Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games

Unread 09-25-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
MrWonderfulToji
Gettin the grill ignited

Phantasy Star respect! and parappa

Hi, this is one of my first posts (as you can probably tell)
anyways, I just wanted some advise and help. At katsukon, im going to cosplay Rune Walsh (from PSIV, my favorite rpg of all time ^_^) and PJ Berri from parappa the rappa, but theres a bit of a problem. I dont really know how to sew or anything like that, i figured now that its halloween and all I could probably find some decent stuff, but anyway, does anyone know any places that sell good costume stuff? and any advice is totally appreciated!
MrWonderfulToji
MrWonderfulToji is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-25-2002, 05:03 PM   #2
Celine
Remember me?

*shock*

*dies*

R-Rune???? NO WAY.

...ehe, what con are you aiming for?? Katsucon, you say... any chance you'd be also wearing it later, like at Otakon? I am dying for the excuse to make PS4 costumes. It's my favorite game, too! There was a Rika at Otakon this year and I MISSED HER!!! Argh!

Rune's outfit isn't so tough, I think... you'll probably be able to find a blue wig pretty easily. And he wears plain green pants and his tunic just needs some bias tape on the collar and the little star design... you could probably cut it out of some shiny fabric and iron it on to be simple. Finding black gloves probably isn't hard. There have been a few threads in the costume help section about making boot covers if you don't have high enough boots. I'd make the cape in two pieces- plain cape and then attach ...uhhh... the shoulder part (what do you call it?) over top. Actually, that's not such a tough costume. ^^
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2002, 06:03 PM   #3
MrWonderfulToji
Gettin the grill ignited

hehehe another PSIV fan... excellent!
Yea, if I make this costume, I'll definately wear it to both Otakon and Katsukon. Otakon was actually the first kon i ever went to, and I had such a blast cosplaying. It was so much fun, so i decided to actually put some effort forth this time
and rune is my favorite character, like ever. So i figured "YES!" so now, hopefully my inarticulate self can muster this costume together! Provided i get a little help every now and again, I'd say a complete cosplay n00b could make this.. riiiiiight?
sean
Unread 09-25-2002, 06:38 PM   #4
Celine
Remember me?

Well, if you are going to make the costume, finding patterns wouldn't be very hard... then again, it depends on how perfect you want it to be. But I'd wager that you could make something identifiable relatively easy. ^_^

Yeah, so at some point this year, I am going to make PS4 costumes happen for me & Michi. Somehow. I'm sad because of all the armor involved, but I will figure it out. I dunno if she'd be going to Katsu or Otakon... but I plan to attend both, at this point. I need to do more PS cosplay- I've made costumes from PS1 and 2... but 4 is my fave, with all my fave characters. Whee.
Unread 09-27-2002, 02:28 AM   #5
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Rune!! I love Rune! RUNERUNERUNERUNE! *plays Thray* Yay please go to Otakon! *jumps up and down*

...Okay I'm done. I really wanna go to Katsu and Otakon, Otakon is the only one that sounds a lot more sure... so so so.. EEE Phantasy Star!

Yeah, NOW I'm done. (I is hyper and procrastinating from packing..)

*skitters away*

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2002, 02:11 PM   #6
Celine
Remember me?

Michi! COME TO OTAKON!!! ^_^ I will bribe you with a costume. But didn't you start on part of it already? ^^
Unread 09-27-2002, 09:49 PM   #7
MrWonderfulToji
Gettin the grill ignited

Otakon will be great fun!
I'm going to start working on my costume this weekend i think, after my sat morning class,
if i have any problems (and im sure i will) ill post them here!
otherwise seeyou at katsukon and otakon!
Look for the Rune Walsh going nuts on the ddr machine!!
sean
Unread 10-08-2002, 10:41 PM   #8
Phavorianne
mutant Favonius

waaaaaah dude! You should wear your PS costumes to AX, too! Kiyoshi has been planning a Rolf costume, and he doesn't really want to wear it by himself. And I know how much you girls love Phantasy Star! ^__^ Kie wants to do a Rika, too.... that probably conflicts with what you girls are planning tho ^^;;;;;
Unread 10-09-2002, 01:28 PM   #9
Maryssa
Dragon Queen
STAFF OF d00m

do you know why I stopped the car?

oh god memories of frat guys chanting that all night...
Maryssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2002, 01:42 PM   #10
MrWonderfulToji
Gettin the grill ignited

for me, it always "Put the cake in the over for a while."
or of course, imagine 25 18 yearolds screaming the lyrics to the first song "KICK PUNCH ITS ALL IN THE MIND!" hehe parappa is classic,
And what is AX? is that anime expo? cause I don't believe I can go to that, living on the east coast and all, its hard enough getting to otakon and katsukon *grumble grumble*
thanks! bye!
sean
Unread 10-09-2002, 07:33 PM   #11
Celine
Remember me?

Quote:
Originally posted by Phavorianne
You should wear your PS costumes to AX, too! Kiyoshi has been planning a Rolf costume, and he doesn't really want to wear it by himself.
Well, I don't know how early I'd be able to get them done, really. Honestly, last year I was totally overwhelmed with costumes, and I doubt that this year will be much better, so I'm trying to space them out. Eeeee, I'd love to see his Rolf! I kept trying to ask friends to do Rolf when I was Nei, but they just wouldn't do it. Mweh!

>And what is AX? is that anime expo?

Yep, the big happy con out west!!! ^_^
Unread 10-10-2002, 01:28 AM   #12
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I told Kiyoshi I'd be Amy or something when he does Rolf. ^^; Of course, there's always the Neifirst idea I've been playing around with in my head.

I'm trying to plan for Otakon, yesh yesh~ ^-^ All I had done of Rika was.. fabric for the cape that I used on Mai instead.. and the ears that need to be remade because they were done so long ago. x.X;

Unread 10-12-2002, 10:08 PM   #13
Phavorianne
mutant Favonius

You mean Amy as in the healer, right? ^_^; darn name switching! Ooo that would be so cute! I should cosplay Anna then =3 Hehe, the Neifirst idea is so cute! How creative! And I didn't even realize until you mentioned cosplaying her that her character design is more complicated than just Nei in blue. ^o^!!
Unread 10-13-2002, 12:52 AM   #14
Celine
Remember me?

^^ Amy/Anna... why do they do that to us?

Michi, you mean this Amy? Not Anna? Neifirst would be cool too, but even better if you had a Nei to go with it. Then you could kill her!! mwahahaha!!!!
Unread 10-18-2002, 06:56 AM   #15
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

I'm realizing how very little PS2 I've even played... >_> I'll have to boot up my emulator when I put down FF8. *sideglance*

Amy the healer, yesyes! I saw a really cute artwork of her that I wanna base the costume on..

http://www.phantasy-star.net/art/segaart/GameBook2.jpg

It's so cute. I just dunno when I'd do it. ^_^; Soooo many ideas.

Wheeee Phantasy Star. ^_____^

A Nei to go with it? ..Like you? XD