Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 26 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #1216
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa: Of course I did. Actually, the thought hit me upside the head when I was typing my reply and it amused me. ^.^ The beads look lovely.

-sigh- I'm so bored when I haz no monies. lol

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)

Last edited by Terra~Esper : 09-16-2011 at 05:15 PM.
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #1217
jantsu2307
Cidi

Aah, steady progress happening here on my dissidia costumes .

For Bartz I've made the shirt and cape ready, but unfortunately only next week I'll get some new pictures for them.

Warrior of Light just only being started. The wig has been ordered, I bought the materials for making the shield and that'll be my next thing to do (painting)^^. For that you'll also have to wait till next week for pictures
jantsu2307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #1218
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@jantsu2307: We can't wait to see pictures! It's always good to have new blood in the thread. XD

@Terra: Been there with the empty wallet. /comfort Things will pick up eventually. No worries. ^^

@All: Dyeing round one has finished and I have very purple hands. I never liked wearing gloves. Always cumbersome and I end up getting drip marks bleeding in areas I didn't want them to go. The dye and paint comes off eventually so screw it. I get purple or red or pink or orange hands for a few days. *shrugs* I hope to start the second round with skin tone coloring this afternoon. I love spandex! XD
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM   #1219
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Tifa: So it's dyeing well? That's good. ^.^ And I think colored hands are cool. Though for the sake of my nails I usually wear gloves... at least the cheap plastic medical gloves from wal mart. ^^;;;

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 09-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #1220
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - I was looking through Kamui's tutorials http://www.kamuicosplay.com/ I may end up doing something like that. Speaking of that (Kamui), I may try expandable foam for my next shoulder pauldrons for Cecil. It seems a lot lighter and cheaper than using paper clay. That could be a big fail though.

@Jantsu - looking forward to progress on Bartz. The sword looks really good.

@Terra and Tifaia - I guess we will see as it gets closer. I'm not sure how my finances will hold up either and it's about a 5 hour drive to Dallas from SA.

@Tifaia. Have fun with the dyeing. I've never dyed fabric before. Is it true that it really only works going from lighter to darker colors?

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 10:32 AM   #1221
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Those beads are just too awesome. I am glad to hear you are making more progress as well, it makes me a little jealous though. I can't really start on Edea until I finish my secret cosplays. Bleh... I never use gloves for dyeing either. Like you said, it seems even easier to make a mess when you have gloves. Plus... maybe it's just me, but I have no grip whatsoever when I wear those plasticy gloves. I have dropped my projects in the dye bath so many times because of that little issue. :P Anyway, keep up the great work and have fun dyeing!!

@ Terra~Esper: I am in the same boat as you. It's my guy's birthday this Friday, and I spent all my money on his present. Ah well. I suffer with you at least! I hope you are able to start something really soon though.

@ jantsu2307: Yays! Progress! I look forward to pictures! Ahem... please?

@ FinalEvangelion: Oh wow! Her gems are awesome. I have a pretty lame connection right now, so I will have to watch the full thing a little later. Foam armor might not be a bad what to go, at least experiment with it and see if it will work for you. You never know.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #1222
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Work, like a Vampire, has been sucking the life out of me!! I don't even have time to do cosplay I just want to come and friggin sleep!! >=( I'm trying so hard to get with it!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:01 PM   #1223
Bahzi
Hi gaiz!

I haven't posted here in awhile, because I hadn't gotten decent photos of my Dissidia Zidane costume- on me anyways. I did find one from Dragon*Con though, and it came out pretty well. It figures I'd have my tail on backwards and the scabbard doesn't show, but it's still a nice picture (and that Steiner is awesome).

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3049323/big/

I want to make the mage mashers for Ohayocon, free time allowing, but I'm pretty happy with how the costume itself came out, overall. I kind of wish I had used a slightly more aqua toned blue for the pants and cuffs, but due to weight loss, the pants might need to be completely re-made if taking them in again yields unsatisfactory results, and if so, I'll get a better colored fabric for version 2.
Bahzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2011, 11:08 PM   #1224
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Awesome Zidane Bahzi! I'm hoping to at least have one of my Dissidia cosplays finished by next year. Keep up the good work!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #1225
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Bahzi: Nice work! And it's always cool to run into another character from the same series. That Steiner is neat. XD

@Lady: Sorry to hear about work! Hopefully you'll get time soon to start working on projects again.

@all: Hand sewing time. Pretty sure my machine will kill my cutouts so it might be a little longer then anticipated before I put up any progress photos. ><
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 10:09 AM   #1226
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Terra: Pretty new icon!!! =D

@Seifer-sama: Hehe yes! Minwu is in my top 3 fav FF II characters with Firion and Emperor. I luv him. <3 The next Dissidia he's going to be in it. :3 I WILL MAKE SURE OF THAT HE WILL, MUAHAHAHA. And as for the changes I want to do on the cosplay, I just want to bring out more details. I want to remake the belt with more beads, re-style the turban better, and.. more beads and things. XD Also a darker makeup foundation, I'm so white... X__X

@jantsu: Awesome!! I can't wait to see pictures! I love those characters you're cosplaying!

@tifaia: *giddy* I'm excited over your new CoD cosplay and it isn't even my own... xD I can't wait to see how the dying progress looks! That's something I want to get into more, dying fabric... Maybe when I do Yuna. :P

@Bahzi: I love your Zidane! The colours are even accurate, it's very good! And I love your Steiner too.~ I hope version 2 will turn out for you!

...I wish i could share my cosplay progresses, but all the ones I am working on at the moment aren't from Dissidia... xD (even though they are still from FF lol) I should get back to Kain, Bartz, and Exdeath. I'm rotating over 10 cosplays here! SUCH MADDNESS!!! xO
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #1227
jantsu2307
Cidi

Okay so now I've got fwe crappy pictures of my doings

First is Bartz Klauser pictures:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/394147/

And next the Warrior of Light (PS: only one picture from the shield is for now and NOTICE that the paint is still WET when I took this picture, that's why it looks pretty bad on that :P)
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/395323/

I know it's not much, but you'll have to satisfy with these for now.

PSS: Not related to Dissidia but I'm also making Cloud Strife from KH1 and uploading WIP pictures here so if you're interested, here's the link for the pictures for that:
http://www.cosplay.com/costume/394364/
jantsu2307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #1228
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: You guys let me show you my Lina progress here. I DEMAND progress updates!!! ^.^ Thanks for all the comments on my pictures and icon. I appreciate them bunches. And I feel your paint about skin tone. I am too... ^^;;;

@Jantsu: Looking good!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 09-21-2011, 12:45 PM   #1229
Seifer-sama

@ Lady Muramase: I think I am in the same boat as you. I hope you will get back into the groove soon though!

@ Bahzi: You look awesome! I bet Dragon Con was a blast!

@ Tifaia: Hang in there! You can do it! You might have to bandage your fingertips, but that's nothing new right? :P

@ Liliana: Oh that would be so cool if he was in the next Dissidia, but I don't think they would pick a "minor" character like him. I like what you have though, and I am sure that any revisions you make will only improve on it. I can't wait!

@ jantsu2307: Wow! You move fast! Excellent progress so far! Keep up the awesome work.

@ Terra~Esper: I love the new icon! You look so pretty!

@ Anyone: Feeling kinda lame here... I haven't done much at all and what I have done I haven't liked so I have had to redo it. Uhg. I am just so ready to move on to new projects but the old ones are just dragging me down at the moment and moving soooooooo slowly. Anyway, hopefully things will change at the end of the month. I hope. ^ ^;

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2011, 01:16 PM   #1230
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: Thanks! Hey, you said you got the stretch cotton sateen for Edea, right? And you're dyeing it? How did that turn out, and how shiny is it?

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Last edited by Terra~Esper : 09-21-2011 at 02:50 PM.