Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:16 AM   #1261
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: Actually, I rather got the idea by looking at http://cupcake-rufflebutt.deviantart...-Time-93226101 so I was thinking the darker tones she was using. The dissidia stuff is a bit brighter and I thought the darker colors would look better with my skin tone. But instead of the heavy silk she's using, I need something slightly stretchy so it'll fit to my body and still fit if something unforseen occurs. -sigh- I begin to think I may be too picky...

....And yes, you were supposed to show us the chainsaw.

@Tifa: Hiii! I can't wait to see how everything turns out!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)

Last edited by Terra~Esper : 09-30-2011 at 11:19 AM.
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #1262
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Seifer-sama: Agreed. As long as I have a friend to be the protagonist to my antagonist then I have lots of fun!

@tifaia: I know right? I'm having that problem with my Jareth cosplay, so I decided to make my own pattern for him as well. I'm going to have to do so with Kuja...after I loose the weight though. YES! Villains/antagonists forever!
(Now for randomly off topic for a sec, yes I love Ace Attorney just as much as Final Fantasy. I see your lovely cosplays as well fellow fan! PM me later and we can talk more epicness about it! I haven't been to A-kon since A-kon 17...or was it 18? I was Xemnas and/or Vexen during that time and that was back when I was an mean elitist cosplayer. *ashamed*)
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2011, 11:02 PM   #1263
aiyua
Goddess of Harmony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeadDie View Post
Now for randomly off topic for a sec, yes I love Ace Attorney just as much as Final Fantasy.
Eureka! That -was- Edgeworth in your avatar!

...OK, sorry for irrelevant posting. I just like to make references. >__>;;

Cosplay queue:
Tooru [A-Channel] - 90%
Cosmos (original design: warrior) [Dissidia: Final Fantasy]
Flygon (gijinka) [Pokemon]
aiyua is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #1264
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@aiyua: Why yes it was! One of my favorite characters to cosplay. Now getting back onto topic...

I'm in the middle of altering a wig I wore once for one cosplay into my Kuja wig. Just got to make it a bit more straight...it's way to wavy. (Plan on fixing that soon.) I'm also in the middle of working on his nails. Filing down fake nails takes a long time.
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #1265
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Redead and Aiyua: Don't be too scared of off topic posts. We've lot track of how often it happens. ^.^;;;

@everyone: YAY!!! My monthly allowance is going to come in soon! Which means I get to go to the fabric store!!! -happydance and twirling stolen Empy staff- Happy happy Terra... ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:51 PM   #1266
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Terra: Would'ja gimme back my staff already 'Miss Happy Esper'?! xD

@RedeadDie: Awesome! It makes me happy to hear Emperor does get more love out there.

@Seifer-Sama: Indeed! Dx *nods* And yeah! I'd love to see your chainsaw! xD POST EEEEET... If you want to. And lulz I think my chain saw is kinda bording. It doesn't really look like a chain saw to me... That much. :/

@Tifaia: Heehee you. xD And WOW! Good luck converting your room there! I love the idea of a photo studio!~ >O<

And I found my material for Emperor! EXCEPT for the main robe material, as I still can;t find a similar design that's on the material that is like his. I'm still just thinking about using my old robe I made, even though the design is not the same. At least the robe is shaped the same way lol. xD
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2011, 09:18 PM   #1267
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: Aww.... but I'm havin fun! -pouts and gives back staff- You're so mean.... Grats on the successful fabric hunt! Hopefully I'll get to go Monday.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 10-01-2011, 10:38 PM   #1268
Liliana

@Terra: Of course I am mean, who did you think I was? Your Beloved Onion Knight in shining armor? I'M THE EMPEROR FOR CHAOS'S SAKE!! XD lol jks~ I love ya girl! And I hope you'll get to go shopping on Monday too! YAY MONEY TO SPEND! ^O^ *high fives you*
Unread 10-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #1269
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: I've always kinda wondered about that... isn't he like 12? -twitch- NOT a pedo. I'd rather have the Paladin, and that says something cause I had a bad relationship with one in the past. ^^;;; -high fives-

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 10-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #1270
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

Liliana: Congrats on finding the material! Bah, I use pieces from old cosplays here and there. Might as well use it for something so it's not just sitting there collecting dust.

And owwww...getting into shape for Kuja will be the death of me! x.x But it'll be worth it to cosplay him finally! When I told my friend I was going to cosplay Kuja within a year, the first thing she said was this. "Heh, so you're going to do some waxing for that cosplay?" I didn't get what she said until I was driving home. Dumb moment for me. XD
Unread 10-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #1271
FinalEVA
BRING OUT YOUR DEAD!!!

@Seifer - Yep. Once I'm done with Duke, I'll be getting started on my Cecil. I will also be making Pen Pen from Neon Genesis Evangelion. I don't have an Evangelion cosplay (I don't look anything like any of the characters) despite my user name. I would like to be doing Gestahl too, but I don't know how realistically I'll have it done by Sakura con since it's pretty detailed. It would be cool though if you guys are doing your FF6 cosplays for the gathering, though.

@RedeadDie - Prop making is my favorite part of the cosplay hobby. It's one reason I like Zidane's cosplay so much is because I can have a new prop each time since their seems to be an unlimited selection.

@Liliana - When you did Cecil's "horns" on his should armor, what did you make them out of? I'm considering doing expandable foam this time so they won't be so heavy and slipping off of me all the time.

@Everyone else - I suppose I should post a pic of my dog, Akiba, fully grown. He's become quite beautiful, although his coat will get fuller as he ages. He's right now in between shedding his puppy coat and growing out his adult regal coat. I've really gotten attached to him, though.

Pen Pen (Evangelion) - 10%
Duke Pantarei (Tales of Vesperia) - 95% - wig needs restyling.
Cecil Harvey (FF Dissidia) - 10%

Planned:

Emperor Gestahl (Final Fantasy VI)
Rakushun Rat form (Twelve Kingdoms)
Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles)
Link Zora Armor (LoZ: Twilight Princess)

Desired, but not confirmed:

Dart Dragoon Form (LoD)
Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

PM me for free photoshoot in Seattle area.
My Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finalevacosplay/

Last edited by FinalEVA : 10-02-2011 at 11:42 PM.
FinalEVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 09:46 AM   #1272
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Final: Oh wow he's gotten so biiig! And fluffy!!! -wants to cuddle- I love it! ^.^

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 10-03-2011, 12:10 PM   #1273
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@FinalEvangelion: Fluffy cute puppy! I myself have a Shiba Inu who I consider one of my cosplay partners. Anyways, prop making was my favorite thing in cosplay too! Up until I became addicted to sewing a lot. Still want to see pics of your progress on the props you're currently working on though!
Unread 10-03-2011, 04:57 PM   #1274
Lady Muramasa
The Angry Cosplayer

@ Final Awe he's so cute, because of your earlier picks of him I was able to figure out that my friend found an Eskimo except hers we think is an American Eskimo. Some one left him at a pool, and didn't come back for a week. But he's with her now and better. Wow, he's gorgeous and very happy. =D

Okay, so right now my anger has dropped from 20, to about 10. I really spazzed on my facebook lol. So I come home to work on my new lighter horns only to realized, my dumbass b/f threw one out......nevermind I was working on it the past week!! And that I had the other horns drawn on the HUGE piece he threw out!!! ARGH!!!!! >=L Getting mad again....So I'm out a piece of styrofoam and that crap isn't cheap! $15 or so for a thin block! *sigh* I'm glad he wasn't home when I found out, but how hard was it TO TEXT ME BEFORE DISCARDING!!! Now I have to dredge through California Traffic and head back to Joann's and hope that they have that same size in.....@#&$#$!!!!!! @#$#!!!!

Oh oh, and he smashed my good horn under heavy book!!! He wants to die I tell ya!!!
Lady Muramasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:02 PM   #1275
Liliana

@Lady Muramasa: woh woh woh.... easy easy... here here... *gives her plate of cookies*mummy's here to listen to your problems! xoxoxo >o< lol jks. xD
Man, that REALLY sucks! ;___; I would have cried if that had happened to me... I hate it when people throw things away without asking first! It's a HUGE pet peeve of mine. One persons junk is anothers prized possession *cough* I pray that everything is all sorted out now...?

@Terra: Hahaha, yes! xD I've always pictured the Onion Knight as a very mature and loyal child though, much like how Ingus was in FF III. ^^

@RedeadDie: Thank you! And high fives for using up old pieces!!! It's amazing how many new cosplays you can quickly come up with what you have kicking around the house, that is not being used. I had made a list a couple months back of ALL my scrap materials and fabric, unused clothing, old bedding, retired cosplays, reusable wigs, etc, and came up with a HUGE possible cosplay list, of OVER 30 CHARACTERS hard to believe huh? It's true though. and funny that most of them are all FF. (and there ya go Terra and Tifaia, you wondered how I manage to pull quick cosplays, that's partly how lol) xD
Good luck with getting in shape for Kuja btw! I think it's great when people do that. ^^ and lol at your little story there! XD

@FinalEvangelion: Oh my goodness! He's grown up so much! and SO CUTE!!! Looking at your icon of him as a puppy, and then this picture..... It is really heart warming. <3 xD Oh, I used craft foam for my spikes on Cecil's armor. However, you are doing his DS version/ 3rd alternative 012 outfit? I think his spikes there's are really twisty... Paper clay would be a better option for that, as craft foam doesn't really twist around.. :O