The AWX cosplay event will be held 24 January at Bright Water Commons.
There will be ONLY 2 sections for the Cosplay Competition:
Professional & Amateur
Professional Section Rules (Will be updated):
* 80% or more of the costume needs to be made by the wearer.
Amateur Section Rules (Will be updated):
* 20% or more of the costume needs to be made by the wearer.
Rules that apply to BOTH sections:
* Excessively explicit outfits will not be allowed.
* Entire outfits may NOT be bought! This includes cheap outfits bought in flea markets and online stores. In regards to the Amateur section, if the outfit is made by a local seamstress (aka Mom ) and the local seamstress is given due credit for creating the outfit, the outfit will be allowed.
* Your outfit MUST be exclusive to this event, it cannot have been worn previously or used for any other event or social gathering.
* Your Cosplay Character Outfit must be taken from a game, anime or manga. (Unfortunately due to the difficult nature of judging self-created characters, they will not be allowed for this event.)
* You must 13 years or older to enter.
* All Props must conform to the Weapons Policy stated below.
- If swords are brought, they must be peace-tied during the entire event. They are not allowed to be drawn within the Events premises.
- Only plastic guns are permitted. Guns are not allowed to have live ammo of any kind.
- Nothing that shoots sparks or flames is allowed.
- Fake, prop, or made-up weapons are permitted if they are safe and not dangerous to others around you or yourself. The Cosplay Judges will determine if the prop weapon is dangerous or not at any given time.
Failure to adhere to the above rules will result in instant disqualification and you might be asked to leave the event.
Please note the following details will be necessary when entering the Competition:
- Your Name/Username on AWX
- Character Name
- Game/Anime/Manga where your Character originates from.
- Contact Number (preferably a Cell No.).
- Picture of the character you are Cosplaying