Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 10-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #1276
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Lil: Got any more cookies hun? -pouts-

@everyone: So fabric shopping was a bust. The fabric I was gonna use for WM was short a yard, and the second bolt they found was flawed with stripes in the weave. And it was sooooo soft and cuddly. -sigh- And I didn't really find anything for Terra, though I did find some bridal satin that was the PERFECT color for Terra's dress.... but with no stretch it probably wouldn't work, and it wouldn't match the sleeves and boots I already have. -cry- Why am I so picky...?

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%
(Have the fabric, patterns and ears.)

Opera Celes: 45%
(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Terra~Esper is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 10-03-2011, 07:43 PM   #1277
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Liliana: *highfives* YES! Re-using old cosplays, materials, and so much more! I made an epic labcoat by doubling up sheets once and even stuffed a tail with stuffing found in some old pillows. Cosplay is expensive, gotta use all we can! Ah, I wish I can find enough materials around to do so many cosplays. (I'm currently out of stuff to sew now and it makes me a sad seamstress.)
Thanks! I need all the luck I get. Working out two hours or more a day, sore but it'll be soooo worth it!

@Terra~Esper: If you're looking for something just right, you're allowed to be as picky as you want! You'll probably find the right material in the one place you least expect. This has happened to me twice with Hobby Lobby. Normally don't buy materials there, but when I checked there I got awesome materials for my last two cosplays I made. I feel I'm going to be as super picky though when I go scouting for materials for Kuja, so we'll be in the same boat too.

One thing I'm looking forward to when I make Kuja's cosplay, is dying the material to be a faded light blue and then to a faded purple at the ends! I love dying fabric! Now, I just have to pull of the same with his hair...SHARPIE DYE EXPERIMENT TIME!
~Louis Despatis: Honor Amongst Thieves~
~Elliot March: Clover/Joker/Heart no Kuni no Alice~
RedeadDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2011, 10:43 PM   #1278
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: Oh man... if I had a nickle for everytime I was that easily distracted... wow I would be rich ha ha. I hope the progress is still good though. In a non Dissidia discussion, I just finished a HUGE embroidery goal I set for myself this month, so hopefully now I can have progress elsewhere.

@ Liliana and Terra~Esper: Okay okay I get it, you want to see the chain saw. Okay so here are some shots of what we put together. And Liliana, I would still love to see your chain saw.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/IMG_1140.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/IMG_1138.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/IMG_1137.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/IMG_1136.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...a/IMG_1135.jpg

@ Terra~Esper: Oh Tess... she is a lovely Terra, she was actually one of the inspirations for me wanting to cosplay Terra. Sorry you didn't have any luck in the fabric department. Shopping for things like that can really be tough, I am picky like that too, but that just means you care about little details.

@ RedeadDie: I have noticed that most of my groups never have the main character (our Zelda group missing Link for example) but we still manage to have a blast.

@ FinalEvangelion: Don't push yourself too hard to finish all of your projects by Sakura con. Those con dates roll up so fast sometimes. Anyway, it would just be nice to see a familiar face. And you can bet we will be there with our FF6 costumes. they need more wearing time. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:33 AM   #1279
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Seifer-sama: That sometimes happened when I use to be part of a cosplay group too. However, I'm kind of more of a solo cosplayer now, due to creative differences. (Some friends wanna cosplay that and the others don't.) So, I sometimes lure a friend to do a cosplay duet with me by making them their cosplay. Of course, I ask if they'd be interested and if they have free time though. My friend who's interested in being Zidane, probably won't be able to debute it the same time as I debute Kuja. I don't want it to interefer with a group she already has planned.
Unread 10-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #1280
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: Holy CRAP! I loooooove that chainsaw!!!! -sigh- I dunno what to do. I want a dark fabric with some stretch that could look like a formal dress.... And something soft and cuddly for WM.

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

(The base dress is mostly put together. Detailing the bodice and patterning the overlay detail.)
Unread 10-04-2011, 11:58 AM   #1281
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Terra~Esper: Hmm, I'll keep an eye out for any fabrics that match what you're describing.
Unread 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #1282
Seifer-sama

@ RedeadDie: I know what you mean. Sometimes it can be tough to go with a group because of conflicting insterests as well as schedules. My group normally consists of two other poeple so long as they both can go and usually since it's me making the costumes, I call the shots and they get to deal with it. :P I have tried to invite others to jump in on whatever game/show we are doing, but for the most part, no one is usually interested.

@ Terra~Esper: Thanks!! We sort of went our own way with the chainsaw, trying to make it look more Steam Punk, but yeah it works. :P As for your fabric, maybe you could use the Cotton Sateen Stretch? There is a little stretch in it, which would help, and plus, if you get the white one, you can just dye it to match your other fabrics.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #1283
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Seifer-sama: Yeah, I recently discovered that if you make the cosplay for them, they're more willing to do it. >:3 Tis my evil plan! BTW, epical chainsaw.
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:22 PM   #1284
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Holy crap thread explosion. >.>

Uploaded another work in progress photo. So many little things to do. *thud*

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3068134/

Need to make the top of the cape (out of interfacing, dah!), paint the straps, completely reconfigure how to make the gold sash thing stay up, cut off the arms, cut off the legs (so it's more of a leotard and less bike-suit), too much left! But I am happy with the clasp system I came up with for my beads. Just where I wanted them and they don't bother me when I sit down. ^^

I'd love to show off the cape but I used a more sheer fabric this time that unless I'm wearing it or holding it up, you can't see the dye work. And I don't have a magical extra hand to hold things soooooooooo another time. lol

So question to all of you people with the Amano-esque costumes and all of the sashes of insanity. Any clues on how the hell I can keep up that gold sash/scarf thing on my leg? My hope is to have it stay as a separate piece for easier storage. Fashion tape didn't work at all. Basically it's a tube of satin sewn together, so it's not just a bulk of fabric fraying all over the place. Any ideas? :/

@Final: Wow. He got really fluffy. XD And when you finish Pen Pen I'll update my Misato costume and we can cause some mayhem! It's on my to-do list for 2012.

@Terra: We're allowed to be picky when it's something we care about. We want the best that we can get (or for what we can afford). So don't settle and don't apologize for it. ^^

@Lady: /comfort So sorry to read that! I would probably spaz out like no tomorrow if that happened to me. Hopefully you can remake them with ease. Sometimes the second or third time around is faster and better then the originals.

@Liliana: ...I've heard of recycling costumes but that wins. lol I keep scraps of fabric for anything and everything. Better to save it and keep the budget down for future work.

@RedeadDie: I wouldn't be surprised if it was back then. I've been going for nearly 10 years now and KH was still in the early cosplay stages...ok now I feel old. rofl Good to have another AA fan on board. XD

@Seifer: The shinies are super distracting. Why must they be? And awesome chainsaw! Thanks for posting photos~

Ok I think I got everyone...lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt

Last edited by tifaia : 10-04-2011 at 05:31 PM.
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #1285
Seifer-sama

@ RedeadDie:Ha ha, well my excuse is one is my brother, the other is my boyfriend, so they REALLY have no choice. And if they complain even a little, they see the rage of an overworked cosplayer! That's very frightening as I am sure you know. :P And thanks for the compliments on the chainsaw. Everyone who saw our skit freaked out when they saw him pull it out. :P

@ Tifaia: Okay so first, awesome progress! That costume is looking wonderful and I just love the beads. And secondly... Does mine count as an Amano-esque costume? I don't know, but I will tell you what I did anyway. I used sewing snaps for my entire wrap setup. I wanted to make sure I could get in an out of the bodice easily and that wasn't going to work with the wraps sewed on. Also to make things easier for myself I sewed the wraps to themselves so that I didn't have to fuss with which one tied on first, then second, etc. I never had any problems with the wraps falling off/unsnapping either, even with the weight of my dagger and me stupidly running into things dressed as Terra. So, long story short, I think dress snaps could work for you too! And third, thanks for the compliments on the chainsaw as well. I was happy to post pictures... I erm, just forgot to earlier. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:08 PM   #1286
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@tifaia: Bah! KH...I feel old now too. *surpresses memories* Anyways, yes! Glad to be here! Also, loving your progress so far! I see that you've been quite busy! I wish I can offer advice, but I'm kind of brain dead after my work-out today. *falls over* Ow...the things I do for Kuja. If I happened to get an idea popped into my head later on, I'll be certain to let you know!

@Seifer-sama: D: That's the opposite with my sisters! They either want me to cosplay something that they like and I have no idea about or they want me to make a cosplay for them that has nothing to do with what I'm working on. (My lil sis demands a Tira from Soul Cal cosplay from me.) Back to on topic! Oh, if it freaked out people, that means it is good!
Unread 10-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #1287
Liliana
Palamecia's Hyper Emperor

@Seifer-sama: Holy chocobos! YOUR CHAIN SAW! Dear me how did you come up with such a beautiful design?! AND PRACTICAL!! Mine looks like a childs toy compared to yours! xD Btw, you'd be really good at steampunk I bet. OwO;

@Terra: ...Yeah, I still got cookies... I was going to eat them all myself though buuut I guess I can share. ;P *gives some to everyone else too* Hope you like chocolate chip. ITSA CLASSIC!~ 8D

@RedeadDie: NIIICE! Talk about epic recycling there! and money saving!

@Tifaia: Two ideas popped into my head. That gold scarf thing on her leg, you could use 'Peel n Stick' (found at Walmart) on your legs... It's a very strong adhesive tape, even though it is meant for fabric use, it works VERY well on skin too. (It hurts a bit to peel it off though, no surprise lol) I used it to keep my cape on my shoulders as Terra. Also, you could use clear elastic bands?? wrap the fabric around your leg, and stick the bands through to hold them in place. I guess you'd need about 6 of them? (Might be uncomfortable though. But it's cosplay, what comfort do we have... lol) XD

OH YEAH!!! Here's a video of the masquerade that my Dissidia group and I entered with, and won the award 'best artisans' in it. I know I promised I'd post it, sorry it took awhile: (hope the link works) https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.ph...pe= 3&theater It's basically just a quick walk on, not so much a skit. THEY MISSED RECORDING THE BEGINING THOUGH!!! Where I walked out on stage to frighten Cosmos and battling the Warrior of Light... Oh well.... And yes, Yuna kicked me in the crotch and Kefka was laughing at me, limping off.... x'D
Liliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2011, 04:32 PM   #1288
RedeadDie
IMMA ZOMBIE

@Liliana: Save the planet, save money on cosplay. XD And omg, that was jaw dropping amazing! You and your group did so well! I was even applauding and I was just watching the video.

On a side note, someone must be watching out for me today. At the gym, I saw the woman working out and she was...omg exact Kuja body type. Seriously, the indent of the upper waist right down to the width of the hips. Even the arms and shoulders were spot on! Anyways, I went up to her and apologized for bothering her and asked her about herself. Apparently, she use to be nearing overweight as a child and just constantly kept up with exercising and got where she is. This gives me a whole lot of faith that I CAN and WILL be able to pull off a decent Kuja one day!

Sorry if that seemed more like a fitness thing.
Unread 10-05-2011, 08:48 PM   #1289
Terra~Esper
Velvet Rose Cosplay

@Seifer: I've finally conned my husband into letting me make a breastplate for his Edgar cosplay!!! So My next question: HOW did you do yours!?!?!?

@Lil: OF COURSE I like chocolate chip! ^.^

@Tifa: I agree with Seifer: I used snaps too. Easy peasy.

@everyone else: Hiiiii~!

Terra v.3 95%
[Ongoing Project]

Maiden Zelda 15%

Unread 10-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #1290
Hee-Hee
+Twinzik+

Liliana: Ya'lls walk-on/skit was so cool!! Thanks for posting the video of it, I really enjoyed watching it!

Next Con: Anime Matsuri!

Simon Petrikov - Adventure Time
Jack Frost - Rise of the Guardians
Sandman - Rise of the Guardians

Crunchyroll Cosplay Ambassador
Check out Crunchyroll HERE

Hee-Hee is offline   Reply With Quote