Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > San Diego Comic Con

Unread 07-22-2003, 06:37 PM   #1
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Most prized purchase at Comic-Con?

What was the most prized item or autograph you got at the convnetion.

Mine was a KELDOR signed by the head writer and the four horsemen. I'm a huge He-Man freak!!! Nothing made me happier then to get such a cool looking figure, (Skeletor before he get's his face burned off).

BTW, if anyone got an Angelina Jolie autograph you win hands down!!! Nobody seemed to even get near her, the entire situation was jacked-up. Satnding ovation for anyone who pulled this off.

Maybe we should post pics of our prized item from the con.

COSPLAY MEDIA: Cosplay and Convention videos and photography. http://cosplaymedia.com
Crazy Bunta is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 07-22-2003, 06:43 PM   #2
Wolfgirl
BE ONE with the wolfs

I went to the last comic con when the lord of the rings people where there and ben afleck was signing things for daredevil, you could'nt get near them unless you bribed people with 10.ooo bucks. So I took a look at the angelina jolie line and said there I was here. LOL and moved on.

This year I just got a autogrpah from elvira mistress of the dark. got to love her shes the original goth person. Thats my prize item.
Wolfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 06:47 PM   #3
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfgirl
I went to the last comic con when the lord of the rings people where there and ben afleck was signing things for daredevil, you could'nt get near them unless you bribed people with 10.ooo bucks. So I took a look at the angelina jolie line and said there I was here. LOL and moved on.

This year I just got a autogrpah from elvira mistress of the dark. got to love her shes the original goth person. Thats my prize item.
Yeah Elvira is cool, and I never thought about it, but yeah she is very goth inspiring. My bro was in the Rob Zombie line and got an autograph. I heard that the Rob Zombie signings were really messsed up.

COSPLAY MEDIA: Cosplay and Convention videos and photography. http://cosplaymedia.com
Unread 07-22-2003, 06:58 PM   #4
jade_dragon
/dance

i got a picture with micheal turner and a tshirt signed by him *squeal*
jade_dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #5
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by jade_dragon
i got a picture with micheal turner and a tshirt signed by him *squeal*
The folks at ASPEN comics were too paranoid for me to approach. They just got over a long and painful lawsuit against Top Cow over the rights to the name ASPEN as well as the rights to FATHOM. Point being, they were pretty paranoid and it kinda scared me.

Unread 07-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #6
AgentSakur9
Yatta Ze! *^_^*

nothing prizey bought this time around, considering all I got was a lousy Street Fighter Comic Preview (they didn't get anything right at all, UGH!!!!!!!), a DVD Called "Everyone's Kung Fu Fighting" and Vol.1-2 of Chobits.

Chobits I guess was my best purchase this year. But of all time? My PVC Street Fighter Alpha 2 Sakura and Rumiko Takahashi signing my Sketch book. **grins**
Unread 07-22-2003, 07:13 PM   #7
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSakur9
nothing prizey bought this time around, considering all I got was a lousy Street Fighter Comic Preview (they didn't get anything right at all, UGH!!!!!!!)
I got that too. My only compliment is, good coloring. Especially the poster they had of Chun-Li at the booth, (which is not in the comic). It's supposed to be strictly the Strret Fighter II story arc, which means no Evil Ryu for example. Makes me wonder how they claim that they got 100% backing from Capcom on their story ark, *ahem money.

Unread 07-22-2003, 07:38 PM   #8
Rogue Marvel
Pirate Love

I bought my self a Sterling silver edition of the one ring

*strokes ring*
how I love it

I also got my gambit mini bust signed by bowen and my copy of ultimate spider-man 13 signed by bendis(best issue ever!)

Last year my tresure was a copy of elektra #3 with the nude inside signed by chuck austen actually this year I got bendis to sign that too!
Rogue Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 07:47 PM   #9
AgentSakur9
Yatta Ze! *^_^*

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Bunta
I got that too. My only compliment is, good coloring. Especially the poster they had of Chun-Li at the booth, (which is not in the comic). It's supposed to be strictly the Strret Fighter II story arc, which means no Evil Ryu for example. Makes me wonder how they claim that they got 100% backing from Capcom on their story ark, *ahem money.
I agree the art was pretty good. Evil Ryu Existed from SF1 but for like a split second and by SFII Gouken was already dead, like for a while. Oy. I didn't read over 150+ pages of the story line for nothing. ha ha. It's good reading too. It breaks down everything from SF1-SFIII:Third Impact. (they even include how the Final Fight Series is involved) Anyway, I was disappointed. The Book "All About Capcom" explains most of the story and they still got it wrong.

Example: Ryu and Ken's fighting style is not Shotokan. Heck the movements are completely different. It reality (as it were) it's Ansatsuken, w/ more Judo, Karate, Taekwondo and Koppo elements.

An American Company got it wrong? Nah never happens

OMG... I've gone nuts... must stop myself.... O_O:
Unread 07-22-2003, 08:27 PM   #10
Ashe
King of Chococro

My Arwen circlet, hands down! I was so exicted to see it there, it was totally worth bankrupting myself for another month. =p
Ashe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 08:32 PM   #11
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by Ashley Rice
My Arwen circlet, hands down! I was so exicted to see it there, it was totally worth bankrupting myself for another month. =p
hahaha. I guess my question for this post should have been, who actually had enough money from the con to make it home?

I hit the ATM like 3 times since I got there! ...so afraid when the bills roll in at the end of the month.

Unread 07-22-2003, 08:37 PM   #12
Crazy Bunta
Cosplaymedia.com

Quote:
Originally posted by AgentSakur9
I agree the art was pretty good. Evil Ryu Existed from SF1 but for like a split second and by SFII Gouken was already dead, like for a while. Oy. I didn't read over 150+ pages of the story line for nothing. ha ha. It's good reading too. It breaks down everything from SF1-SFIII:Third Impact. (they even include how the Final Fight Series is involved) Anyway, I was disappointed. The Book "All About Capcom" explains most of the story and they still got it wrong.

Example: Ryu and Ken's fighting style is not Shotokan. Heck the movements are completely different. It reality (as it were) it's Ansatsuken, w/ more Judo, Karate, Taekwondo and Koppo elements.

An American Company got it wrong? Nah never happens

OMG... I've gone nuts... must stop myself.... O_O:
Yeah, not to sound mean or anything, but I think we al new that nobody in the US could possibly do a Street Fighter story properly, in fact, thanks to the stupid live action movie, tey've blown it forever. Was it just me, or was that movie a straight out racist movie!? EX: That the japanese guy, (who is Hawaiian?) is only a camera man, he plays like Godzilla and he is doing sumo? Meaning E.Honda. The list goes on and on. Grrr. I could spend years going off on that piece of garbage.

Unread 07-22-2003, 08:45 PM   #13
Kikari
Bad Habits

I didn't to get any autographs this year..but I did get Dominic Monaghan, Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd and that guy who played Sauron's signature last year ^^;
Kikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2003, 08:54 PM   #14
AgentSakur9
Yatta Ze! *^_^*

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Bunta
Yeah, not to sound mean or anything, but I think we all new that nobody in the US could possibly do a Street Fighter story properly, in fact, thanks to the stupid live action movie, they've blown it forever. Was it just me, or was that movie a straight out racist movie!? EX: That the japanese guy, (who is Hawaiian?) is only a camera man, he plays like Godzilla and he is doing sumo? Meaning E.Honda. The list goes on and on. Grrr. I could spend years going off on that piece of garbage.
Yeah let's not do that. *^_^*
Unread 07-22-2003, 09:03 PM   #15
kylash327
PlasticGeek.com

I only bought one thing there, a ROTK theatrical poster, but i like it muchly ^^
kylash327 is offline   Reply With Quote