Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:01 PM   #1066
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

B-/ so i dont know what i was thinking i took heat and bond and put it between my interfacing and.liner......all i can say is I BOARDED A FAILBOAT!!! So glad i messed up one side but still!!! Idiot status i guess. Just wasnt satisfied with the look but now im satifisfied. Went.back up to get more purple fabric and bam no more!! Went home annoyed. Today i had this feeling not to go to the other store but i did and i found my fabric and there wasnt much left!! But......i got pulled over for one brake light and then they thought.my licensewas fake. /B-| so they sat in their ac police car for about 30 minutes while they made me turn my car off in the heat and sit in it. So annoyed but after they left i pulled out my fabric and yelled " SO WORTH IT!!!" >=D
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 08-21-2011, 03:43 PM   #1067
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Terra: XDDD A Terra better than you?? Actually, surprisingly, we didn't have a Terra for our Dissidia group. Sad I know... But we had other obscure ones instead. xD Man! YOU COULD HAVE BEEN OUR TERRA IF YOU LIVED CLOSER! xD lol.

@Seifer: Thank you! ^^ You bet I'll post a link here if I find it!

@Tifaia, thanks~ Aww.. x'D

@Lady Muramasa: What'cha making this time? O_O What cosplay?

I have a few new pictures from the con...
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3032075/
With Tidus! 8D http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3030452/
I'm still too giddy after this convention, and that was a week ago... xPPPP
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:08 PM   #1068
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lady: XD Wow. Well if you say it was worth it for the fabric then it was worth it. But wow. lol

@Liliana: That is one crazy Tidus. I wish I could get my chest to be that flat...not fair. >_< You look amazing, as always.

@Terra: Less then 2 weeks until the madness! I am super excited to see your Lina. And we'll totally have time to hang out backstage. They're sending out the prejudging times right now, earliest sign-ups first and working their way down the list. Though they haven't said when we need to be at the main stage to get ready. I'm assuming it'll be about 6 or so to get us prepped, lined up, and all that business. Sucks a bit that it starts so late, but I get it. Events don't start until 2 on Friday to work around people's schedules, with it being a normal school/work day for most. More people are likely to come the later the event is. Ah well. It will still be a lot of fun. So many people I'll run into. O_O

Aside: My 1,000 post was right here in this thread. Huzzah! lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2011, 04:18 PM   #1069
Liliana

@Tifaia: I know huh?! I wish I could get that flat too! >xD Then I'd totally do cosplays like Tidus in a heartbeat. And grats on your 1,000th post! YAY! *gives you a cupcake*
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #1070
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: Sweetie, the embroidery mistress is currently kicking my butt. ^.^ You should want to have her as your Terra. ^.~ And I wish I did live closer.... wait a sec. No. It's too damn COLD up there. ^.^ OMG. HOW IS SHE SO FLAT!?!?! You MUST find out how she did that!

@Mura: O.O How??? What??? But I know what you mean about the fabric. Ran out of spandex for my Lina gloves, went to get more, THEY WERE SOLD OUT! -sigh- Have to get creative....

@tifa: I'm looking forward to it! I just.... gotta get Lina done. -sigh- I'm trying to figure out how to get the armor to sit right. I'm thinking of attaching the cape to it with snaps... Maybe that'll help. Unfortunately, I need an extra set of hands... so I'll have to find someone to help. -.-;;; and I have to go see my mother in law to work on my secret cosplay. Ugh, Saturday it's looking like I'm gonna have to do LOTS of costume changes.... -headdesk-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #1071
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Thanks for letting me know about the curling process. That's so helpful. I am really hoping for some better results this way. Sorry to hear about your painting and resin issues. Keep at it! Don't give up. And hey now; I am not better than you, we are just different. There's no such thing as better anyway. Each cosplay is unique and beautiful in it's own way because it's each artist interpretation. Yeah, I went to art school to learn that bs. :P

@ Tifaia: Awww I am so sorry you didn't get the fabric you were hoping for. That's a real bummer. Maybe next time you will have more luck.

@ Lady Muramasa: Wow... that's what I call "a day". Way to stay positive though! What was the fabric for?

@ Liliana: Wow great photos! You look amazing in that single shot. I am with Tifaia and Terra though on wishing I could get my chest that flat!!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #1072
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: No problem. I'm always happy to help. And hun, if my costume's decorations were even HALF as pretty as yours, I'd be a very happy woman. ^.^ And I'm still having trouble with my resin... I just can't seem to get the mix right.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 08-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1073
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: No problem. I'm always happy to help. And hun, if my costume's decorations were even HALF as pretty as yours, I'd be a very happy woman. ^.^ And I'm still having trouble with my resin... I just can't seem to get the mix right.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 08-22-2011, 11:48 PM   #1074
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

@ Everybody, yes, quite a day it was! I'm finishing up The Emperor's alternate costume.....and it's frustrating. When this is done, I will finish up the armored one finally, but there is one problem......I want to repaint it black and white. There is this pic of him on deviantart some one drew of him that I am in love with but it's the black/white and purple version, and it's been swaying me away from the gold...but I like the gold. =*(.
Meh!

Nice progress! And results everyone! I need to go comment bomb! I haven't been doing that much lately, just been oogling peoples pics....lol.
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #1075
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Well thanks. What seems to be the problem with the resin? I mean what is it doing that it's not turning out well? I am pretty comfortable with resin, so I am hoping i can help.

@Lady Muramasa: Wow, both sound very cool actually, but I can see where it might be tough to choose which version. I am sure you will make the right choice. Me personally, I would probably go with the less cosplayed version, but that's just me. I like being different. :P Please post some progress when you can!

@ Everyone: I am a bit bummed out today. I was planning on going to Sac Anime at the beginning fo September, but because of financial issues, it looks like I won't be able to go afterall. I am hoping though that I can use this time to finish any lingering projects and then get started on something new to help cheer me up. It's such a bummer when things don't work out.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-23-2011, 06:46 PM   #1076
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I can get the stuff to set! I've ruined all my molds and have to go buy new ones! I've gone through 2 batches, and it's driving me nuts.

@everyone: On a good note, my secret cosplay is well under way. One more solid day with my mother-in-law and it should be complete! Got the boot covers done for Lina, gotta finish the gloves and the stuff with the pauldrons and I'll have a "working" Lina Inverse.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 08-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #1077
Liliana

@Terra: Congrats! It's nearly completed already?! i'm excited! I can't wait to see what this secret cosplay of yours is!

@Lady Muramasa: Lol! I like both, the gold emperor and black/white emperor too. xD I agree with Seifer too that the black/white one is less done which would be cool to see (I've only seen 2 black/white emperor cosplays) but the gold one is also pretty... And blonde. x3
LOL! Cool! I didn't know that you were working on the Emperor's third alt too. I'm trying updating my currant one I've made so it's more suitable to the Dissidia version. ^^ *is trying to get it done for a con in Feb*

@Seifer-sama: I'm sorry to hear about that. Financial issues like to ruin things! I hope that'll get straightened out...

So now after that con is over where I debuted Emperor again, I'm going to take a break from that gold cosplay and update the rest of him later. In the meanwhile, I have a whole truckload of upcoming Dissidia 012 cosplays on the go.... @___@ Just thought I'd share my list...

Bartz Klauser
Emperor Mateus (3rd alternative)
Exdeath
Kain Highwind (Holy Dragoon armor)
Cosmos
Kuja (Trance/ex-mode version)

This is going to keep me reaaalllly busy in the meanwhile... I yet have to start Bartz and Kuja though, but everyone else is well on their way. EXDEATH IS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF ME. THE DEATH OF ME. HE IS. @_______@
....I love you guys....
Unread 08-23-2011, 09:14 PM   #1078
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: I look forward to seeing Kain and Cosmos! I've been debating seeing if my husband would do that version of Kain.... but I dunno if he will. ^^;;; And we love you too!!! Hang in there!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 08-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #1079
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Lil: ...you are always so busy with something. >.> Don't overwork yourself. lol

@Terra: Hang in there. I hate resin too. >.> I gave up on it and went with craft foam instead and it turned out to be a million times better. Not that you should do the same thing. You'll get it to work. I just got annoyed and went with my backup. haha
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2011, 10:12 AM   #1080
Liliana

@Terra: Yeah! Talk your hubby into it lol. But I'm excited about making Kain too, I've bought the wig for him already, I think it'll work I hope: http://cosplayanimewigs.com/40hereblexlo.html I'm really excited about making his armor, I know it's going to be fun. >xD

@Tifaia: *hugs* ...Yes, knowing me a probably will over work myself... xD But hey, I'm still happy right now. xD I'll see how long I can take this pressure lol.

And I finished making the base of Exdeaths helmet last night. (but I still have to foam it and paint on details) Today right now, I'm making the shoulders for him... I'm having some brain farts about it though, on HOW I should attach it to Exdeaths body and helmet... Cause it very well looks like (too me) that the shoulders, body, and helmet are all together as one piece. http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ath_Render.png ...It's putting it all together that has me confused. O_o Umm... thoughts?