Go Back   Cosplay.com > Member Forums Entrance > Michigan Cosplayers Society

Unread 12-22-2008, 07:36 PM   #1
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

MCS 2009 Main Events Discussion (READ FIRST)

Yesh, I figured I get the Gun blasted off a touch early....

Welcome fellow Michiganders to the Main Events Discussion thread for 2009. This thread will basically work much in the same format as the original Main Events thread, but this will be for discussion of events upcoming for 2009.

On a side note you can go to the following areas to deal with these items:

Threads for New MCS'ers to Check Out
The Official Newbie Thread
Looking For Cosplayer's... SE Michigan
Location, Location, Location...
LJ/dA/MySpace/etc...

The Former Main Event Threads
The Main Event!
The original Main Event Thread. A good place to see the history of MCS, but also to help with jump starting ideas when you need them. If it was a good event in the past, then usually it will be done again..

MCS Main Events 2008 Thread
The '08 Thread....the saga continues....

Coming Soon-
-These threads will be linked to upon there creation...

"Major MCS Convention Roster"
Home sites for the major conventions attended by MCS. This THREAD is usually for discussion of all things relating to the following Conventions (which usually has the topic adjusted accordingly):
Ohayocon
ACEN
Otakon
Youmacon

"MCS Secondary Convention Roster"
Basically this thread will be for any other convention plans being planned by MCS members. This includes ones such as JAFAX, Katsucon, Anime Iowa, and so forth.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So now ladies and gentles I implore you now to fill this wondrous thread with many ideas and plans to keep our selves busy and occupied throughout the year. But please keep in mind the following:

I know most of our Vets know this stuff, but this is more for our newcomers, though sometimes a reminder to us old timers is good too...

-For each event, post as much info about the event, including possible locations and dates. POST ALL NEW EVENTS IDEAS HERE FIRST!! From here the topic can be discussed and deemed if in need of a sub thread.

-Remember to think about the possible major conventions MCS attends when choosing dates. Many times no one will go if the event falls the same weekend or the week before. This can vary on person to person though.

-For those who may need rides, please request them in a polite manner. Also give a rough idea of where you are: IE: Downriver, Mt. Clements...etc. I'm sure that a fellow MCS'er with a car will be willing to offer you a ride if you ask her nicely and respect them. Usually a thank you when they come get you and an offering of 'Gil' (cash) for gas will be appreciated. If you wish to do other things to show your thanks, thats between you and the person you ride with.

-If a particular event gathers A LOT of attention, then a possible separate thread may be opened to help facilitate discussion on the topic so that one does not have to go back eight pages in this thread to find the 8 posts for the one topic. If such a thread is created it will remain open for the duration of the event till ONE WEEK after, before it is closed. This will allow for feedback from after the event as well as posting of pictures and so on.

So onward wayward members of MCS!!! Post, post, post!!!

Side Notes for MCS Staff: If needed, feel free to sticky, add to and adjust the main post as needed to add new tips as needed. This thread will be closed and locked at the end of the year and a new thread will be made for 2010.

The Cosplay File for 2012
All subject to change... (and also more then I can list...@_@) Red= In Progress
Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]

Last edited by Raiji Magiwind : 12-22-2008 at 07:53 PM.
Raiji Magiwind is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

-bumps-
Don't need it getting eaten by the forum...

So do any of us want to think of putting something together in the near future to get together?

Also probably about the time to start discussing ACEN plans if any planning to head out and stuff...

Planned Cosplay's/Projects: Zol Balfaltin "The Grim Reaper" [Immortal Rain], Philemon [Persona], Adam/1st Disciple [DGM- Earl Human Form], Nea Walker [DGM], TARDIS [Doctor Who- "Special Project"], Vocaloid Edward Elric [FMA- "Special Project"], Nekozawa [Ouran- "Princely Ver."]
Unread 01-30-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
Yumei

So I'm guessing the next con for most is mostly likly Acen.
Acen? anybody going?

My sister and I are trying to go. We've been saving our money. Working on our costumes. Everything set except....NO ROOM or PLACE to STAY once we get there!
Well hopefully we get to go.

How's everyone else plans for Acen? Good I hope.
Do you guys make plans to travel together?
Anyone Excited for Acen?
Yumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #4
venus2869
ConMom &amp;amp; Miracle Worker

*peeks in*
It's Shei, pretending to be Venus again XD I did a huge forum clean up. Got rid of all the random threads from last year and locked the 08 MCS Main Event thread. I kept a few of the old locked threads around so newbies can see what stuff we've done and they can know what to look forward to.

Raiji, thanks for starting this up!

*logs out and goes back to being myself again* XD
Unread 02-03-2009, 05:50 AM   #5
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

No worries there. I usually am I think the main person who actually checks this place daily. Also at least witht helinks tot he other threads you can also at least kill half of 'em as stickies, since the thread is linked in here... ... At least for major threads and stuff

Unread 02-03-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

The majority of the threads that I deleted were from before Acen last year, and were mostly random get-together ideas (bday parties, karaoke nights, movie nights). It seems the bigger our group gets, the less we do any sort of "group events".

*sigh* I remember the days when we would go to movies in cosplay, the Wizzywig cosplay days, and the first two MCS end of the year hotel parties. Gawd, I feel OLD now >_<
Facebook DeviantArt
Shei Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #7
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

We should have more get-togethers! Any excuse to cosplay is good for me...even if it is just to invade the mall or movies.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Possible planned cosplays:
Melima331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #8
Deuce_VII
Devil Trigger Dante

i have a ton of stuff i'd love to wear out >D (well, some is still in transit -_-...but you get my point)
In a time, long since past in an age of darkness, when the Earth was overrun with demons and humans were powerless under their rule humanity's hope lived in a demon, named Sparda. With a spirit unlike any other, and wielding the sword that bore his own name, Sparda eradicated the demons. And now the Legend of Sparda, has been inherited, by his son the demon slayer...Dante
Deuce_VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2009, 05:43 AM   #9
Raiji Magiwind
The Overload Alchemist

Well then perhaps we need to start remedying that problem...XD
Of course, I would mind if it ended up being our little lot getting together for a evening... just me and you all (Shei, Duece and Melima), since were like I think the closest to each other out of the whole group as far as in relation to location...more or less. After all wouldn't mind just spending the day wandering around Lakeside or something or going to the park (once it gets a bit warmer), or even go see a movie or hit up Cloverleaf or another restuarant... hell even just all hang at a Coney Island in the area...

Unread 02-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I think I would be a bit more motivated to do things once the arctic freeze is over. All I want to do when it's this cold is cuddle up in my pjs and drink hot tea.

Cosplays: Nariko (Heavenly Sword), Rikku (FFX, Berserker, Black Mage, Samurai, Songstress, Detroit Red Wings, Dark Knight), Catwoman, Astrid (HTTYD), Sango (Inuyasha), Daenerys, Elsa (Frozen)

Unread 02-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #11
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melima331 View Post
I think I would be a bit more motivated to do things once the arctic freeze is over. All I want to do when it's this cold is cuddle up in my pjs and drink hot tea.
I'm the same way. I hate the cold and just want to stay at home where it's warm. Yet, it doesn't stop me from hitting the gym, lol. I think I'll be able to wear Lei Fang at Acen XDD
Facebook DeviantArt
Unread 02-06-2009, 05:59 PM   #12
bar1scorpio
Big Damn Hero

We could have a "Arctic PJs, Hot Tea & Cuddling" Party!
And.. anyone interested at all in a movie?
Unread 02-06-2009, 07:38 PM   #13
Melima331
Chaotic Neutral

I would be ok with a get together to just watch movies. Maybe we can do a double feature. Has anyone seen Kung Pow:Enter the fist? That's always a good group movie to watch together.

Unread 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #14
Uchihacest69
Hallelujah, Lock and Load

you forget the nerd-tastic summer ahead. Tranformers 2, G.I. Joe, Dragon Ball, Watchmen (not quite summer yet). A movie adventure would rock.

So long Cosplay.... I'll miss you dearly.
Uchihacest69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
Shei Valentine
Zydrate Addict

I know this is a little...okay a LOT last minute, but since I don't work tomorrow, Raiji is already planning on invading my apartment. Anyone else want to join her for an afternoon of anime, cosplay work, and perhaps a bit of cooking? It's been far too long since I've had any visitors.
Facebook DeviantArt