Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 28 votes, 4.82 average.
Unread 03-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #2191
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Pretty sure I'm getting a "no" here, but I figured it couldn't hurt lol

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3361754/

Obviously this is not a finished cosplay, nor do I have boobs, but still. I tried to go for a more "feminine" pose, but I'm still a little new to this.

I blocked my face with the phone because I didn't wear any makeup, and it was like 1am....lol
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #2192
FloweringAngel

Guess I'll throw this out there...not in cosplay or anything, just normal, everyday me! ^_^

http://s1284.beta.photobucket.com/user/Byakuran10051/media/me1_zps67a2780c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/Byakuran10051/media/me1_zps67a2780c.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0&_suid=13635087 8855009577958855981465

I'm pretty skinny and probably curvy enough, but I don't really know much about facial structure and all that. :/ What do you guys think?
FloweringAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #2193
Ilafatyu
That guy

Jason: Looks pretty good so far. When you have your boobs (if you decide to), it will look more feminine not only with the shadowing, but also the garment will give your cosplay the 'I'm a girl I don't want my boobs flopping in the wind' piece of fabric that it needs.

Angel: If I can't tell from this photo whether you're crossing to male or female, does that count?

facebook // dA
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Utatane Piko - default (Vocaloid) - 90%
Connie (Shingeki no Kyojin) - 0%
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 53%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 09:54 PM   #2194
FloweringAngel

Haha, I guess so! >o< I'm male, but wasn't crossing or anything there...that's normal me. Just wasn't sure if I had the face for maybe deciding to try doing so in the future.
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #2195
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloweringAngel View Post
Haha, I guess so! >o< I'm male, but wasn't crossing or anything there...that's normal me. Just wasn't sure if I had the face for maybe deciding to try doing so in the future.
I seriously thought you were a female trying to pass off as a guy, and was thinking you did fine at that. Take that as you will. >.>

Cosplay 1: Sailor Venus (Commissioner failed to make 4 month deadline)
Update: August 10th.... still nothing.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.
Larcenciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #2196
FloweringAngel

Lol, I guess that's a pass...not sure how I feel about passing by that much though. >w<
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:40 AM   #2197
Ilafatyu
That guy

It's the face-only thing, you know? I could go over the exact things that make a person's face look masculine or feminine, but that's probably not necessary. Most facets of femininity and masculinity come from things like hand/foot size, proportions, stance, timbre, the way they walk or pick things up or wave hello... Things that aren't in that picture.

facebook // dA

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 53%
Unread 03-18-2013, 12:52 AM   #2198
FloweringAngel

Good things to keep in mind, thanks! ^_^
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:01 AM   #2199
JasonTerror
Now known as Sailor Jeimi

Ilafatyu, Yes I do plan on it ^_^ I know that will help a lot. It also helps that my adams apple is like....Rediculously hidden..No idea why, but every since I was in like middle school, it's never been noticable..It's one of those things that if I were to have shaved in my "scene kid" stage, I wouldda looked like a flat chested girl..lol Also, I probably shouldn't take a pic at 1am..It doesn't help the passing when I'm only slightly awake..lol

But thank you. I'm glad I can at least start to pass for now lol

Oh also, while the topic of getting fake boobs is being thrown around, what's a good place to get some? My buddy went to thebreastformstore.com and I was wondering if anyone knew how good their stuff is?
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Sakuracon 2014:
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Normal Ver.)
-Marluxia (Kingdom Hearts Chain Of Memories)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
JasonTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 04:44 AM   #2200
Chryso

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3362520/

How did we go?
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #2201
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

I actually picked up two sets of silicone breasts at Walmart by the bras. Well, enhancers. They work really well for me. Check it out:

http://i.imgur.com/2SVQjxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/znTRhNB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zg2ctAb.jpg

Smaller:
http://i.imgur.com/iDuF0Wi.jpg

Best thing? They sit well on the chest, and when feeling them, they feel pretty real to me. Another good thing is, since I have two sets, I can go small cup, or double for a bigger cup. Only bad thing is, DOUBLING them up, eh, SLIGHT movement, but not much that it's a problem. They are cold putting on for the very very small second, and lastly, if it matters to you, they have no nipples. They were like.... I forget, maybe 10-15 dollars each pair. I got those, doubled with a genie bra that was nearby, and I think it works well.

*Noticing in the second picture, I should have adjusted the top enhancer a bit more upwards. Oh well. x:*

Edit: Found them on Walmart's website:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lingerie-S...-Pads/17167858

These.

Reality: Recycled or no cosplay at all. Got to love commissioning! Thanks everyone!! Serious thanks to Dulcinea, who actually made the deadline for the accessories far in advance and of outstanding quality. Sucks they won't be used.

Last edited by Larcenciel : 03-18-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:38 PM   #2202
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Ok so I'm doing my first cross play. I'm naturally a girl and I'm crossplaying a guy. Akihiko from persona 3. I'm on my phone so I can't upload pics from my phone to coscom... I hope that my fb will alliw you to look at my pics. I think I changed it but I can't do it on my phone if I need to. You can either check out my coscom profil or facebook for regular girl pics. Feedback or advice wanted! Thanks!

facebook.com/kandikasumi

I think you have to be logged in. I tried to check on my phone but it won't let me go to the full site on my phone...
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #2203
Kawaii Pocky
I a shower, not a grower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcenciel View Post
I actually picked up two sets of silicone breasts at Walmart by the bras. Well, enhancers. They work really well for me. Check it out:

http://i.imgur.com/2SVQjxg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/znTRhNB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zg2ctAb.jpg

Smaller:
http://i.imgur.com/iDuF0Wi.jpg

Best thing? They sit well on the chest, and when feeling them, they feel pretty real to me. Another good thing is, since I have two sets, I can go small cup, or double for a bigger cup. Only bad thing is, DOUBLING them up, eh, SLIGHT movement, but not much that it's a problem. They are cold putting on for the very very small second, and lastly, if it matters to you, they have no nipples. They were like.... I forget, maybe 10-15 dollars each pair. I got those, doubled with a genie bra that was nearby, and I think it works well.

*Noticing in the second picture, I should have adjusted the top enhancer a bit more upwards. Oh well. x:*

Edit: Found them on Walmart's website:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Lingerie-S...-Pads/17167858

These.
You look very cute! I think you yourself look convincing but the silicone cups look odd to me in the close up but far away they look ok. I also think you should try going up a band or two in your bra size. The number is your band size and the letter is obviously the cup size. From the size you had a slight roll which I'm not saying to be mean but is usually caused from too tight of a band. Im not sure what bra size you wear but I think it should help. Also for the silicone cups I think you should play around w positioning and such to make them look the most realistic. Like I mentioned the close up they looked off, but far away they looked fine. Hope I helped! I'd also suggest maybe a push up bra or water bra.
Planned Cosplays 2013:
C.C. - Code Geass (100%)
Akihiko Sanada - Persona 3 (100%)
Lolita - (100%)
Yukiko Alt Color - Persona 3/Persona 4 Arena (planned)
Catherine - Catherine (planned)
Sebastian - Black Butler (planned)
Shiro Lolita - (planned)
Kawaii Pocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #2204
Larcenciel
Seeking Misuzu Kamio.

Oh, like I tell everyone, there is a big difference between mean and constructive criticism, which what you are doing is easily the latter. To be honest, bra things tend to be the one thing I never thought of looking into.

Anywho, the bra I am using is a Genie Bra size L.... which on the box, says:

Bust Size: 39-41.5
Shirt Size: 12-14
Bra/Cup Size: 32G, 34DD, 34DDD, 34G, 36C, 36D, 36DD, 38A, 38B, 38C, 40A.

Thanks for the input. Unless I get actual measurement, which isn't really something I would totally be comfortable doing, I don't think I can accurately do this, haha. This bra DOES range quite a bit though.

Oh, and thanks, haha. I don't believe I am at all convincing yet, but that's why I am constantly trying. >.> TBH, I posted in this thread forgetting it was a "do I pass" thread, and was simply doing it to show what I have. I appreciate the comments and help, really.

Unread 03-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #2205
Ilafatyu
That guy

I don't know if it's just me, but maybe if they were, I donno, closer together? Maybe try that out, L'arc, because everything else looks fantastic. You do an awesome job with makeup, my friend.

facebook // dA

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Sheik (OoT/SSBB) - 53%