Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Blizzard

Unread 07-20-2003, 08:17 PM   #1
kazamaCEO
I'm blind, not deaf!

Ear prosthetics? O_o

I'm planning on making a Warcraft 3 elf costume; if anyone has seen the night elves, you'll know that their ears are LONG (Blizzard LOVES to accentuate such things... -.-), much longer than the usual elven ears. Could someone please recommend to me how to make and attach these? I was thinking about using some kind of thin latex but I have no idea how I could attach them. >_<

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg earsreference.jpg (38.7 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by kazamaCEO : 07-20-2003 at 08:32 PM.
kazamaCEO is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-20-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
evilchii
amirite?

http://www.animalx.com/citadel/faerieparts.htm

they sell elfquest ears which i think look pretty acurate and they can be attached with some good old fashioned spirit gum.

good luck ^_^
evilchii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2003, 09:09 PM   #3
Gren
Gender Bender

If you want them even longer, Buy prosthetic ears that cover the -whole- ear (Not just tips!) and use a lightweight substance like Model Magic (Made by Crayola. Can be found in most craft stores) to sculpt on extensions. I heard of a gal who used this to extend some Deedlit ears.
Unread 07-20-2003, 10:45 PM   #4
coeli
Doraemononoke Hime

One note about spirit gum, from personal experience. Make sure to clean the skin oils off well. Do not use moisturizing soap (which is what a lot of hotels supply). You may want to use astringent/toner.

A couple of years ago, my husband cosplayed as Zelgadis (3 hour makeup job!!!) We had, of course, practised all the application at home. (So you know how it will look, how long it will take, how much of a pain it will be to get off, and whether you have nasty reactions to any of the makeup.) At home, it worked well.

At the con, however, his ears were falling off within a 1/2 hour. In fact, all of his latex was peeling up. We couldn't understand why... until somebody asked about the soap. Ivory at home, some moisturizing stuff at the hotel. There's a bar of Ivory in the makeup kit now...

--Coeli

*Website coming soon!*
coeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 10:51 AM   #5
Hikaruchan
Have camera, will travel

Yes, when I do Zelgadis I bring some Dial soap and a washcloth from home (don't want to destroy hotel's nice white towels with blue makeup). Since I have somewhat oily skin, I have never had to worry about spirit gum remover to get ears, etc off - they just peel off. Ears usually stay on pretty good, though.
Hikaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2003, 09:27 PM   #6
kazamaCEO
I'm blind, not deaf!

Awesome, thank you guys very much for the link and advice! I'll be sure to post up pictures if this happens, lol.
kazamaCEO is offline   Reply With Quote