Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 06-03-2011, 11:32 AM   #751
Seifer-sama

@ FinalEvangelion: That's a bummer about the wonderflex. I know you can buy it somewhere else, but I have only ever used cosplaysupplies.com. So I have no idea how the pricing is or the shipping. It might just be better to wait anyway. That way your funds can recover. :P And yes, Zant too is made out of wonderflex. Actually, I can't think of a piece of armor I have made without wonderflex. Maybe I should broaden my horizons a bit huh? :P

I think any costume that doesn't have a crazy wig, props, or armor is perfect to bring while flying. I even had a tough time bringing my Sheik costume to my friends house (they smashed the ornament in the back an cracked it, an they lost some of my finger wraps). The airport is notorious for destroying/losing things. So the less breakables you have, the better. As for the embroidery on Terra, it's a technique called short an long stitch. It's very similar to a satin stitch and it works the same way, but instead of making uniform lines, you make various line sizes, that's how you get that gradient.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 06-03-2011, 01:06 PM   #752
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@everyone: Starting to get back into my groove a bit. I did another scarf for Terra and finished wefting the hair for the new wig, after much nervousness. I know I should be working on Lina, Xelloss, and Edgar, but Terra just CALLS to me! -cry-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 08:27 AM   #753
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - I did find some other places that sell it, but yeah - these two cons (Fanime last week and Akon next week) have leached or are going to leach lots of money from me. I'll probably wait until next month anyway to get the wonderflex. I have started redoing the rear shin guards (that got damaged in flight) and am using sculpey instead of paper clay. I'll want that done and the boots before A-kon (plus a shoulder pauldron harness so they can stay in the right place).

I did notice the gradient on the embroidered designs on Terra, which looked really cool. Must have taken some practice to get the gradient right?

Gestahl doesn't seem to have quite as much gradient - more direct transitions between colors on the designs. Probably the satin stitch would work pretty well for that. It's a little difficult to tell since Amano's artwork is the only reference there is for that. I'm going to need to improvise alot. I'll probably need to start working on that right after A-kon is over. I'll post progress in the Old School thread for that.

@Terra - good luck with what needs to be done. I have alot of projects I need to be working on as well right now.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2011, 09:12 PM   #754
MeiChama
Variable Trigger!

After seeing Bartz's dancer outfit in Dissidia 012 as a DLC, I know what I'll be cosplaying in the future. 8D <3333
[Alvin-Tales of Xillia]
[Lamp Miku-Vocaloid]

Cons Attending
[Vox Reax Tour]
[Miku Expo]

dA
Facebook
Instagram
MeiChama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 12:36 AM   #755
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@MeiChama - good luck on the costume! I just looked up that one, and it's interesting to see what SE has some of the characters wear, even if it's DLC.

@Terra - So were you planning on doing Lina for A-fest? One of my friends did a really good zelgadis costume in the past.

@Tifaia and Terra - so it does look like Afest will be on a weekend that class is not in session, so I should be able to go. I just need to convince a couple of my friends to go with me.

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 06-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #756
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Final: Yes, Lina should definitely be ready for Afest. I'm glad you're going to get to go. I'm really looking forward to it a lot. ^.^

@Mei: Good luck with it! I look forward to progress pics!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 06-05-2011, 04:20 PM   #757
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Final: That's good! Hopefully I can make it too. lol XD

@MeiChama: Good luck to you with your costume! Make sure to post progress photos. ^^

Just a few days until A-Kon. Super excited to wear CoD! Even the trainer stripper shoes! lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2011, 08:44 PM   #758
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: I am glad you are able to get back to work. I told myself I was going to take this week off and here I am back to work already. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I look forward to seeing your Lina finished (as well as your new Terra wig).

@ FinalEvangelion: I think satin stitch should work out just fine for you. I would just make sure you practice shaping the stitch so it transitions smoothly. The owner of that site does a really good job explaining how to do that though, so you shouldn't have a problem. As far as the gradient on Terra goes, sometimes I would have difficulty with it, but for the most part, my initial problem was using too much thread and making the design look bulky. I still suck at stitching circles too...

@ Terra~Esper, FinalEvangelion, and Tifaia: I am glad you guys are getting excited about the con you have coming up. Personally though, my funds are so low right now I am happy that my next con won't be until September. I have five costumes I want to do by then, so I will be busy and it will probably be here before I know it. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 06-05-2011, 10:20 PM   #759
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: My con isn't til September either, so I know what you mean. ^.^ Gotta finish Lina, Edgar, and Xelloss, and that cursed Terra wig.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 06-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #760
RoxasTsukiomi22
NaruTsukiomi

@Everyone on here: Sorry been MIA again...I just got from recovering from being isck with the con plague. Ugh which I hate. And I been taking care of my dad since he got in to a car accident last sat which wasn't his fault it was the young girl fault with no license, no insurance and not her car went straight and hit my dad while he was waiting to go. And so our car is totaled and gone but he's okay just dealing with back problems. Got him a new car way up north of Illinois close to the border of Wisconsin and he's finally able to go back work. XD But enough of that I got my private shoot pics finally got link to me and posted on Levelsixtyseven site which is here http://levelsixtyseven.smugmug.com/.

And yeah here is the first photo to upload on here to cosplay.com of a good quailty verison of my Zidane.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/2953734/

Well that's about it now...I should go to bed now since I'm also done with my workout.

Cosplay Progress
Knights of the Pluto Zidane Tribal-Dissidia 012 & FFIX 85%
Gakuen Naruto-Gakuen Naruto Shippu Series 0%
Kid Sora-Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep 90%

Cosplays Completed
Uzumaki Naruto-Naruto:Shippuden 100%
Anbu Naruto-Naruto 100%
Genin Sasuke- Naruto 100%
Sage Naruto- Naruto 100%
Zidane Tribal- Dissidia Final Fantasy 100%
RoxasTsukiomi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2011, 09:34 AM   #761
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@RoxasTsukiomi22: Oh wow. Sorry to read about your troubles but I'm glad that your father is ok. Hopefully he is able to recover quickly. ^^

And that photo is great! It really highlights your wig work.

@Final: So Dissidia shoot it taking place right after the FF main shoot on Friday. A few people dropped out on Saturday and/or have changed their costume plans. Only two people responded to my thread as "maybes" for Saturday. It needed to be moved. lol

Hopefully that works for you, but it's the only way I know it'll guarantee us at least a Firion, Emperor, and a Squall or two.

Setting up a photo shoot is a pain in the butt. I'm shocked as hell that some of the other larger groups (Kingdom Hearts and the Naruto side-groups) still have yet to pick a time or date. Convention is in less then 4 days! -_- How? Why?...chaos! lol Better believe I will be super ticked it one of them stomps on our ground. FF was the first to sign up so they can all back off! >.> /sigh Everyone wants the work done for them. No one wants to step up and take leadership. lol

To wind this back to the topic, they've released more of the DLC for 012 this week now that the PSN store is back up in most countries. Here's Shantotto...in the FF11 wedding gear. It disturbs me.
Unread 06-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #762
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - I think the regular Satin stitch will work as well. Just need to figure out the designs on his "back" scarf. I think I have a lot of liberty on that since the artwork is so vague.

@Tifaia - That sounds good to me. Cecil is a pain to put on and walk around in for too long, so I don't mind doing it all in one photoshoot. I was probably going to go as Zidane if I had to do the second photoshoot. I understand about organizing the thing. I did it at Fanime a year ago for the Tales Gathering. If you need help rounding people up, then I can certainly be of help. Also, I think my friends will be a red, black, and white mage for the gathering.

BTW, are you going to be participating in the cosplay show this year (not called masquerade here in Texas, lol.)?

Planned:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Unread 06-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #763
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Final: Agreed. Maneuvering in CoD isn't the funnest thing in the world. XD But yeah I will take any help for rounding up some more peoples. I won't be changing until that afternoon so I fear my 3 foot long gun might scare off a few people. >.>

After checking the rules and how much time it would take out of my day, I decided not to. I'll probably enter the hallway and gaming ones, but that's it. lol
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:23 AM   #764
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I love this thread.

I don't want to intrude or post in here much cos you guys obviously have ongoing conversations in this thread, but I find it all really interesting!

This is one of the threads I read the most, All your cosplays (completed and in progress) look fantastic, and the information you guys give each other is really helpful!

So yeah, thats my two cents
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2011, 11:32 AM   #765
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: I have a cursed Rapunzel wig I am working on. We are suffering together! :P I am sure you will finish everything on time. Just make sure you post some pictures for us!

@ RoxasTsukiomi22: Sorry to hear about what happened to your dad, other drivers scare me so much. I am glad to hear he is okay though. I hope he will recover quickly. Your costume looks great by the way! I love your weapons!

@ Sybren117: Hey thanks! Feel free to join in, this isn't a closed conversation after all.

@ Tifaia: I have never hosted a gathering before, but it looks like it takes a lot of time and patience. It seems like a lot of people have issues with coordination and following a leader. I am sure you will have a great turnout though.

@ FinalEvangelion: I have always been a firm believer in the idea that if you can't see it or tell what it is, you have free reign to improvise. I don't necessarily know what the designs look like on the front, but I would almost assume that they would be somewhat similar on the back. I am sure you will figure it out though. Good luck to you!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV