Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Resident Evil

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
bladealchemist
Registered User
 
bladealchemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 420
Resident Evil; Rebecca's vest help

I have created the vest okay, but what should I use for the "Rescue" symbol on her back? I am a little scared to use fabric paint in case I mess up (red on white mess-ups are pretty big eye sores) but will if I can't find a better technique. Any ideas? Here is a reference picture:
http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Im...1014_3_big.jpg
bladealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #2
orionflame
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladealchemist View Post
I have created the vest okay, but what should I use for the "Rescue" symbol on her back? I am a little scared to use fabric paint in case I mess up (red on white mess-ups are pretty big eye sores) but will if I can't find a better technique. Any ideas? Here is a reference picture:
http://www.gamekyo.com/Webmasters/Im...1014_3_big.jpg
Tshirt computer print out paper. Iron it on the vest. Done
  Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 10:56 AM   #3
lunaishtar
Registered User
 
lunaishtar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 78
In any case if you are really going to paint it (if you have no other option) use some kind of tape to limit the simbol before paiting so if you miss you'll paint the tape and not the vest. I'll keep an eye on this thread since i wanted to re-do my rebecca costume as well.
lunaishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 11:13 AM   #4
bladealchemist
Registered User
 
bladealchemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionflame View Post
Tshirt computer print out paper. Iron it on the vest. Done

The only problem I have with Iron-Ons is the vest is a denim/canvas material, which is very texturized. I am worried that the design will crack too much, or become disfigured when I apply it.
bladealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #5
bladealchemist
Registered User
 
bladealchemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunaishtar View Post
In any case if you are really going to paint it (if you have no other option) use some kind of tape to limit the simbol before paiting so if you miss you'll paint the tape and not the vest. I'll keep an eye on this thread since i wanted to re-do my rebecca costume as well.
Thanks for the idea with the tape. I may paint it now, using that technique to block the extra. I was going to use a stencil, but paint leaks under it. I think the tape will be better anyways.
bladealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
orionflame
 
Posts: n/a
I just sewed the circle and cross on mine in red fabric then got iron on letters. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1660938/
  Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #7
bladealchemist
Registered User
 
bladealchemist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by orionflame View Post
I just sewed the circle and cross on mine in red fabric then got iron on letters. http://www.cosplay.com/photo/1660938/
I like how crisp and clear your vest came out. I just don't want it to have that three dimensional appeal to it with the raised letters.

That, and any way I can escape having to sew things on in a straight line where people will see it, I will do it.
bladealchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
Leon_Redfield
Resident Licker
 
Leon_Redfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,301
You're welcome to post around the Biohazard/RE thread too.

http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=47209
Leon_Redfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.