Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Matsuri

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 03-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #46
Emotiongear

As we get closer to the convention, the excitement is building stronger. We have a cool idea for all our hard working cosplay supporters:

who wants to appear on the banner on this site? (the AM banner up there ^)

PM me some cool pix of yourself in the cosplay you'll be sporting at AM and we'll pick some pick some cool looking ones and put them on the banner so everyone can see how awesome you are!

Also include your real and cosplay names and what city you are from

Thank you!

Unread 03-17-2009, 11:56 AM   #47
eemee

Question...the AM forums are down so I thought I'd ask here-

Will there be two day passes available? The website didn't have any listed, but last year they were offered. I may only be able to come for two days, if any. Thank you!
Unread 03-17-2009, 04:36 PM   #48
Emotiongear

The forums are back up now! Sorry about that.

We are not offering 2 day passes this year. Just single and weekend passes.
Unread 03-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #49
Emotiongear

What do you think of the new AM commecial made by the talented Vic Mignogna?

It features lots of cosplayers

Watch it on Youtube here
Unread 03-20-2009, 10:37 PM   #50
vietgirl018
hibiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotiongear View Post

Watch it on Youtube here

I think its awesome!
It gave me a good laugh and smile. I was like wow!
vietgirl018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #51
SchizoIori
visual antagonist

I'll be there this year. I'm bringing

Adell -Disgaea 2
Ash- Phantom brave
Sasuke

Current Projects:

Dissidia Duodecim Tifa Lockheart,Petz/ Prizma (sailor moon R), Trunks (DBZ), Nami (Water 7),Black Canary (Batman/JL) Black Cat
SchizoIori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #52
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

Well this will be my first time attending AM so I hope things turn out well. ^^
Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #53
Emotiongear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha View Post
Well this will be my first time attending AM so I hope things turn out well. ^^
What are the 3 main things you look forward to at cons in general?
Unread 03-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #54
Digital Blush
Nextcon: Dallas Comic-con

Quote:
What are the 3 main things you look forward to at cons in general?
Hm, well for me it would be the cosplay contest. I enjoy attending those though only if its organized and doesn't run long. I like to be able to have a placed to sit after walk ons so I can enjoy seeing the skits. I think the other thing I look forward to is the dealers room. I guess if theres a wide variety of things there and not just the same thing. I also enjoy if the hotel isn't up tight about times people can be wandering around. That really is disappointing when you can't walk around late at night at any late panels or events. I also like going to cons if there are new guests that are invited. It is somewhat boring after awhile seeing the same guests every year. No offense to them but maybe different guests. Though I would think those are some basic things you guys probably already took into account. Either way I look forward to the con.
Digital Blush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2009, 01:26 AM   #55
Emotiongear

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha View Post
Hm, well for me it would be the cosplay contest. I enjoy attending those though only if its organized and doesn't run long. I like to be able to have a placed to sit after walk ons so I can enjoy seeing the skits. I think the other thing I look forward to is the dealers room. I guess if theres a wide variety of things there and not just the same thing. I also enjoy if the hotel isn't up tight about times people can be wandering around. That really is disappointing when you can't walk around late at night at any late panels or events. I also like going to cons if there are new guests that are invited. It is somewhat boring after awhile seeing the same guests every year. No offense to them but maybe different guests. Though I would think those are some basic things you guys probably already took into account. Either way I look forward to the con.
Blu, Jo Ellen, Diana, Gren and Matt will make sure the cosplay contest is top notch, although I have noted your idea and I will talk to them.

Our dealers room is bigger this year so we had to move it downstairs. There's a huge variety and better yet, it's been sold out for a month. So you'll be pleased there.

We take security very seriously at AM. The entire security staff, (incl. HPD, Montgomery Sherriff) is our responsibility. This also means that we will give the attendees the liberty to do what they link as long as they dont break the rules. So no, noone will be uptight about you wondering around at night.

As for guests, i'm sure you already know who is coming. most of them have not been here before. Yes many of our attendees will get to meet them for the first time at AM. We encourage our attendees to elcome the guests warmly because it's either their first time here or dont come ofter.

So the bottom line, You should be in for a treat. We are doing all we can to provide enough entertainment and value while creating a social atmosphere to generally have fun with your friends(and all the new people you meet).

If you have questions or comments, I'm always here to help. ^_^
Unread 03-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #56
toshirua3846384
take your fail and leave

im going to be at anime matsuri, cant enter in the contest though cause i think my cosplay costume wont be done in time
toshirua3846384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 04:14 PM   #57
chisainekocat
Harr0

Are there any schedules out yet? In particular, I would like to know which days the main events are, but I can wait if nothing's set to stone yet.

My old cosplay group: JAC Productions (with Paro Paro Inc friends) jac-productions.com/
chisainekocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #58
Emotiongear

We'll post up the schedule in the next couple of days. We're making sure the Panels Director and his team can run the 60+ panels with as little delays as possible.
Unread 03-24-2009, 03:08 AM   #59
BlueRose
新しい畏怖

Quote:

Watch it on Youtube here
I really don't cosplay anymore but this was hilarious, lol...the pikachu tattoo, god.

my reasons for attending cons: most likely differ from most people.

1 - crazed fanboys/girls that hunt around the convention floor glomping, late night hotel antics and general people making an ass of themselves. Sorry but say what you want - weirdos make the con experience what it has been; atleast for me and a few of my friends that who used to attend cons.

2 - skits. The amount of time some people put into these is just reason enough for me to sit through a few of atrocities to get to a diamond in the rough. I'm just going to stop here...

3 - cosplay hallway posing etc. Okay, this has its positives and negatives for me.. but I just cant help but notice an attention getter when I'm trying to go back to my room in between the dealers section and gaming to spot one of these general aspirants to a cosmopolitan cover.

serious reasons:

1- the concert. Basically in my eyes, if your con doesn't have a decent musical act performing -- its the make or break it for your expectations. Sure, we all have our own tastes and whatnot even as our converging interests as con attendees are concerned. However, I think most of us can discern the strength of a con that books Miyavi; and one that books a half-known local DJ to remix anime themes for a jpop rave. Btw, the fact our getting Miyavi pretty much made me question myself in attending a con in almost 3 years, so congrats.

2 - game tournaments/competitive factor. non-gamers i can see they would rather compare cosplay ideas or anime knowledge or whatever have you. the social part i am grouping here just for the fact i go for arcade/console gaming. I mean, for the hardcore types you have Evolution and SBO etc. But for some of us not committed to traveling cross country, it gives us a little taste of the big game scene.

3 - dealers room. at first I had thought of putting the dance in here, then realized most dances/raves have been ass lately as I recall (word of mouth, so who knows). Anyway if peole really want a dance...hit up a techno club! It was actually hard for me to put dealers room and the top 2 how they see fit in order, but if you know most every con has a dealer room, some aren't that impressive. Every con i go to I leave with a cool ass item. Anyway, I've never been to an AM, but I still think I would find some rare item I would have to buy.

yeah
BlueRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2009, 12:50 PM   #60
CasandraKiske

If we're on a waiting list for superpasses, when will we find out if we will be able to purchase them? My friend and I are getting antsy. We really want to get front row seats for Miyavi. We're also making him some gifts to give to him.

Also, your forum would let me register, but I never received any confirmation emails to my inbox (and yes, I checked my spam box). I'd like to be able to post on the AM forums.
CasandraKiske is offline   Reply With Quote