Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-09-2011, 07:14 PM   #1186
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I was thinking of using spandex or something like it actually, something forgiving in case I have more fitting issues. -sigh- I dunno... But good luck with Edea! I can't wait!!!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #1187
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Seifer: Good luck! XD And I don't mind the sketch being lost. I enjoy sketching. And I'll probably find it after I get this new one done, knowing my luck. >.>

@Terra: If you haven't seen, the AFest staff got us during our photo shoot doing the derpy faces. lol http://animefest.smugmug.com/Events/...751759_wvTWmGQ

Just a thought, but what if the top were more like a corset? Something that you could adjust and cover with whatever fabric you'd like without it causing fit issues over time? Just throwing it out there. I know it's something I'm looking at for Queen Beryl since my chest size keeps fluctuating and I wasn't happy with how the top was fitting last weekend.

Aside: My b/f just went spazzy on me about doing a Slayers costume. I think this might break him into cosplaying. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt

Last edited by tifaia : 09-10-2011 at 10:22 AM.
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #1188
jantsu2307
Cidi

For my next 2 projects the first one will be Bartz Klauser which i've made already the sword but the rest will be made later.

BUT my bigger project and my competition suit for next year will be Warrior of Light with Classic Red costume. fullbody armor and a LOTS of craft foam will be usedXD hope it looks good when it's ready.
jantsu2307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 01:12 PM   #1189
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa: Nice! Thanks for showing me that! They had more pictures of my Lina, so that makes me happy.

As for the dress, You mean just make it with laces in the mack instead of a zipper?

@Jantsu: Welcome to our chaotic little thread. Can't wait to see your Bartz.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 09-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #1190
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Terra: Yep yep on the lacing. I know it wouldn't be entirely accurate, but we're human. We change sizes. And as women, we have boobs; not flat as a pancake as Terra. >.> I've seen it on other corsets where the lacing can be hidden behind a fabric panel once on the person, so that could be another option to keep the lines clean and not obvious that it's a laced corset. But that way you have better control over the fit compared to a zipper corset, and not have to worry about remaking it every time your size changes. Stupid chestiscles....hate them sometimes. >_<
Unread 09-12-2011, 12:12 PM   #1191
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Don't feel bad about the costume fitting issues... I had the same issue when I went to go do the photoshoot. Maybe you could try the cotton satteen too. You could just dye it the color you want and it has a bit of stretch from the sounds of it. I also think Tifaia's idea about having laces in the back might work too. You wouldn't really notice either, since it would be covered by the cape. Thanks for the luck wish, I am sure I will need it. :P

@ Tifaia: Thanks. That's good that you don't mind resketching it. I probably would have freaked, just because I usually spend a lot of time staring at references to make my pattern sketches. :P I am glad to hear the b/f might be interested in cosplay! That should be fun! I am still trying to draw my sister back in...

@ jantsu2307: Good luck on the Bartz costume. We request progress pictures when they are available. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 05:10 PM   #1192
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@everyone: Thanks for all the condolences and luck wishes for my upcoming projects. Still no progress, but I do have news! We've just rescued a new kitten! Her name is Shadow, and my mom found her at a friends house beside the highway. She's JUST BARELY old enough to be away from mommy. but is still on soft food, so we're keeping a close eye on her and her weight gain so she'll be healthy.

For those who may be wondering, no Elphaba is NOT happy about this. lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0911011726.jpg (64.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0911011939.jpg (72.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0912011033.jpg (46.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0912011056.jpg (51.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 0912011029.jpg (42.4 KB, 0 views)

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #1193
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

tifaia: It was nice actually meeting you at Afest! Seeing your CoD in person made me super happy, maybe one day I'll actually get in shape enough to cosplay her too! I just love her design. *o*

To be sorta on topic, since I wasn't able to finish my Dancer Bartz in time for the con (I've got everything finished but the collar of the shirt and a bit more of the wig), I do have some progress I can share-- [cliiick.]

This is one of the Arda wigs, I really should have gotten one with a skin top so that I could move the central point over to one side instead of practically on top (it's looking SO inaccurate to me, but I do like it so far despite that!). Still have to style the sides and the back into that lovely whoosh, but yeah!

Also no makeup. I need to stop taking progress photos like that... D:

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 06:03 PM   #1194
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

Wow! Forum explosion! O_O

@Terra: My Terra dress fabric that I used reminds me of kimono fabric. It's a heavy material, it doesn't breath through, and it has a slight sheen to it. I personally really like it. 8D And cute new kitty!!! Can I come over and play with the sweetie..? ;_;

@Tifaia: I love your pictures!~ I wish I was there at the convention!

@Hee-Hee: Wow! What a brilliant Bartz wig! You've styled it so perfectly! I don't think I can get my Bartz wig to come out as well as yours! XD It's beautiful.

@jantsu2307: Yay more Bartz love!~ And i'm so happy that you want to attempt the warrior of Light's red outfit, that makes me happy! I'm tempted to do that version too, but first I better finish his Ex-Mode cosplay first before I get myself into a bigger cosplay mess. xP

@Chaos55: Jecht cosplayers are out there! ^^ You'll find one. I'd say you will find as much Jecht cosplayers as much as you find Auron cosplayers. ...I think? Oo I had a Jecht in my Dissidia group.

@Siefer: ...Hi! *hugs* XDDD I can't leave ya out of my message lol.

Nothing new to report on Exdeath. I need to buy more craft foam for him though - LONG pieces of foam! Besides that I've just suddenly gotten lazy with him. AGAIN. lol. XD I keep getting distracted by other FF cosplays! xP I'm not even gonna say how much cosplays I have on the go right now on just Final Fantasy alone... O///O It's absurd...
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2011, 08:10 PM   #1195
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: Absolutely! I'm sure both my girls would LOVE someone new to play with! Shadow is really shy though, so you'd have to stay for a few days to get her used to you. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 09-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #1196
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Hee-Hee: It was nice meeting you too! I only wish I could have stayed in CoD a bit longer to hang out with you all that afternoon, but the Moonies were calling me to get into Queen Beryl mode. lol

And I'm always a fan of your wig work. That Bartz wig looks fab!

@Terra: Kitty! BTW that second picture looks like your Kitty got possessed. >.>

@Liliana: It would have been cool to have you around. XD After this last con I'm determined for my next one(which won't be for at least 5 months) to have a villains gathering of all series, movies, animes, games, etc. There are so few of us, and we got to stick together! And it just tickles me to think of Emperor or Garland in the same photo as Freeza (DBZ) or Ken (Digimon). Seeing that my friend-base is growing in Canada-land, I'm going to have to make the trip up there eventually. lol

@All: Starting CoD Purple and White version with a leotard base. Onward to the land of insanity!
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:29 AM   #1197
jantsu2307
Cidi

Seifer-sama: I'll be starting to make the costume this week, when i've bought the materials in few days and of course I'll add some pictures (In fact I've added now a picture of the sword to my profile^^)

Liliana: Yeah that Classic Red-costume will be my big bang for next year, cause I'll be attending either Finland's Eurocosplay preliminaries (Europe's championship competition) or World Cosplay Summit with it. It's going to be awesome, can't wait^^

Last edited by jantsu2307 : 09-13-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #1198
jantsu2307
Cidi

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3053055/
Unread 09-13-2011, 10:31 AM   #1199
Seifer-sama

@ Terra~Esper: Awwww! She is cute! Your current kitty may be unhappy about it now, but she will appreciate having someone to play with once they get used to one another. My kitty was the same way.

@ Hee-Hee: I think the wig looks great so far! It's nice to see some progress, you disappeared on us for a while there. :P

@ Liliana: Aww! Thanks for including me. I thought of you when I bought my fabric. :P Hopefully I can start showing some work on Edea really soon. It sounds like you are pretty busy though... I can't wait to see some more progress on any of your current projects.

@ Tifaia: Oohhh! I am excited to see the new CoD! Pictures please! I might be joining you on the insanity thing too, it's almost time to start my brother's Skullomania costume (off topic I know), so there will be lots of painting for me. Ah well, at least I don't have to soak in wet paint for hours, he does. Ha ha!

@ jantsu2307: Wow great progress so far!! What is the sword made out of?

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 12:00 PM   #1200
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I know she will, cause he current playmate is about to move out with out roommate That's the reason we adopted Shadow. That and I couldn't just leave her... ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%