Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 160 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 09-19-2009, 04:48 AM   #616
Emoninja2092
MtF Crossplayer

Huh? Wait; I didnt mean it that way I guess I didnt explain properly. the losing confidence thing was meant as a joke >_> I like that kind of humor especially in anime. I am taking in objectively. Anyway; I was worried about that being taken the wrong way so I am just gunna edit it out to make sure no one else reads it and thinks the same thing >_> Sorry for the misunderstanding I don't get out much.

The first picture can pass for a male just fine; with a more masculine hair style. Luckily there are plenty of males in anime that have small bone structure so you have plenty of choices. I don't think you can do anyone who ooks like they be strong; even Sasuke is to manly...even as much of a girly boy that he is(well shippuden sasuke; pre-shippuuden sasuke would be fine)

I think my next crossplay will have to be something that has longer hair on the side; (the wig is short before the ears and long after.) And I am fairly certain that having some of my cheeks covered would help alot because my head...is ginormous....Like seriously; when i was 12 my head was bigger than my step dad >_> my brother who is taller than me....I cant wear his hats....they are sizes to small. And hiding some of that under a wig seems like a good idea? Can't hurt at least!
Emoninja2092 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 09-19-2009, 06:20 AM   #617
Arthuria
Sword of Promised Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoninja2092 View Post
Huh? Wait; I didnt mean it that way I guess I didnt explain properly. the losing confidence thing was meant as a joke >_> I like that kind of humor especially in anime. I am taking in objectively. Anyway; I was worried about that being taken the wrong way so I am just gunna edit it out to make sure no one else reads it and thinks the same thing >_> Sorry for the misunderstanding I don't get out much.

The first picture can pass for a male just fine; with a more masculine hair style. Luckily there are plenty of males in anime that have small bone structure so you have plenty of choices. I don't think you can do anyone who ooks like they be strong; even Sasuke is to manly...even as much of a girly boy that he is(well shippuden sasuke; pre-shippuuden sasuke would be fine)

I think my next crossplay will have to be something that has longer hair on the side; (the wig is short before the ears and long after.) And I am fairly certain that having some of my cheeks covered would help alot because my head...is ginormous....Like seriously; when i was 12 my head was bigger than my step dad >_> my brother who is taller than me....I cant wear his hats....they are sizes to small. And hiding some of that under a wig seems like a good idea? Can't hurt at least!
Thank you so much. Yeah, right now I think I can only pass doing Ciel Phantomhive at the moment lol. That was my real hair btw. The bangs are sucky but thankfully, they're growing out nicely.

And oh, the losing confidence part was cool, I just explained because I was just worried about giving a negative remark. But I did that just to truly help you improve.

And yes, I agree with bangs thing. They can totally change your look!
Arthuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 06:47 AM   #618
Emoninja2092
MtF Crossplayer

You could really do Agito/Akito from Air Gear!

heres a video(I dont know what the audio is so forgive me if its something horrible. I am muted because its early morning and people are sleeping) Just in case you arent familiar with the character, it is a boy; who has 2 personalities; Agito wears the eye patch over the right eye while Akito wears it over the left. Agito is very violent while Akito is gentle and more feminine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fpKe2tNqo

Biggest issue would be the eyes >_> dunno how much they cost though you could probably get away with just yellow contacts instead of custom shark eye contacts

Last edited by Emoninja2092 : 09-19-2009 at 06:50 AM.
Unread 09-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #619
Arthuria
Sword of Promised Victory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emoninja2092 View Post
You could really do Agito/Akito from Air Gear!

heres a video(I dont know what the audio is so forgive me if its something horrible. I am muted because its early morning and people are sleeping) Just in case you arent familiar with the character, it is a boy; who has 2 personalities; Agito wears the eye patch over the right eye while Akito wears it over the left. Agito is very violent while Akito is gentle and more feminine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8fpKe2tNqo

Biggest issue would be the eyes >_> dunno how much they cost though you could probably get away with just yellow contacts instead of custom shark eye contacts
Oh wow thank you so much for the suggestion! I'll look it up! And I remember my sister saying she wants to cosplay Akito, so maybe we can go as the twins. :3
Arthuria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 10:55 PM   #620
Emoninja2092
MtF Crossplayer

Thats a great idea ^_^ if you google it you can find pictures where people did that. Its pretty cute.
Unread 09-21-2009, 09:19 AM   #621
Chili

Do I pass? >:3
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WAHAHA.jpg (197.4 KB, 0 views)
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #622
Emoninja2092
MtF Crossplayer

Should be to hard for you. (You're a girl right?) You're pretty androgynous so you can go for either gender pretty easily
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #623
KittenToofs
Taste the rainbow.

I'm probably the worlds worst crossplayer ever. Haha.
One.
Two.

I will take Watermelon, actually.
Unread 09-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #624
Goblin-Town

No binding used.. >_>
But ignore the ponytails, yeah? xD

Front & Side.

Last edited by Goblin-Town : 09-22-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Unread 09-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #625
Goblin-Town

Blasted double post. D|

Last edited by Goblin-Town : 09-22-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Unread 09-21-2009, 09:23 PM   #626
distantarray

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._5461117_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._5770469_n.jpg

I have no idea cause I think I looked kinda scary when my friends put make up on me, but then they went more for funny than serious I think. I ended up looking like a cheap hooker lol
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
distantarray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #627
Kelley
Devil of Details

@KittenToofs - Well, what have you done so far ?

It's always really hard to judge someone's "ability to pass" from just head-shots since they show so little.

But, from your face, you look obviously female to me. Your lips are very red and bright and your eyebrows are very thin. It doesn't look like you've used any makeup to contour your face, but I could be wrong.

@distantarray - uh... which one is you and what sex are you naturally and what are you trying to pass for ? Before and after pictures ?
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2009, 09:20 AM   #628
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLadyC View Post

@distantarray - uh... which one is you and what sex are you naturally and what are you trying to pass for ? Before and after pictures ?
The Asian one :P

right on first pic, left on second pic, and left on my avatar.
I'm a guy. well I guess that answers my question -_-;
It is strange to think, I haven't seen you since a month. I have seen the new moon, but not you. I have seen sunsets and sunrises, but nothing of your beautiful face. The pieces of my broken heart are so small that they could be passed through the eye of a needle. I miss you like the sun misses the flower; like the sun misses the flower in the depths of winter. Instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world your absence has banished me to.
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:08 AM   #629
KittenToofs
Taste the rainbow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurLadyC View Post
@KittenToofs - Well, what have you done so far ?

It's always really hard to judge someone's "ability to pass" from just head-shots since they show so little.

But, from your face, you look obviously female to me. Your lips are very red and bright and your eyebrows are very thin. It doesn't look like you've used any makeup to contour your face, but I could be wrong.
This is with no makeup or anything. lol. I need some help with makeup. Whenever I try to do crossplay makeup, It never turns out right. I'm open to any makeup help! T-T

I will take Watermelon, actually.
Unread 09-22-2009, 08:26 PM   #630
distantarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goblin-Town View Post
Think I can pass..? o:

Front
Side
pictures aren't very good and pretty dark, but I think you could pass for either sex, depending on how you dress make up etc.