Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Hellsing

Unread 12-06-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
iheartexploding

alucards guns

so im making alucards whole costume from scratch,but my guns are coming along nicely...i have only 1 photo but its before i used bondo,i will be taking more as soon as i finish the touches on joshua...jackal is next...i wanted to make this thread to actually help any other cosplayers making guns out...

here is the image i will explain what i have done...

http://iheartexploding.deviantart.co...1WIP-104640993

1st i carved a blank out of foam you can buy from michaels or hobby lobby with a foam cutter...its not perfect but some details can be painted on.
the cutter uses heat.

2nd i coated the whole weapon in foam glue,elmers works just as well.i have also tried paper macheing strips to it after this it results in a rather smooth gun.this time i did not use that method.

the image you see so far isd me trying to glue coat and primer then paint,but as you can see its still too porous,i am in the process of sanding and repainting now i will be updating a photo with instructions,ill do the same with jackal and integras gun.

i made it to the scale i saw in the manga which is a huge gun so its somewhat unrealistic a colt model with an extended barrel i beleive.

i had trouble with this cosplay so far ill be posting how i made the glasses if i ever get that correct as well. if theres another thread for this i apologize ive just been asked a couple tims now how i made what i have so far.

i will update this again in another week or so with a completed joshua.

and BYAAAH!

future cons cosplays this year:
Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
iheartexploding is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-10-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
iheartexploding

so far

the bondo is being a bung hole my husband has yet to show me how its used XD sorry for the delay i have some medical issues to take with i assure you i will update this after i get them fixed

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
Unread 12-13-2008, 07:27 AM   #3
iheartexploding

Update

ok so my husband has yet to help me out on the bondo...sooooo

i have another friend visiting this weekend to show me how to properly apply and sand,so if nothing ill get a pic of unpainted bondo gun and tell you the sand paper i used and what i did if anything special.

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
Unread 12-16-2008, 03:34 AM   #4
KwEeNofKoRn

Just thought Id post my boyfriend's guns. I have somewhat of a tutorial on making them if you or anyone else is interested.

Click
Unread 12-16-2008, 04:12 AM   #5
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

iheartexploding - that looks really neat so far! It'll be interesting to see them both when they're done.

KwEenofKoRn - those are really impressive! Please do post the tutorial if you want to; it would be interesting to see (I'm making guns myself right now, so it would be fun to pick up on tips).

Funny how many Alucard threads have suddenly popped up! Makes me a happy happy Hellsing fan.

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2009, 02:11 AM   #6
iheartexploding

Ok bondo is on joshua is almost finished,and i may end up selling the cosplay XD

im a rabid crossplayer but with all the face shading in the world he is way too manly for me to accomplish and that makes me sad but i really cant make myself ugly,old,or manly enough to do him justice.

these were my make up test XD http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...13f5da2953.jpg

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/i...f3a96f3c1b.jpg

i will have photos of the bondo'ed sanded gun soon.

anyway as for what i did since i had to screw with this myself,i left my faled pain job on because its pourous surface.

i then mixed up bondo in small batches at a time[golf ball sized]

and used plastic painters spatulas to spread it on until it gave somewhat of a smooth appearance.

i used fine grain sand paper to make it all even i have primered the surface with light grey primer but nothing else so far[2 coats]

and yes im a huge integra fan and really wanted to be alucard so i can have integra since im in love with her XD but looks like i might be stuck being someone lame like enrico maxwell or a female instead[nOOOOOooooooooOOOOoo]

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
Unread 01-07-2009, 02:27 AM   #7
iheartexploding

Also I am sleep deprived thank you for the input and info

and yes sexy integra person those are awesome to use for refrence thank you very much

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin

Last edited by iheartexploding : 01-07-2009 at 02:27 AM. Reason: typos
Unread 01-07-2009, 05:47 AM   #8
CezzaXV
OOOH! SHOCK TREATMENT!

Wow KwEeNofKoRn, those guns are amazing!!

I cant comment on Heart's guns, the college is filtering DA
Unread 01-16-2009, 02:11 PM   #9
AbsolutelyCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuldig_ View Post
KwEenofKoRn - those are really impressive! Please do post the tutorial if you want to; it would be interesting to see (I'm making guns myself right now, so it would be fun to pick up on tips).
I've also started the process to make the guns and any tips from a tutorial would be most helpful.
AbsolutelyCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #10
iheartexploding

HOLY HJFJTFKHJGFDTKGFY! im still having health issues,but i didnt forget this post.

ok so i have no flippin picsyet because i had to focus on the costume.[and i wont go into the health issues but let me put it this way i found out theres alot wrong with my spine and im able get to work on this again because i now have medication.WOOHOO]

1.) the first thing i did was go to michaels and buy a big block of foam and a 20$ foam cutter[most arts and craft stores should have them.]

i carved the most basic design i could out of one solid piece and glued on a few of the details that mattered[the site and other parts that stick up.] i made the mistake of thinking painting multiple coats over foam would work so do not do that XD unless you are dipping it into a latex based paint for several coats then youre good.

2.) once its all evened up coat it in bondo! yeo go to the autoparts store and buy bondo and several grades of sand paper.i applied 2 coats of bondo using rubber gloves and a bondo spatula thing for the more smooth parts.now the thing isnt going to be perfectly smooth but it will be better than it would have been with foam alone.[you may even want to use nail files on smaller areas.

anyway get used to sitting outside or in the garage sandpaper happy until its smooth enough that you think it will look good in pics

3.) PRIMER! i used 3 coats of primer i also bought from the autoparts store[the clerk reccomended it to go over bondo.]i did not skimp 3 full coverage coats of primer.let it dry make sure it doesnt need 1 more coat due to uneveness or anything.

4.)PAINT! i used about 4 coats of chrome colored paint for joshua basicly a whole small can.this part was easy.i used acrylic paint for other colors and details[jackals black was all several coats of acrylic paint.]

5.) the writing if you arent the best artist do it in pencil very lightly first then trace over it with a sharpie[pretty simple to make it look simillar to joshua] let that dry really good add any other details you may want.[for jackal use a white charcoal pencil lightly and then use white acrylic paint and carefully go over it letting it dry.]

6.)LOTS OF CLEAR COAT.i wanted mine shiny so i did 4 full coats of clear coat on both guns.

i am soooo sorry that i didnt get to update until this week guys i hope you can forgive my lame spine XD

i will try to get the pics after work this week ok

i shall get pictures once i get everything straightened out.

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #11
Tarlonis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwEeNofKoRn View Post
Just thought Id post my boyfriend's guns. I have somewhat of a tutorial on making them if you or anyone else is interested.

Click

Any chance of getting that tutorial on the Guns ?

Thankies!

Tarl
Tarlonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
iheartexploding

Question

ok so from this image alone youll note how the trigger are is still all rough...i cut the hell out of my fingers trying to sand it and gave up[i would advise paper mache or something in the small areas...]

other then that its finished its not perfect because i used bondo over foam and ive never done that before,the color of the gun is actually chrome but cameras have a hard time picking that up its my phones camera and its lame lol

base is foam,coating is bondo+lots of sanding

3 coats of auto body primer,2 coats or 1 small can of chrome paint,acrylic for details and triple thick acrylic clear coat in 2 to 3 coats.

i am trying paper mache over foam for the jackal to see what turns out better

but dear god if you try this put something else over the smaller areas mt hands feel like hamburger and im stuck with a really jagged trigger and handle,and i barely got anything sanded off that area as you can see]

the steps are listed above and ill be doing the same with jackal when i make it the other way[im hoping it turns out better this was my husbands suggestion for materials]
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...rax/joshua.jpg

i plan to pose in pics to where the trigger is covered

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
Unread 04-01-2009, 05:27 AM   #13
Schuldig_
Optical illusion

Can't you roll some sandpaper up and use that to sand the trigger? It won't give you a chance to put any strength behind it, but it might help a bit, at least.
Otherwise it looks good - perhaps a bit oversized. Alucard is a lot bigger than most humans, so perhaps scaling the gun would have been a good idea. Well done!

"Don't engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man." (Crawford, courtesy of Aoe, in this case)
Schuldig_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #14
iheartexploding

i actually went by this image the gun is massive compared to his hand

http://homepage.uvt.nl/~s463888/alucard_gun.jpg

so compared to that image mines not so far off

and too update everyone else here is jackal,same exact steps except no bondy a foam frame and paper mache over it,then acrylic paint and lots of clear coat

here is the image

http://fc25.deviantart.com/fs44/f/20...texploding.jpg

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin
Unread 04-04-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
iheartexploding

this image gives a better idea of joshuas size to my hand,jackal is slightly longer but similliar

again its chrome and metallic but this cell phone is craptastic with pics,i didnt bother rotating it since you already know what it looks like...and the barrel doesnt taper i just didnt realize i was holding it at a slight angle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jhgjgu.jpg (89.6 KB, 0 views)

and BYAAAH!

Ezio
Sam winchester
Pris
Belle
Lulu
Rumpelstiltskin