Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:37 PM   #1246
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@aiyua: I suppose so! Hello there! I would love to see progress work on either character!
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-29-2011, 01:27 AM   #1247
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - I'm very close to finished on my Duke costume. Just need to sew the leggings and do the few small armor plates (which isn't more than plastic and foam). I should finish up once I get myself to sit down and get through it. I do have to do most of the weapon. I've cut the foam, just need to sand it down (this is my 2nd time to do it since I screwed up fiberglass cloth the first time). I'll probably do the weapon simultaneously as I start working on the next Cecil sword.

@Terra - no worries. I'm not sure I will be able to convince any of my friends to go to Yule. I rather not go to cons alone, even though I have done that before.

@aiyua - so you will be going to Sakura-con as well? I guess that's three of us in this thread (Seifer and I will be there as well).

@Readed - always good to see more FF9 cosplays.

@tifaia - thanks for the tips.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #1248
aiyua
Goddess of Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinalEvangelion View Post
@aiyua - so you will be going to Sakura-con as well? I guess that's three of us in this thread (Seifer and I will be there as well).
Woah, really? Awesome!

Oh, and actually, I don't think I'll be able to do Cosmos for Sakura-Con, given the amount of time and money it will take. However, I'll still work on her for the next con after... which is actually PAX, now that I think about it. *sob* ;^;

Cosplay queue:
Tooru [A-Channel] - 90%
Cosmos (original design: warrior) [Dissidia: Final Fantasy]
Flygon (gijinka) [Pokemon]
aiyua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #1249
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@RedeadDie, aiyua, and Materia: Welcome to our section of crazy land. You'll get sucked in get like the rest of us. XD Good luck to all of your with your costumes and feel free to ask us any questions. We promise we're really nice; just half of us play bad guys on tv. >.>

@Terra: /comfort No worries. Lack of funds does create a damper in having a hobby. ><

@Final: I'm like that as well. I don't mind going alone, but it's always better with a friend or two.

@Seifer: Hi!!!!!! That is all. ^^

Progress...well I got side-tracked by shinies this week. But really, all I have to do is cut out the cape and fix the clasps for my skittle beads. Otherwise I'm done. But the shinies...oh the shinies! Vile temptress! lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 10:34 AM   #1250
Seifer-sama

@ RedeadDie: Welcome to the thread! I look forward to seeing some progress. Are you making both the Zidane and the Kuja costumes?

@ Terra~Esper: A new job huh? That's exciting. I think the only problem is that it means less time to work on your cosplays, but at least you will have munnies to pay for everything now. :P I would love to see your new Terra design though, sounds exciting.

@ aiyua: Oh you are going to Sakura con?? I hope to see you there, no matter who you decide to cosplay. If all works out I should be there with my Terra and hopefully my Sabin and Edgar can make it too.

@ FinalEvangelion: Wow, glad to hear you are making some progress. It sounds like you are nearly finished, that's great. So the next costume is Cecil remakes or are you going to work on something else?

@ Tifaia: Hey there! I love shinies... they distract me too. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #1251
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@FinalEvangelion: Did I see you mention weapon prop making? I love making prop weapons for cosplay. I'd like to see progress work of it when you can. (Especially of Cecil's sword.)

@tifaia: Oh, I'm sure I'll like it here. I happen to love cosplaying mainly "bad guys" so I do not mind.

@Seifer-sama: Well, yes. I want to make them both within a year. I usually end up making cosplays or cosplay parts for a second character just so a friend can do a duet cosplay with me. (I'm a little obsessed with sewing you see.) I already have a friend interested in being Zidane.
Unread 09-29-2011, 02:00 PM   #1252
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: Okay. Apparently PMs don't let us send pics, so I'll put it here. It's a combination dissidia/PSX CG look. The colors aren't 100% what I want, but I just colored it with my copic markers, and my collection is sadly lacking. In short, I'm doing the darker jewelly tones from the PSX version instead of the circus tent inspired amano stuff. ^^;;;

@everyone else: You guys can look too, but ALL OF YOU ARE SWORN TO SECRECY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg terra.jpg (171.8 KB, 0 views)

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #1253
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

I'M BACK! X_X (I know I disappeared again, Terra's gonna bonk me on the head for that maybe..) xP So many new posts and new people!~

@jantsu2307: Woh! Awesome progress!! O__O So exciting!! And like what Tifaia said, it's so nice to see more old school FF's coming to life.

@Seifer: Seeing that Laguna made it into Dissidia 012 and not Seifer or some of the other major characters, it wouldn't surprise me if they picked Minwu for a new FF II character in 012! (WHICH THEY TOTALLY IGNORED FF II ALTOGETHER ANYWAY!!! WHY?!?!?!! *EMPEROR RAGE!!!*) Just cause Minny was the leader in Soul of Rebirth, (kind of taking the place of Firion) I think it'd be very fitting. Plus, a white mage user to win battles with! WHOOHOO! Either him or Leon. ..which are actually both really good choices if you think deeply about it... *cough* anyway, I'll stop rambling. xP

@Tifaia: *GASPS!!!* Oh my gosh, your new CoD!!! *fan girls over new dissidia costume* You're making such quick progress! Great work! I can hardly wait to see it done!

@aiyua: A warrior Cosmos?! AWESOME! I love that original idea! If you feel like it, you must post pictures so we can see! It sounds like it will be very beautiful.

@Materia & RedeadDie: Hiii! *waves* It's really nice too new faces here. And new Dissidia cosplays in the works!~

@Terra: Ok ok, I'll post pictures. WHEN I FINISH THEM!!!! XD I might share in progresses, but I dunno. It's not really much to show unless I am wearing the whole thing. But I will say that Red Mage is pretty well done, and White Mage, and Stella from FFV is done, Prince Alus from FF III is done, Edgar Roni Figaro 'who all of us old school FF fans know' is ALMOST done... And OOOOO at your plans there! ^__~ It's beautiful~

I'm going off to the fabric store tomorrow to buy more cosplay materials! SO EXCITEEEEE!! I rarely get out shopping for cosplay supplies, so this moment for me is like, the same level of excitement as going to a con. >W< I can hardly wait! My heart pounds thinking about it! *ThuPUMPthuPUMPthUpUMP* EEEE~ So hopefully I'll find the rest that I need for my Bartz cosplay, and Emperor's 3rd alternative. I'm kinda thinking about completely redoing the robe I made before.. If I can find identical fabric that looks like Emperors. ._. But it is sooo hard.... I do not know if I should just use what I have already?

Oh yeah! speaking of photos I never did show pictures to ya guys of my finished Terra and Cosmos cosplays? Oops? O__o http://www.cosplay.com/costume/395618/ http://www.cosplay.com/costume/385288/
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #1254
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Terra~Esper: Cross my heart and hope to die! I shall keep your secret!

@Liliana: Thanks for the welcome and oh my goodness. You are an amazing Emperor! Excuse me while I just sit here in awe of your amazing detail to him. Also, your Cosmos and Terra are simply divine. Also, if you're having trouble finding the right color, have you considered finding something close and test dying swatches in different combinations of dyes?
Unread 09-29-2011, 05:20 PM   #1255
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: You BET I'm gonna bonk you! -bonks with stolen empy staff- Where have you been!? I've missed youuuuuuu! Cosmos looks beautiful, Terra is epic, and I demand to know when you started Edgar without telling me!? That's it. When Edgar's done, you HAVE to come down to Texas. No getting around it. ^^

Good luck with the fabric store. May the cosplay gods bless you so that you find everything you want for good prices. ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:16 PM   #1256
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Terra: OWIEEE!
I knew she'd do that. LOL Sorry, I started Edgar like maybe 5 or 4 weeks ago..?? I forget exactly. he's kind of been an off and on cosplay progress. And because of that, I lost track of when and how many hours I have worked on him. So I can only guess... But yeah, His costume is done now! Right now I'm still making his sword and chainsaw. ^^ And chainsaw mask thingy LOL.
And lol thanks! I hope so too. xD

@RedeadDie: *blush* xD Awww man... Thank you... I'm really flattered to hear you say that! XD Emperor is my most favorite cosplay for many reasons... And always will be. ^_^ lol and thanks again! I can't wait till your FF IX cosplays turn out!~ And hmmm, I could try that for Empy's robe... But his robe also has a pattern on it.. 8/ I'm not sure how I'm going to do this.
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 06:58 PM   #1257
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

Lol you all are silly! Ugh make sure if you get different fabric that you get enough. I hate running out going back to get more and they are out! :/
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM   #1258
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Liliana: Emperor is my second favorite Final Fantasy villain/antagonist. (Kuja will forever be my favorite.) Hancock fabrics SHOULD usually allow you to take free fabric swatches. (I'm not sure if this fact varies from region to region.) I wish I can tell you where to get a pattern, but I haven't used a store bought pattern in a few years. (I draft and drape my own.) Hmm, I can test out some muslin on a maniquin tomorrow and figure out a pattern for the robe or get an idea where to find a similar pattern. I'm going to visit my old college tomorrow, so they have plenty of maniquins I can use, even the male figure ones. That is if you'd like.
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:25 AM   #1259
Seifer-sama

@ RedeadDie: Well that's awesome. Cosplay is always more fun with good company. Like Terra said, let us know if you have any questions and we will do our best to help.

@ Terra~Esper: PM's don't let you send pictures? That's odd. You can't even post the link? Ah well. I love the design! I like that you have the shoulder armor, I always loved that part of her costume. So I guess my question is, you said you didn't quite have the colors you wanted, so what are you looking to change from your design?

@ Liliana: Wow! That's a lot of typing. :P I can see your point though, if Laguna is in, hopefully Mindu will be as well. FF2 needs more love. I would be happy if either he or Leon made it in the next Dissidia. I really feel like the older FF games could use some extra attention, there are a lot of really awesome characters that came out of the FF games before FF7. Have fun at the fabric store, I get to go shopping tomorrow for the (hopefully) final pieces to the secret cosplays. By the way, your Cosmos and Terra are absolutely gorgeous. I love the costumes, the wigs, and even your makeup! I love your makeup!! I wish I was that good at makeup. And wow, i had no idea you were working on Edgar!! I really want to see what you come up with for the chainsaw... eeep... wasn't I supposed to send you a picture of mine? ^^;

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #1260
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Liliana: Stop disappearing on us! >.> And of course your work is fantastic. As always. I'm going to have to pull up a thesaurus every time I comment on your picture. I'm becoming repetitive in my responses. There's only so many times I can say awesome, gorgeous, or fabulous. lol

Fan girling? Really? XD Nah. It's not that awesome. haha I hope to have everything all done next week and convert a corner of the crafting hole that is my room into a photo studio.

Good luck with the fabric store!

@Seifer: I feel like the dog from Up this week. Sewing along and making sure I'm blindstiching this secti...squirrel! *point!*

and it's back to sewing.

@Lady: I hate when the happens. But it's also why I have an unusually large stockpile of crimson, red, blood red, and other shades of red fabric. At least I had enough for those projects. Now I need to figure out what to do with all of it...

@RedeadDie: I'm the same way with patterns. I make my own. Then again a lot of the projects I choose have never been attempted or so few have tried that no pattern exists (and what/how to alter takes way more time then to make it myself). And good to see more villain respect! (BTW you're Edgeworth avatar made me chuckle. I love Ace Attorney as much as I love FF. I get the feeling that I've seen you at A-Kon before...which costume I can't remember, but it'll come to me.)

Minor costume update: Cape is drying after doing my dye bath. Need to add straps, clasps, and whatnot. Then it's back to adding new clasps to the skittle beads.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt

Last edited by tifaia : 09-30-2011 at 11:12 AM.
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote