Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Street Fighter

Unread 07-20-2003, 09:50 PM   #1
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Shadaloo Assassin Gear (Street Fighter Alpha 3)

Okay whee. For later this year, I'm going to be cosplaying one of the Shadaloo girls... Like Cammy, but not her. ^_^; (Trying to keep it secret because it's a surprise for a friend!)

The costumes are fairly simple, but those big red thingies on their arms are making me go @___@;;

I attached a picture. Any ideas? Some sort of padding stuff I guess... unless I wanted to make them more solid x.x
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cammy222.jpg (41.5 KB, 24 views)

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2003, 12:34 AM   #2
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about. (Which of the 12 girls you're going to cosplay, however, I do not know...)

You could try sewing them out of vinyl, but that wouldn't give them the solid look that's represented in the pictures.

Maybe try making them as if they were costume armor, and fit the pieces together?
Anime Expo 2010: Kamui Tokinomiya (Arcana Heart), Juri Han (Super Street Fighter IV)
Iori E is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 12:36 AM   #3
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Do you think they're more like hard armor or more like... football player padding? o.o

Earliest I'll be doing this is Ani-Magic... Dunno if I can get it done that soon with my other ideas, though.

Unread 07-21-2003, 12:50 AM   #4
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

Probably in-between, in terms of texture and hardness. If that made any sense... :/

Seriously, though... are the 12 Shadaloo girls even official? Yes, you do see most of them in SFA3, but the picture in which all 12 are drawn and given names... I've only seen that picture on cammyfan.com. For all we know, some Japanese fanart site (or Stefan himself) could've drawn it and made up the names.
Anime Expo 2010: Kamui Tokinomiya (Arcana Heart), Juri Han (Super Street Fighter IV)
Unread 07-21-2003, 05:32 AM   #5
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Using what?

I've no idea. I'm not much of a Capcom/Street Fighter fan to know. ^_^; But the one I'm doing is official.

Unread 07-21-2003, 04:25 PM   #6
artemis316
Paladin-In-Training

There are only 3 official Shadaloo girls that Capcom confirmed...Cammy, Juli/Juri and Juni. Any others you saw in SFA 3 (when the characters start doing their stances before fighting) are actually Juli and Juni clones.

W/ the hand thingies for the girls, it's kinda like basic football paddings since it's made to look like wristguards (but big ones). Maybe try to find some wristguards that look similar to Cammy's (maybe try a martial arts supply store) and paint them red...if you can't, you can make them, but I wouldn't know what material to use for them. ^^;;;
artemis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 04:29 PM   #7
carly579
Voice of Kiriko Misaki^^

Yeah I'd check out martial arts supply stores, but it's kinda expensive for sparing gear unless it's used, you can also get it in red easily. What I would do is go and get some of that 1.5 inch thick foam for like cusions. Then cut it into the correct shapes, then make a thin vinyl cover in the same shapes and slide the foam in. Does that make sense?
carly579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 07:22 PM   #8
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.cammyfan.com/Cammy-info/s...ammyclones.gif

According to Stefan, M. Bison kidnapped these girls from countries all around the world, and then manipulated their genes (just like Cammy).

I see people on message boards talking about this as if it was officially from Capcom. I'm more skeptical, though...
Unread 07-21-2003, 07:23 PM   #9
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

carly ~ What you said makes sense, but I don't know if I can work with vinyl.. ^^; I think I might wait til I can get some help with this. o.o I'm not in a rush. :x

Iori E ~ Yeah, I've seen that... Heh I dunno about that Latin one having a feather in her hair.. o_O And also, why would Juli be from Germany? Isn't she T.Hawk's "Julia"?

Last edited by Michi : 07-21-2003 at 07:25 PM.
Unread 07-21-2003, 07:30 PM   #10
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Michi
Iori E ~ Yeah, I've seen that... Heh I dunno about that Latin one having a feather in her hair.. o_O And also, why would Juli be from Germany? Isn't she T.Hawk's "Julia"?
Someone wrote an explanation for that. Apparently, T. Hawk was supposed to have some relationship with Noembelu (who's Native American, but whose name comes from Latin... anyway...), but I guess Capcom got lazy and replaced her with Juli. And so, "Julia" got the small storyline bit with T. Hawk...
Unread 07-21-2003, 07:39 PM   #11
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

O_o; That's a bit.. much, isn't it? ^_^;

Unread 07-21-2003, 08:18 PM   #12
Iori E
Baka baka BAKA!!!

A bit much? o_o Why do you say that?

Anyway, it's quite possible that Juli didn't come from Germany. It's just where the name originated from. That goes for all of the 12 "Dolls." I mean, Santum looks African to me, but it says she's from Vietnam...?
Unread 07-21-2003, 08:34 PM   #13
artemis316
Paladin-In-Training

Personally, if it isn't annouced by Capcom, I would consider them false...or in Star Wars terms, they're apart of an extended universe that doesn't exist in the real time line...so whatever.

...but, then again, w/ all the frickin' storylines that has the Street Fighter characters going all over the place (The anime movie, Alpha anime, SFII V TV series, the live action SF movie w/ Jean-Claude Van Damme, the american SF cartoon that was on USA Network), it's hard to say which one is the REAL time line...kinda reminds me of Tenchi Muyo...X___X *faints*
artemis316 is offline   Reply With Quote