Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Other Costumes

Unread 11-27-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
LBSlightly

Help with Peter Pan Lost Boy Costume

Hey there, I am new here as I have not posted to these forums before, but I'm not new to cosplay. I am kinda a big fan of Disney's Peter Pan and especially like those Lost Boys in those animal sleepers. The one that I most like is the one in the red fox sleeper which I believe has the name Slightly and right now I currently talking to a friend of mine about making a costume of this who will be able to do the animal sleeper part of it.

However, I have gotten ideas where I would also like to make a zentai from a pattern which would make the Lost Boy himself in a kigurumi or doller style even though it will have the fox sleeper on. And thinking that this would be pretty cute that I would want to do, I went to talk to this friend of mine that was going to make the sleeper part for me about this idea and at first he told me that I would need stretchy material and a fancy sewing machine while sounding like he doesn't have either. Then I was thinking of another way to do that and asked if there is a way that it can be made from a zentai pattern without the stretchy material and fancy sewing machine and have it loose yet snug fitting. The answer that I got then was that you can sew lycra with a normal sewing machine, but everybody says no except in small quantities. And that it would be cheaper, and more effective, for you to get the zentai done by professionals. Should not cost more than a hundred, probably less.

After that response, I have decided to post about this here to see what people here think about this and any other ideas about making the zentai using a pattern for one since this does fall under cosplay. If any of you can help, it would be appreciated, thanks.
LBSlightly is offline   Reply With Quote