Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > J-Rock/J-Pop

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 07-21-2003, 01:21 PM   #1
petitemusu
"kocchi. u~n. kocchi..."

Hello!Project Costumes ^_^

Just thought I would start a thread for this since Morning Musume/H!P is getting so popular My group has done 6 costumes and are working on 2 more before the end of the year. So thoughts, comments, suggestions, helpful hints? Or just chatter

So many new places to visit!
**Ichinichi Girls **Risque Cutie **ING JPop Troupe **
petitemusu is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-21-2003, 02:40 PM   #2
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Ooo, awesome ^^ I definetly have to get the juice going on my MM/H!P costumes. I'm hoping to do these videos, and probably as Mari Yaguchi:

Love Machine (jacket and dress outfit)
Renai Revolution 21 (the outfits with the fur)
The Peace! (The outfits with the sailor shirts)
Do It! Now (Red and Black outfits ^^)
Aoi Sports Car no Otoko
Salt 5 vid (as Makoto Ogawa )
Cyber Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 08:28 PM   #3
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
teMaki~ teMaki~

I am sooo very surprised so many people cosplayed MM
I mean, I have never seen any in Toronto's cons~ (only attended to 4 cons so far, but I haven't notice any)

MARI IS THE BEST~~~~~~~~~~~heehe
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Yes! Mari rules! She's got great still and that killer attitude :D
Unread 07-22-2003, 12:13 AM   #5
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
teMaki~ teMaki~

guys~ I need help finding Jyakenpyon's yellow check/burberry fabric~ can anyone help???
Unread 07-22-2003, 01:44 AM   #6
petitemusu
"kocchi. u~n. kocchi..."

Cyber Wolf - That's an impressive list. I love those DIN costumes and RR21. I had plans to make those, but gave up on them. I have a really lame version of Sports Car Mika version that I'll eventually have pics of I spent most of my time making the guitar *lol*

Maki - What is burberry???

Momusu cosplay has gotten huge! It's amazing 0_0 I can't help it, but Ai Kago is my fave (since the other faves of mine have graduated *sad*) I guess that's why I do so much cosplay of her!

Future plans:
Working on Gomatto. I'll be Aya! That's a change >_>
7Air - Mika
Probably some original Tanpopo and I'll probably be Kaori

Of course I have so many I want to do it's hard to decide which to do first. And those 3 will be a change for me. I just hope I can do them as well as I feel that I do Ai

Unread 07-22-2003, 02:01 AM   #7
Aya Mizu
Sakurairo

Burberry is a specific pattern of plaid and it's a world-famous designer fashion label. Their two specific patterns are blue and the more popular tan pattern. Their merchandise is usually found in the high-end department stores and shopping areas (i.e. Beverly Hills).

There are so many I want to make but I don't know what I want to do first! LOL ^^;
Aya Mizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 05:25 AM   #8
BabySnowLeopard
Panthera Sapiens K

Yay! A H!P thread XD now we can make this one as long as the Zelda one >_> hehe. Chatter = good
waaaai *huggles Aya Mizu*

You're probably going to have to paint it, Maki O_O Mini Moni uses their own special patented design of plaid XD

waa making a guitar lol XD sounds like a fun prop XD

Mmmm well hello project cosplay seems very popular in asia, it was only a matter of time before it reached the rest of the cosplay world ^^; the great thing about hello project is that they're very visual. The videos and the looks are almost as important as the song, and each song has its own distinct set of outfits, even if it looks like plain clothes. makes a good premise for cosplay ^.~ I know there are a TON of outfits I want *_* I loooove Ayaya. Her costumes range from absolutely obnoxious to totally adorable, but they're always a lot of fun. Ooohh and the plushies. I desperately want an Ayankey T_T

I've currently got three H!P costumes in the works o_o.....

~Kie
BabySnowLeopard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
Cyber Wolf
Bone Daddy

Quote:
Originally posted by petitemusu
Cyber Wolf - That's an impressive list. I love those DIN costumes and RR21. I had plans to make those, but gave up on them. I have a really lame version of Sports Car Mika version that I'll eventually have pics of I spent most of my time making the guitar *lol*

Thank you!!! XD I don't know how many I'm gonna get done this year and into the next year, but I def. wanna do RR21 and either Love Machine or Do It! Now. I love that Love Machine jacket *_*

Yes...put up many pictures

Yeah, I agree; you're going to have to paint it ^^; *also hopes to do Ai K's Jankenpyon outfit* XD~ Gah, so many costumes so little time *_*
Unread 07-22-2003, 01:21 PM   #10
petitemusu
"kocchi. u~n. kocchi..."

Cyber Wolf - I'll post pics as soon as I can It's a little inaccurate, but it was just for fun anyhow. I loved Mika's hair in the video. That's what made me start the costume.

Maki - Painting will take forever *_* I hope you can find something similiar so you don't have to go through that! You haven't been able to find any yellow/white plaid?? That way you'll only have to add the extra black lines instead of painting the whole thing.

Aya - Thanks for explaining Burberry. I rarely look at tags so my designer knowledge is rather low I guess *lol* So many good costumes it's hard to choose!!!

BSL - Yeah! You found the topic! Let's make this the longest one yet ^0^ The guitar was a hassle *_* It's mainly cardboard, but I used real metal for the tuners and added strings for it too! It's more impressive than the costume itself *laugh*

Aya has grown on me ^_^ The main costume that makes me think obnoxious is that orange one from Ne~e? *lol* What is up with those stuffed baubles????

Ooooo...3 costumes! Aya related?

Concerning H!P costumes what I feel bad about is when they layer so many on top of each other. That must be so hot! And of course they don't always fit right >_> Most of the time the costumes go with the song, but occassionally I find the choices strange. Uhm...let's see it I can come up with an example...

There's my chatter! ^0^

Unread 07-22-2003, 02:50 PM   #11
Ryukku X
Maji horeteru jan~! <3

I'm gonna drag some stuff that you guys said in the other thread to here, then add my stuff about H!P costumes. My list keeps changing. LOl.

About Shabondama...if you watch their performance, it shows their "angry-ness"...Yaguchi especially does well with it. Lol. Tanaka, Takahashi, Yaguchi, and Iida were all interviewed (I think that was it..) and they were all talking about how they had to Roll their R's....and Tanaka was explaining that it just came to her naturally or something...and it was just cool, becuase when I went back to watch it, I totally noticed who rolled and who forgot to...and Niigaki didn't. Lol. But yeah. Onto the costumes.....

Here's my updated list of what I'm going to be making. I have a lot of time on my hands...so....yeah.

Goto Maki - Scramble (PV dress version AND Fun live)
Matsuura Aya - Goodbye Natsuo (The Utaban live version/PV version. It's sooooo cute!!
Salt 5 - Ogawa Makoto
7 Air - Takahashi Ai (I LOOOOOVE her costume)
Morning Musume - As for One day Yaguchi version (MS Special Live + PV mix)
Minimoni - Rock n Roll Kenchoushouzaichi Oboenchai na series (Takahashi)
Goto Maki - Sans Toi Ma Mie (Red + White version)

As for groups, I'm getting a whole bunch of people together to do Country Musume ni Konno to Fujimoto's Uwaki na Honey Pie and Coconut's Musume's version of Zurui Onna (Those black costumes are like...cool. LOl.) I would really like to do Shabondama...'cause it;'s an awesome song....but finding 15 people? Uh-uh. We're also gonna be doing Shin Pucchi Moni's Wow Wow Wow...

I have a lot in store for me...but I'm also getting a lot of help from my sister...and she's a genius...

On another topic...do you guys watch Hello Morning or Utaban? Ichiban suki na television shows~! Oh! And have you guys seen the making-ofs for the shuffles? In the 7air making, Mika like...talks in English...and it's so cute, because Tsuji's like "...." and everyone else is like "Kakkoi~~!!!"...lol.
Ryukku X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 02:57 PM   #12
Himemiya
AAAHHH INTERFACING

Waaaaai guys check my costumes for my BRAND SPANKIN NEW SALT 5 COSTUME! Its not complete - shirt's the wrong color, hat is more a mesh than a trucker hat... so i didn't add the stripes to the shirt or the logo to the hat yet, because i might find better pieces before Anime Weekend Atlanta ^___^ I chose Maeda Yuki because it's awesome seeing her singing rap, and I like her hat

My H!P costume wishlist:
Ayaka - Sexy 8, 7nin matsuri
Mini Moni ... uh.... everything mini moni
Maki Goto - Te wo Niggitte
Something Ayaya ^___^ I love her so much!
Himemiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 05:38 PM   #13
tabifu
little bunny tabi fu-fu

Heh...it was only a few months ago that my friend and I were like, "Aw! Morning Musume has such cool outfits! We should cosplay them! I wonder if anyone will even recognize us, tho?"

So...it sounds like quite a few people would not only recognize us but be able to name which song/album we're dressing up as (assuming we do a decent costume) ^_^
tabifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 09:06 PM   #14
Maki Yu.Ki.Ame
teMaki~ teMaki~

wow~ I didn't realize that MM is such a popular cosplay idol group before!!

tabifu: Oh my gosh~ I am so glad to find someone who also love Kana!!! ^^

Maki
Unread 07-23-2003, 01:01 AM   #15
Phavorianne
mutant Favonius

whee~ Just on principles, I have to add to the chatter to make the thread longer ^__~

Yay for Hello! Project cosplay! We should schedule a photo op at AniMagic! I bet we could round up a decent group.

hmm..
>_>

<_<

...I wonder if anyone beats Baby Snow Leopard's affinity in Ayacosplayness >=D she gets stuck doing an aya even when she doesn't want to..... X3

*wants to see the prop guitar*
X3

~Paff
Phavorianne is offline   Reply With Quote