounds good to me!

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:59 PM   #464
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

=/
Awww, you guys get to meet up. Lol. It's rare that the in progress people for certain cosplays get to meet up. Usually it's mostly a mix of people from different countries/states on here. Woke up feeling horrible today, plus I have to go to a dentist appt, and then go to work. But that isn't the bad part at all, I woke up today to my FRIGGIN CAT chewing on my prop sword!!! >=( Not my dog! MY CAT!!!! And she took a good chunk out of one of my dividers!! Now I know never to waste money on over priced cat toys, just maker her ass a concoction of glued together card board pieces!! Luckily, I think the expanding foam will save it.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #465
Seifer-sama

@Terra~Esper: The crown: It's a fun foam base, covered in wonderflex with a funfoam trim. I used glass beads and pearls, threaded them through the fishing line and sewed them to the crown. I hope that made sense. Ha ha. Good luck with your own crown.

@ Tifaia: It's funny how all of our priorities step in front of cosplay huh? Everyone mentioned school and bills instead of using the prize for more cosplay. It's a sad cycle.

@ Final Evangelion: Sorry to hear about your bird. I had a kitty once who was really sick, the poor thing didn't live very long with me but I was devastated when he did pass away. So I am sorry for your loss.

@Lady Muramasa: Good luck if you do decide to enter into the masquerade! I will be rooting for you! Good luck on your sword too.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote