Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 01-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #1
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Temporary hair dye/spray to blonde?

>>> Skip down to arrows if you want the "in a nutshell" question!

My boyfriend is cosplaying Ace by Jubilations on deviantART. My boyfriend's hair looks like this http://images.inmagine.com/img/bilde...4/010691bl.jpg but you know, my boyfriend is a lot older than that. XD

And the character's hair looks like this http://www.deviantart.com/download/9...ubilations.png

My boyfriend won't cut his hair, and i don't blame him. His hair is sexy. The original Ace had longer hair anyways, so all we need to do is get that color. (( Though my boyfriend DOES change his mind a lot, so we might cut his hair))

My boyfriend's hair is the same brown as that little kid's hair. If there's any good wigs that style, i guess that'd work (but it'll be a pain to get all his thick bushy hair in a wig cap XD )

I was more of thinking about that spray in color. I know it looks bad, but i was thinking if i sprayed enough of it, his hair wouldn't show through and at least it'd be blonde.

Or, is there any sort of temporary dye of some magical sort that could make his hair blonde? We can't bleach it, i know, cuz that's permanent and he would NEVER go for that. XD

>>> So in simple terms, any sort of hair spray or dye to make your hair blonde temporarily, even if it looks really bad?

EDIT: Just as a side note, we don't want to invest in anything expensive cuz my boyfriend is the type of cosplayer that buys something that looks similar to the outfit, but not quite. Like, his Hatori from Furuba was just a costume lab coat, dickies, and a vest he stole from his brother. Its close, but not perfect. So if i tried to convince him to invest a lot of money is cosplay supplies, he'd rather look wrong than spend money. XD

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!

Last edited by Axelai : 01-01-2009 at 02:30 PM.
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Black_The_White

Uhhh.
I know Sallys has some temporary hair spray stuff.

I bought http://www.sallybeauty.com/haircolor...cgid=Hair05-03
that stuff once.
It didn't work though.
I got the black and tried spraying over my hair when it was like..blue..or green..or wtfever color it was.

It just made my hair EXTREMELY gross. Like. Sticky. Clumped together. Looked like I hadn't taken a shower in weeks. =/
but the fact was that it didn't work. Hahaha. It might of just been my hair though.
There is some blonde color ones though. You could try that I guess?

I'd imagine that'd be the only way to get his hair blonde. Unless you use a wig or bleach it.
I guess this doesn't really help.

Sorry!
Black_The_White is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #3
Rhapsodey
WhatisthisIdon'teven...

Yes. Any kind of spray will make the strands stick together and look terrible. It takes forever to wash out and you have to style the hair while spraying, which is a pain. I've done it once, and I will never do it again. Even for a one-day thing, it is NOT a good idea. I would break down and cough up the cash for an actual wig.

No. There are no temp dyes. Any thing that says so sticks for awhile. Even more so if your boyfriend's hair is heathy. To get a wig to have that effect, just use extentions. get the shortest you can and add them to the cap of the wig. cut them down a little(or as much as needed), and style that way. Otherwise, they may have guy-ish short thick wigs. o.o All depends on where you go.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :3
ECC 2015
Sakura Con 2015

WIP Costumes -
Gijinka Fennekin - 95%
Rhyme - TWEWY - 75%
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica - 5%
Everfree Surprise! - 1%

My dA
My Facebook page
Rhapsodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:26 PM   #4
Axelai
I'm Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhapsodey View Post
Yes. Any kind of spray will make the strands stick together and look terrible. It takes forever to wash out and you have to style the hair while spraying, which is a pain. I've done it once, and I will never do it again. Even for a one-day thing, it is NOT a good idea. I would break down and cough up the cash for an actual wig.

No. There are no temp dyes. Any thing that says so sticks for awhile. Even more so if your boyfriend's hair is heathy. To get a wig to have that effect, just use extentions. get the shortest you can and add them to the cap of the wig. cut them down a little(or as much as needed), and style that way. Otherwise, they may have guy-ish short thick wigs. o.o All depends on where you go.

Hope it helps. Good luck! :3
Well, wigs are a no go cuz like i said, my boyfriend is one of THOSE cosplayers who does it for fun, not accuracy. @_@

So even if the dye stays awhile, it'll go eventually, right? Any dye like that which makes it blonde?

~Cure deviantART Tumblr Fan Page~

Vote for me at the Otaku House costume contest!!
Axelai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:37 PM   #5
o01101011
Just call me Digit

he would have to bleach his hair to go from brunette to blond.
o01101011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
Michi
I'm genie for your wish
Forum Moderator

Jerome Russell Blonde Temporary Highlight Spray.

I went from this:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/167870/

to this:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/167870/

in the same day.

Facebook / Twitter / Website / Tumblr

Next Event: J-Pop Summit Festival in San Francisco, CA (July 19-20)
Michi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2009, 02:14 AM   #7
Rhapsodey
WhatisthisIdon'teven...

Well if he's not out for accuracy, then I say let him spray his hair. Otherwise, depending on the type of dye you get, yes it will wash out. It may take awhile and he may even have to cut it all out like I did when I dyed my own hair pink, but it does come out.
ECC 2015
Sakura Con 2015

WIP Costumes -
Gijinka Fennekin - 95%
Rhyme - TWEWY - 75%
Mami Tomoe - Madoka Magica - 5%
Everfree Surprise! - 1%

My dA
My Facebook page
Rhapsodey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:56 AM   #8
MaxieMelve02

Usually if I want to change the hair style I will buy the cheap hair wigs at the online shop so that it will neither cost me a lot and I can reach the goal of change my hair style easily and recently I have bought a curly wigs.

Last edited by MaxieMelve02 : 12-20-2013 at 12:28 AM.
MaxieMelve02 is offline   Reply With Quote