Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:52 PM   #211
vixentail

I need help on this part of Vanille's costume:
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t...vanilletop.jpg

What did you guys use for the various things in this part of the costume?

Thanks in advance!
vixentail is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #212
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ vixentail: For all of those pieces, I used Sculpey. It's very sturdy, and it weighs enough that it can balance out the weight of the harness on her back, which attaches to these top pieces. This is the only shot I have of them, though I hadn't added the fang pieces yet: http://twitpic.com/1cifu2.

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Miss Martian, stealth suit (Young Justice)
- Danny Fenton (Danny Phantom)
- Barbara Gordon (Batgirl)
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Sirene is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:35 PM   #213
blueskysunday
El Psy Congroo

@ vixentail: I also used sculpey for the two white beads and the brown thing. I bought the fang beads though. They were pretty easy to find online.
Alicia Melchiott, Valkyria Chronicles
Saint Tail, Saint Tail
blueskysunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #214
benihime
Kimono Queen

hey guys! my boyfriend just bought an xbox and so we're finally playing ff13 and I LOVE vanille - just the type of girl i like cosplaying. but i'll probably put it off until next year because i still have weight i want to lose but ANYWAY. i do have one big problem. two actually. i'm probably a bit too busty compared to her. do you think that's a big problem? i would bind but it would be too hard in this outfit

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 08:17 PM   #215
LlochNess

Good luck; you have to beat the crowd before she becomes an over-done cosplay. :P Right now it's still new and unique.
LlochNess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:52 AM   #216
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ benihime: I don't think it's that much of an issue - I actually have the opposite problem, so I've added a bit of padding to the top. xD A little binding shouldn't hurt if you feel it's necessary, but if you're using a non-stretchy material for the top, it should take care of itself.

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Unread 05-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #217
Lycorisa

I have a noobish question lol. Will a willow wig work out for vanille? um.. if I cut bangs into it will it work? and is it long enough for the curl?
http://www.cosworx.com/product.php?p...=2495&page=1l?
Lycorisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 10:59 AM   #218
Etrina
Banshee Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirene View Post
@ benihime: I don't think it's that much of an issue - I actually have the opposite problem, so I've added a bit of padding to the top. xD A little binding shouldn't hurt if you feel it's necessary, but if you're using a non-stretchy material for the top, it should take care of itself.
I'd use a linen for the top - that way there's no risk of clinging to your bustyness - I have the same problem and this is the material I plan on using. Plus the texture of her shirt just looks like linen to me.

Upcoming Events:
Blizzcon 2010

Upcoming Cosplays
Codex of The Guild - 40% || Lady Sylvanas Windrunner - 8% (patterning) || Vanille FFXIII

Dreamscape my blog
Follow me on Twitter!
Etrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 02:09 PM   #219
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ Lycorisa: I honestly don't think I'd use Willow as a base for a Vanille wig. It's long enough for the curls, but Vanille's bangs are thicker and sweep over the "body" of her hair (if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't!). This can be a very difficult wig to do accurately (dyeing, back-parting, curling...), and adding the extra step of trying to cut bangs into it just seems sort of silly - who wants to do extra work? It'd be much easier on yourself if you just purchased a wig that already has bangs. :]

@ Etrina: Definitely a linen or cotton works best for her top! There was an excellent cotton material linked to a few pages back that looks extremely accurate~.

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Unread 05-04-2010, 03:18 PM   #220
Lycorisa

Quote:
@ Lycorisa: I honestly don't think I'd use Willow as a base for a Vanille wig. It's long enough for the curls, but Vanille's bangs are thicker and sweep over the "body" of her hair (if that makes sense, sorry if it doesn't!). This can be a very difficult wig to do accurately (dyeing, back-parting, curling...), and adding the extra step of trying to cut bangs into it just seems sort of silly - who wants to do extra work? It'd be much easier on yourself if you just purchased a wig that already has bangs. :]

@ Etrina: Definitely a linen or cotton works best for her top! There was an excellent cotton material linked to a few pages back that looks extremely accurate~.
Thank-you for your input Is there a specific wig that you would reconmend? um.. is vanille's hair orange? or pink...It seems to be more of a pink.
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:41 AM   #221
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ Lycorisa: For my Vanille wig, I just used a medium-length white wig with bangs and then dyed it using the FW Ink method. I'm in the process of back-parting it, following Katie Bair's "Parting for Ponytails" tutorial. (The extensions I'm using are just the generic CosWorx loose extensions in white; I dyed them at the same time I dyed the wig.) Once I'm home, I can get you a link to the specific wig I'm using, but I really think any long white wig is a good place to start.

As for the color, Vanille's hair is a mix of orange and pink. In-game, it looks quite a bit more orange, but in the CG references, it's more pink/red. The best way I can think of to describe it is "cherry orange". If you're thinking of dyeing it yourself, you'll want to just play around with inks until you find a shade you're happy with. (I used a combination of five different FW Inks: Scarlet, Flame Orange, Process Magenta, White, and Burnt Umber.)

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Unread 05-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #222
WooTetPoof

starting vanille

ok hi everybody
i am starting a vanille cosplay i wanted to but the outfir from cosplay house but its too expensive

so iv come here and i would like you guys to be my support line
considering the only cosplays iv done is aerith and kairi andkairi is the only one i hand made

would u ever guess that i found a pink dress, jacket and boots just like aerith's original ff7 outfit at goodwill! it still amazes me.

i want to gather techniques and ideas so i can attempt to make vanille's outfit
but im still not sure on what kind of fabric to use. yes it does appear she has this large yellow loin cloth in the front. in some pictures iv seen her skirt yellow at the top and fades to orange at the bottom.
WooTetPoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:37 PM   #223
benihime
Kimono Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LlochNess View Post
Good luck; you have to beat the crowd before she becomes an over-done cosplay. :P Right now it's still new and unique.
actually I don't mind if it's overdone. considering that, yuna and a lot of the FF7 characters are overdone then. i love the character so i'll still cosplay her :3

thanks everyone for the input! sometimes it sucks being a busty girl

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #224
Sirene
Love made you into this.

@ WooTetPoof: I'd really advise reading over this thread if you're looking for what materials to use! :] There's a lot of excellent suggestions, especially for her pink top material. As for the "loin cloth", it's actually part of her skirt; and the gradient runs from orange at the top to yellow at the bottom.

@ Lycorisa (part 2!): Here's the wig I'm using as a base: link. The shipping is free, which is always nice! And the wig is extremely thick and easy to work with. As for the extensions, it doesn't look like CosWorx is carrying the loose extensions right now; but two packs of 48" extensions should be enough. (I only used one pack and I had to skimp a bit near the bottom of the wig, but fortunately it won't really show.)

@ benihime: Haha, no problem! And the reverse is true, too - sometimes it sucks barely having a chest at all. xD

x. c2e2 '12 cosplay
- Cyclone (DC Universe)
Unread 05-05-2010, 09:59 PM   #225
Lycorisa

Quote:
@ WooTetPoof: I'd really advise reading over this thread if you're looking for what materials to use! :] There's a lot of excellent suggestions, especially for her pink top material. As for the "loin cloth", it's actually part of her skirt; and the gradient runs from orange at the top to yellow at the bottom.

@ Lycorisa (part 2!): Here's the wig I'm using as a base: link. The shipping is free, which is always nice! And the wig is extremely thick and easy to work with. As for the extensions, it doesn't look like CosWorx is carrying the loose extensions right now; but two packs of 48" extensions should be enough. (I only used one pack and I had to skimp a bit near the bottom of the wig, but fortunately it won't really show.)

@ benihime: Haha, no problem! And the reverse is true, too - sometimes it sucks barely having a chest at all. xD
Thank-you so much for your help *gives you a big air hug
thx a lot^^